Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces (62810 Views)

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2017). / Buratai In Special Forces Uniform / Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ayd91(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
chronique:
This is not correct. I have personally seen DSS officials and Nigerian SWAT(don't know what department of the military they operate in),use the TAVOR. The SWAT guys were sitted in a white hilux.

Pics speak volume.

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2572632_107272147144103886439691086886218n_jpeg02945d62d1b7ebb54b529a5569375715

Another retardo

You don't use Bullpups assault rifles in field combat

The IWI Tavor SAR being carried by the Nigerian Naval team is best used in small confined spaces and not in open field.

The German Soldier is operating with the right field range weapon.

No wonder Boko is kicking their azzes

Dude, learn to appreciate. Government doesn't buy weapons and you complain, they buy and you still complain. and FYI, bullpups are also used by the Isreali military, and don't say shii about their not being used in open areas. Yes, they are best used in short range but remember, these are navy Special Boat Squad operatives, keyword here, BOAT= confined space. Your two previous comments here are just hate speeches. please stop hating, it does you more harm than good
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ocelot2006(m): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2572632_107272147144103886439691086886218n_jpeg02945d62d1b7ebb54b529a5569375715

Another retardo

You don't use Bullpups assault rifles in field combat

The IWI Tavor SAR being carried by the Nigerian Naval team is best used in small confined spaces and not in open field.

The German Soldier is operating with the right field range weapon.

No wonder Boko is kicking their azzes

Congratulations bros. You've won the DUMBASS post of the week. So Isreali units like Golani, Egoz, and co that have replaced their GALIL and M4 assault rifles with Tavor TAR 21s are stupid abi? You do know that the Tavor is an assault rifle, right? I equally guess that the Australians and Austrians who use the Steyr Aug Bullpup assault rifle, or the Chinese with their Type-95s are equally fools for using those.

BTW, what the hell is a "field range rifle"? The G-36 in the hands of that SPANISH Marine (the Germans were not involved in the exercise held a year/2 ago) is an ASSAULT RIFLE. Unless you're referring to a Designated Marksman Rifle.

2 Likes

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

You dunce!

If they don't have the right equipment how are they expected to fight efficiently.

Stop being a moronic simpleton.

My criticism of their equipment stems from[b] experience in the field[/b].

obviously the only FIELD you experienced combat is the fields of Call of duty, battlefield and other video games.
i want you to prove me wrong. No insults please

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by edoyad(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
ExInferis:

it doesnt have to be "aerial view", whatever that is. All a sniper needs is defilade (both cover and concealment) and LoS. Also, a sniper CAN assist fireteams to clear structures as a sniper is also trained in CQB and doubles as an assaulter.

your critique about their equipment is likewise silly. im not sure you're more tactically or strategically sounder than military advisers (foreign and local).

you frakking Toy Soldier.

Of course you know he means vantage point. A shooter doesn't have to have it but like the name suggests, it gives the advantage/edge.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ocelot2006(m): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2572620_111168501635324593363291108634352n_jpeg4bf34de9fcfa1f3ca6aab38e3e36258c

This is plain retardo.

How do you use a sniper rifle for CQB?

That we can agree on. The sniper ought to have served as overwatch while assaulters with the AK-47s clear out the buildings.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
CSTR2:
Weak and highly undisciplined army.
Algeria will kick their as$ to the stone age.
spits.

And i see you, strong and highly disciplined. these men and women stay awake so you and i can sleep at night. you sit behind a laptop and spew such wicked comments.
Please join the military if you feel you can do better, just let me know first and i promise you i'll make sure you get posted to a unit where you'll receive better equipment.
and FYI, Algeria has better army because their people support their military.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

You are indeed a slowpoke.

A Sniper covers from a "bird" location where he can have a complete aerial view from where he provides rear cover and recon to troops engaged in the battle zone.

Check his hands well, i see something like a pistol there

my bad, its only the sights of his rifle
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
CSTR2:
Weak and highly undisciplined army.
Algeria will kick their as$ to the stone age.
spits.

