Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,202 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Masturbation In Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Masturbation In Ramadan (3702 Views)

What Islam Says On Masturbation. / In Ramadan, My Wife Doesn't Want To Sleep With Me / How To Overcome Sexual Temptation In Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masturbation In Ramadan by blacq2009(m): 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Salamu alaykum, house.
Please what's the ruling on a Muslim masturbating in the Holy month of Ramadan - Is the penalty same as fornication?
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by tmv10(m): 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by shrek4(m): 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akant believe you.
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by Ophytee28(m): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
If someone masturbates while fasting, his or her fasting is broken, and he or she has to make up for that day later on. The reason is that the release of sperm (or sexual vaginal secretions in the case of women) comes as a result of desire and sexual excitement, which is haram during the daytime of Ramadan.

We know that scholars said if someone vomits by intention it will break the fast but if he vomits unintentionally it will not break the fast. If we apply the rule of qiyas (analogy) to this case, we would say that if someone releases sperm (or sexual vaginal secretions in the case of women) due to a sexual (wet) dream or without desire, it will not break the fast.

However, if he or she intentionally masturbates and releases the sperm (or sexual vaginal secretions in the case of women), then of course it comes with a desire and it has the same `illah (cause) in the qiyas process. That is why it breaks the fast.

3 Likes

Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by usermane(m): 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
Masturbation nullify the fast because it is more like sex which is forbideen during fasting. On the other hand, I partly disagree with Ibrahim 's response above. Deliberate vomiting does not violate the fast because it can't be described as ingestion prohibited during Ramadan.
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by blacq2009(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2015
usermane:
Masturbation nullify the fast because it is more like sex which is forbideen during fasting. On the other hand, I partly disagree with Ibrahim 's response above. Deliberate vomiting does not violate the fast because it can't be described as ingestion prohibited during Ramadan.
Thanks. So the penalty is s/he will make up for that day?
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by usermane(m): 10:09am On Jun 30, 2015
blacq2009:
Thanks. So the penalty is s/he will make up for that day?
Absolutely.
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by blacq2009(m): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2015
usermane:

Absolutely.
Jazakallah Khayran
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by PassingShot(m): 7:15am On Jul 01, 2015
usermane:
It's not about your opinion but about Shari'ah. Deliberately induced vomit breaks your fast.

2 Likes

Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by usermane(m): 9:27am On Jul 01, 2015
PassingShot:

It's not about your opinion but about Shari'ah. Deliberately induced vomit breaks your fast.

I challenge you for a proof from the Book of God. If you cannot do this, then i urge you not to fall among those who do not judge with what God has revealed.
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by PassingShot(m): 9:31am On Jul 01, 2015
usermane:

I challenge you for a proof from the Book of God. If you cannot do this, then i urge you not to fall among those who do not judge with what God has revealed.

There is no dispute among the scholars concerning the fact that vomiting deliberately is one of the things that invalidate the fast, but if a person cannot help vomiting, that does not break his fast. This was mentioned by al-Khattaabi and Ibn al-Mundhir. See al-Mughni, 4/368.

The evidence for that from the Sunnah is the report narrated by al-Tirmidhi (720) from Abu Hurayrah, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever cannot help vomiting does not have to make up the fast, but whoever makes himself vomit deliberately, let him make it up.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Read more here http://islamqa.info/en/38579
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by usermane(m): 9:54am On Jul 01, 2015
PassingShot:

There is no dispute among the scholars concerning the fact that vomiting deliberately is one of the things that invalidate the fast, but if a person cannot help vomiting, that does not break his fast. This was mentioned by al-Khattaabi and Ibn al-Mundhir. See al-Mughni, 4/368.

The evidence for that from the Sunnah is the report narrated by al-Tirmidhi (720) from Abu Hurayrah, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever cannot help vomiting does not have to make up the fast, but whoever makes himself vomit deliberately, let him make it up.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Salaam!

