Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) (1833 Views)

Is Steady Electricity Possible In Nigeria? / I’m Not Slow, But Avoiding Mistakes Of The Past – PMB / Buhari Is Not Slow, He’s Working – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by msmon(m): 8:01am On Jun 27, 2015
I find it extremely hilarious that
Nigerians, again, are in haste. They have
become impatient with President Buhari;
he is too slow for some, others are
satisfied with the approaching results,
while the majority are indifferent with his
actions and perceived inaction.

Unfortunately, we are the most forgetful
set of people in the world; and that’s the
reason why Nigeria will remain
underdeveloped for many years to come.
How can any rational people in a country
as populated with active minds be so
submerged in amnesia? The sixteen
destructive years of the Peoples
Democratic Party, (PDP) have become
irrelevant to those with fickle minds.
They have, suddenly, been blinded by
their sense of forgetfulness and want
change to happen in one month.

Nigerians must be ready to pay huge
prices to regain their economic and
social freedom. The law of nature clearly
states: “plant today and harvest
tomorrow.” Since our previous leaders,
especially Jonathan Goodluck’s team, for
five years, deliberately forgot to invest,
and consumed all available resources,
the resultant effect is years of famine,
while we reorganise/scrape crumbs for
reinvestment for the future. It may sound
metaphorical, but this is the true state of
the nation.

Rebuilding a nation from five years of
exploitative regime is as hard as climbing
Mount Everest without safety guards.
Every Nigerian can testify that NEPA/
PHCN has suddenly improved its services
in just four weeks of APC government;
four refineries will be back to active,
productive state by the end of July.

These miracles are devoid of
explanation; GMB government has only
decided to reactivate the laid- down rules
of our constitution, and everything seems
to fall in place.

Leadership is simply selflessness,
dedication, and effective response to
issues. The previous administration of
Jonathan comprised of greedy and
unconcerned individuals, whose ultimate
desire rested on self-serving, not the
populace. Jonathan’s naivety to human
intrigues, and his good-natured persona,
exposed his weakness to the pride of
lions within his political domain. The
system allowed, with impunity, direct
theft from the national treasury. The
ever- corrupt judiciary could do nothing,
but to partake in the elaborate feast for
all. The Nigerian constitution became a
book of reference for only those opposed
to the government, and/or
inconsequential in the society. The
Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission (EFCC) became ineffectual,
handicapped because the government of
the day shielded criminals from
prosecution.

In just four weeks, over 12 sordid and
viewed as corrupt leaders have intensely
been interrogated and some arraigned.
This sudden reactivation of its functions
has clearly shown that the EFCC was
forced into abeyance.

Corruption, nepotism, and regional
alliance were the theme of the last
administration. Orchestrated insecurity
created loopholes for massive
embezzlement of public funds. Still, for
selfish reasons, some Nigerians wanted
the PDP back in government.

The difference between the All
Progressive Alliance (APC) and the PDP
lies in the personality of Mohammed
Buhari, the President. Otherwise,
characteristically, members of the two
parties are uniquely the same. They are
corrupt, self-centered and have very little
regard for law and order. The fact that
the majority of those in the APC
migrated from the PDP gives credence to
the usual drama that is unfolding in the
national assembly. Only those with
shallow minds will expect an efficient,
proactive, and dignified national
assembly under the APC government.

Nothing will change in the legislative arm
of this government with the crop of
“birds of the same feather” whose large
appetite for self -aggrandisement will
never cease to expose them as
politicians of fortune.

The issue of over payment of the illusive
fuel subsidy is not detachable from the
national assembly. The legal and
legislative support, massively enjoyed by
the large, unaccredited, phantom fuel
importers that drained over N2 trillion out
of Nigeria’s treasury would have been
monitored and detected early, if the
lawmakers had acted selflessly.

For those who are in haste to know the
new ministerial nominees and other
political appointees, a strong economic
foundation must first exist to guide future
growth. There is no reason for “hurry and
wait” syndrome; our usual national
hiccup.

