Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

240naija's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 240naija's Profile / 240naija's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Crime / Woman Caught While Stealing Twin Babies From A Hospital by 240naija(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
A woman has been arrested and charged for stealing a twin baby at the Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi, Kenya.
Twin babies (Photo:File)

It was revealed that Faith Karimi got arrested while attempting to exit the hospital after stealing a 10 day old baby from the Hospital on Saturday. The baby was rescued after people raised alarm leading to the arrest of the woman, News24 reports.

The mother of the baby identified as Anne Kamoto was distraught. Karimi denied the accusations before Nairobi Principal Magistrate Jane Kamau. It was gathered that Kamiti stole the baby at the hospital alongside Kamoto and pounced after the mother of two left to breastfeed the other baby who had been kept in a different ward.

On her return, Kamoto raised alarm as other people who gathered joined her leading to Karimi's arrest by hospital security who later handed her over to the police.

"We were alerted of a situation where a woman had attempted to steal a baby. She was taken into custody and arraigned in court with baby theft charges," Nairobi Police boss Japheth Koome said.

The case will be mentioned March 1, 2016.

http://www.levitoday.com/2016/02/woman-caught-while-stealing-twin-babies.html
Politics / How My Government Plans To Overcome Impact Of Oil Crisis-president Buhari Speaks by 240naija(m): 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has that his administration was fully committed to increasing the productivity of Nigeria's agriculture and solid minerals sectors to save the nation from the harsh effects of lower crude oil prices.
President Buhari addresses the Nigerian Community in Riyadh

Speaking at a meeting with leading members of the Council of Saudi Arabia’s Chambers of Commerce and Industry on Tuesday in Riyadh, President Muhammadu Buhari said that his administration was fully committed to increasing the productivity of Nigeria’s agriculture and solid minerals sectors to save the nation from the harsh effects of lower crude oil prices.

With declining revenues from crude oil exports, the president said Nigeria’s hopes of economic resurgence now lie in the rapid development of its immense agricultural and solid mineral resources.

The president while inviting Saudi Arabian businessmen to invest in both sectors, said his administration would welcome greater foreign investment in support of its efforts to rapidly diversify the Nigerian economy.

He said that Nigeria had regrettably depended too much on crude oil exports to the neglect of other resources and was now paying a harsh price for failing to diversify its economy early enough.

"With the downturn in the global prices of oil, we now have to prospect our solid minerals. We have to return to agriculture. Mining and agriculture are our hopes now. We will welcome investments in these areas. We will appreciate an in-flow of more resources and expertise to help us achieve our objective of economic diversification," the president said.

Abdulrahman Al Zamil, the Chairman of the Council of the Saudi Arabian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, said agriculture was a very important area of investment for its members, adding that they were already in Brazil, the United States of America and Sudan, 'where we have huge farms.'

Declaring that they were willing to invest in Nigeria, Al Zamil said that the Saudis were the leading investors in Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Kenya and Ethiopia.

The governors of Osun, Ogun, Katsina, Borno, and Zamfara states, who were part of the president’s delegation, took turns to address the Saudi Arabian businessmen on investment possibilities in their states, assuring them of good returns
Politics / $2bn Malabu Scam: Stop Dragging Me Into Your Mess - Atiku Fires At Adoke by 240naija(m): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2016
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has exonerated himself from the $2bn Malabu oil scam and has lambasted the immediate past Attorney General of the federation, Mohammed Adoke to go and face his troubles.
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has told the immediate past Attorney General, Mohammed Adoke to go and face his problems and stop dragging his name in the mud, Vanguard reports.

Atiku's response is coming bared 24hours after Adoke wrote a comprehensive letter to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, exonerating himself of any infraction in the controversial Malabu Oil scam.

In the letter to Osinbajo on Monday, Adoke had alleged that the aggrieved individuals including Atiku, who is posing as Lawal Abba were behind the smear campaign against him for not extending the proceeds of the deal to them.

