Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. (33802 Views)

T.B Joshua Named 'Yoruba Man Of The Decade', Soyinka 'Yoruba Man Of The Year' / Why We’ve Not Prosecuted Clifford Orji –lagos / Damn, Abuja Will Be At Least A Decade Ahead Of Lagos In Its Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Ikomi(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2009
A good show of Ignorance that makes one cringe. undecided

Abeg please stand aside, your much of a disgrace abeg.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2009
From page one:

~Sauron~ :

Don't be ignorant. . . . . . .Cannibalism is a standard practise in the EAST.

This is a regrettable post!
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

@~Sauron~
For making the statement in bold, you either do not understand the meaning of the word "standard" or you're just expressing your ethnic bigotry towards Igbos and other groups from the "East".
It is very unfortunate that you have to resort to ethnic bashing to make your argument. I never thought you were on one of the tribalists on Nairaland. Shocked!

I have not resorted to ethnic bashing but i have got reasons to believe cannibalism is a cultural thing in the East.
Sauron ain't a tribalist. . . . . .don't get your wires crossed and i will not shy away from spewing the truth just because you guys are quick to scream ethnic bigotry towards Igbos. I have nothing against the Igbos.
Past records prove these things happened in the East.

RichyBlacK:

How can anybody say "Cannibalism is standard practice in Eastern Nigeria?"

Is this what Nigerians are? Am I a deviant (non-standard) Easterner for not being a cannibal?

Standard = an accepted example of something against which others are judged.
Read the comments of the Chief of Police when Clifford was apprehended.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2009
There is no need to trade insults.

The facts:

1. Cannibalism was more common in some parts of Nigeria decades ago than it is today.
2. Some people still practice cannibalism today.
3. This practice is not restricted to geographical region.
4. The perpetrators of this practice are scattered all over Nigeria.
5. The practice is largely restricted to ritualistic cannibalism (for those who believe in juju) and not dietary cannibalism (due to lack of food; protein supplement, etc.)

I have heard cases of cannibalism in the South East as well as in the South West, by Igbos as well as Yorubas, by Christians as well as Muslims. Anybody making any claim that any group has cannibalism as "standard practice" is making a statement out of prejudice than out of facts.

By the meaning of the word "standard", it means that those who are not cannibals in that group are deviants.

There is zero evidence that any group or subgroup in Nigeria has cannibalism as a standard practice within the group's culture or locale.

Let us go back to address the Clifford Orji Story instead of calling an entire ethnic group cannibals.

Thanks.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Uche2nna(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I have heard cases of cannibalism in the South East as well as in the South West, by Igbos as well as Yorubas, by Christians as well as Muslims. Anybody making any claim that any group has cannibalism as "standard practice" is making a statement out of prejudice than out of facts.

By the meaning of the word "standard", it means that those who are not cannibals in that group are deviants.

Take away the ethnic bigots we have on Nl, this pretty much sums up the whole discussion.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

"Why, have you taken to human eating; is it because you cannot afford animal meat?, "a journalist asked Orji.
Orji replied: "We have been eating human meat for the past seven years before coming to Lagos. It is our culture to eat human meat".

I find it very hard to ignore the statement in bold.

Mr. Aghedo said: Cannibalism is a taboo in Lagos, but in some parts of Nigeria, especially, in the SOUTH EAST states including Cross River and Calabar, human meat eating is not strange.

This is an experienced Police officer in Nigeria reaffirming Cannibalism is not strange in the South East of Nigeria.
U expect me to ignore this also??
Are u a Philistine??
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Ikomi(m): 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Let us go back to address the Clifford Orji Story instead of calling an entire ethnic group cannibals.

To go back to a major issue which should address how we handle psychotic individuals in our society, which has been rather turned into an ethnic insult by a Ramlike individual is a major waste of time.

He is so bad he would rather result to insults to cover his Ignorance.

What a shame. A ram would always be a ram.  undecided
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 9:18pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

I have not resorted to ethnic bashing but i have got reasons to believe cannibalism is a cultural thing in the East.
Sauron ain't a tribalist. . . . . .don't get your wires crossed and i will not shy away from spewing the truth just because you guys are quick to scream ethnic bigotry towards Igbos. I have nothing against the Igbos.
Past records prove these things happened in the East.
Yes, they happen in the East, but they also happen in the West. I have lived in the West (Lagos and Oyo states) and the East (Abia and Enugu states) and I can tell you that it happens in both regions. And those who practice it are deviants.

