Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,885 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up (4458 Views)

“My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. / "My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2015
This must really be a difficult one for you.. Sorry love....
Maybe you have to involve a third party (Family) since he is so adamant that he must be lazy..
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by arabianights: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Good.

Like I stated earlier, it's none of your business. Drop your "advice" to @op and stop trying to fish for info that doesn't concern you.

Thanks.

men, you get issue ooooooooo!!!!!!!!! na so you dey beat dead horse, abeg its okay, have a nice weekend and use it on important things not trivial issues that dont add value to your life.

1 Like

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by EfemenaXY: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2015
arabianights:

men, you get issue ooooooooo!!!!!!!!! na so you dey beat dead horse, abeg its okay, have a nice weekend and use it on important things not trivial issues that dont add value to your life.

Thanks.

Now move on.

2 Likes

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

And what is my "situation"?

Go on. Tell me.
You aren't gaining anything from him, instead you are losing your money and your head. Your situation is like an organism that has an ectoparasite parasiting on it but feels the parasite contributes to it's beauty. Your children are your future; invest heavily in them (both morally and financially).
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by EfemenaXY: 9:28am On Jun 28, 2015
mohammedabiodun:
You aren't gaining anything from him, instead you are losing your money and your head. Your situation is like an organism that has an ectoparasite parasiting on it but feels the parasite contributes to it's beauty. Your children are your future; invest heavily in them (both morally and financially).

Oh, you mean her.

Okay, I get you.

4 Likes

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Oh, you mean her.

Okay, I get you.
Yes, the lady

2 Likes

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by AWONEYAN(m): 9:36am On Jun 28, 2015
Hello friends,
Please don't insult me as I'm in a really difficult time of my life. If I knew this would be my story I wouldn't have gotten married at all. I'm married with 2 kids. My husband has been out of work for most of our 5 and a half years of marriage. I don't think he has worked for 1 year in total. I have single handedly done all the works in the home financially and physically. I practically work 2 jobs to take care of the home. I don't get enough assistance from this man. I feel he is very lazy for example When the kids wardrobe fall apart he would rather call a carpenter and make me pay- but because of the financial load on me. I fix most things in the house myself. I do manly things because I want to save money for other things- I pay all the bills, school fees, home helpers etc.
I don't get enough rest because I care totally for the home. I lost sleep planning, how to manage my money. I have no savings.
I'm crying now- I really don't know what to do. Only God can help me out of this now. Looking at myself on the mirror I see serious stress on my face.
He is lazy, he leaves everything for me to do, he always procrastinate. He doesn't take care of us.
Just yesterday I bought a chair and I asked him to help carry but he didn't, he ask if someone else couldn't carry the chair. So I carried the chair while he watched me - that's what he does always. Which I know the kids have noticed. They say mommy buys and does everything.

The worse is he expects me ,with all this to come home to cook for him. He sleeps and lay on the bed till I come back from work , (8am - 5 pm) ( i live 2-3 hours away from my office when there is no traffic) which after that I start my second job.
I'm fed up. I'm tired. I have help this man I paid over half the fee for his masters - which I encourage to do so he can get job after 2 years staying home. But I was disappointed that my N800k was used not considering he has a family but messing around with female class mate like a single guy.
He disturbs me for sex- but I can't see myself making love to someone who is comfortable living on me completely. He made a statement that he would meet other girls when he is back on his feet and flaunt them to my face.
I have lost respect and love for him. I'm overwhelmed, lost, finished and confused. I feel used. I still fasting- hopefully God will hear me out soon.
My life has been perfect except for my marriage.

Did u say he still mess around with a woman using ur hard erned cash? And all in his mind is on out to get more girls when his finances is ok. ....
Am a xtian who belive in sanctity of marriage as "for better for worse" but in dis case you are not married to a resoponsible man...his quest to make money and use it to spite you might drive him to use you for money rituals one day....
Please involve. A 3rd party. Your pastor (or d one who joins you). And his parent or a reasonable person in his family. Then some 1 from you family. Then make this points clear.
1. Tell them hou much you have spent for him to be financialy depenedent
2. Ttell them of his laziness tendency and his habit of lying in couch from mornig till nite

3. Tell them of his spiteful vegeance of looking for other woman.
Lastly tell then you are not continuing. Its either he take up the duty oh house help. And you dismis your house help and you will foot all bills or lethim go n get a job

2 Likes

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by Raymie(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2015
Rent another apartment,
Schedule his appointments,
Organize movers.
At a time when he's out, clear out the house or take all yhur money's worth in the union. Go with yhur kids.
Start divorce proceedings from yhur new base.

