Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? (16545 Views)

Tight Clothes Can Harm You Really Badly..... / Foods That Benefits The Body, But Harm The Teeth. / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by kaynoJah(m): 4:01am On Sep 21, 2006
[b]Do you know how much harm a bottle of coca cola means to the body? I understand a bottle contains an average of 8-equivalent cubes of sugar as it also has bleaching properties. A bottle cleanses so well any dirty entrapment. How true is this? Experts in this forum should please, educate us.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by ghettochyk(f): 4:13am On Sep 21, 2006
man, i was gonna make a thread about soda in general but did you know dat (and i read dis) police officers carry alot of soda for accident scenes to clean off the blood on the road way? soda (coke) can also be used to clean pipes and can remove some rust!! almost no cleaning agent can rid rust!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll give you more info later,, but dats why i recently quit soda. i can't believe am still hanging on embarassed
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by iice(f): 4:23am On Sep 21, 2006
I have heard this too so i have cut down on my soda
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by Seun(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2006
Do you believe anything you read in a forwarded email?

Have you ever tried to use Coca-cola in place of Omo of Harpic? How well did it work?
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by tafari(m): 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2006
All the rumours about cocacola and other products are unfounded.
I know a lot about the product and its xteristics.
I can authoritatively inform you that cocacola is good for the body. Not because i am a stakeholder, but bc i know the constituents and the effect on the body.
Drink coke always! Make it Real
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by mochafella(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2006
tafari:

I can authoritatively inform you that cocacola is good for the body. Not because i am a stakeholder, but bc i know the constituents and the effect on the body.

I'm guessing you know the effects of caffeine on the human body.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by tafari(m): 8:08am On Sep 22, 2006
Yes I do! What is the concentration(ppm) of of caffine in coke?
It is too negligible to cause any ill effect.
This is a fact.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by Serpent(f): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2006
What is the concentration(ppm) of of caffine in coke?
It is too negligible to cause any ill effect.

yeah, we know it is negligible, doesn't mean it is harmless. Negligible, from 1 bottle right? wat about when you take a bottle everyday for 365 days, will it still be negligible?

1 Like

Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by iice(f): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2006
Serpent:

yeah, we know it is negligible, doesn't mean it is harmless. Negligible, from 1 bottle right? what about when you take a bottle everyday for 365 days, will it still be negligible?

Abi o, and multiplying that by how many years you have been consuming soda
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by Seun(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2006
Saying it has caffeine is not the same as saying it can be used in place of dettol (an obvious lie).

Caffeine is more concentrated in coffee and tea, and peope are not sounding such alarms over them.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by mochafella(m): 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2006
Seun:

Saying it has caffeine is not the same as saying it can be used in place of dettol (an obvious lie).

Caffeine is more concentrated in coffee and tea, and peope are not sounding such alarms over them.
I'm not comparing caffeine to dettol or any of the other mentioned cleaners. I think the bleaching claim is an urban legend. I just take issue with the fact that he said its "good for you". There is a debate in the US about soda/Coca cola vending machines being placed in schools, though its principally about the sugar content and its effect on obesity.

