Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238054 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by FarEl18: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2023
Please can anybody help with the updated process for legalization at the Belgian embassy. It seems like they've scrapped e-legalization and I am based in Lagos. Meaning I might have to travel to Abuja. Can anybody please help me? Also the process to certify my certificate/transcript at the Ministry of Education or Foreign Affairs.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Hollakiub009: 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2023
Sirgilbz:
Good morning everyone. I got admission in Ghent and Antwerp. I used my cousin's statement of account as proof of sponsorship during my application. My cousin is actually based in Nigeria and I don't know if I did the right thing. Should I legalize the statement of account and use it for visa application or what should I do. I need urgent explanations on this sponsorship thing. Can a sponsor be based here in Nigeria ?

Congrats to you. I greet you bros. Please will also need all the help I can get. Still on my application process though.

Also if anyone have any group I can be added, I will be sincerely grateful

Number is 08067796976, name is olatunbosun. Thank y'all
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Dgabby01: 1:50am On Nov 23, 2023
Please if anyone has any group I can be added to ... Here's my number

+2349018442994
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Amicable22: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
mekstaniac:

I just got admitted there

Were you able to pay/manoeuvre the $5,100 admission deposit?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Mckenmasters: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2023
munachieze:
Hello everyone.
I recently got accepted into the University of Antwerp and I must say that I have gained valuable info on this thread while I have been processing my documents these past weeks.
Thank you all.

Please I need a little clarity on sponsorship. I want to use my brother in the US as my sponsor. He has been able to gather all required documents for the legalisation of Annex 32 (proof of financial support)...with the exception of proof of family tie.

Here's an excerpt from the website of the Belgian Embassy in the US...

- proof of family ties between the student and the sponsor: original birth certificates with an apostille for American documents or (if needed) legalization from both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country of birth as well as a legalization from the Belgian representation in your country of birth.
Please contact the Belgian representation in your country of birth to inquire about the legalization procedure.

This would mean my brother would have to send his birth certificate to Nigeria, and have it authenticated and legalised (alongside mine), and then have them sent back to him. That would take a considerable amount of time which I am worried that I don't have.
Is there maybe another way to go about proving family ties?

Did anyone here who had a sponsor in the US go through this?

And lastly, does a sponsor have to be a close relative? Can a family friend sponsor someone? I have a family friend in Belgium and I read somewhere that sponsors in Belgium don't have to prove family ties.

Please I would love to get some info about this. The ones I've been gathering online have been somewhat contradictory. The Embassies are not helping as well, as they have not been responding to my mails.

Thank you very much.

Hello beautiful people I have a question
I am a Nigerian who lives in armenia came here to do masters in management and I want to do a masters 2 in vub university in Belgium.
My docs have been authenticated at min of edu in Abuja do I still need to legalize to apply to universities ? And also how much is proof of funds for visa application and can I use my family friend who is a Belguim citizen as part sponsor example , maybe I show 4000 euros in my own account then I submit his own account for like 10,000 euros .
Please anyone with info can reply to this thank you and God bless
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by IFEMER: 7:57am On Jan 22
Mckenmasters:

I am a Nigerian who lives in armenia came here to do masters in management and I want to do a masters 2 in vub university in Belgium.
My docs have been authenticated at min of edu in Abuja do I still need to legalize to apply to universities ? And also how much is proof of funds for visa application and can I use my family friend who is a Belguim citizen as part sponsor example , maybe I show 4000 euros in my own account then I submit his own account for like 10,000 euros .

I will really appreciate it if you can reply my mail, I really need information on Armenia and your help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nicholasguzy: 7:53am On Jan 24
Hello. I’d love to ask a question regarding this. I got married to a Belgian citizen late last year and I’ll love to start the whole paper process but I’m unsure of the best route to start the whole thing. Please I’ll appreciate if you can shine more light on this on how to start. Thanks
optimusprime2:

This situation is tricky and wholly depends on your academic funding source... but most importantly try to understand that Belgium is not like the US, UK and the likes when it comes to dependent spouses on a study permit. Your spouse is also to be given a long stay D visa, which means he/she has to apply wholly for a long stay alongside your own application... basically everything (apart from academic enrolment) that you submit, he/she has to submit too.

Now the tricky part as I mentioned earlier, lies on "Funding". Tricky in the sense that; your spouse should not give an isolated form of funding, it has to be connected to you-Because you are the one who is going for studies not your spouse. Based on that, your spouse shouldn't submit an isolated Annex32 or blocked account without it being connected to you.

If you are on a Flemish scholarship, then it's almost not possible to attach a dependent based on agreements/undertakings "You" sign that pertains to you as the sole benefactor of a scholarship.

