Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) (36168 Views)

Beninoise Chef Steals Master’s $59,000, N3.4m In Ibadan, Builds Mansion / Throwback Video Of Unilag Girls Fighting Dirty Over Boyfriend In Hostel / Photo Of The JSS2 Student Who Committed Suicide Over Boyfriend In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:27am On Jun 29, 2015

A Beninoise, Kwenume Ojo, aka Abiodun, has been arrested by men of the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly killing her husband, Jimoh Ojo, 32, in the Yaba area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Kwenume put poison in her husband’s soft drink and forced it down his throat while he slept on the bed.

Our correspondent gathered that the 17-year-old suspect took the poison from a relative of her boyfriend after she was forced to marry Jimoh.

The incident happened on Friday on Apolo Street, the Makoko area of Lagos.

When our correspondent visited the area, he met a crowd of residents and family members who said the victim’s corpse had been deposited in a mortuary.

It was learnt that the suspect had been arrested by policemen from the Adekunle Police Division.

Jimoh’s in-law, Rotimi Akinlagun, explained that the deceased was retarded, which made it difficult for him to get a wife.

He said his marriage to Kwenume was arranged by the two families.

He said, “Jimoh was a carpenter. When he was born, he fell sick and that affected his health as he became retarded.

“When he became mature, we decided to get him a wife. We started asking around for anybody who could give him a wife.

“Kwenume’s father heard and he contacted Jimoh’s family. He gave them Kwenume to become Jimoh’s wife. She had no choice in the matter.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that Kwenume’s father took the decision to prevent her from marrying her boyfriend, who he did not like.

The dislike, it was gathered, stemmed from the maltreatment of Kwenume’s sister, who was married into the boyfriend’s family.

“She was brought to me and we took her to Jimoh’s hometown in Yewa, Ogun State. He was going there to make love with her. After six months, she became pregnant and we brought her back to Lagos State.

“The couple moved into a new apartment to start a new family. Their apartment was close to my house so I could monitor them. Abiodun (Kwenume) was assisting my wife to sell food at her canteen,” Rotimi added.

Our correspondent learnt that after giving birth to a baby girl, christened Hannah, the suspect became attracted to her former boyfriend and she started visiting him.

She was said to have met his elder brother, Wensu, an herbalist, who allegedly gave her the poison to put in her hubby’s drink so she could marry the unidentified boyfriend.

Jimoh’s elder sister, Modupe Akinlagun, said the victim had returned from work on the fateful Friday and visited her shop to get food.

She said, “He dished the food himself and ate. After eating, I asked him to go home and rest. When his wife returned from an errand I sent her, I asked her to also return home with her baby.

“I was still there when his wife came to call me that he had slumped in the toilet.

“When we got there, people had surrounded him and were pouring palm oil into his mouth. He was vomiting the oil and a white substance. He kept saying, ‘Iya Hannah has killed me, she opened my mouth and poured drug inside.’

“Iya Hannah (Kwenume) denied Jimoh’s accusation, but he insisted that she forced the poison down his throat.”

Another relative explained that Kwenume put the poison in a bottle of drink that the victim had brought home to share with her.

He said, “They usually shared their food and drinks together. After he finished eating at the canteen that day, he bought a bottle of drink and drank half. He took the remaining home to share with his wife.

“It was when she returned that she put the poison in the drink. She then forced it down his throat.”

Modupe’s husband said Jimoh died around 11.30pm on Friday.

He said the community elders took Kwenume aside to press her for information on where she got the poison.

He said after some time, she confessed to the crime, adding that she collected the poison from her boyfriend’s brother who lived in the Sogunro, Iwaya area of the state.

He said, “Around 3am on Saturday, a policeman, together with some of our people went to get the man.”

The two suspects were said to have been kept till dawn until a team of policemen from the Adekunle division arrived in six vans.

PUNCH Metro gathered that some youths attempted to lynch both suspects, but for the intervention of the policemen.

The traditional ruler of the Egun community, Seriki Dito, urged the police to do a thorough investigation and punish the culprits.

He appealed to governmental and non-governmental organisations, to assist in taking care of the couple’s child, Hannah.

He said, “This is something that has shaken our community terribly. We want the government to give the deceased justice. We also want help for the girl because she is almost an orphan now.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident, adding that it had been transferred to the Department of Criminal Investigation.

