Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Do You Believe In Life After Death? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Life After Death? (22394 Views)

Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Seun360(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
badboyphc:

Why are you on every post? Don't you have a job?

And how is that any of ur buzness?
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Spybradd: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
peeparty:
One of the biggest-perhaps the biggest question.
this question has implications, not just for what happens
to us when we leave this world,but,also how we live while
we are here on earth.

I'd love to to get your take on this.
Do you believe in life after death?
or do we believe that we cease to exist after we die.

theres definitely life after death,in HEAVEN OR HELL. Qed.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by musicwriter(m): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
peeparty:
One of the biggest-perhaps the biggest question.
this question has implications, not just for what happens
to us when we leave this world,but,also how we live while
we are here on earth.

I'd love to to get your take on this.
Do you believe in life after death?
or do we believe that we cease to exist after we die.

There's nothing like death. Death is an over rated illusion. You will continue to live forever, but you'll switch from one consciousness to another. However, the owner of the universe may remove you from existence, if you're a wicked person. He may even make you experience the rest of your existence as a mosquito!.

Where were you before you was born?. Were you dead?.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by indiraserv: 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
i take it u are a grail adherent?
ITbomb:
I believe

The eternity and "sophistication" of the spiritual life gives little opportunity for spirit germs to be conscious to participate in the real life, therefore a small place bounded by time and space was created to enable humans mature to consciousness and decide by their God giveneewill how to live the eternal life.

Their works in the small space of time (70 to 100+ years), if good, lifts them to bliss and light but if bad, draw them down to everlasting darkness and pain.

There is nothing like death, we will be transformed either to permanent light or permanent darkness

That is Judgment. Selah
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Feranmicharles(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
godman01:

And if it's the opposite?
y didn't you enlighten the A guyundecided
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Feranmicharles(m): 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
Midehi:

hehehehehe...this made me laugh seriously!
hehehegrin
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by omojeesu(m): 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:

You believe some is unreal but real elsewhere... That's double negative...

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have NOT SEEN, AND YET HAVE BELIEVED. The existence of a thing can't be disproved by our inability and lack of capacity to perceive it.

We cant perceive radio waves and such but the correct tools do. Your spirit needs to be TUNED to receive the SPIRITUAL FREQUENCIES by believing the One who can do the tuning.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Bless you.

We believe pharmaceutical companies for their drugs. We believe Coca Cola. Do we see the processes. We trust them though we have no real and absolute proof. Please believe God and His word. I rest my case. Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Feranmicharles(m): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
Midehi:

hehehehehe...this made me laugh seriously!
oh really?grin just for laffs ni ogringrin there life after death actuallytongue
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Adedoks(m): 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
I shake my head terribly at the lack of knowledge of so many people in this generation embarassed embarassed embarassed... Ironically many will learn after they are dead.Am not pursuading anyone to believe whether dere is like after death but the real question is whether you will end up in Heaven or Hell... Trust me if you miss one u won't miss the other.. Jesus didn't die for nothing,he died to save the world from experiencing eternal destruction.Funny enough were already in Noah's days don't believe at ur own peril... Am not scared of the so called atheist here... Foolish is when a man strongly believes n argues passionately for a wrong course with a dead end
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Defcon1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
aflyingbird:
na was ooo. this chick is always the first to post on every thread. do you have a job at all? it's like you're always watching fp so you can be the first to post on threads. for someone who calls herself "introvert" you sure are the exact opposite. pple lying since the days of Adam. just an observation o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I think you are wrong
He/She really is a perfect introvert ( rightly so in block letters )
An introvert rarely leaves the house preferring to stay indoors all day.
It is much worse when they are idle or unemployed.
They become obsessed with their phones to keep them busy.

So whenever you stop seeing her/him(u never can tell the real gender) on here like MTN, just know he / she has either got something doing or was chased out of the parents' basement by a flood or a snake.

That's about it.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by bashsani(m): 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
If u really blv u re created then it even more easier to b resurrected after death
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by gentlezypher: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
my Bible has predicted everything that has happened on earth from Christ's birth to His death, ressurection, even how this earth will be ruled by different kingdoms (daniel 2&7) and all came to pass, it also says that there is life after death and that is it
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by damesilver(m): 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
As soon as man thinks, just a little, he begins to get clarity over issues which ponder him. The question of life after death has been a source of disquiet and an enduring apprehension to many.

First of all, what is life? Life means something living. To live implies to be active. We can therefore say life means to be in a state of unceasing activity. Death is the opposite of life, which means a state of inactivity.

Now, what is man? Man is a spiritual being. It is the spiritual essence in him that is living, giving animation (life) to the bodies it has to wear on earth. Man is clothe in several bodies. These bodies themselves have no life of their own; they are only animated for a time and are as well cast aside at the time of transition. Hence the word 'spirit is life.'

