Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy (1910 Views)

Diary Of My Pack!.. / Dog Kicked By Driver Brings Pack Of Friends To Trash His Car / This Can Save A Life - Dog Attack And Kills Four-month Old Baby In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by generalj1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
hello all,

just thought about sharing information about my experience of keeping multiple dogs at home and leading a pack.

this time i will focus on how they react to intruders, visitors and friends. (no aggression is tolerated in the pack is the ground rule...feeding is together)

first let me say i stylishly influenced and defined my pack by timing when a pup is brought home using the age, breed and temperament.

each individual in the pack has its own place in that social order. Without a leader and rules, a dog pack is confused, unstable and a constant conflict is inevitable.

myself...leader
Roonie...Alpha Male ..German sherpherd
Nikki....Aplha female ..Rottweiller
Nikkita...assistant to Alpha Female...Rottweiller
Mama...Calvary..South African Boerboel
Angel...cheer leader...Siberian Husky
Debbie..Omega...German sherpherd.

my dogs leave in my garage separated from the rest of the compound by a gate.
whenever someone approaches the gate, Debbie will start to bark seriously to wake all the dogs or get their attention.

Roonie who keeps the database of everybody will run to check to determine if the person is a member of the compound, visitor (new or constant).
Nikki and Nikitta (Rotts) will charge awaiting decision of Roonie to either come along to join the attack or back down
Mama will be ready waiting to see if the 3 of the front line defense dogs will need muscle assistance to combat the intruder.
angel will be howling and waiting for opportunity to run about the house..not interested in d attack.

but if Roonie decides that this person is a part of the house..he signals and barking changes from agrresion to jubilation.

if roonie decides dat d person is a visitor but no need to attack (depending on his judgement of xter), he walks back..,guarding d person from attacks from others.

i have seen Roonie growled at d Rotts several times if they kept charging to attack someone Roonie has declared friendly
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ok
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by PapaNnamdi: 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
smh
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by generalj1(m): 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
roonie and myself
angel
mama
nikki and nikita

Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by kolokolobi(m): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
Interesting how you've kept the order. I'm sure you also know that as your 'assistant' begins to age and loose agility one of the rest may try to take over singularly or team up with another pack member to carry out the coup. It may be someway down the road but do you have a plan when they begin to test your alpha for his position.
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by generalj1(m): 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
sure..

i like your angle.
that happens in every pack setting.
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by kolokolobi(m): 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
Okay
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by ElPhoche(m): 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
General, i deh use my eyes to deh follow u about oh. Learning from you....till I am ready to take the step
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by generalj1(m): 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
meanwhile.. i forgot to add that i did not create this pattern.

i just discovered it from several observations.

now, if i need to add someone new to my house like my i got my 2 househelps, i just took them to Roonie at respective times

they followed me to feed them for a week and after that the courageous one took over the role.

she feeds them and put them back in their respective rooms in the cages while d other one that is still afraid after 3 months plus comes down to sweep and clean the feeding area. grin grin
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by Prodeegee(m): 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
generalj1:
hello all,

just thought about sharing information about my experience of keeping multiple dogs at home and leading a pack.

this time i will focus on how they react to intruders, visitors and friends. (no aggression is tolerated in the pack is the ground rule...feeding is together)

first let me say i stylishly influenced and defined my pack by timing when a pup is brought home using the age, breed and temperament.

each individual in the pack has its own place in that social order. Without a leader and rules, a dog pack is confused, unstable and a constant conflict is inevitable.

myself...leader
Roonie...Alpha Male ..German sherpherd
Nikki....Aplha female ..Rottweiller
Nikkita...assistant to Alpha Female...Rottweiller
Mama...Calvary..South African Boerboel
Angel...cheer leader...Siberian Husky
Debbie..Omega...German sherpherd.

my dogs leave in my garage separated from the rest of the compound by a gate.
whenever someone approaches the gate, Debbie will start to bark seriously to wake all the dogs or get their attention.