Adoke said: “I was also informed that these individuals had enlisted a notorious online media to smear my name with allegations of corruption and bribery and that some agents of the Abacha family and one Lawal Abba acting for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, a former Vice President were behind the scheme.
“They claim that they were shareholders in Malabu Oil and Gas Limited and had been short-changed by the main shareholder of the company, and that I had refused to use my official position as Attorney General of the Federation to help them get their dues from the main shareholder.
“It is apparent from these publications that the intention is not necessarily the clarifications sought by the EFCC but a carefully orchestrated plan for my assured unjustified persecution, humiliation and disgrace by a known group with interest in the Malabu matter that are aggrieved over my official role in the resolution of the case

http://www.levitoday.com/2016/02/2bn-malabu-scam-stop-dragging-me-into.html
Jokes Etc / Up Naija! See The 5 Snacks You Can Only Find In Nigeria by 240naija(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nigeria is home to diverse tribes and languages and it is no surprise that there are several unique varieties of delicacies that serve as snacks within.

Nigerian colors

Nigeria is a haven for anyone seeking to explore gastronomic delights. Each community within the nation offers its own unique delicacies which you will find nowhere else – not even in restaurants! These food and snacks are different from the rest of the world not only in taste but also in cooking methods as they reflect a perfect blend of cultures and histories.

Just as the culture, snacks in Nigeria has had its fair share of western influences. However, there are some that remain originally unique to the country. Jovago.com brings you an assortment of 5 snacks that are not ‘only’ be savoured, but are set to make your mouth water.

1. Kuli kuli

A favourite Nigerian snack originated from the Hausa people of Northern regions of the country, Kuli-Kuli is primarily made from peanuts. The process of making this snack is such that peanuts are roasted and then ground into a paste called Labu, then mixed with spices, salt, and sometimes ground pepper. The paste is further stripped of excess oil, made into the desired shape then fried until it solidifies. While the snack is often eaten alone, it can be paired with a mixture of garri (cassava), sugar and water. It is often also ground and used as an ingredient for Suya and Kilishi.

2. Kokoro

A common crunchy snack consumed in the western parts of Nigeria, Kokoro is a found only in Nigeria. The snack is made from a paste of maize flour mixed with sugar and gari (cassava) or yam flour which is deep-fried in either groundnut or palm oil. Two kinds of the kokoro are sold in the local markets :the Crunchy plain type and the Crunchy Spicy type. The difference is noted in in shape and taste.

3. Kilishi

Kilishi ,also known as the Nigerian beef jerky, is one of the most loved meat delicacies derived either from beef, mutton or chevon, and it is common among Hausa people in Northern Nigeria.

Kilishi is prepared by slicing lean meat into thin sheets which are sun dried on a raised wooden table covered in rush matting for about four hours. The dried sheets of meat are then immersed in “Labu”, a slurry of groundnut and seasonings including sugar, salt and paper. After being immersed in the Labu, the meat is returned to the rush matting to dry in the sun for a five to twelve hours. The final product is finally roasted briefly over fire, and can be kept for months without much change to its taste.

4. Nigerian Chin Chin

A crunchy deep-fried snack that originated from Nigeria and very popular around the country, Chin Chin is an ideal snack for periods you feel puckish or just light refreshment. The snack is very easy to make as it does not require baking or grilling. It is made from basic combination of flour, milk and sugar with optional ingredients like egg, baking powder and nutmeg. It can be made hard or crunchy and can last for weeks if stored in an airtight container.

5. Kpekere

Kpekere is the pidgin lingo for fried unripe plantain, a Nigerian snack found in almost every part of the country, mostly sold by street vendors and hawkers. It is also known as Igbekere by the Yoruba tribe of Western Nigerian. Kpekere is the simplest plantain recipe to try and it can be made in varieties : crunchy, salty, spicy or sweet.

To prepare this snack, all you need to do is peel unripe plantain and slice as thin as possible; then Sprinkle some salt and pepper and mix together; heat a pan of vegetable oil, adding onions for flavor, then fry the slices for about 2-3 minutes.

http://www.levitoday.com/2016/02/up-naija-see-5-snacks-you-can-only-find.html
Romance / Hunger For S*x Dried Up In Your Home? Read How To Keep Your Man Active In The Be by 240naija(m): 11:51am On Feb 23, 2016
As the current credit crunch has made things worse coupled with the crippling economy and massive sacking looming, it's been reported that s*x has dried up in matrimonial homes as couples have now reportedly lost the hunger for bedroom games.

You’ve served up a delicious meal crawling with every piece of his favourite meat, plunk a bottle of wine or his favourite tipple on the dining table, before cuddling up to him on the sofa as he switched on the TV.

Today is bound to be the night you get a bit of rumpy-bumpy, right? Most women would quite rightly expect a passionate end to such a satisfying evening. But these days, it seems, we’re likely to get a lot less than we hoped for.

