Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (64292 Views)

Notore Graduate Engineering Trainee Aptitude Test / Flour Mills Plc Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test / HARPS Online Aptitude Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by ohnaigee(m): 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Uncle Caucasian can blow grammer ooo shocked grin shocked #Nwayo

Well, I have a feeling that these HARPS are well aware of the disadvantages of unsupervised online Test.

They know what they are doing. I just hope that those with bloated scores will be accompanied with their machinery to face the music during the Live screening. cry cry tongue cry cry

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by ohnaigee(m): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
dest4real:

Dear Uncle,

Writing 100 words easy is not an interview sir!

i disagree...Essays like that are essentially (Pre)interviews employed to know the candidate better and ascertain his or her fit to the coy.

When you are asked about ur strengths in an application essay/ cover letter like that,it might be your only opportunity to sell ur skills and experiences that make you the best fit for a particular department or unit sourcing for candidates in the coy.

Nobody was asking you to relate ur whole life history and imperfections as a job seeking graduate...Soo, in case you did, or cannot remember exactly how you "sold" yourself via the essay,...

tongue tongue tongue

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by kantabz(m): 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=ohnaigee post=35263394]

i disagree...Essays like that are essentially (Pre)interviews employed to know the candidate better and ascertain his or her fit to the coy.

When you are asked about ur strengths in an application essay/ cover letter like that,it might be your only opportunity to sell ur skills and experiences that make you the best fit for a particular department or unit sourcing for candidates in the coy.

Nobody was asking you to relate ur whole life history and imperfections as a job seeking graduate...Soo, in case you did, or cannot remember exactly how you "sold" yourself via the essay,...

Ehhhh

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by kaysunnex: 7:24am On Jun 29, 2015
Happy new week guys..... i had to run away from this thread over the weekend to cool my tension and i have been able to do that. Anything that comes this week, i am ready for it. I cant kill myself o jae. #Peace

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by jony247(m): 8:10am On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=EngrBogon post=35263649][/quote]

Harps have been fair all this while... Cost and risk wise...Travelling for an aptitude Test isn't a good idea except if you take all aptitude Test pas an excursion... There must always be complaints

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by chucktriceey(m): 8:13am On Jun 29, 2015
Any one who criticises HARPS over this mode of screening is actually an enemy of innovation and advancement . NOW , this screening process affords you the luxury of time , space , comfort and other enabling factors to make it for the actual process . EVERY ONE is given an equal chance without prejudice or partiality. Not only does it save cost of movement and risk , it also makes it easier for the company to make their selection process very easier and faster , Do you know the number of people that have enrolled for this program, Initially the company started right he 100 words essay , then the first exercise and with this and one more that may come , the company is sure to have gotten their desired number which is heard is only about 60...Mind you , the company is not looking for the most intelligent folks of course they made it a criteria that you must possess a 2.1 which already assures them that you have a reasonable learning capability, hence can key into the Training easily. ..It is a Training and anyone can flourish tremendously , so don't refer it as the test as being unfair and giving the less qualified candidates the a deal of disadvantage because at the end of the training , a third class holder ( if any ) can emerge as the best trainee.......give HARPS a round of applause for this innovative idea which has been their modus operandi. MIND YOU DBSS (FAST PATH ) IS a UK based IT company so your uncle or aunt can't influence the selection process and you better not give any one money to aid your selection. ..Na one chance ooo

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 29, 2015
chucktriceey:
Any one who criticises HARPS over this mode of screening is actually an enemy of innovation and advancement . NOW , this screening process affords you the luxury of time , space , comfort and other enabling factors to make it for the actual process . EVERY ONE is given an equal chance without prejudice or partiality. Not only does it save cost of movement and risk , it also makes it easier for the company to make their selection process very easier and faster , Do you know the number of people that have enrolled for this program, Initially the company started right he 100 words essay , then the first exercise and with this and one more that may come , the company is sure to have gotten their desired number which is heard is only about 60...Mind you , the company is not looking for the most intelligent folks of course they made it a criteria that you must possess a 2.1 which already assures them that you have a reasonable learning capability, hence can key into the Training easily. ..It is a Training and anyone can flourish tremendously , so don't refer it as the test as being unfair and giving the less qualified candidates the a deal of disadvantage because at the end of the training , a third class holder ( if any ) can emerge as the best trainee.......give HARPS a round of applause for this innovative idea which has been their modus operandi. MIND YOU DBSS (FAST PATH ) IS a UK based IT company so your uncle or aunt can't influence the selection process and you better not give any one money to aid your selection. ..Na one chance ooo

You are saying all these because the process favoured you undecided ,don't get so excited you'll be called by HARPS to defend your high scores soon.
Supervised Aptitude Test remains the best way to assess graduates, not some online test that displays answers on submission.

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by jayrager(m): 8:45am On Jun 29, 2015
elnino2015:

You are saying all these because the process favoured you undecided ,don't get so excited you'll be called by HARPS to defend your high scores soon.
Supervised Aptitude Test remains the best way to assess graduates, not some online test that displays answers on submission.