He said, “The woman and her accomplice are in custody. The case has been transferred to the DCI for investigation.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/beninoise-wife-poisons-husband-over-boyfriend-in-lagos/
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Freciprocal: 1:29am On Jun 29, 2015
Never force someone to date or marry people... So sad at 17 she has become a killer

RIP to the dead cry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 29, 2015
Very wicked girl If u know love am again, u know go pack your things and leave jeje? Must u kill the innocent young man? RIP jare.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Ruq: 1:48am On Jun 29, 2015
Want kinda twisted effed up story is this. RIP Jimoh slow I lol'd at that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by siegfried99(m): 1:49am On Jun 29, 2015
Na wa oo undecided
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 29, 2015
See her ugly black face. By merely seeing this one, u go know say she be witch. Nonsense. angry

3 Likes

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by CountDracula(m): 2:18am On Jun 29, 2015
Marriage, I pray I won't marry a murderer... Innocent boy like me sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by AnyibestDede(m): 2:50am On Jun 29, 2015
Women are becoming deadly and heartless these days. I pity the next genaration after us

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by modath(f): 5:01am On Jun 29, 2015
All the posters above must be males..

Seems the part about being forced to marry the victim & a slow (euphemism for retar.d) man for that matter & that she returned to her old boyfriend didn't register..

No one has a right to take another's life no matter the provocation or justification but her father erred in his actions but she should have refused.. Who knows maybe she was scared of being disowned.. sad

Rest in peace to the dead & Lord have mercy on the soul of the perpetrator as well.. What a sad situation..

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by funkybully(f): 5:13am On Jun 29, 2015
I know say ogun must be involved in this matter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:31am On Jun 29, 2015
Na wa ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 5:31am On Jun 29, 2015
MEN AND ONE HEART
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Tekzyflex(m): 5:35am On Jun 29, 2015
See her face black like something Wey thunder strike. Very ugly winch

4 Likes

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by jumobi1(m): 5:41am On Jun 29, 2015
God forgive her. It's tough. I hope she doesn't destroy in prison and she actually doesn't spend too long in there. She was mentally improsoned when they forced her marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by youngberry001(m): 5:59am On Jun 29, 2015
sameer1212:
See her ugly black face. By merely seeing this one, u go know say she be witch. Nonsense. angry
hahaha grin
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Dollyak(f): 6:01am On Jun 29, 2015
Eww. Some people are wicked
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by ideykwum: 6:19am On Jun 29, 2015
You're slow!

Ruq:
Want kinda twisted effed up story is this. RIP Jimoh slow I lol'd at that.

1 Like

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by kwaraguy(m): 6:26am On Jun 29, 2015
Nawa OOooO! 17yrs of age
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 29, 2015
LADIES think straight that's why they ACT before thinking
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by stinggy(m): 6:45am On Jun 29, 2015
sameer1212:
Very wicked girl If u know love am again, u know go pack your things and leave jeje? Must u kill the innocent young man? RIP jare.

I'm not absolving her, but check the age she was given out in marriage.
She's underage and too young to handle emotional challenges.

RIP

4 Likes

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by modskiller(m): 6:50am On Jun 29, 2015
[size=20pt]After food, the fastest thing that can kill a man is a woman, girls are the most heartless beings I've ever seen and heard of.[/size]

Read where one bathed her BF acid the other day.

Why do we have to hate and kill each other!

What a world
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by sweat4wat(m): 6:57am On Jun 29, 2015
The poor are the most heartless these days ooo chai
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by olempe(m): 7:06am On Jun 29, 2015
The story get as e be jare. See this

*A 17-year-old forced to marry a retard

* Police arriving in six vans to arrest an unarmed suspect shocked

* Jobless youths trynna lynch the suspects

* Everyone judging

11 Likes

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:08am On Jun 29, 2015
modath:

All the posters above must be males..

Seems the part about being forced to marry the victim & a slow (euphemism for retar.d) man for that matter & that she returned to her old boyfriend didn't register..

No one has a right to take another's life no matter the provocation or justification but her father erred in his actions but she should have refused.. Who knows maybe she was scared of being disowned.. sad

Rest in peace to the dead & Lord have mercy on the soul of the perpetrator as well.. What a sad situation..
Killing him will never be an option I understand where you are coming from that is why I hate anything forced on somebody, she could have pack her bags and run away to live with her so called lover instead this but as a slow poke she choose this option. RIP to the victim

2 Likes

Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by omojesu202(m): 7:11am On Jun 29, 2015
Hmnnn....
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by TippyTop(m): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2015
This is was needless.
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2015
Tragic
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 29, 2015
[size=20pt]AFTER

GOD,

FEAR

WOMAN.

RIP TO THE DEAD!
[/size]
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by wunmi590(m): 7:31am On Jun 29, 2015
Re: Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) by danielmichael(m): 7:31am On Jun 29, 2015
Nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NURTW Officials Chase Driver Of 18-seater Bus To Death In Ibadan (photos) / "My Father Slept With My 3-Year-Old Sister, Wants Anal Sex With Me" - Boy, 7 / Mistress, 26, Baths Housewife With Hot Water Over Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.