And i see you, strong and highly disciplined. these men and women stay awake so you and i can sleep at night. you sit behind a laptop and spew such wicked comments.
Please join the military if you feel you can do better, just let me know first and i promise you i'll make sure you get posted to a unit where you'll receive better equipment.
and FYI, Algeria has better army because their people support their military.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
koligs:
And common boko-haram they are finding it difficult to defeat... anyhow sha, they look good in their camou

Boko Haram ain't COMMON. terrorism isn't something you can just defeat. Check out the US and all the countries where they've been fighting terrorism and tell me if they've curbed it in any of the countries. you really have to give credit to these guys. they've done much more that the US have ever done. the US has the heaviest military budget in the world, more than that of half of all countries in Africa combined but see what Al Qaeda did to them, even when AL Qaeda was still a fledgling. Our military changed the tides of the war immediately they got better equipment and ammunition, if they get more, they'll still do better. me sincerely believe that if given the opportunity, we'll have the best military in the world
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by persius555(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

Why?
Head to the NE, there u will get an answer with a gap hole in ur head.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ocelot2006(m): 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
segxi1960:
Most of these pictures were taken during numerous training exercise.

Yes, Oga LeOstrich, the SI of the SF is the Tavor presently but they are to be replaced by the Beryl ASAP. You'd agree that is a more suitable weapon.

The picture of the sniper got me pulling my hair too. If there was a hostile behind the door, that's one definite casualty.

God Bless the Nigeria Military.
#NeverAgain

Correction 1: the Tavor is NOT being replaced by the Beryl rifle. The Tavor CTAR 21 and TAR 21s are issued to Navy SBS and Airforce QRF and Regiment, NOT the Army. The Beryl Rifle replaces the Type 56/OBJ 006s initially used by Army Special Forces.

Correction 2: The Tavor TAR 21 is an ideal assault rifle. It has a shorter barrel, is lighter than a carbine thanks to composite materials used, very accurate with/without its integrated scope and is equally effective at up to 500m/550m. The only advantage the Beryl rifles issued to Nigeria Army SF have over the Tavor is the caliber of round the former chambers (7.62 compared to Tavor's 5.56 NATO round). Other than that, the Tavor is a total plus for assault and CQB. It's no surprise the Isreali military, India's elite Army Airborne Corps, and a host of other nations adopted this rifle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
bigtt76:
Exactly my thoughts too ....you jab the door open and with a 2nd soldier ready to shoot not use your hand and expect to open the door and attack when confronted undecided I now see why many Nigerian soldiers are fallen angry

Babe when breaching a door, the person who opens the door isn't usually the person who goes in first. you open from the side while your colleague who has been standing in front of the door goes in first. standard military tactics. if you go in first, you're more likely to take a bullet if theres a hostile in the room
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
CSTR2:
Are they the only national army laying down their lives?
How many wars have they even fought in sef?
Can you compare their combact experience and professionalism to the egyptians, algerians or even the ethiopians?
Guy, your incompetent army is weak, highly indisciplined and a disgrace to armies.

young man, please tell me, what do you realy know about our INCOMPETENT army, apart from what you read in the newspapers and hear in the news?
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
CSTR2:
Weak army fit for a mediocre and an utterly useless nation.
Even angola has a better army.
yeye dey smell.

my brother, na your fatherland o
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:

the FN FAL has the range but it disappoints ,while Ak 47 is good but needs to be modified in my opinion with an improved polymer butt stock ,pistol grip and rails to add targeting scope to improve shooting accuracy.the fact that other armies are fast adoptin the tarvor shows it may be impressive.

you're right. if you handle an AK, you'll know its really powerful. most of the ones i see here in the south-east have polymer alloy stock though, which shows DICON has begun upgrades
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
duni04:
Disgrace to the phrase "special forces". They can't defeat ordinary small boko haram boys with basic training. Chad wey no get special anything dey show boko haram pepper. We too like grandstanding in this country undecided

join the army if you can do better
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

you're right. if you handle an AK, you'll know its really powerful. most of the ones i see here in the south-east have polymer alloy stock though, which shows DICON has begun upgrades
those ones are Israeli made AK74L used by police anti kidnapping and terror squard with some mobile police units too.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
ayd91:

Pics speak volume.
these are not tavor rifles,it's another bullpop rifle made in belgium
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ayd91(m): 1:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
these are not tavor rifles,it's another bullpop rifle made in belgium
My Bad... That's an FN f2000 rifle.

Here's the pics.... Courtesy http://beegeagle.

