Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,585 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Communication In Marriages!a Must Read! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Communication In Marriages!a Must Read! (469 Views)

Crazy Things Women Do To Save Their Marriages / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Communication In Marriages!a Must Read! by ArRahmanCakes: 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
After I got married, I did the dutiful thing of waking up early and preparing breakfast in
bed for my hubby. He quickly got up, ate the breakfast, left the dishes and went to have his bath .... ok I no vex (1 count).
Second day, the same thing - No thanks you, no clearing up. Third day, same. Abi does this guy think
he married a househelp? On the fourth day - I didnt even bother to make any breakfast let alone serve it in bed.
The hubs: Honey, no breakfast today?
Me: Ogbeni, abeg, I am not your slave - go make breakfast yourself.
The hubs: Shuo, wetin cause fight?
Me: Nothing (and then I walk off, really pissed off).
I sit back and think about what transpired (I always sit back and think of how I could have handled it better). I realise that he doesnt even know why I was angry, which was even more annoying. This guy no even dey sensitive sef.
Anyway, when he returns. I served him dinner and have a talk with him.
Me: Why dont you say 'thank you' sef?
The hubs: Thank you? How do you mean?
Me: When I serve you breakfast you eat it as if it was my duty to serve you.
The hubs: Ahh, i didnt think of it like that o..
But wait is it not your duty?
Me: Don't play smart with me. I expect that common sense will prevail and you would show appreciation after going the extra
mile.
The hubs: Na wa oo... women and wahalaa. Ok ooooo. Thank you for doing your duty as a wife. I hope you will remember to thank
me for doing my own duty as a husband ooo.
The hubs sweeps me off my feet, gives a soft kiss on the cheek and says whether I say thank you or not, when you see me eating just know I am thanking you with my
heart.
Me: (rolling my eyes) But at least still say thank you let me hear it and feel appreciated
(Scene closes)
Men are happier when their wives are happier, and most men simply don’t understand why their wives become unhappy. They’re not intentionally neglectful.
They are 'accidentally' neglectful. And everyone’s lives will be so much better if only they figured it out before the wife gets frustrated and begins to care less.
If your husband is not sensitive enough to pick up the cues about what bothers you, then you need to COMMUNICATE always. They
may just never know or may not even think about it. Men are really from Mars. Can I get an agreement from the house..........
Source : Mums Aloud
Re: Communication In Marriages!a Must Read! by ArRahmanCakes: 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
RoyalRoy
Ishilove
Seun
Re: Communication In Marriages!a Must Read! by kristen12(f): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Communication:- very important and necessary.

But honestly speaking, I don't see any reason I should tell him to say thank you.
If he says it, fine. And if he doesn't, its still fine.
Re: Communication In Marriages!a Must Read! by libertyfather(m): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
Work for some, never for some...same language different understanding

(1) (Reply)

. / His Sexuality / Why ‘baby Factories’ Should Be Legalized In Nigeria – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.