And yes there are alarms about coffee despite the success of Starbucks and their ilk. Unfortunately certain people can't do without their daily cup or two.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by iice(f): 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2006
Ok the Coca Cola thing about working on metals, thats true, i have done it. Just leave what you want to clean soaked in soda and it cleans it, well not perfectly but it works.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by tafari(m): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2006
@ iice, the veracity of ur claim is skeptical. for your info, soda is carbonated water ( weak acid ). just co2 impregnated in water. It has mild acidic properties. but to claim it bleaches is a fallacy. soda cleans the body system( viscera) of toxic/unwanted materials. It is meant to replenish the system. cocacola products are satified and safe for drinking.
Nothing tastes like cocacola. It is the [b]REAl thing [/b]
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by iice(f): 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2006
Abeg read what i wrote before you point at me. I said it cleans it but maybe not perfectly but atleast some of the dirt or rust or whatever will be gone. I ddnt claim it bleaches.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by tafari(m): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2006
@ iice, soda is not a cleaning agent whatsoever. just know this.
it is good for your body. I cannot but recommend cocacola product to you. Life tastes good with coke
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by iice(f): 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2006
Please i have soaked a couple of metal stuffs on it and i did this years ago. What works for me works for me. If it doesnt work for you, try something else. Life does not taste good with coke. Life taste good with laughter. You really can't work advertising skills on me tongue
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by tafari(m): 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2006
I am not advertising coke for you. cocacola has been there for long. It sells by itself. What I am trying to do is to erase hype and unfounded story about coke. In your acclaimed experiment, what u want is what you see! However that does not describe soda at all. Above all change your mentality about coke. It is just good for you!
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by iice(f): 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2006
'The is just good for you!' really doesnt work on me. Oh wow, what i wanted to see is what i saw? Wow, when it got cleaner, i attributed it to my mental powers. But carry on, on your quest to erase the hype.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by tafari(m): 10:20pm On Sep 22, 2006
Hurry now, go get a bottle of coke for your refreshment. It is the best thing that can happen to you. Spread the good news!
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by Seun(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2006
tafari, do you work for Coca-cola?
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by dominique(f): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2006
@seun,
I was about to ask the same question
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by dominique(f): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2006
@seun,
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by dominique(f): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2006
@seun,
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by tafari(m): 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2006
@ seun, I do.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by faozidion: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hmmn, good topic.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by babanne(m): 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2010
@tafari
if you a stakeholder then honestly tell us the minerals in coca cola and also the negative sides because you must know them.we know that there is nothing in this world that has an advantage without a disadvantage.Be honest, okey?
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by faozidion: 9:57am On Mar 25, 2010
@Tafari How about the rumour about coke now. How true is it?
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by MCLOVIN: 11:54am On Mar 25, 2010
Ok, about Cola drinks.
Before I continue let me state for the record that I drink 10-12 cans a week.
Depending on brand and country you can expect the following in your cola;
- Sugar
- Phosophoric acid
- Aspartame
- Saccharin
- Caffeine

SUGAR apart from the common obesity and diabetes we all blame sugar for, sugar has also been implicated in suppressing IMMUNE response. Studies showed sugar solution impaired the ability of white blood cells to ingest bacteria for up to 7 hours. Other health experts also claim drinking a can of cola provides enough sugar to suppress the immunity for 4hours.
PHOSPHORIC ACID
this upsets the normal levels of calcium in the blood , decrease of calcium often sets the stage for dental caries and osteoporosis ie brittle bones especially in kids. As this also acidifies the blood, it encourages growth microbes just as alkalinised blood prevents their survival. High phosphate has aslo been linked with damaged ateries.
ASPARTAME
Found in most 'Diet' colas, aspartame when ingested releases over 50mg of METHANOL not the ethanol found in booze. Methanol is known to cause neurological damage and blindness .experts have linked aspartame to 'Attention deficeit' in children.
SACCHARIN
Believe it or not , saccharin is a derivative of PETROLEUM. Its used because its many times sweeter than actual sugar. Unfortunately its been implicated as a carcinogen in many cancers including the pancreas.
CAFFEINE
A can of cola provides one with 45mg of caffiene which is enough to cause withdrwal symptoms after frquent daily intake. The symptoms of withdrwal are depression weakness muscle pain, tremors and PMS , to mention a few, according to johns hopkins university.
SODIUM BENZOATE
Used as a preservative, blamed as the cause of allergies like eczema, urticaria rash in soda drinkers. That notwithstanding, I still drink over 10 cans a week.

1 Like

Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by toyecoach(m): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2010
it does a lot,to your weight,health and lifestyles,
a visit to http://www.planweightlossdietsprograms.info will convince
all here to stop drinking it.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by darqly(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
Abegi. Have a coke and a smile- that was the slogan in my time. Wat's wit all this crap about leaving a tooth in a glass of coke for a period of time and the tooth will erode and eventually disappear? This is utter bull,yes it causes your teeth to decay,makes some people fat and will give you jedi-jedi but nothing in life is fair! So Tafari, keep up the good work- long live coca-cola. If u don't like it,stick to kunu and zobo.
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by ramtee(f): 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2010
coca cola and minerals have high sugar content which is not good for the body especially those who want to lose weight
Re: Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? by agathamari(f): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2010
its very bad for your teeth, always drink water after any type of soda (coke, pepsi, fanta, sprite, seltzer)

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASPMDA Hospital In Lagos Opened By Peter Obi & LASG Officials / How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? / Invisible Insects Biting Me. What To Do Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.