The challenges before this new and very
young government is inconceivable
anywhere else; even economic growth in
war-torn Libya and Iraq seem more
prospective right now than Nigeria.
Those who cannot accept the gradual
and steady planning being conceived
should keep quiet and see stability
unfold. Time for arrogant display of illicit
funds is gone; wealth must match labour
and positive effort. The road to daylight
robbery with impunity is being shut; only
those who can, with hard labour, strive to
succeed will achieve success. This is the
norm world over, and Nigeria should not
be the exception. This is no time for
fake, plastic, display of vanity.

The process of reinventing a proper
system that is sustainable, that will
outlive all administrations is tough, time
consuming, and utterly demanding. What
this country needs is that type of system,
and we have no choice but to be patient
for its rebirth.

This is the time for reality; no fiction nor
deception can substitute for the
impending hardship and national sacrifice
on everyone’s part.

Anyone challenging the President’s pace
of administration should prime his sense
of remembrance, think back, and try to
understand the true position of Nigeria’s
economy. Our nation’s treasury is in
absolute value of negative. Rushing to
alleviate this precarious situation is as
good as submerging us in a brutal
economic depression.

Nothing in Nigeria will gear up to
normalcy in the next four years. But one
thing is certain: if we steadily reactivate
our judiciary to an incorruptible standard,
and the working system is understood,
then we will have a strong political and
economic structure.

http://leadership.ng/columns/443174/buhari-is-steady-not-slow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Freciprocal: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by natas22: 8:03am On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by piicity(m): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2015
SAI BABA, Pls Nigerian are seriously waiting for you,please start doing some works and stop going to meeting oo cos we can't see any product of the meetings so far.
Moreover,over 50% of workers of Osun have want to die due to non payment of OGBENI pls help ogbeni pay small now or else we go remove am and put SENATOR IYIOLA OMISORE.ON BEHALF OF ALL THE OMOLUABIS' I SAY BUHARI TILL 2023
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by CountDracula(m): 8:05am On Jun 27, 2015
Story story ooo
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Maxymilliano(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2015
As steady as the snail ...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by maryam6(f): 8:09am On Jun 27, 2015
Very true!
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by vizkiz: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2015
sure he is not slow on like someone who will just wear black hat and be looking like a clueless mofo! angry

Abeg I no mention name oh! grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by msmon(m): 8:15am On Jun 27, 2015
I love this part so much.

The difference between the All
Progressive Alliance (APC) and the PDP
lies in the personality of Mohammed
Buhari, the President. Otherwise,
characteristically, members of the two
parties are uniquely the same. They are
corrupt, self-centered and have very little
regard for law and order. The fact that
the majority of those in the APC
migrated from the PDP gives credence to
the usual drama that is unfolding in the
national assembly. Only those with
shallow minds will expect an efficient,
proactive, and dignified national
assembly under the APC government.
Nothing will change in the legislative arm
of this government with the crop of
“birds of the same feather” whose large
appetite for self -aggrandisement will
never cease to expose them as
politicians of fortune.

I hope the the columnist's opinion doesn't represent that of leadership newspaper because I'm sure so Don will debate of the points he raised.

Cc: lalasticlala, barcanista, omenka.
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by msmon(m): 8:26am On Jun 27, 2015
maryam6:
Very true!

What's very true about it? Just tell me u stylishly book space. smiley
maryam6:
Very true!

What's very true about it? Just tell me u stylishly book space.
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Realtol(m): 8:26am On Jun 27, 2015
Rome was not built in a day. So, I believe Buhari should be given ample time to strategize, observe and bring change has he promised. We should not be hyper expectant now.... This is exactly how Yaradua started and at least his own era was graced with many achievement before he died.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by psucc(m): 8:29am On Jun 27, 2015
Undoubtedly, SLOW AND STEADY are complements. One can't go without the other. if Buhari is steady he is slow.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Saifullah01: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2015
For some one to stay the course for more than a decade patiently contesting for the presidency ( at a point I also thought GMB give it a rest) tells u something about the man
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Omotayor123(f): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2015
I trust my president jare

Baba carry go. No shaking..

Haterz pack well.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 27, 2015
slow and steady wins the race

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by sweat4wat(m): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2015
This is what Jonathan and his likes won't ever understand in their life & the next to come.change is sure

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by omenka(m): 10:29am On Jun 27, 2015
msmon:
I love this part so much.

