Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces (62709 Views)

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2017). / Buratai In Special Forces Uniform / Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by hadizasaf: 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Tactical boots for commando and delta force units whatsapp 08037600752

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ocelot2006(m): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mbediogu:

Israeli Tavor is more of a of a personal arm than an assault weapon. It is slightly better than a pistol. Look at distance between trigger and gunsight which is an estimate of range. EKR of Tavor cannot match that of AK 47 or FN currently in use by Nigerian forces. The gun just fine for eye. Good only for internal oppressions rather than tactical objectives.

*face-palm* good lawd.......*smh*

Bros.....the Tavor TAR 21 is an ASSAULT RIFLE (Tavor Assault Rifle 21st Century), and one of the VERY BEST in the world. It is easy to maintain, very light compared to the heavy FN-FAL, uses composite materials compared to the AK-47 wooden furniture, is FAR MORE ACCURATE than both the FN-FAL and AK-47. The rifle is equally compact enough to be used in CQB in urban warfare. So its no surprise that the Isrealis dumped their M4 assault rifle for this beast. After all, they're heavily involved in urban Ops from the West Bank to Gaza.

The FN-FAL is too long to be useful in CQB and damn too heavy. It is accurate when fired in semi-auto mode, but at full auto (like that used by the Argentines during the Falkland war) it is TOTALLY incontrollable and wildly inaccurate. And did I mention that it's too old it has been dumped by a host of countries from Belgium to the UK? That said, it can still be upgraded and used as Designated Marksman Rifle in combat. The Brazilians still use it though, but the barrel was shortened, the paratrooper foldstock adopted, lighter materials used, and the 7.62 round dumped for the smaller 5.56 round.

3 Likes

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by fr3do(m): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
Now that his principal, buhari has entered, the army is no longer ill-equipped and ill-motivated.
Hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by kellswizy(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
obviously some peeps here are qualified den most of d military mehn pls be useful to ur country volunteer ur self
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ocelot2006(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
hadizasaf:

Let's not resort to insults there is a lot of inconsistencies in your pictures,the untrained civillians may be decieved but some trained men here won't be,how can u use a sniper rifle for door to door mop up ops?how can you use tavor for open field combat ops?so we really have commandoes and snipers?why were southafrican mercenaries hired to clean up Sambisa? Or is this a subtle propanganda from some quarters? #justasking #answermaturedlyNoinsults pls

No South African mercenaries were hired to clean up Sambisa. The SA were rather involved in 3 things:

1) Provide additional tactical training

2) Build and train the 72nd Mobile Strike Force

3) Provide technical support for the new REVA MRAPs used by the 72nd MSF.

EVERY MAJOR OPERATIONS, from air strikes to infantry+Mechanized assaults, airborne assaults to covert special operations, were ALL done by the Nigerian military.

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Okijajuju1(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
400billionman:

I wonder. The length of the gun is a big disadvantage to that operation.

The length is just one reason amongst a host of others..
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Okijajuju1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
hadizasaf:

Let's not resort to insults there is a lot of inconsistencies in your pictures,the untrained civillians may be decieved but some trained men here won't be,how can u use a sniper rifle for door to door mop up ops?how can you use tavor for open field combat ops?so we really have commandoes and snipers?why were southafrican mercenaries hired to clean up Sambisa? Or is this a subtle propanganda from some quarters? #justasking #answermaturedlyNoinsults pls

Why is the Tavor not a good field weapon?

They both have their merits and demerits..

Checkout this link for a full comparison between the AK47 and the Tavor 21.. http://guns.gearsuite.com/compare/19-1411/Kalashnikov-AK-47-7-62-x-39mm-Soviet-vs-Israel-Weapon-Industries-Tavor-TAR-21-5-56mm-NATO
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ocelot2006(m): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Freemanan:

Yeah... Episode 1&2

Yes ooooooooohhh!!!!! grin
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by charlos14: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
ocelot2006:

Congratulations bros. You've won the DUMBASS post of the week. So Isreali units like Golani, Egoz, and co that have replaced their GALIL and M4 assault rifles with Tavor TAR 21s are stupid abi? You do know that the Tavor is an assault rifle, right? I equally guess that the Australians and Austrians who use the Steyr Aug Bullpup assault rifle, or the Chinese with their Type-95s are equally fools for using those.