Standard =  an accepted example of something against which others are judged.
Read the comments of the Chief of Police when Clifford was apprehended.

The Chief of Police said:

Mr. Aghedo said. Cannibalism is a taboo in Lagos, but in some parts of Nigeria, especially, in the south east states of Cross River and Calabar, human meat eating is not strange.

The statement does not imply cannibalism is a standard practice in the Eastern states. It is also a taboo in the East, not only Lagos.

Let me tell you what the problem is, too many Nigerians living west of the River Niger have *never* traveled to the east of the River Niger. They hear things and conclude, holding on to stereotypes that have been propagated by those before them.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Ikomi(m): 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2009
@Sauron

I leave you again with the words:

"Jack has gone to school to learn to be a fool"

He came out a Ram. cheesy
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

The statement does not imply cannibalism is a standard practice in the Eastern states. It is also a taboo in the East, not only Lagos.

It does. . . . . .He said it's a taboo in Lagos but people won't raise their eyebrows if it happened in the East.
Why is this statement so difficult for our Igbo brothers to decipher.

Let me tell you what the problem is, too many Nigerians living west of the River Niger have *never* traveled to the east of the River Niger. They hear things and conclude, holding on to stereotypes that have been propagated by those before them.

I have been to 4 States in the East so i ain't into any stereotype shiznit, hombre.

Ikomi:

@Sauron
I leave you again with the words:

"Jack has gone to school to learn to be a fool"

He came out a Ram. cheesy

U are a miserable sod.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 9:24pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

I find it very hard to ignore the statement in bold.

This is an experienced Police officer in Nigeria reaffirming Cannibalism is not strange in the South East of Nigeria.
U expect me to ignore this also??
Are u a Philistine??

It's like a radical, who happens to be a Muslim, stating: "It is in our religion to behead you infidels!"

You cannot take the entire faith of Islam to task just because of the statement of one misguided entity.

Subscribing to the surface interpretation of such statements is tantamount to subscribing to one of the most ridiculous logical fallacies - guilt by association.

The actions and statements one one fool cannot and should not be used to judge the entire population of humans who share any form of association with the fool!
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

It's like a radical, who happens to be a Muslim, stating: "It is in our religion to behead you infidels!"

Of course, beheading an infidel is a standard practise in Islam. You are right on the money.

When u hear the word "terrorist". . . . .what is the first thing that springs to your mind?? Be honest.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by osisi2(f): 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2009
Osisi, you are talking out of your arse.
Cannibalism is a standard practise in the East. Ritualists are everywhere in Nigeria. Don't be such a numbskull!!!
The Otokoto saga still lingers in me memory not to talk of the skulls dug out of Okija Shrine.
Babalawos recommending human intenstines is hogwash. . . . . .I won't buy that from you at all.

May Amadioha scatter your fathers compound and set you on fire. grin
you wouldn't know the truth even if bit you you on your supersized ikebe

U are a nannygoat and common sense evades you.
Evil exists wherever but Cannibalism is part of the culture of the Igbos.
Of course, seeing that there are more Igbos in Lagos than yorubas in Igbo states. . . .It's only natural for your culture to be rubbing off on Yoruba people in Lagos. Clifford Orji said with his own mouth that eating people is part of y'all culture and you are here disputing like a lobotomised ape.
Go get some peppermint, your breath stinks.

Lobotomised ape ?
have you looked dn the mirror lately or looked around to see what group descended from apes?
think OBJ ma dear
I can see Clifford is your hero.
The 10 people who patronized him besides his accomplice are probably your kiths and kin.

More like Clifford would put your sagging mammary glands on display in Oshodi as BBQ if you mis-waka(He attacks women only).
The market comptroller of Jankara market is an Igbo man so stop being a pillock.
Like i have said. . . . .For equilibrium to be restored in Nigeria, an asteroid must collide with all the generation of the flesh eating people in Igboland.
Buncha irritating savages!!!!!

Look at this bufoon!
Do you think we are like y'all that move to Lagos and never return to your villages not even at Christmas because your grandmothers and aunties are calling in you in the mirror wanting to use your eyes and genitals for rituals and intestines to cure their athritis?
Ewu!
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Ikomi(m): 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Of course, beheading an infidel is a standard practise in Islam. You are right on the money.
When u hear the word "terrorist". . . . .what is the first thing that springs to your mind?? Be honest.