It is not by force to get married, or in OP's case, STAY married. He's worse than an infidel according to 1 Tim. 5:8 for the 'sanctimonious' ones, grounds for divorce IMO.

8 Likes

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by Jetjacky(m): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2015
Because you're not in her shoes, other avenues should be explored. [color=#000000][/color]
Roland17:
Watching a lazy father roam the house while the mother is productively and actively responsible for the upkeep and survival of the family is definitely not a good sight for the kids.

As humans, when we are stressed, emotionally and physically its only normal that we loose sleep and when good sleep is missing in the equation of daily living, we gradually develop health problems like HBP and other stress related complications, so think about it, i doubt he would cater for the children if anything happens to you.

Your potentials are really huge and i hope this challenge does not limit your focus to maximize your potentials. personally, i would not advise you seek a divorce as there are many avenues yet to be explored to resolve this issue.

If you have spoken to him about these teething issues and he has remained indifferent, i would say speak to his family or someone who he respects and listens to, do not throw him under the bus in your quest to prove he is wrong, dealing with a stubborn and lazy person is no walk in the park but it requires patience and maturity.

Take some time to build and stabilize your finances, sounds like you make some money but because you shoulder tons of responsibilities its almost impossible to save, i would advise you focus on shouldering what is very important to you and the kids and start funding an emergency account.

My prayers are with you, i pray God gives you the courage to remain strong in the face of adversity and the wisdom to make good decisions.
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by keepingmum: 11:41am On Jun 28, 2015
Hi poster. I have and still am in similar shoes wt u. Been married almost 11 years n the bread winner of the homem did I mention I am under 30? See my 1st topic on this forum ....

I know exactly how u feel and trust me only u can decide what's best for u.
God ll direct u aright ijn
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by flyca: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
See, when you exit a door, it is better to move out quitletly. Nobody knows tomorrow. I believe the man has some good parts that you didn't mention (the reason you married him in the first place). Who knows, he might be in middle-age crisis or having some challenges he's been struggling with over these years. Who knows?

Ma, my advice is move out. Don't think divorce yet. If you can, pls leave him 6 months to the expiration of your rent, so he can have enough time to prepare for his next tenancy renewal. Move to another apartment with your children. Preferably, he shouldn't know your new address. If in future, the scales fall off his eyes, he can trace you. If he doesn't, you are better of without him.

Take care of yourself and your beautiful kids.
Hugs!

2 Likes

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by Roland17(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
Because you're not in her shoes, other avenues should be explored. [color=#000000][/color]

Agreed I am not in her shoes and cannot empathize with her situation but I and the others have been through challenges that tests our resolve to remain sane, making irrational decision based off surface issues could end up detrimental to her and her children, it's called marriage and bare in mind she accepted some responsibilities for this problems considering she knew he had some of this audacious and irresponsible traits but she delved into the marriage with hopes some it could be sorted out, I hope this statement is not construed to mean beating a dead horse.

I am in no way supporting the lazy man who has thrown the male breed to the gutters of shame and mediocrity but being pragmatic is the best solution here, the lady barely has any savings to support herself, she has to set that aspect straight most importantly.

Marriage is not boyfriend, girlfriend where you decide to walk out whenever the tide swings against you, no one and I mean no party has the right to threaten the survival of any marriage, you don't want to leave a marriage and look back and wish there were things you could done or avenues you could have explored. Many come here to suggest divorce like it's supposed to be very easy especially when you are emotionally attached to your partner, divorce demands a lot of patience, courage and maturity and meant to be the last and only resort left not the first option..

Explore more avenues, you alone know the things and the actions he took that made you marry him despite his shortcomings which you already alluded to, start funding an emergency account and at most if he is still indifferent about the whole situation move out of the house, ensure he knows you are going with his children and where you are going, maybe to your family's or his whichever is comfortable for you to save cost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by Jetjacky(m): 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
I like smiley
Roland17:

Agreed I am not in her shoes and cannot empathize with her situation but I and the others have been through challenges that tests our resolve to remain sane, making irrational decision based off surface issues could end up detrimental to her and her children, it's called marriage and bare in mind she accepted some responsibilities for this problems considering she knew he had some of this audacious and irresponsible traits but she delved into the marriage with hopes some it could be sorted out, I hope this statement is not construed to mean beating a dead horse.

I am in no way supporting the lazy man who has thrown the male breed to the gutters of shame and mediocrity but being pragmatic is the best solution here, the lady barely has any savings to support herself, she has to set that aspect straight most importantly.