I disagree with you.. Many multinationals adopt this style of assessment (disregarding the display of answers on submission). No one should be quick to discredit the integrity of this recruitment till the very end of the process. Many companies who adopt this online style of testing still conduct another phase of cognitive testing for the selected few under their supervision. You should be able to backup your cognitive skills at any point in time.

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by faith2ogesco(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2015
elnino2015:

FOT for life grin

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by strictlynaija: 10:16am On Jun 29, 2015
I trust God

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2015
why is this thread quiet? I miss the old thread cry
Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by POPSDADMA(m): 10:48am On Jun 29, 2015
I guess many pple are keeping quiet cos of their low scores. As a matter of fact, no 1 can predict wat d pass mark is gonna b. So let's just keep d hope alive. High score is nt d guaranty that u'll b selected 4 d nxt stage and low score doesn't make u a failure also. Let's just catch all d fun here. B4 u castigate me, I also scored low. embarassed

Signing out wit my jedijedi

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by mcshegs(m): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2015
Make I look for trouble
Pinkylilly:
why is this thread quite quiet? I miss the old thread cry

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by kaysunnex: 11:03am On Jun 29, 2015
If I talk, people go call david470 abi davido to bring broom come sweep post again. Make I no talk jor.

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2015
mcshegs:
Make I look for troeble trouble
what are you correcting? angry
Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by mcshegs(m): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2015
Huh?
Pinkylilly:
what are you corecting correcting ? angry

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by kantabz(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
Let God decide!!!
Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by Caucasian: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Huummmmmmm??... what is all these i am hearing? That a multinational magnate like HARPS could conduct an aptitude test online which enabled applicants to write it from home? shocked shocked.. Well, i must commend them for initiating the practice in view of its advantageous mutual cost savings and comfortable/easy participation but could it be that their HR team never thought of the evils of :

(1)some applicants hiring someone else to do it for them?,

(2) Some applicants inviting others to do group work?,

(3) network problems that could even totally prevent a supposed qualified/best applicant from even partaking in the test?,

(4) Geographical location limitations like the cases of the corpers who are presently in their PPA in a typical rural setting without good cafe or browsing network,

(5) Technical manipulation of the system/test-link by some applicants just to cut corners for a high score, and

(6) Little technical issues on the test pages that will deter either of the test sections from loading at all?

They should know that disadvantages as these are alarmingly overwhelming than the few strengths of the exercise. Counterpart companies who invite all their shortlisted applicants to a test center for a simultaneous take of the test truly understand what a fair recruitment process should look like while equally avoiding the aforementioned dangers of one so called "home online test". Too bad. It would be quite understandable and acceptable if HARPS HR were a third party recruiter/agency in this case.

My conclusions, if you aced through the processes with this structure in place and eventually selected into Harps, I sincerely congratulate you and wish you well in your career ladder therein. But if the reverse happens to be your case, I am overly confident to tell you not to feel bad at all. You should only be challenged and worried when a recruitment process is fair and you failed. Better opportunities ahead with JUST Criteria. To me, this is not an equal opportunity employment setting as the playgrounds are pellucidly ill-leveled.

I only posted this as an appeal to the emotions of those it may concern and also as an egalitarian with an HR inclination.

Kind wishes,
Appreciate you all here.
Bye.
Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by Lucky31(f): 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
So what will u say about other multinationals like Shell, British American Tobacco, PwC that do online testing. The world is changing bro. I think we should commend HARPS for this, they've saved us t - fare, least we could do is give them some credit! Yes there are disadvantages, hopefully the other stages will sieve out the those that scaled through the test by crook. Even the best of the best might not get recruited, at the end of the day. Life still goes on....

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by aegis86: 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
GET READY FOR A BRIEF CHAT!...The battle line has been drawn already!
Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by Lucky31(f): 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
^^^^
lol na fight?

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by aegis86: 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by kaysunnex: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
aegis86:

How do you mean? Have you been contacted?
Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
aegis86:
pls don't leave us in the dark, tell what's up. Tell us what you know
Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by aegis86: 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
Pinkylilly:
pls don't leave us in the dark, tell what's up. Tell us what you know
I really don't wanna create unnecessary anxiety here but i was told by a reliable source that successful candidates will be contacted this week,the whole process of selection has started today monday 29th which is the compilation of names of successful candidates,he was trying not to reveal much but said that candidates will be selected based on general performance,the cut off cannot be verified right now according to him but said we all should just be hopeful.The program might begin in july according to him,depending on how fast things go...Thats all i can reveal for now.

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by aegis86: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
Just be hopeful guys,its not over yet i can assure you that,no matter how low your score might be,there are others who have even lower scores.So many criteria will be used,so you just might be favoured,i can tell you authoritatively that overall performance is the major criterion,so just hang in there,its not over.God bess!

Re: HARPS Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 by BottlePop: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
It is well o....
This one that everybody is claiming to have a reliable source.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Real Estate Consultants Needed At Real Business Network. / LA BUENA VIDA: Have You Heard About It?? / Graduate/management/executive Trainee/entry Level Vacancies Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67