Perhaps a peck on the cheek. Or simply a hug. ‘Not tonight, love', says this man you’ve virtually broken your culinary skill trying to please. Before you know it, he’s hot -footed it into the bedroom, already dozing off!

You lie there next to him, frustrated as you listen to his snores instead of the music of the bed springs and the banging of the headboard. Where has all the action gone? This shocking role reversal is becoming common with men these days, and experts believe it might get worse!

According to Pauline, a relationship counsellor, “such complaints were unheard of ten years ago. But today, almost half the men I counsel claim that sex leaves them cold. Men used to come to us at the clinic I work with, with impotence problems, but we now have a lot of men who say, as women did in the sixties, ‘I can have sex, but 1 don’t want to, it’s not rewarding.”

“These men tend to be in their 30s, 40s and even 50s and married. They haven’t simply gone off their partners, but off sex altogether. This is because a lot of men claim they’ve lost their sex drive. When you ask them what’s going on in their lives, they may list six or seven really big, stressful events.

This kind of pressure will override desire every time. Unfortunately, men rarely talk about their relationships, let alone their problems. This could be due to a lack of balance in the lives of our men.

“For instance, we have the longest working hours compared with a lot of countries, which makes for a stressful life. Stress can build up – eventually people find it impossible to switch off and relax. If a man is still worrying about work when he should be getting in the mood, sex simply isn’t going to happen.

On top of which the current credit crunch has made things worse and men need to talk more with their partners so they’re aware of how they feel. But Beatrice, a middle-aged caterer who runs a very successful afternoon ‘bukateria’ doesn’t agree.

“Most men are too tired to have sex when they get home because they’ve had their fill at work. If walls could talk, my restaurant would have volumes to tell. Is it the ‘regular’ girls who bring in different drooling men who would obviously have ‘deserts’ after the money they’d shelled out for lunch? Or the drunken punters who bring in girls uglier than their wives and brag of their ability to still pull in spite of their age?

“A few weeks ago, a regular brought in a smashing looking girl almost half his age and treated her to very expensive lunch. He was back again in the evening for his ‘one-for-the-road’. When I jokingly asked after his afternoon date, he said he’d rounded off lunch in his office where he had a very comfortable couch – more discreet than being caught sneaking out of a ‘slaughter house’!

If a man like that get home, even if the wife employed the services of the best chef, all he could do would be to eat – the wife should forget any action. And believe me, there are loads of them like that. If they don’t have couches in the office, they resort to motels. They tell you the wives are already in the net – they’re not going anywhere.

It’s their wayward catches they lust after to get value for money spent!’ I didn’t have any thoughts on her sarcasm but she might have her point. Anyway, in case you’re anxious on what to do to keep your man active in the bedroom, the expert advises you should start by creating time.

“Your partner needs to schedule in some relaxation time for himself and for you as a couple. So get out your diaries and make some dates. It sounds clinical, but it may be just what’s required. Once you’ve put these dates in your diary, stick to them no matter what.

“Take the focus off sex. Instead spend time on your sensual relationship. Start touching each other again but necessarily working up to a sexual experience. Rather than just a glancing kiss on the way out in the morning, hold each other for a while. Linger, don’t simply pass by.

Also remember to say: ‘You’re special’. You need to remind each other that there’s more to your relationship than paying the bills. “Don’t forget to communicate during the day. A friendly text every now and then will start to reconnect you as a couple.

Whilst you’re at it, have some fun. There’s nothing sexier than laughing together and having fun. Go to bed half an hour earlier, have a cuddle and unwind in each other’s arms, talking about the day or talking dirty. Whichever turns you on!

http://www.levitoday.com/2016/02/hunger-for-sx-dried-up-in-your-home.html
Business / Ifeanyi Ubah: 'I Can Bring The US-Dollar To N200 In One Month' by 240naija(m): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2016
As the nation's currency exchanges at N400 to the US dollar on Sunday, Billionaire business mogul has said that if the Buhari-led federal government consults him, he could restore the nation's currency to an exchange rate of N200 to one US Dollar within one month.

Speak­ing on a Channels Television poli­tics programme on Sunday, billionaire businessman and the Chairman of Capital Oil and Gas Services Ltd., Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, has advised the Federal Government to consult some Nigerians who can halt the free fall of the Naira which is affecting the na­tion’s economy.The Nai­ra currently exchanges at N400 to the US dollar.