Marriage is not boyfriend, girlfriend where you decide to walk out whenever the tide swings against you, no one and I mean no party has the right to threaten the survival of any marriage, you don't want to leave a marriage and look back and wish there were things you could done or avenues you could have explored. Many come here to suggest divorce like it's supposed to be very easy especially when you are emotionally attached to your partner, divorce demands a lot of patience, courage and maturity and meant to be the last and only resort left not the first option..

Explore more avenues, you alone know the things and the actions he took that made you marry him despite his shortcomings which you already alluded to, start funding an emergency account and at most if he is still indifferent about the whole situation move out of the house, ensure he knows you are going with his children and where you are going, maybe to your family's or his whichever is comfortable for you to save cost.

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by egbaguy: 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
I pity the OP.......'Boys' like this eventually kill their wives!!!!

1 Like

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by 90love(f): 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
Im so annoyed that alot of women r advising this lady to walk away from her marriage thats the worst advise she can be given.

Listen, there are many steps u can take before making such a huge decision which will affect your children remember there will be no going back after!!

Optiona A if he is mature Sit your hubby down and talk to him let him know your really struggling and its becoming increasongly hard to make ends meet. Dont let him know how much your business is producing either coz hel be counting yohr pocket. Unfortunately hes just a spoilt man hes managed to get away with being pampered for so long that this is the result.

Option B if hes hard of hearing
1. Put less beef in his food
2. Dont serve him many diff meals serve him more eba and white rice. No money for fish and all those things for efo or egusi
3. Come home later from work claim traffic and car breakdown or problems at work-make him sympathise
4. Complain of body pains

If he thinks everything is easy for u he wont care bt wen he sees its affecting u hel think twice n wen his food becomes affected hel really see.
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by kukuruku156(f): 8:26am On Jul 03, 2015
keepingmum:
Hi poster. I have and still am in similar shoes wt u. Been married almost 11 years n the bread winner of the homem did I mention I am under 30? See my 1st topic on this forum ....

I know exactly how u feel and trust me only u can decide what's best for u.
God ll direct u aright ijn

@ OP, for me nothing beats experience. Maybe you should PM this poster and you guys rub minds. It is well.
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by Tobiegal(f): 11:17am On Jul 03, 2015
Dearest OP,

your situation is really a very sad one, welldone for being so strong and supportive the entire 5 years despite all odds.

So, am gonna liken your situation to a former colleague of mine, unfortunately she's late now... and, we only got to know of her sad situation after she died.

She was the bread winner for her family, with 3 kids for 5 years... unfortunately, she couldnt surmount the burden.

She died, and guess what, we her colleagues had to contribute money for her hubby as support to the burial, and also her kids education.

Bottomline is, nothing worthwhile comes easy... getting married and staying married is a decision we along can make...

Its truly up to you to decide.

Wish you all the very best.
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by gabbytabby: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
My advice relates to things within your control cos 5 years is a long time and it starts to take God at that point

1) You need to go on birth control cos you cannot and dare not bring anymore children into that environment.
2) Thank God everyday for the two children that you have and your first job needs to be how to shield and protect and provide for them.
3) Unfortunately there is a fine line between being a helper and being an enabler and you have been the later for a major part of your marriage.
4) Thank God that you have a job. You say you have a business and he is not allowed to do things because he makes mistakes, is it possible that you are a perfectionist and might have some control issues hence him leaving it to you. You chose him to be the head of your home such that it might be necessary to let him get better than have him leave it all to you.
5)Do not leave him or divorce him as even a lazy husband has some value, do not kill yourself either but do what is absolutely necessary. You have to cook for your children so one more child (sorry husband) should not be any skin off your nose. Let him help himself to food since he is not doing much else, do not do it in a I am fighting with you way but I am so tired today please feed the children and go straight to bed, you might throw feeling ill and put on some rob for effect.
6) I do not know how you pay for your bills but if possible set up direct debits to get your bills paid 2 days after you get paid as its money that is lying around that a lazy man can borrow. This aspects is what determines the fate of the union as they might leave or start looking for another who will give them money.
7) How do you speak to a man who has children but is too proud and says a job which is a means of providing for his family is beneath him. However, he does not see the irony or sense of lack of pride in letting a woman keep him for years and years. Granted at times we find ourselves in situations where we are jobless for a while and have to rely on our partner but if we are in this together why does he think that helping in other ways is a no no. Speak you must speak to him about how you need to work together.
cool Women have to learn to start as they intend to go on and learn to spot the warning signs. Let your man lead, he needs to be with you because he wants to and not need to be there because of what you give him as most of those relationship do not last.