BTW, what the hell is a "field range rifle"? The G-36 in the hands of that SPANISH Marine (the Germans were not involved in the exercise held a year/2 ago) is an ASSAULT RIFLE. Unless you're referring to a Designated Marksman Rifle.
He must be one of those israel hating fool. Your critisim is been blinded by your hatred my friend.

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

You are indeed a slowpoke.

A Sniper covers from a "bird" location where he can have a complete aerial view from where he provides rear cover and recon to troops engaged in the battle zone.

I think you should watch the movie "american sniper"
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
who took this thread to the front page ,now typical NLanders have spoilt the objective discussions we were having.
wlh
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lordave:
The only time you've made sense to me, is today. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

I'm going to watch Strike Back season 4 for the third time because of this thread. grin

Michael Stonebridge, the most disciplined soldier to ever walk the earth, the way that dude handles guns makes me wanna join Section 20. cheesy
How is Stonebridge the most disciplined soldier? Is it because he doesn't fvck like Scott? "Copy that?"
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by nasty45(m): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Una sabi gun here sha *whew
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by natedalo: 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2572632_107272147144103886439691086886218n_jpeg02945d62d1b7ebb54b529a5569375715

Another retardo

You don't use Bullpups assault rifles in field combat

The IWI Tavor SAR being carried by the Nigerian Naval team is best used in small confined spaces and not in open field.

The German Soldier is operating with the right field range weapon.

No wonder Boko is kicking their azzes
Please explain why bullpups should not be used in field combat because the last time i checked the isrealis were planning on making the imi tavor their standard issue.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by natedalo: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mbediogu:

Israeli Tavor is more of a of a personal arm than an assault weapon. It is slightly better than a pistol. Look at distance between trigger and gunsight which is an estimate of range. EKR of Tavor cannot match that of AK 47 or FN currently in use by Nigerian forces. The gun just fine for eye. Good only for internal oppressions rather than tactical objectives.
Please read about the tavor before passing judgement. That weapon is very accurate and reliable. The bullpup design meaning the trigger assembly is in front of the magazine allows for a long barrel in a compact weapon with the long barrel providing good accuracy in a compact weapon.

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by teabully(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
And why do our Armed forces perform below par with all dis above trainings. Smh for the our Ogas @ d top. Nice pix though.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by sonofspada(m): 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
CSTR2:
Prove evidence?
lol.
You must be a novice.

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Lordave: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

How is Stonebridge the most disciplined soldier? Is it because he doesn't fvck like Scott? "Copy that?"
Yeah, I do.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

Dude, learn to appreciate. Government doesn't buy weapons and you complain, they buy and you still complain. and FYI, bullpups are also used by the Isreali military, and don't say shii about their not being used in open areas. Yes, they are best used in short range but remember, these are navy Special Boat Squad operatives, keyword here, BOAT= confined space. Your two previous comments here are just hate speeches. please stop hating, it does you more harm than good
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by dayo23(f): 6:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
zeestunner:

America with all their drones,military hardware and everythings they've got including the f-16's and shit ran away frm iraq and afganistan anr are afraid to join the isis war. U see terrorism is a very dificult type or warfare and it takes a long time to finish. So bros abeg nigerian army don over try sef if u compare there budget,weapons,technology,training even alawee sef with western armies most especially d US army.
Stop saying trash boy, majority of ISIS/Al-Queda top commandants are still been killed by U.S Delta force and Airforce, 2ndly you don't expect U.S to deploy it Military to a sovereign state, the Arab world are against U.S deploying forces to there region, most of those Mission carried out by delta force/Navy Seal are covered operation (Dark). Beside have u heard terrorist capturing U.S territory? That is impossible bro. Rag tag team Boko haram were humiliating our so called celebrated military force in our own land even taking over our territory, chasing our Armies like puppet, and u here saying trash.
The truth is most of our Military lacks counter terrorism tactics, sadly na unqualified abokis full their pass, people qualified ain't giving the job. Nigeria military are substandard, overhyped, weak and unprofessional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lordave:
Yeah, I do.
Damien Scott is fearless. He and Michael Stonebridge are just like a set of twins.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by dayo23(f): 6:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