The Publisher of The Authority newspapers, said that if the President Buhari-le federal gov­ernment consults him, he could re­store the nation’s currency to an ex­change rate of N200 to one US Dollar within one month, thereby arresting the slide in the Naira which is virtu­ally crippling the economy.

The Chairman of Ifeanyi Ubah Football Club, however did not say how he was going to bring the Naira down to an exchange rate of 200 per dol­lar, but said the government could seize everything he owns if he failed to do this within one month, if given the mandate.

Chief Ubah also affirmed that he was not involved in any way what­soever in the $2.3 billion Dasuki­gate arms deal that involved the for­mer National Security Adviser, Col Sambo Dasuki, adding that he was not in­volved in the politics of contracts and has never done any government con­tracts, whether at the Federal, state or local government levels.

"I am highly misunderstood, sometimes controversial. But I have never done any government contracts. I did not collect any money from Gov­ernment; I do not have an oil block – and I have not asked for one.

"I did not know Dasuki. TAN nev­er received money from Dasuki or the People’s Democratic Party. We did what we did in the interest of the na­tion and for posterity.

"I’m a politician with a mind-set of making life worth living for the people, when issues seem to be getting out of hand. So TAN has no hand in whatever that has to do with the arms deal fund."

He said following the controver­sies trailing the #Dasukigate, it has be­come necessary for him to extricate himself from allegations that himself and the non-governmental organisa­tion, Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN), were in anyway in­volved in the sharing of the arms deal money.

http://www.levitoday.com/2016/02/i-can-bring-us-dollar-to-n200-in-one.html

16 Likes 2 Shares

Romance / Gay Couples Wedding Photos by 240naija(m): 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2015

Nairaland / General / I Bet You Did Not Know This Interesting Facts by 240naija(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2015

Celebrities / Hot!! Five Things That Makes Her Extremely Hot by 240naija(m): 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
1. Your Sweat is The Trick: According to research from the University of California, Berkeley, it’s your natural musk she’s after. Scientists found that a pheromone in male underarm sweat causes a spike in women’s levels of cortisol, a hormone associated with arousal and brain activation. The result? Your pit stains can improve women’s moods and increase sexual arousal. Hallelujah! 2. Give Her a Tease dance: A recent study in Biology Letters found that women consider large, varied, and fast movements like head-nodding and torso-twisting most arousing on the dance floor, because they signal strength, suppleness, and vitality. The study suggests women prefer “vigorous and skilled” males—and dancing ability perhaps signals physical condition. (Hey, we’ll take the researchers’ word for it! 3. Dress Well in Red: Seeing red? In a University of Rochester study, women found men who were either wearing red or surrounded by the color....
http://gist4real.com/hot-five-things-that-makes-her-extremely-Hot/
Car Talk / See What A Nigerian Made Car Looks by 240naija(m): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2015

Politics / Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by 240naija(m): 12:04am On Sep 24, 2015

Webmasters / I Need Moderators For My New Forum by 240naija(m): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
whatsapp me via 07018484163

for biz
Romance / Girls Only by 240naija(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
07018484163 (whatsapp) add up looking for a live patner
Webmasters / Web Developer Needed by 240naija(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2015
any web developer interested in this job should please contact 07018484163 (whatsapp only) for business discussion
Romance / How To Look Good Without Makeup by 240naija(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
1.Wash your face twice daily. Skincare is a key
factor in looking good without makeup. Spend
what time and money you would spend applying
and purchasing makeup on skin care. First and
foremost, find a good facial wash that's suited
to your skin type and use it twice a day—once in
the morning and once at night.
2. Wear moisturizer daily. Every time you wash
your face, you should follow it up with an
application of facial moisturizer. Pick a quality
daily moisturizer (preferably one with SPF in it
and apply it every day after washing. Opt for a
slightly richer moisturizer to wear at night.
3. Exfoliate once a week. Exfoliation removes
dead skin cells from the surface of the skin,
leaving your face looking fresh and radiant. It
can really help to give a healthy glow to your
skin, which is a bonus when you're aiming to go
makeup free. Find a skin wash with special
exfoliating particles which you can use at least
once a week, but as often as every 2 to 3 days,
for best results.

