Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Where Is President Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is President Buhari? (1451 Views)

Soyinka: "Why Is President Buhari Hiding His State Of Health?" / Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose / Okorocha: "What Fits Me Is President, Not Governor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is President Buhari? by lalasticlala(m): 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Written by Wonder Akpeki

SIR: Permit me to state George Santayana’s words ‘’ Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it’’.

The All Progressive Congress APC was founded on February 6 , 2013 from a merger of ACN , CPC , ANPP , a part of APGA and later the New PDP members joined its fold.

That the then President Goodluck Jonathan conceded defeat on March 31, the first time in Nigeria’s political history an opposition political party unseated a governing party in a general election is no longer news. But what is news is the internal wrangling among lawmakers belonging to the victorious APC.

The candidates sponsored by the party for the leadership of the National Asembly, Senator Ahmed Lawan and Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila for the Senate President and Speaker respectively failed to clinch victory following an alliance between Senator Bukola Saraki and Honourable Yakubu Dogara and members of the PDP.

Now here’s the big picture. Nigerians voted for change: Change in the economy, an end to corruption or government stealing et al and not the display of ego. At a time like this, party men and women should exude discipline and respect for their party and earnestly support President Buhari in bringing about the needed change Nigerians yearn for.

To every challenge there’s a solution; the hammer and anvil approach should be discarded as legislators are not small boys to roll over at anyone’s whims and caprices as against their legitimate ambitions. The Senate President and Speaker should apply wisdom by prevailing on their supporters to sheath their swords, concede the Principal positions to the party and show true sportsmanship and respect for party’s leadership. This should serve as a lesson to other parties that ‘’ Humility is indeed strength ‘’

No man or woman is bigger than his or her political party on whose platform they came to limelight. Lest we forget, Senator Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, President Muhammadu Buhari, the various state governors and a host of other principal actors staked enormous resources, time and faced threats to ensure this party came to fruition.

Martin Luther King jnr once said ‘’We are not makers of history; we are made by

history ‘’. The time is nigh for governors, party leaders and stakeholders to nip the wrangling in the bud before it spirals out of proportion. A party man who would continue to defy his party would also defy the President and sponsor same.

President Muhammadu Buhari need the legislature; the legislators need the President. Both need the party and Nigeria needs all.

Wonder Akpeki
Sapele, Delta State.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/where-is-president-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
booked
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by stevolinkon40: 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
God knows

expectations cut short.

Am not surprised though
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Obijulius: 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
I am here - Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Eden007(m): 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
Z
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by ApcSucks: 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
Do we have a president? I don't even know again

Mtcheww

Brukutu sipping e warriors come defend ya pay master ooo
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by GP2015(m): 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
m.
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by chiangyokay: 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
[size=40pt]Hmmmm fp*[/size]
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by simeonii(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Title and content kind of different....
Oga lala come make me bring touch dis night as I hear where is President Buhari, like say him dey Miss...cheesy
Keep my touch and grab my blanket....goes back to bed. Its late already.

Simeonii

2 Likes

Re: Where Is President Buhari? by eazisky(m): 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
toilet i guess, the qustion should be "where is ameachi and buhari"?

Nigerians una don allow politicians scam una again
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by eleojo23: 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
I am still trying to figure out how the infighting in APC is going to bring about CHANGE.

Fight within APC + (what?) = Change.

What is the missing variable.
Does anyone have the answer?
Anyone?
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
he is busy looking for solutions to Nigeria's problems
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by STANPASQUAL(m): 12:00am On Jun 28, 2015
“No man or woman is bigger than his or her political party on whose platform they came to limelight. Lest we forget, Senator Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, President Muhammadu Buhari, the various state governors and a host of other principal actors staked enormous resources, time and faced threats to ensure this party came to fruition."
So na their Papa personal business na??
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by lalasticlala(m): 12:00am On Jun 28, 2015
simeonii:
Title and content kind of different....
Oga lala come make me bring touch dis night as I hear where is President Buhari, like say him dey Miss...cheesy
Keep my touch and grab my blanket....goes back to bed. Its late already.