Dear reader, please pay careful attention to this explanation and weigh it with your inner perception.

On earth, the spirit needs a cloak to wear if it wishes to exercise its ability. This cloak is the physical body. This physical body is the vehicle it uses to carry out its volition on earth. If there is imbalance between the body and the spirit, i.e. the vehicle and its user, the vehicle is cast aside. The imbalance may be a cause of illnesses, accident or old age, etc, etc. The bodiless spirit then wanders to other planes.

Other planes of existence are populated by departed spirits, each wearing different cloaks which is of lesser density than the physical body depending on their degree of maturity. If in the course of its wanderings on earth, the human spirit has gained the experience it needed for its maturity and development, it goes on to lighter regions where souls of similar tendency coexist.

The spirit's growing love of the the Almighty and its earnest desire for the welfare of its neighbor draws it higher and higher and consequently leaving less heavy environment for a lighter one by discarding the prevailing body, just like it once discarded the physical body.

The process goes on like that for other bodies until it remains the uncloaked spirit alone. Just as it had to wear these bodies when it sets out for the journey from paradise in order to fulfill its desire for experiencing which led it to the lower worlds as far as the earth, the same way it had to drop them one by one till it gets back to its original home - paradise.

Through purification of its guilt, the spirit arrives its home - paradise, this time around, as a fully self-conscious matured spirit, whence it once were, as an unconscious spirit seed germ. Its then free from eternal damnation. Eternal death is the extinction of all conscious personality that has developed itself in a wrong way.

Man on earth gets himself entangled in webs of pain and misery as a result of his misuse of free will given to him. He burdens himself through his deeds, thoughts and words. By its desire for what is base, he chains himself.
According to the laws of nature, what a man burdens himself with can only be redeemed by no one else but himself. Christ said 'whatever a man sows that shall he reap'.

A lot of people seek pernicious cover in the comforting words that Christ has taken away the burden of our sins. They therefore shun the struggle to overcome their weaknesses, they loathe every exertion and personal effort at striving for what is better; forgetting that heaven helps only those who work at helping themselves first. They even pass on to the coming generations this misleading assertion as factual. Such erroneous transmission increases indolence in the spirit of man. Atonement may not be easy for those who help advance such teachings because of their own comfort.

When death of the physical body occurs, man, being still heavily burdened with guilt, may be given an opportunity to live its earth-life once again in order to atone its guilt. This is a kind of help from the Almighty so that man does not perish. A bandage is placed before the eyes of the sojourner on entering the earth again so that its past lives may not be surveyed, for it would be of no use to him. It is the present that counts before the valid Laws of Creation.

The place a soul is born may be a way of redeeming some of its guilt. There is no injustice at birth as some people would like to assert. But each human spirit weaves in advance the garment its has to wear in future, which includes its place of birth, its parents, name, gender, etc. The dissolution of a physical body does not cancel one particle of guilt. Nothing is lost in creation; nothing forgotten.

When it is said that.... all that is dead in creation shall be awakened so that it may pass judgement on its self, the emphasis is on ''all that is dead'', not ''all the dead''. All slumbering weaknesses in man shall come to live again so that they burn themselves out.

So, life continues.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Mbediogu(m): 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
As a christian i beleive in life after death.
Jesus said "in my Fathers house there are many mansions and I go to prepare a place for you" (me).

That invariably means That there is an after life where we return to meet our maker in whose image we are created.

The belief in life after death lermeates all known religions including fetish traditional religions. The Eastern religions of Hinduism and Shintoism mark the watershed of that belief more than any other. It is only Evolutionary biology that does not believe in it which is perhaps the reason for all the holes and gaps which years of research have failed and will continue to fail to explain.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by todayguest(m): 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
"If this life is all we have,then, we are of all most miserable." Apostle Paul.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by no2fuks(m): 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
peedeeasobie:

My friend, even scientists who don't believe in God have disproved the evolution theory!

That theory is a fable!

my friend scientist have not disapproved of the evolution theory! it is only reasonable explanation tbh
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by younghartz(m): 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
grin

1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by no2fuks(m): 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Life continues after death. We are powerful, immortal spirits. Our physical bodies are not us. They are just 'coats' we wear in order to be able to live in this dimension. Once the coat wears out or is otherwise terminated, our physical bodies die and we return to the spirit world where we came from, complete with our memories of this and other lives we've lived. This transition is as natural as birth and is not dependent on one's religion, belief, lifestyle, or anything else.

how about people that grow senile as they get older will their spirit be operating with their 21 yr old self or thier 81 yr old self.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Teleads(m): 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
Only God knows
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Edifyer: 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwtf24tAbYY

What is the purpose of life if there is no life after Death? Does
Does that means you commit all atrocities in this world while someone will do all the good deeds and after you died you both go to same place or just disappear. God is just and he created us with purpose. If anyone believe otherwise then a believer in Allah and his prophet has absolutely nothing to loss
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Etfash(m): 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
Guys, I know you all have a right to believe what you will... But, PLEASE, trust me, there is life after death. It is surer than sun rising tomorrow.