It would have been better if you just directly answered the OP instead of confronting me. For several theological, historical and logical reasons i do not take rulings from other than Qur'an. And i don't believe scholars are 100% perfect to warrant taqlid(imitation).
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by PassingShot(m): 10:08am On Jul 01, 2015
usermane:

Salaam!

It would have been better if you just directly answered the OP instead of confronting me. For several theological, historical and logical reasons i do not take rulings from other than Qur'an. And i don't believe scholars are 100% perfect to warrant taqlid(imitation).

Salaam!

I don't see where and how I confronted him.

Are you saying you do not accept rulings based on Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW)?

1 Like

Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by curiouses: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2015
PassingShot:

I had constipation which the only way to relieve myself of the pain is to induce vomit.

What's the judgement on this?

Is okay to endure the pain when there's a way out?
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by PassingShot(m): 10:16am On Jul 01, 2015
curiouses:

I had constipation which the only way to relieve myself of the pain is to induce vomit.

What's the judgement on this?

Is okay to endure the pain when there's a way out?

A similar case to yours is actually mentioned in the link I provided. I repost all here again:

"Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in al-Fataawa (25/266): With regard to vomiting, whoever makes himself vomit deliberately has broken his fast, but if he cannot help vomiting, this does not break the fast.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz was asked about the ruling on one who cannot help vomiting when he is fasting – does he have to make up that day or not? He replied:

He does not have to make it up, but if he made himself vomit, then he has to make it up. And he quoted the hadeeth referred to above as evidence.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa al-Siyaam (p. 231) whether vomiting in Ramadaan breaks the fast. He replied:

If a person vomits deliberately, this breaks the fast, but if it was not deliberate then this does not break the fast. The evidence for that is the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), and he quoted the hadeeth referred to above.

So if you cannot help vomiting, then you have not broken your fast. If a person feels that his stomach is churning and what is in it is going to come out, then do we tell him that he has to prevent it, or to make it happen? No, but we do say: take a neutral stance. Do not try to make it happen and do not try to prevent it, because if you make yourself vomit you will have broken your fast, but if you try to prevent it you will harm yourself. So leave it, and if it comes out without any action on your part, then it will not harm you and you will not have broken your fast.

Secondly:

If some of the vomit goes back into the stomach without any deliberate action on a person’s part, then his fast is valid, because this did not happen by his choice. The Standing Committee was asked (10/254) about a fasting person who vomited then swallowed his vomit without meaning to – what is the ruling in this case?

They replied:

If he vomited deliberately then his fast is invalidated, but if he could not help it then his fast is not invalidated. Similarly it is not invalidated by his swallowing it so long as he did not do that deliberately"
. http://islamqa.info/en/38579

Allahu Aalam!

2 Likes

Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by usermane(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Salaam!

I don't see where and how I confronted him.

Are you saying you do not accept rulings based on Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW)?

To begin with, i don't even consider them as sunnah of the Prophet. So i don't buy them.
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by PassingShot(m): 10:32am On Jul 01, 2015
usermane:

To begin with, i don't even consider them as sunnah of the Prophet. So i don't buy them.

What are the Prophet's verified reported sayings called?

1 Like

Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by sheffyUTD(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
PassingShot:

What are the Prophet's verified reported sayings called?

Well I guess usermane is one of the 'Quraniyun'; Quran only and nothing else. I have met some of them and the experience was detestable!

1 Like

Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by khattab02: 12:06am On Jul 02, 2015
sheffyUTD:

Well I guess usermane is one of the 'Quraniyun'; Quran only and nothing else. I have met some of them and the experience was detestable!
Yes may be you are korrect! And from his comments you will know.
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by Abayor7: 5:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Isn't masturbation a sin itself?
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by yazach: 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
usermane:

Salam alaikum:
This answer you provide, is it from you or the Qura'an or the Hadith
Re: Masturbation In Ramadan by Demmzy15(m): 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Abayor7:
Isn't masturbation a sin itself?
We can't say it's a sin per se, scholars vary on this issue! But some like Ibn Taymiyyah consider it haram!

(1) (Reply)

Can Women Be Leaders In Islam? / Eidul Mubarak! / Last Ten Days Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.