Simeonii

Ya I noticed that too but I'm not the writer so I can't alter anything there... cool
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by emorse(m): 12:01am On Jun 28, 2015
ApcSucks:
Do we have a president? I don't even know again

Mtcheww

Brukutu sipping e warriors come defend ya pay master ooo

You go just kill yourself for nothing. The PDP you think you're fighting for has not even the faintest idea of your loyalty. If Buhari / the APC fails, it'll rub off on you one way or the other. Harder then it would on top ranking members of the PDP. Think bro, think!
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by simeonii(m): 12:06am On Jun 28, 2015
lalasticlala:

Ya I noticed that too but I'm not the writer so I can't alter anything there... cool

Was wondering too cheesy....
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Rawani: 12:06am On Jun 28, 2015
He's busy laying the foundation for the reforms needed to move this nation forward. However Its time he intervenes to quell the tension in the legislature and within the party, in order to create an atmosphere conducive for good governance.
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by ApcSucks: 12:07am On Jun 28, 2015
emorse:

You go just kill yourself for nothing. The PDP you think you're fighting for has not even the faintest idea of your loyalty. If Buhari / the APC fails, it'll rub off on you one way or the other. Harder then it would on top ranking members of the PDP. Think bro, think!

Concern u man,
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by gaburiel(m): 12:13am On Jun 28, 2015
Patience OP, he is gathering the democratic powers necessary to fix a country like Nigeria.

Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Olsoo(m): 12:29am On Jun 28, 2015
Only God knows o. Though I like Buhari alot but it still baffles me how a President has chosen to keep mum over this issue that is of gross importance to the nation.
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Mannylex(m): 12:29am On Jun 28, 2015
Awol
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Wildrage: 12:32am On Jun 28, 2015
All these sore losers should start a religious sect and name their devotional hymn LAMENTATION. They should tell us one modern democracy where elected legislators are always forced or blackmailed into toeing party lines . In places like America , positions of party chairmen and other party officers are considered so insignificant that you hardly even know their names. APC must realise that Nigerians did not elect any of the party bigwigs and therefore they are not accountable to us. Those we elect must be seen to be acting on our behalf independent of any untoward influence by some self serving party Godfathers. Every senator/hor member represents a constituency and the interest of that constituency is far more superior to the interest of the party they belong to, so all the noise about party supremacy is nothing but self serving subterfuge by some unelected fat cats to Continue milking the system through proxies
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Bekwarra(m): 12:35am On Jun 28, 2015
Where is Buhari? Well I saw him around Mushin Ile-Epo Isale looking for a bus to Agege.
In other news this has been a weird weekend for me. Spend some amount after I came back from the council secretariat where we did terminal clearance on Friday to cook a pot of stew with lots of meat and fish so I can flex these village guys as I will soon be moving to Calabar for #POP only to come back yesterday evening and to my dismay I found an "empty treasury". Yesterday at a news conference, Rafa Benitez said he met an "empty treasury" in Madrid after taking over from Ancelotti. My useless state governor Aregbese also claimed he met an empty treasury after being re-elected for second term thus his inability to pay salary. I rushed to Ogoja to check my account so I can make a new pot of soup alas! I met an empty treasury. After one year of service in Cross River, I'll be leaving an empty treasury behind. All these village girls, whoever dates them after will meet an empty treasury. Glo don fap my account balance leaving an empty treasury behind. When I pack away from this room at the lodge, I'll leave an empty treasury behind. Am I running mad? Oh I'm sorry it's the season of empty treasury. I hope I won't meet an empty treasury when I'm reunited with my gf in Lagos. Rural rugged, we are good to go. University of Calabar Sports Complex on July 2nd we are passing out yippee!!!! Unical babes abeg we don't want to meet empty treasuries everywhere, leave some for konjilized corpers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 28, 2015
Mercie97:
he is busy reciting....'laila alilla allah....' in aso rock cave.......na ramadan fast things wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is President Buhari? by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:39am On Jun 28, 2015
basbone:
he is busy reciting....'laila alilla allah....' in aso rock cave.......na ramadan fast things wink he is busy reciting....'laila alilla allah....' in aso rock cave.......na ramadan fast things
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 28, 2015
Mercie97:
He's busy learning on the job grin
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by adedam007(m): 1:06am On Jun 28, 2015
Lemme refer you to google
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Bekwarra(m): 1:07am On Jun 28, 2015
B
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by knightsTempler: 1:13am On Jun 28, 2015
sad

Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 28, 2015
Goooooooaaaaal, yeah Sinclair. God please we need to win this game
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by Nobody: 2:03am On Jun 28, 2015
He's gone to import quality feed for the first-cows..
Sorry, cows of Mr President
Re: Where Is President Buhari? by fatdon2(m): 2:13am On Jun 28, 2015
50 likes for PMB

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Orders VC Of Federal University Otueke To Refund Over Paid Salaries / How Ikorodu Has Become A Safe Place For Cultist And Kidnapers / Did Buhari Actually Say This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.