You see it, every well meaning person have tried to rein in this Ram, his on the loose, no one can stop him.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2009
**osisi:

May Amadioha scatter your fathers compound and set you on fire. grin
you wouldn't know the truth even if bit you you on your supersized ikebe

This old hag is pissed. . . . .
May Amadioha light you up and burn you to ashes while destroying your whole set of hamlets.
Anuofia!!!

Lobotomised ape ?
have you looked dn the mirror lately or looked around to see what group descended from apes?
think OBJ ma dear
I can see Clifford is your hero.
The 10 people who patronized him besides his accomplice are probably your kiths and kin.

Nah. . . . . They are from the East.
Descendants of Otokoto families and Ezegos.
Buncha vampires.

Look at this bufoon!
Do you think we are like y'all that move to Lagos and never return to your villages not even at Christmas because your grandmothers and aunties are calling in you in the mirror wanting to use your eyes and genitals for rituals and intestines to cure their athritis?
Ewu!

Roflmao. . . . . .Who gives a flying Bleep if y'all go to the village during Christmas or not.
Look at this woman who's been on exile for 15 years.
Do u even know the way to your village?? U better stay put before they label your kids child witches. grin grin grin
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

This is an over simplification of the facts!

Let me answer your question, when I hear terrorists, I first think of the United States military machine, honestly. But that doesn't make them terrorists.

Guilt by association, the logic your argument seems to be based on, has resulted in the most tragic events in human history:

*Do you know that there are white people who will consider you a drug peddler first time they set their eyes on you because they believe drug peddling is the "standard occupation" of black youths under 40?

*Do you know that there are South Africans and Americans who, because of your Nigerian nationality, will consider you a 419er and/or an identify thief?

I believe, you're definitely more sophisticated than subscribing to the logic of the simpleton - "a black man raped my daughter, all blacks are rapists!"
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by osisi2(f): 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Yes, they happen in the East, but they also happen in the West. I have lived in the West (Lagos and Oyo states) and the East (Abia and Enugu states) and I can tell you that it happens in both regions. And those who practice it are deviants.

The Chief of Police said:

Mr. Aghedo said. Cannibalism is a taboo in Lagos, but in some parts of Nigeria, especially, in the south east states of Cross River and Calabar, human meat eating is not strange.

No he didn't see that.
Calabar is now an Igbo state
I made your last point on another thread.
The problem with these our Yoruba friends is that they are stuck in one place.
Many of them have parents and grandparents who fled the villages to the cities and never go back talk less of visiting other areas in Nigeria.
They sit in Ijebuode and tell you how evil everyone else is where as these are the people who ancestors exported voodoo and hoodoo to the world when others were exporting palm kennel.
Go to New Orleans,Brazil and Haiti and othera areas of the Caribbean and see  their gift to the world
Cele, cherubim and seraphim and other ritualistic churches are their invention.
For a Yoruba son or daughter to point fingers at anyone for Rituals,killings and Cannibalism is laughable since there's enough evidence to show that it obtains in their territory if not worse
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

This is an over simplification of the facts!

Let me answer your question, when I hear terrorists, I first think of the United States military machine, honestly. But that doesn't make them terrorists.
Guilt by association, the logic your argument seems to be based on, has resulted in the most tragic events in human history:
*Do you know that [/b]there are white people who will consider you a drug peddler first time they set their eyes on you because they believe drug peddling is the "standard occupation" of black youths under 40?
[b]*Do you know that
there are South Africans and Americans who, because of your Nigerian nationality, will consider you a 419er and/or an identify thief?

Of course they do. . . . . .I cannot control the thoughts of white men towards a black man.
There will always be racial profiling whether you choose to accept it or not. It makes it easier for investigators.
White people prolly consider me as a drug peddler. . . .Whose fault is that?? It is because drug peddlers have queered the pitch for me and every other Nigerian dude so let em have a field day with their thinking.
Whether we like it or not. . . . .Nigerians will forever be considered as 419ers or drug barons.

I believe, you're definitely more sophisticated than subscribing to the logic of the simpleton - "a black man raped my daughter, all blacks are rapists!"