Read more@
http://www.levitoday..nl/2015/08/how-to-look-good-without-makeup.html?m=1
Webmasters / How To Be A Professional Web Designer by 240naija(m): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
1.Learn from other great web designers and
programmers. Take a look at other well-
designed websites, and note how a menu or
content area is laid out and then use that
knowledge in your designs.
2.Get the right tools. Start by getting a good
vector graphics editor such as Adobe Illustrator .
Making images using vector graphics is the
easiest way to grasp graphics design, so
spending some money on something like
Illustrator or Fireworks will be a great help.
Inkscape is a nice free and open-source
alternative for beginners.
3.Learn the skills you'll need. These skills
include:
HTML
CSS
JavaScript
jQuery
PHP
SQL
Of course there are many tutorials on the Web
where you can learn these languages. But we
want to know about the best place for learning.
The most famous place (if you search on
Google) is W3Schools. The six languages listed
above are enough for a start. However there is
no end of learning, especially in a Web
Developer's life. The main purposes of these
languages are:
HTML: For the main content of the webpage,
CSS: For the page style,
JavaScript: For dynamic content,
jQuery: For easy JavaScript scripting,
PHP: For server side scripting,
SQL: For database management. Please find and
study these tutorials on W3Schools. Also you
should study other stuff in W3schools as well,
because they are extremely helpful.

http://www.levitoday..co.ke/2015/08/how-to-become-professional-web-designer.html?m=1

2 Likes

Romance / How To Get A Girl You Love by 240naija(m): 8:07am On Aug 04, 2015
Look neat . Keep yourself well groomed and in shape. If you want to get a woman to like you, basic cleanliness and appearance are extremely important. Girls notice things like bad breath, flab, body odor and greasy hair before they notice that winning personality. Give them a chance to see your good qualities by making a good first impression with your appearance

http://www.levitoday..co.ke/2015/08/how-to-get-girl-you-love.html?m=1
Webmasters / How To Download Videos From Youtube by 240naija(m): 8:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
Romance / #boobsonfleek Cossy's Boobs Looking Hot In New Photos by 240naija(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
Politics / Ooni Of Ife Is Alive - Royal Council by 240naija(m): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2015
RTC, which is a combination of traditional chiefs
and title holders’ said the report that the
monarch died in a hospital in the United Kingdom
was untrue.
Ijaodola said: “I hereby dispel the rumour that
our Baba, the Olubuse is dead. As I speak with
you, the chiefs have not heard anything like that.
This is not the first time such rumour will be
carried about our father.
‘’ They did it in 1982, also in 2004 and now,
these people are coming up with another
rumour.Ooni remains in sound state of health.”
Vanguard saw residents of the ancient town to
the palace yesterday to ascertain if the news
about the death of the monarch was true.
According to the royal council it was rumoured
yesterday that Oba sijuade is dead but our Oba
is alive and in sound health..

http://www.levitoday..nl/2015/07/ooni-of-ife-is-alive-royal-council.html
Romance / I Don't Expose My Boobs Deliberately, They Are Just Very Big - Actress (photos) by 240naija(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
“Yes, that was at Oxford Street in London. I was
at Oxford street to do some shopping so this
young man walked up to me and said my face
looked familiar. Later, he said he could recall
that I am an actress. I smiled and he requested
to take a picture with me. I agreed. The next
moment, I realized he was trying to touch my
boobs. I slapped him immediately. I later realized
slapping him isn’t a good thing. I apologized and
kissed him. He smiled and now we are good
friends”
She said during a conversation with vanguard

http://www.levitoday..com/2015/07/i-don-expose-my-boobs-deliberately-they.html?m=1
Celebrities / Michael Jackson's Father Spotted With New Girlfriend by 240naija(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
Joe Jackson is assumed to be 108 years old
since he no long stay with his wife ..

www.levitoday..com/2015/07/michael-jackson-father-spotted-with-new.html?m=1
Culture / Re: Obateru Akinrunta:The Richest King In Nigeria.. The Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom, Hrm by 240naija(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
Celebrities / Meet The Man With The Biggest Mouth In The World by 240naija(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
He has already broken 48 records by holding 92
pencils, 79 grapes, 12 lit candles, five golf balls
in
his mouth. And he is not going to stop, this time
he put 1,001 straws into his mouth and hold
them for a minute. Mr Upadhyaya, who is
nicknamed Maximouth said:

more photos@

http://www.levitoday..com/2015/07/meet-man-with-biggest-mouth-in-world.html?m=1
Investment / Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by 240naija(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.