You will still be conscious, you can still decide on what you want to do, but you don't necessarily think.

There is a tiny bridge between life and death. There is also under that bridge, a very deep hole, some creatures are in them, they are not happy. If you gaze too much at them while you try to cross the bridge to the other side, you could fall off that very narrow bridge. But once you cross to the other side of the bridge, 2 people, like you will come to receive you.

I won't say more than this, but, I beg, guys trust me, there is life after death, one is pleasant while one isn't.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Rollyberry(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
publicenemy:
When I was 10yrs old, I died for some seconds. Trust me its all blackout.

Person wen don die, don die!

No reincarnation

No hell

No heaven

If you die , your case is closed.

DO U EVER WONDER WHY U DREAM??

THERE IS SURELY LIFE AFTER HERE TAKE IT OR NOT
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Akshow: 6:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
NO!!!
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Ensquare(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yes 00. Second chance n part of me of telemundo
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by publicenemy(m): 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rollyberry:

DO U EVER WONDER WHY U DREAM??
THERE IS SURELY LIFE AFTER HERE TAKE IT OR NOT
Bross... I don't believe.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by aitazaz(m): 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
[b]Then when the Horn is blown with one blast, and the earth and the mountains are lifted and leveled with one blow [i.e. stroke] - Then on that Day, the Occurrence [i.e. Resurrection] will occur, And the heaven will split [open], for that Day it is infirm (i.e. weak, enfeebled and unstable). And the angels are at its edges. And there will bear the Throne of your Lord above them, that Day, eight [of them]. That Day, you will be exhibited [for judgment]; not hidden among you is anything concealed (i.e. any person or any secret you might attempt to conceal). So as for he who is given his record in his right hand, he will say, “Here, read my record! Indeed, I was certain that I would be meeting my account.” So he will be in a pleasant life - In an elevated Garden, Its [fruit] to be picked hanging near. [They will be told], “Eat and drink in satisfaction for what you put forth (i.e. literally, advanced in anticipation of reward in the Hereafter) in the days past.” But as for he who is given his record in his left hand, he will say, “Oh, I wish I had not been given my record, and had not known what is my account. I wish it [i.e. my death] had been the decisive one (i.e. ending life rather than being the gateway to eternal life). My wealth has not availed me. Gone from me is my authority.” [God will say], “Seize him and shackle him. Then into Hellfire drive him. Then into a chain whose length is seventy cubits insert him.” Indeed, he did not used to believe in God, the Most Great[/b][i][/i].

(Quran, 69:13-33)
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by yoged(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
There is a way to learn about the condition of the dead. We can check records concerning eight people who returned from the dead during the ancient times. Not one of those eight spoke about being in a place of bliss or torment. If the people who were resurrected had gone to such a place when they died, would they not have told people about it? And would this not be included in the inspired Bible record for all to see? In the Scriptures, nothing of the kind is recorded. Those eight people evidently had nothing to say on the subject. Why not? Because they had been unconscious, as if in a deep sleep. In fact, the Bible sometimes uses sleep as an illustration to explain death. For example, faithful David and Stephen both “fell asleep in death.”—Acts 7:60;13:36.THE BIBLE’S ANSWER:“The living know thatthey will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.”*—Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by infokingboss(m): 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Of course! I believe my Bible
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by gabriel74: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
kingstylo01:
Jesus said to him "I promise you that today you will be in paradise with me" Luke 23:43

No long story. This says it all. If there isn't any life after death, then Christ wouldn't have promised him paradise.

SIMPLE

correct
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
ITbomb:
I believe

The eternity and "sophistication" of the spiritual life gives little opportunity for spirit germs to be conscious to participate in the real life, therefore a small place bounded by time and space was created to enable humans mature to consciousness and decide by their God given freewill how to live the eternal life.

Their works in the small space of time (70 to 100+ years), if good, lifts them to bliss and light but if bad, draw them down to everlasting darkness and pain.

There is nothing like death, we will be transformed either to permanent light or permanent darkness

That is Judgment. Selah

Are you among the Grail messengers?
.... To the best of my knowledge, we don't die but transform/migrate to another form/realm of existence.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Hmm dis qstn again... Well

You knw something,like one guy said it would be painful after dieing and you realise there's nothing like hell or heaven. Then you'll blame yourself for dieing as Virgingrin
i just laughed. 10likes
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by tochstorm(m): 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
obasanjo will come back as a bouncer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer. / What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? / Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.