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ExInferis(m): 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
edoyad:

Of course you know he means vantage point. A shooter doesn't have to have it but like the name suggests, it gives the advantage/edge.

yep. Except "vantage point" does not always mean top-down view. When you enfilade, yeah, top-down maybe.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lordave:
The only time you've made sense to me, is today. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

I'm going to watch Strike Back season 4 for the third time because of this thread. grin

Michael Stonebridge, the most disciplined soldier to ever walk the earth, the way that dude handles guns makes me wanna join Section 20. cheesy

my guy, strike back is the best show i av ever watched !, season 5 is out nw, Strike Back Legacy, although its still running , five episodes already ! i only watched 3 ep, tho,

bros hen, that film z d bomb,

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by b2strike(m): 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

You dunce!

If they don't have the right equipment how are they expected to fight efficiently.

Stop being a moronic simpleton.
My criticism of their equipment stems from experience in the field.

my friend what do u know about phases of war,? what do u even know about internal security operations? stop saying what u don't know.cos u r big enough for prison.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by iiiyyyk(m): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
ddami:
Don't be scared BH is limited to the north and dey will be defeated there..

I' not scared Im Igboman, cos Im just thinking of the crazy consequences of this decision to Nigeria as a whole.
We all know how to make bombs, and can make better once than Boko haram when the time comes.

Some people are already very knowledgeable abaut biological weapon.
An average Igboman is naturally energetic, and can over do things.

PMB be warn. 1960 is not 2015.

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Lordave: 1:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
vickerz:

my guy, strike back is the best show i av ever watched !, season 5 is out nw, Strike Back Legacy, although its still running , five episodes already ! i only watched 3 ep, tho,

bros hen, that film z d bomb,
People say they miss Porter, I did actually, but not until I finished the first episode of Project Dawn.
Sullivan Stapleton and Phillip Winchester are the bomb, don't even wanna talk about Srgt Julia Richmond (Michelle Lukes), that babe always takes ma breathe away, love her pig tail hair style too.

I don't joke with that movie, I better wait until Legacy is completed before I start watching.

Hope say Julia Richmond continue with her role for Legacy?
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by omaji53jeremiah: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
nice .
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
ayd91:
My Bad... That's an FN f2000 rifle.
Here's the pics.... Courtesy http://beegeagle.
yeah boss

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by hadizasaf: 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
YoursGEJ:

See this monkey. You dey behind your laptop dey type rubbish. From your living room, you have figured out why boko haram is "kicking NA azzes" abi? Why you no leave your comfortable house and go to the battlefield to show them how to defeat BH?

Your type cannot cocck a common pistol yet you come NL dey form sabi sabi. Stop foaming from the mouth and get yourself treated for epilepsy. And then shut up if you cannot say a prayer for the gallant men and women who put their lives on the line so that you can sleep at night

Let's not resort to insults there is a lot of inconsistencies in your pictures,the untrained civillians may be decieved but some trained men here won't be,how can u use a sniper rifle for door to door mop up ops?how can you use tavor for open field combat ops?so we really have commandoes and snipers?why were southafrican mercenaries hired to clean up Sambisa? Or is this a subtle propanganda from some quarters? #justasking #answermaturedlyNoinsults pls
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ocelot2006(m): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
Henry240:

My friend shut up! What do you think the service rifles of the British, Chinese and a high percentage of the Israeli Armies are?".

They all use bullpup rifles!

Ibnsultaan bro, here are more photos.

THANK YOU!!! Don't mind the muppet!
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lordave:
People say they miss Porter, I did actually, but not until I finished the first episode of Project Dawn.
Sullivan Stapleton and Phillip Winchester are the bomb, don't even wanna talk about Srgt Julia Richmond (Michelle Lukes), that babe always takes ma breathe away, love her pig tail hair style too.

I don't joke with that movie, I better wait until Legacy is completed before I start watching.

Hope say Julia Richmond continue with her role for Legacy?

yh, she and scott (sullivan stapleton) are dating

i want to wait till its completed too
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ocelot2006(m): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
Freemanan:
Be scared.... He is coming....

Is Season 2 out cheesy ?
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
ocelot2006:

Is Season 2 out cheesy ?
Yeah... Episode 1&2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nasir Hassan Wagini: On My Way To Otuke To Seek For Forgiveness / Abdulrasheed Maina: Full List Of Properties, Money Owned Uncovered By EFCC / Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.