I never said all Easterners are cannibals. I said cannibalism is a standard practise in the East.
2 different statements.
Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims(can you live with this statement??) cheesy
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Ikomi(m): 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Of course they do. . . . . .I cannot control the thoughts of white men towards a black man.
There will always be racial profiling whether you choose to accept it or not. It makes it easier for investigators.
White people prolly consider me as a drug peddler. . . .Whose fault is that?? It is because drug peddlers have queered the pitch for me and every other Nigerian dude so let em have a field day with their thinking.
Whether we like it or not. . . . .Nigerians will forever be considered as 419ers or drug barons.

I never said all Easterners are cannibals. I said cannibalism is a standard practise in the East.
2 different statements.
Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims(can you live with this statement??) cheesy

Whoever thought of waking you up every morning to go to primary school, and paid the fee has wasted a great deal of resource. undecided

You smeeeeeeeelllllllllllll. undecided
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2009
Ikomi:

Whoever thought of waking you up every morning to go to primary school, and paid the fee has wasted a great deal of resource. undecided

I was actually about to say the money invested on your education woulda been used to buy trojan condoms to prevent sub-literate village goats like you to join a rational discussion.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Fine. So, we know you're not a drug-peddler just because you're black neither are you a 419er just because you're a Nigerian. However, not all whites think you are! Not all whites hold on to these stereotypes about you. So, my question to you is this:

If you're a white person, which of these two groups would you want to be in:
1. Those who hold on to the negative stereotypes about you (which we know to be false)
2. Those who do not hold on to those stereotypes (and so have chance to know who you really are)

Stereotypes lock the mind and make people unable to view issues with better judgment and see the finer shades of the issue. It puts judgment before observation. It is too simplistic.

2 different statements.

Now, your joking. There are many "terrorists" that are not Muslims, the IRA is just one example close to you. It still doesn't make terrorism the "standard practice" of the Irish. Does it?

We, as younger Nigerians, must break away from the ethnic bigotry that consumed some of our progenitors. We cannot afford to accept ignorance (archaic stereotypes that don't hold) when we can embrace the truth. We must appreciate the hues and subtleties of the human experience instead of seeing the world as "black and white".
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Fine. So, we know you're not a drug-peddler just because you're black neither are you a 419er just because you're a Nigerian. However, not all whites think you are! Not all whites hold on to these stereotypes about you. So, my question to you is this:

You are more likely to come across white folks who think all Nigerians are criminals more than the ones who do not.
Racial profiling cuts across black n white shiznit. . . . Afterall, Oprah said Nigerians and corruption are siblings, didn't she??

If you're a white person, which of these two groups would you want to be in:
1. Those who hold on to the negative stereotypes about you (which we know to be false)
2. Those who do not hold on to those stereotypes (and so have chance to know who you really are)

That i hold on to the opinion that cannibalism is a standard practise in the East does not make me an Igbophobe.
I like Igbo people. I got friends that are Igbo and reh reh reh but it does not take away the fact that these things happen.

Stereotypes lock the mind and make people unable to view issues with better judgment and see the finer shades of the issue. It puts judgment before observation. It is too simplistic.

Law enforcers won't agree with you there. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now, your joking. There are many "terrorists" that are not Muslims, the IRA is just one example close to you. It still doesn't make terrorism the "standard practice" of the Irish. Does it?

IRA is like the old KKK. I am not sure these men still exist in ROI.
When was the last time u heard about any IRA activity?? Letz be honest with ourselves.
Whether offender profiling is good or not, we cannot ignore the first impulse we get when we hear about smart bombs planted in a marketplace.
When i hear of suicide bombers. . . . . .It takes 0.0000000000003 secs for ma brain to process muslims in the middle east.

We, as younger Nigerians, must break away from the ethnic bigotry that consumed some of our progenitors. We cannot afford to accept ignorance (archaic stereotypes that don't hold) when we can embrace the truth. We must appreciate the hues and subtleties of the human experience instead of seeing the world as "black and white".

I coulda sworn i have heard this same thing from Pete Edochie.
Are u related to him?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by osisi2(f): 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2009
sauron please go and eat your amala with the human pepersoup in your fridge and leave us alone.
My meat is not sweet
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Law enforcers won't agree with you there. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Read this salon.com article on Why racial profiling doesn't work

There is much evidence that shows that racial profiling does not work; it's a feel-good method that attempts to satisfy that xenophobic tendency that resides some of us. We must resist this crude part of us for it is easier to succumb to our primitive instincts than our better judgment.  

