Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (239700 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by kachiz(m): 10:52am On May 20, 2016
dbay01:

I will find out time to write comprehensively on the procedures soonest. Meanwhile u can send me a pm if u have specific questions. Have a great day ahead.

I sent you a PM
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 11:06am On May 20, 2016
kachiz:

I sent you a PM
Replied
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 25, 2016
My bosses in the house why is there so much silence in the house. Please keep us update oh. I will be going to the embassy next week Monday.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 11:33am On May 26, 2016
namebdis4:
My bosses in the house why is there so much silence in the house. Please keep us update oh. I will be going to the embassy next week Monday.

Good luck bro... Waiting for my annexe 32, and also the letter from language school on my way to Abuja anyway... Wish you the best
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 26, 2016
Safe trip bro

fikki1:

Good luck bro... Waiting for my annexe 32, and also the letter from language school on my way to Abuja anyway... Wish you the best
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 06, 2016
Hello house what's up??
namebdis4:
Safe trip bro

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Kbright39: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
Please bosses in the house, I would like to know if Erasmus students can work in Belgium? because I will be going to KU Leaven Brussel Campus for my Erasmus.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by WhyNa: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2016
Kbright39:
Please bosses in the house, I would like to know if Erasmus students can work in Belgium? because I will be going to KU Leaven Brussel Campus for my Erasmus.

Yes you work for up to 15 hours per week
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 09, 2016
Bro WhyNa, how are you? I hope all I well. Where are you my brother. Could please throw more Belgian visa application. Will be happy to read from you. Stay blessed.
WhyNa:

Yes you work for up to 15 hours per week
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by WhyNa: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2016
namebdis4:
Bro WhyNa, how are you? I hope all I well. Where are you my brother. Could please throw more Belgian visa application. Will be happy to read from you. Stay blessed.

Sorry bro, I don't know anything about the Belgium visa, I just know about Erasmus Mundus scholarship
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ok that is fine. Accept greetings from. This end.
WhyNa:

Sorry bro, I don't know anything about the Belgium visa, I just know about Erasmus Mundus scholarship
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 8:48am On Jun 18, 2016
Hello house,

I have an admission to study msc in biotect and biochem in KU Leuven by sept 2016.
I have received the financial attestation letter from the school and about to start visa application.
Pls i need guidance on how to proceed with the visa application. Also, how do we legalize police report?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 18, 2016
congrats. You do not need to legalize any police clearance report. Please what sort of financial attestation letter did you receive from KU Leuven. is it a hand copy you receive or an email attachment. For visa application try and read well what is required on the embassy website. also bros fikki1 and tunde will help throw more lights about visa application from Nigeria. I am currently not in Nigeria and won't be apply from there so i cant tell how it happens there, though the requirements are similar. I hope this helps. stay blessed.
Banta:
Hello house,

I have an admission to study msc in biotect and biochem in KU Leuven by sept 2016.
I have received the financial attestation letter from the school and about to start visa application.
Pls i need guidance on how to proceed with the visa application. Also, how do we legalize police report?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Banta:
Hello house,

Good one bro, which one is financial attestation? Anyway ... All ur educational cert must be legalised, all official documents included, even d character report, cos d ministry of foreign affairs have to certify the signature. And note, you can only apply if u intend to leave in 3months time. Any other info you need just ask, though we are just about applying for visa too, I was at the service centre for application submission on Thursday but I was asked to wait 3months to date of departure and it takes a month to decide. Never d less all info needed are on vfs global site.. Anything else lets know, we are here to help eachoda.. Enjoy the weekend
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Fikki1 he can drop his application for visa now since he is starting in September 2016. Hope you understand.