Boko Haram ain't COMMON. terrorism isn't something you can just defeat. Check out the US and all the countries where they've been fighting terrorism and tell me if they've curbed it in any of the countries. you really have to give credit to these guys. they've done much more that the US have ever done. the US has the heaviest military budget in the world, more than that of half of all countries in Africa combined but see what Al Qaeda did to them, even when AL Qaeda was still a fledgling. Our military changed the tides of the war immediately they got better equipment and ammunition, if they get more, they'll still do better. me sincerely believe that if given the opportunity, we'll have the best military in the world

dayo23:
Stop saying trash boy, majority of ISIS/Al-Queda top commandants are still been killed by U.S Delta force and Airforce, 2ndly you don't expect U.S to deploy it Military to a sovereign state, the Arab world are against U.S deploying forces to there region, most of those Mission carried out by delta force/Navy Seal are covered operation (Dark). Beside have u heard terrorist capturing U.S territory? That is impossible bro. Rag tag team Boko haram were humiliating our so called celebrated military force in our own land even taking over our territory, chasing our Armies like puppet, and u here saying trash.
The truth is most of our Military lacks counter terrorism tactics, sadly na unqualified abokis full their pass, people qualified ain't giving the job. Nigeria military are substandard, overhyped, weak and unprofessional.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
Why is everyone forming Security experts here when BH are up there maiming a lot of Nigerians
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Lordave: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Damien Scott is fearless. He and Michael Stonebridge are just like a set of twins.
Who's your favourite character between them?
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lordave:
Who's your favourite character between them?
I find it difficult to pick. But I feel Damien Scott is more experienced. He is a conventional soldier like Michael Stonebridge, who convinced him to join Section 20. He was a CIA agent and a contract killer.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Lordave: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I find it difficult to pick. But I feel Damien Scott is more experienced. He is a conventional soldier like Michael Stonebridge, who convinced him to join Section 20. He was a CIA agent and a contract killer.
I can hardly pick one out also, but I would choose Scott too.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lordave:
I can hardly pick one out also, but I would choose Scott too.
He is more experienced than Stonebridge, having worked for different organizations. When there was need for Section 20 to be revived, Stonebridge who is a Briton, had to look for Scott.
Though I have watched all the seasons upto season 4, I'm currently watching 3 again.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by chronique(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
Exactly. But I thought ibnsultan is in the military;how come he doesn't know his compatriots in the secret service,use the TAVOR?
ayd91:

Pics speak volume.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by bigtt76(f): 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
That's exactly what am saying, using his hands rather than his feet to jab open the door is risky and would not give him enough recovery time to swing back into action.

PerfectlyPerfect:

Babe when breaching a door, the person who opens the door isn't usually the person who goes in first. you open from the side while your colleague who has been standing in front of the door goes in first. standard military tactics. if you go in first, you're more likely to take a bullet if theres a hostile in the room
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by udomma1005(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
YoursGEJ:

You are such a slow poke for calling one who has better field combat skills a monkey & to argue wat u dont have de faintest idea of ,dat commentator is vast wit battle tactics in de field. Those bullpops assault rifle showed in dat pix is only used for close range protective cover,that is why you see it being carried by the DSS(formerly SSS),dont bark wen got no teeth,let de real dogs bark,I'm tested & trusted & a survivor of Mubi Operation Avalanche,so no just start spew nonsense !

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ZITRAN: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
kellswizy:
obviously some peeps here are qualified den most of d military mehn pls be useful to ur country volunteer ur self
i wud hv loved buh the facilities at NDA dnt enable more than 175 candidates yearly
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
chronique:
Exactly. But I thought ibnsultan is in the military;how come he doesn't know his compatriots in the secret service,use the TAVOR?
I was only informing the young man that other services also use the TAVOR

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Donald Duke ''Staring'' At Omotola At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday (photo) / Peter Obi Portrait Being Drawn at Arroma Flyover, Awka By Gov Soludo(video) / How Rochas Okorocha Was Arrested & His Convoy Destroyed (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.