Roonie who keeps the database of everybody will run to check to determine if the person is a member of the compound, visitor (new or constant).
Nikki and Nikitta (Rotts) will charge awaiting decision of Roonie to either come along to join the attack or back down
Mama will be ready waiting to see if the 3 of the front line defense dogs will need muscle assistance to combat the intruder.
angel will be howling and waiting for opportunity to run about the house..not interested in d attack.

This got me smiling...nice pack.
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by generalj1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
Prodeegee:

This got me smiling...nice pack.

my oga Prodeegee...i hail o.

i did not say the part when Roonie declared a full scale attack on someone.., ye guh

that day, d guy learnt that jumping to the roof of a honda eod doesnt guarantee safety from these guys. grin grin grin

the gate was opened because i had some biker friends of mine with me while we were making some bbq.

the dogs were with us..all sat down waiting for thier shares. cheesy

the guy was actually my neighbors new drycleaner...he said when he saw d gate opened , he walked in and he got comfortable when he didnt hear any dog barking...

unfortunately, his issue started when the dogs saw dat he didnt come to us hence he wasnt part of the party guests.

he too panicked when he saw 6 dogs without chain smiley

he dropped the entire stuff and took to the next car roof...3 dogs followed suit immediately.

i had to call d guys to order when i saw him on the roof of d car....i didnt see him coming and musik was loud too

1 Like

Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by kolokolobi(m): 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
A well ordered pack you got there.
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by jamex93(m): 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
bros please i need one of those
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by younghartz(m): 5:26am On Jun 30, 2015
Now this is what I call a family
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by chucky234(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2015
Nice one bro, impressive.
Small time Apolo abi Agbalumo guy go come say Rotties and Boerboel no fit co-habit sha, hmmm make I just comment my reserve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by chevkosticks(m): 7:29am On Jun 30, 2015
wich i had one of those.... luv dogs like mad..
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by pmadise(m): 8:54am On Jun 30, 2015
Quite impressive Bro!

But how of u preven cross breeding?
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by wunmi590(m): 9:19am On Jun 30, 2015
Nice one bro, love the arrangement. grin
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by generalj1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
pmadise:
Quite impressive Bro!

But how of u preven cross breeding?

close supervision...and monitoring and prediction of heat cycle

i keep only one male..Roonie.

others are usually in their respective rooms.
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by smileysmiles(f): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
a thread that is both educative and peaceful.

i have my eyes on your husky... i have loads of questions to ask about him (her)

i want one when i grow up!
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by chucky234(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
smileysmiles:
a thread that is both educative and peaceful.

i have my eyes on your husky... i have loads of questions to ask about him (her)

i want one when i grow up!
Haba first lady, which up you wan grow go again.
Ehn Prodeegee, help me reason this matter na
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by fredrisky: 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
i luve your husky hw many month please snap your husky and send more
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by fredrisky: 9:20am On Jul 01, 2015
is your husky male or female when will you mate it plz i ned d pup
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by winetapper: 9:38am On Jul 01, 2015
this is what i call stigmatization... Everyone now wants to see the husky onlycry please why dont you have slant back GSD Joor..
Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by Brozo1: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
GeneralJ1, can't just stop laughing. Tears rolling down my face from my face from the laughter when I read that part of the drycleaner. I could imagine him running as if he's running againt Usain Bolt. Nobody ready die nau grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy by generalj1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Brozo1:
GeneralJ1, can't just stop laughing. Tears rolling down my face from my face from the laughter when I read that part of the drycleaner. I could imagine him running as if he's running againt Usain Bolt. Nobody ready die nau grin grin

lol grin
the good thing now is that Roonie has added the dry cleaner to the list now. he walks in now with swagg.. he even screams at the rest now if they continue barking at him after roonie has certified him ok.. i will just hear him scream....e don do nah... i will peep from upstairs and smile.

(1) (Reply)

Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story / Merry Xmas...this Female Caucasian Puppy Is Just Too Massive, For Sale / All Ye Dog Breeders Share Your Pic And Your Dog Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.