Shalom

fikki1:

Good one bro, which one is financial attestation? Anyway ... All ur educational cert must be legalised, all official documents included, even d character report, cos d ministry of foreign affairs have to certify the signature. And note, you can only apply if u intend to leave in 3months time. Any other info you need just ask, though we are just about applying for visa too, I was at the service centre for application submission on Thursday but I was asked to wait 3months to date of departure and it takes a month to decide. Never d less all info needed are on vfs global site.. Anything else lets know, we are here to help eachoda.. Enjoy the weekend
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
namebdis4:
Fikki1 he can drop his application for visa now since he is starting in September 2016. Hope you understand.

Shalom

Do u know when he intends to travel? Am only saying dat so he will put it into consideration wen he wants to apply...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 3:08am On Jun 19, 2016
he stated he will start the course in September 2016 therefore he will travel any time from August to September. Calculating from now to September ending it is three months. Hence he can drop his visa application now.
fikki1:

Do u know when he intends to travel? Am only saying dat so he will put it into consideration wen he wants to apply...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nerressa: 10:00am On Jun 19, 2016
Banta:
Hello house,

how much is their fees? and how did you go about the application?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by CCsurplus007(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hello All! Please I need an urgent advice. I would explain my case briefly.

I have been following this thread for a while and was also preparing my documents because I was expecting a decision from the European Union concerning Erasmus Mundus scholarship. I was unsuccessful as at then. Fortunately, almost the same time I got the rejection I won a scholarship from the Swedish Institute and have submitted my application for visa. I got a mail yesterday from the coordinator of the Erasmus Mundus program informing me that I have been reconsidered and selected for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. In the mail, she said would be sending me the official documents as soon as possible and that there is no guarantee I would secure the visa but that they would do all they can by writing to the embassy and all. While both offers are very good, I am disposed to the Erasmus offer. Now my queries are;

1. Is it still possible to secure a Belgian visa given the time frame and also considering the fact if I would go for the offer, I would be submitting my documents in July(second week at the latest) ? The school resumes on the 19th of September . The risk here is that if I wait till September for the Belgian visa, It would automatically mean I would forfeit the Swedish offer because I should be in Sweden mid August . Also since there is no guarantee of securing the visa like the coordinator said, I would have lost both offers if I don't get a response from Belgium embassy before the 10th of Sept.The other option which I don't know if it's possible leads to point 2.

2. I would be getting my Swedish study visa soon( I understand that it is a schenghen visa) can I use it to enter Belgium then apply for residence permit there?

The gurus in the house should please shed more light. Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by CCsurplus007(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
How much do they charge to legalise documents in Abuja?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by WhyNa: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
CCsurplus007:
Hello All! Please I need an urgent advice. I would explain my case briefly.

I have been following this thread for a while and was also preparing my documents because I was expecting a decision from the European Union concerning Erasmus Mundus scholarship. I was unsuccessful as at then. Fortunately, almost the same time I got the rejection I won a scholarship from the Swedish Institute and have submitted my application for visa. I got a mail yesterday from the coordination of the Erasmus Mundus program informing me that I have been reconsidered and selected for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. In the mail, she said would be sending me the official documents as soon as possible and that there is no guarantee I would secure the visa but that they would do all they can by writing to the embassy and all. While both offers are very good, I am disposed to the Erasmus offer. Now my queries are;

1. Is it still possible to secure a Belgian visa given the time frame and also considering the fact if I would go for the offer, I would be submitting my documents in July(second week at the latest) ? The school resumes on the 19th of September . The risk here is that if I wait till September for the Belgian visa, It would automatically mean I would forfeit the Swedish offer because I should be in Sweden mid August . Also since there is no guarantee of securing the visa like the coordinator said, I would have lost both offers if I don't get a response from Belgium embassy before the 10th of Sept.The other option which I don't know if it's possible leads to point 2.

2. I would be getting my Swedish study visa soon( I understand that it is a schenghen visa) can I use it to enter Belgium then apply for residence permit there?

The gurus in the house should please shed more light. Thanks

Congrats on your Erasmus scholarship. I'd choose the Erasmus scholarship in a heartbeat. However, considering the things stated above, I'd still say you go for Erasmus.