I coulda sworn i have heard this same thing from Pete Edochie.
Are u related to him?? grin grin grin grin

No, but I like the actor. He was magnificent in Things Fall Apart, the NTA TV miniseries. smiley
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2009
**osisi:

sauron please go and eat your amala with the human pepersoup in your fridge and leave us alone.
My meat is not sweet

grin

osisi,

You've made a strong case for better ethnic relations and I'm sure Sauron is getting it. Thanks.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2009
**osisi:

My meat is not sweet.

How can your meat be sweet after several human skulls you have devoured with yellow GARRI.
Mrs Osisi Orji. cheesy cheesy cheesy

RichyBlacK:

Read this salon.com article on Why racial profiling doesn't work

There is much evidence that shows that racial profiling does not work; it's a feel-good method that attempts to satisfy that xenophobic tendency that resides some of us. We must resist this crude part of us for it is easier to succumb to our primitive instincts than our better judgment.  

U keep avoiding the questions posed to you.
What crops up in your mind when you hear of a suicide bomber?? A Yoruba man or a Chinese woman??

No, but I like the actor. He was magnificent in Things Fall Apart, the NTA TV miniseries. smiley

My favorite Naija actor by a country mile.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by RichyBlacK(m): 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

U keep avoiding the questions posed to you.
What crops up in your mind when you hear of a suicide bomber?? A Yoruba man or a Chinese woman??

Easy. A Japanese airman.

I first read about suicide bombing when reading WWII history in 8th grade (JSS II), they were called Kamikaze warriors.

They say first impression lasts.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Sauron1: 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Easy. A Japanese airman.

I first read about suicide bombing when reading WWII history in 8th grade (JSS II), they were called Kamikaze warriors.

They say first impression lasts.

You are a rare specie. cheesy
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by Ikomi(m): 12:45am On Mar 07, 2009
RichyBlacK:

osisi,

You've made a strong case for better ethnic relations and I'm sure Sauron is getting it. Thanks.

Sauron let me explain this words Richie wrote here cause am sure you wont get it, since its not directly insulting.

What Richie means with the above statement is - go and thank Osisi she is trying to raise your level of understanding.

~Sauron~:

You are a rare specie. cheesy

Look at him trying to act like you know history.

What do you know about WWII.

The best you can come here now and tell us is that every German is Anti-Semitic.

Since we have all seen you're one way traffic.

Highly educated Ram. Thats what they say:

"One eyed man is a king among the blind"

Maybe your fellow Rams hail you with all the abusive jargon you write as their master. At least you've got two horns.  cheesy
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by grafikdon: 3:21am On Mar 08, 2009
Not really sure what this thread is doing in the "Culture" section.
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by dakobu: 3:06am On Mar 09, 2009
Remembering Clifford Orji, the cannibal of Costain.
Contributed by Sunny Chris Okenwa

I remember Clifford Orji, that supposed 'mad man' under the bridge in Costain Lagos killing people and eating them and
selling off their parts to highly-placed Nigerians either for money rituals or other diabolical adventures; I remember this
cannibal not as a hero but a murderous villain!
Slobodan Milosevic, the former President of disintegrated Yugoslovia was called by the Western press during his
drunken days in power as 'the butcher of the Balkans'. When he was in his dictatorial best before the West called his
bluff and flushed him out of power he massacred the Balkans. And hanged Saddam Hussein apart from being given the
moniker 'the sadman' could be called the butcher of the Kurds in Iraq. And down here in Africa Omar Hassan Ahmad al-
Bashir the Sudanese president could well be addressed as the butcher of blacks in Darfur. And President Obasanjo of
Nigeria the butcher of Odi and Zaki-biam people. Charles Taylor, butcher of descendants of American slaves in Liberia,
Robert Mugabe, butcher of former Rhodesians and white farmers in Zimbabwe, Jerry Rawlings, butcher of Ghanaian
chronic coupists. What these people have in common with the exception of the latter is their penchant to shed blood of
their people with little or no consideration for their rights of existence.

I remember Clifford Orji, that supposed 'mad man' under the bridge in Costain Lagos killing people and eating them and
selling off their parts to highly-placed Nigerians either for money rituals or other diabolical adventures; I remember this
cannibal not as a hero but a murderous villain!