I hope the the columnist's opinion doesn't represent that of leadership newspaper because I'm sure so Don will debate of the points he raised.

Cc: lalasticlala, barcanista, omenka.

Frankly I couldn't agree more on the point you quoted. It has been the opinion of most APC supporters on this forum- without Buhari Nigeria's democracy runs on a single party with different tentacles and a common ideology.

I could remember even a PDP governor from the north, while extolling the virtues of PMB alluded to the fact that without him there is no opposition.

There are three politicians I have utmost respect for in Nigeria: Buhari, Ken Nnamani and Fashola (then perhaps Ribadu for the singular act of rejecting Ibori's bribe. $15million is no little money in all ramifications). The rest of them politicians are "just there".
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by egift(m): 10:48am On Jun 27, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2563448_taniods_jpegc394caf5a3ae5e34213ae60083aeec29

Funny how those who spew all the Hate against Buhari during the election are now instigating discontentment. The 16yrs damages the PDP have done to Nigeria will take a while to repair - especially the 5yrs of GEJ "Stealing is not Corruption" regime as President.

Majority of Nigerians who supported Buhari knew it will not be easy and will take a while - But make no mistake, Nigeria will be better.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by midolian(m): 11:04am On Jun 27, 2015
Gbam! Mr Columnist..I have no doubt buhari will deliver on his promises. Buh only time will tell

Cc: ibnSultan, passingshot, Kunlexity, omenka, Oremussanctus(my man), Eco2580, lalasticlala, egift, Zeezarapture, stOla, LLED, XYZ123, PassingShot, mhizpeaarl(swt pie), Amansu, laidyy, achemedez, rawani, GOATandYAMtheory, Haywhymido, donphilopus, jingh, Abok1, joseph1832, Dexema, maryam6, piicity, promixdavinci, Rilwayne001, jega01,saifullah01, omotayor123, et al ..pls call on the others

Cc: Barcanista, whynotthetruth, ECOTERRORS, dearpreye, cocokiller1, chibwikwe, HZrF/HrZF, truckpusher et al. Pls call on the others to help us on this. Saraki wouldn't have been the senate president without the PDP. Thanks in advance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by funlord(m): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2015
grin

Based on the way 1 "native nightgown wearing cowboy x" called ebele used speed 2 run the country into a sewer? Its is better we try pmb's approach for once!
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by joseph1832(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2015
midolian:
Gbam! Mr Columnist..I have no doubt buhari will deliver on his promises. Buh only time will tell

"Slow and Steady wins the race". grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Success1sMine: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2015
?
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Haywhymido(m): 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
midolian:

Cc: ibnSultan, passingshot, Kunlexity, omenka, Oremussanctus(my man), Eco2580, lalasticlala, egift, Zeezarapture, stOla, LLED, XYZ123, PassingShot, mhizpeaarl(swt pie), Amansu, laidyy, achemedez, rawani, GOATandYAMtheory, Haywhymido, donphilopus, jingh, Abok1, joseph1832, Dexema, maryam6, piicity, promixdavinci, Rilwayne001, jega01,saifullah01, omotayor123, et al ..pls call on the others

Cc: Barcanista, whynotthetruth, ECOTERRORS, dearpreye, cocokiller1, chibwikwe, HZrF/HrZF, truckpusher et al. Pls call on the others to help us on this. Saraki wouldn't have been the senate president without the PDP. Thanks in advance
jst did

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by midolian(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
Haywhymido:
jst did
thanks man. I appreciate
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by mhizpeaarl(f): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
Haywhymido:
jst did
Agarawu23 jst for you my love
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by midolian(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
Agarawu23 jst for you my love
No dear, this is the link to the thread where your vote will count. https://www.nairaland.com/2408599/mr-nairaland-contest-2015-final

Don't forget to add "Cc: Nljega" ..thank you so *Mwaaah*
Re: Buhari Is Steady, Not Slow - Leadership (Columnist) by Omotayor123(f): 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
midolian:

OK

(1) (Reply)

Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu Reply His Igbo Brothers Regarding Buhari's Appointments / wd / Nigeria Might Still Break Up Under Buhari - Daily Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.