I wish you well and you need a lot of patience, wisdom and diplomacy. Also stay close to your family and those you trust to have your back cos you will need an outlet at times.
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by banmeandquench: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
goodmorning40:
Sorry, such is life, all man with his load. The girl next door is crying blood asking for any man at all to call a husband. Continue ur fasting and prayer that is the only solution
as usual team prayer and fasting crew grin grin grin grin grin grin

what an advice grin grin grin
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by banmeandquench: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
you have finally won the grammy award of being mrs so please keep your mouth shut and get to work cool

next
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by lolababe331e: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
My biggest concern is the negative things your children are learning. Your kids will start thinking it's okay for a Daddy to sit around all day doing nothing and living off his wife. If you are not careful, your son will grow up to be just like him and your daughter will marry someone just like that since they will think that's normal behavior.

At times parents stay in bad marriages saying it's for the kids not knowing they are doing more damage to the children.

3 Likes

Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by goodmorning40: 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
banmeandquench:
as usual team prayer and fasting crew grin grin grin grin grin grin

what an advice grin grin grin
Team divorce pack and go group
Close ur teeth before flies feed on them
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by rudebouy: 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Wow! I cant even imagine wot ur going tru. I dont even know wot to say to you sef. It is well oh!
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by baralatie(m): 12:58am On Jul 04, 2015
honeric01:

Encourage him to start a biz of his own, do not give him the money to start it, let him source for the money from relatives and friends.. if he can't source or see anyone to loan him, then i say he's really lazy and not ready to take up his responsibility.
it won't work
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by baralatie(m): 12:59am On Jul 04, 2015
lolababe331e:
My biggest concern is the negative things your children are learning. Your kids will start thinking it's okay for a Daddy to sit around all day doing nothing and living off his wife. If you are not careful, your son will grow up to be just like him and your daughter will marry someone just like that since they will think that's normal behavior.

At times parents stay in bad marriages saying it's for the kids not knowing they are doing more damage to the children.
over generalization
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by baralatie(m): 1:02am On Jul 04, 2015
gabbytabby:
My advice relates to things within your control cos 5 years is a long time and it starts to take God at that point

1) You need to go on birth control cos you cannot and dare not bring anymore children into that environment.
2) Thank God everyday for the two children that you have and your first job needs to be how to shield and protect and provide for them.
3) Unfortunately there is a fine line between being a helper and being an enabler and you have been the later for a major part of your marriage.
4) Thank God that you have a job. You say you have a business and he is not allowed to do things because he makes mistakes, is it possible that you are a perfectionist and might have some control issues hence him leaving it to you. You chose him to be the head of your home such that it might be necessary to let him get better than have him leave it all to you.
5)Do not leave him or divorce him as even a lazy husband has some value, do not kill yourself either but do what is absolutely necessary. You have to cook for your children so one more child (sorry husband) should not be any skin off your nose. Let him help himself to food since he is not doing much else, do not do it in a I am fighting with you way but I am so tired today please feed the children and go straight to bed, you might throw feeling ill and put on some rob for effect.
6) I do not know how you pay for your bills but if possible set up direct debits to get your bills paid 2 days after you get paid as its money that is lying around that a lazy man can borrow. This aspects is what determines the fate of the union as they might leave or start looking for another who will give them money.

I have to go out now so will be back later.
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by baralatie(m): 1:11am On Jul 04, 2015
gabbytabby:

4) Thank God that you have a job. the issue here is to priotize your goals with a clear mind.
5)Do not leave him or divorce him as even a lazy husband has some value, do not kill yourself either but do what is absolutely necessary. You have to cook for your children so one more child (sorry husband) should not be any skin off your nose.daddy I am so tired today please can you help feed the children and go straight to bed, you might throw feeling ill and put on some rob for effect.
6) I do not know how you pay for your bills but if possible set up direct debits to get your bills paid 0 days after you get paid as its money that is lying around that a lazy man can borrow.

I have to go out now so will be back later.
sorry I had to edit but the key is a positive mentality and a Lear head.
God bless.
will come after the cut!
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by banmeandquench: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
goodmorning40:

Team divorce pack and go group
Close ur teeth before flies feed on them
grin

we can see how things have become better in nigeria due to the effect of prayer and fasting warriors gringringringringringringrin

And no I won't close my teeth because I have to flaunt my 32 wink
Re: When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up by honeric01(m): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2015
baralatie:
it won't work
Because?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am So Confuse, Pls Advise Me / Pls Advice Me Can My Husband Ex-girl Be Our Family Friend. / Can I Swap My Daughter's Kidney With My House Girl's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.