When Clifford the killer was caught human parts were discovered in his 'den' with personal effects of those who fell victim
to his cannibalism and ritualism especially women. I think the courts declared him 'insane' to stand trial, whether he was
feigning insanity to escape justice is another matter for conjecture. But many of his customers must have felt sad at his
capture and exposure because the supply line was finally cut off saving more lives from being plucked away at their
prime.

[b]I remember the late Eddy Nawgu in Anambra State who was killed by the Bakasi boys. Eddy Nawgu who had high-profile
clients from north and south and east was a specialist 'god' who did all sorts of evil to give protection to big men or make
blood money for them through ritual killings. Stories were told about how little children disappeared in his neighbourhood
only to be traced to his evil shrine. In one particular gruesome episode he was reported to have pounded a few weeks
old baby in a mortar! A reverend father in the village was forced to confront him but he stood his ground; the ordained
priest left after he discovered that dreadlock-wearing Eddy was satan incarnate but not without cursing him. When his
cup of evil got filled to the brim the youths under the aegis of Bakasi Boys eliminated him by using cutlass to butcher him
in his fortress! Good riddance!

A true story was told about a young man frustrated in life in the city who thought that money ritual was the solution. He
was asked to bring forth his mother for him to be richer than the Dangotes and Igbinedions. The boy went home to the
village and hoodwinked his innocent mother into believing that she would be escorting him to his future wife's house in
another town to get acquainted with the girl. As they arrived the ritual doctor's abode the evil man's wife had had a little
baby few months past. As mother and child waited for the marabout to ask them in late in the night the newly-born child
was crying without ceasing! And the woman visitor showed motherly compassion by carrying the baby and as soon as
the baby was caressed by her in her arms she stopped crying but as soon as she gave the little baby girl to her mother
weeping set in again and again. This continued for hours on end.

As this unusual scenario was playing itself out in a bizarre fashion the father of the crying baby, the local ritual priest was
consulting his gods to know if the woman was good enough for sacrifice. When he came out of his house of horror he
announced to the boy whose appetite for richness had been wet that his oracle was against using her mother for rituals
citing the spirit of the little crying girl as reason. He warned the boy to go home with her mother and never to try using her
blood for anything of such nature.[/b]As mother and son were going home after a failed mission with the poor mother (saved by the spirit of innocence behind
the baby girl) asking after the young bridegroom whom they had come to see the boy suddenly became mad on the way
confessing his sins and running away after tearing into pieces his clothes; he was never to be seen again!

The Nigerian Village Square
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com Powered by Joomla! Generated: 8 March, 2009, 21:00
That reminds one of the Otokoto ritual killing episode in Owerri Imo State few years ago. The big men who were
implicated in the horrendous story of human killings were not touched but the few field executioners were lined up and
summarily executed, Obidiozor and co. Only God knows how many Nigerians must have met their gory deaths in the
hands of politicians on ritual prowl as elections draw closer.
[b]Like Orji Emeka Ezeugo (Reverend King) now in jail for arson and murder was busy in his so-called church committing
fornication and adultery. In his trial that was widely publicised a lady witness told the court how Rev. King was playing
God in his church making rules and laws that were out of tune with modern christian doctrines. One of the witnesses who
testified against him narrated how day after day she administered MouthAction on King and serve him food naked![/b]Now that he is cooling his heels in Kirikiri maximum prison in Lagos I believe he must have had ample time and
opportunity to reflect on his actions while in 'power'. The prison experience may reform him and he may undergo the
Saul-Paul Damascus transformation. His follies while living in his 'paradise' must have been a heavy moral burden as he
serves his long term in jail. A decent society does not need the services of people like him and Orji who inflict the basest
of bestiality on their subjects or victims.

Today I believe out there in the jungle that is Lagos and elsewhere in our country where all things in their oddity happen
daily a whole lot of Rev. Kings and Clifford Orjis still stalk the land. But the solace we can take is that there's a Higher
Master up there monitoring our every move and at the fullest of time what was done in hiding and in secret places will be
proclaimed from roof tops. That is beside final judgement that awaits everything that has breath.

The Nigerian Village Square
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com Powered by Joomla! Generated: 8 March, 2009, 21:00
Re: Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. by dakobu: 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2009
;d ;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igwe Alex Nwokedi Of Achalla Is Dead / Kalabari Traditional Wedding Culture in Rivers State / Rukayat Adeteju Adeyemi And Hakeem Adesina Folarin’s Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.