From the knowledge I have, no Erasmus awardee has been rejected at the embassy. Moreso, if you go for Erasmus, you'd be issued a schengen visa too. The law was passed a couple of weeks ago.

Moreso, as an Erasmus awardee, a lot of opportunities are opened to you and getting a job and residency afterwards isn't a problem.

But then, it's up to you. Once again, congratulations. What course were you admitted to?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Please wait for your Swedish visa first. After that you can apply for your Belgian visa. Since you are going for a scholarship, you will be granted the visa and it won't take much time for the visa to be issued. Congrats

WhyNa:

Congrats on your Erasmus scholarship. I'd choose the Erasmus scholarship in a heartbeat. However, considering the things stated above, I'd still say you go for Erasmus.

From the knowledge I have, no Erasmus awardee has been rejected at the embassy. Moreso, if you go for Erasmus, you'd be issued a schengen visa too. The law was passed a couple of weeks ago.

Moreso, as an Erasmus awardee, a lot of opportunities are opened to you and getting a job and residency afterwards isn't a problem.

But then, it's up to you. Once again, congratulations. What course were you admitted to?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by CCsurplus007(m): 2:52am On Jun 23, 2016
namebdis4:
Please wait for your Swedish visa first. After that you can apply for your Belgian visa. Since you are going for a scholarship, you will be granted the visa and it won't take much time for the visa to be issued. Congrats

Thank you. Like approximately how long would it take to secure the visa?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by CCsurplus007(m): 2:54am On Jun 23, 2016
WhyNa:

Thank you. I was admitted to Emerald-Georesources Engineering.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 2:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Maximum, one month
CCsurplus007:

Thank you. Like approximately how long would it take to secure the visa?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by CCsurplus007(m): 3:05am On Jun 23, 2016
namebdis4:
Maximum, one month

Oh really! I guess things have changed then. I read on earlier pages on this thread that it takes up to 3 months or more. I also downloaded some stuffs from vfs website and it was stated that it may take up to 4 months that got me scared.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 23, 2016
not really. The issue is if your documents (especially documents proofing you financial means) are not okay the processing will take a longer time since they will need need time to verify them. However since you got a scholarship it wont take much time since they scholarship office will be in direct contact with them embassy an they will proof documents they need about your solvency. Which University are you going to?
CCsurplus007:

Oh really! I guess things have changed then. I read on earlier pages on this thread that it takes up to 3 months or more. I also downloaded some stuffs from vfs website and it was stated that it may take up to 4 months that got me scared.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by kcluv2men(m): 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by CCsurplus007(m): 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
namebdis4:
not really. The issue is if your documents (especially documents proofing you financial means) are not okay the processing will take a longer time since they will need need time to verify them. However since you got a scholarship it wont take much time since they scholarship office will be in direct contact with them embassy an they will proof documents they need about your solvency. Which University are you going to?

University of Liege, Belgium.
University of Lorraine,France.
Lulea University of Technology,Sweden.
Technical University of Mining and Technology Freiberg, Germany. University of Liege is the coordinator of the program and thats where i would be spending my first semester.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 24, 2016
Ok good
CCsurplus007:

Technical University of Mining and Technology Freiberg, Germany. University of Liege is the coordinator of the program and thats where i would be spending my first semester.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Mille: 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2016
CCsurplus007:

Please I need help

I'm going for Erasmus also. Though as a self-funding student. According to my mobility track which I selected based on my specialization, My tracks are as follows;

University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj Napoca, Romania. 1st semester
University of Kassel and Fulda University of Applied Sciences both in Germany. 2nd
ISARA-LYON, France. 3rd

The last semester is a internship/master thesis and they say it should be done in a country that I haven't studied before which automatically means Ghent University, Belgium or Arrhus University, Denmark. Though they have agreed to let me do it in either Germany or France.

I want to know if it's possible to get a stay in Belgium after spending the last semester there. Like maybe a year to get a job.

The lure of studying in one of Ughent or Arrhus is too much to bear. The 6th and 7th best in the world in my chosen subject.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.