(If done together)
If you use an annex 32, asides the fact that a lot of Authenticated and legalised paperwork has to be provided to support the application, please note that the financial requirements for the guarantor become double the value, i.e 800Euros/month x 2.
However that's only one side of the coin, even if the financials are met, it might be permitted but not guaranteed- if your spouse does not justify a credible reason why he/she needs to accompany you (remember you submit your enrolment letter for the Annex 32, your spouse also needs to submit a written letter alongside marriage
Documents requesting to accompany you)

(If done together)
Most likely, a blocked account (about 20,000Euros if I am not mistaken) is more advised in this instance as the paperwork required would not be as super-sized as the Annex32. However your spouse would still need a covering letter regardless.

In my opinion I advise your spouse to also apply for an academic program and tag along with you, as since the requirements for the visa application will be almost the same thing for both of you, why not go for a value added option for your spouse?

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Opamercy10: 2:07am On Jan 31
Sirgilbz:
Good morning everyone. I got admission in Ghent and Antwerp. I used my cousin's statement of account as proof of sponsorship during my application. My cousin is actually based in Nigeria and I don't know if I did the right thing. Should I legalize the statement of account and use it for visa application or what should I do. I need urgent explanations on this sponsorship thing. Can a sponsor be based here in Nigeria ?

Hello Boss,
Please, have you completed this process?
I just gained admission to Ghent too and I'd be glad if I can get assistance with the steps to take
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Annie2059: 1:54pm On Feb 01
Pls does anyone know how I can transfer money at good rate from my local naira account to a foreign account abroad?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by iyb(m): 10:59pm On Feb 07
Annie2059:
Pls does anyone know how I can transfer money at good rate from my local naira account to a foreign account abroad?
Send by flutterwave

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Guruindahouse(m): 3:34pm On Mar 04
Is there anyone in Belgium that can tell us about work as a student. Is it that difficult to get any form of job for a start as a student? What are the requirements to get post study permit after your study? Do we need block accounts for the visa? Is there opportunity to get tech(Data Analytics) jobs without proficiency in their languages?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Sociology5555: 2:51am On Mar 18
Anyone schooling in ugent
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by chidosky4ril: 8:08pm On Apr 04
Hello everyone,

I'm seeking advice regarding my student visa application for KU Leuven University for entry in September 2024. A family friend who owns a company in the US has offered to provide a scholarship document to cover my living expenses in Belgium. I'd like to know the feasibility of obtaining a visa with these scholarship documents: e.g., scholarship award letter, company registration documents in the United States, scholarship agreement, and the company's bank statement in the United States, which details all allowances provided to cover the required amount (Euro 13,000). Since there's no direct family relationship, I understand the Annex 32 form wouldn't be applicable.

Do the scholarship documents need to be legalized with the Belgian Embassy in the US before being sent to me or just the documents as provided to me by the company (not legalised) before I submit them for my visa application in Nigeria??

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated to avoid potential errors and visa denials.

Thank you!

Chidi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 5:44pm On Apr 10
Student jobs are available and easy to get in Belgium especially in the Flanders region. You work 20 hours a week, but can work more hours during the holidays

Belgium gives you 1 year after your studies to look for a job. The requirements are similar to what you need to get your permit: Insurance, proof of funds, Belgium degree certificate etc. I believe are the main ones. You can search for more details online just Google "zoekjaar Belgium"

For the Belgium study visa you need one of the three: blocked account, Annexe 32 (Sponsorship) or Scholarship

Learning the language is always advantageous. Getting a job without knowing the language depends on your experience, what you studied, skills and certificates you have etc

Guruindahouse:
Is there anyone in Belgium that can tell us about work as a student. Is it that difficult to get any form of job for a start as a student? What are the requirements to get post study permit after your study? Do we need block accounts for the visa? Is there opportunity to get tech(Data Analytics) jobs without proficiency in their languages?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 5:50pm On Apr 10
Concerning legalisation of documents for admission, that depends on your school. If they request that you legalise your documents then you have to. If they don't or they give an alternative to legalisation then you also follow that.
However for the visa application, you must legalise your documents

For POF, you can't do half and half. You have to use one if the three options: Blocked account, Sponsorship (Annexe 32) or Scholarship

Mckenmasters:

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by chidosky4ril: 7:55pm On Apr 13
DeeKeem:
Concerning legalisation of documents for admission, that depends on your school. If they request that you legalise your documents then you have to. If they don't or they give an alternative to legalisation then you also follow that.

For POF, you can't do half and half. You have to use one if the three options: Blocked account, Sponsorship (Annexe 32) or Scholarship

Are scholarship documents e.g.,. scholarship documents from a US-based company to an international student (applicant) required to be legalized at the originating country (US) before submitting for visa application by the applicant? The scholarship documents include a scholarship award letter, company registration documents in the United States, a scholarship agreement, and the company's bank statement in the United States, which details all allowances provided to cover the required amount.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by chidosky4ril: 7:59pm On Apr 13
Are scholarship documents e.g.,. scholarship documents from a US-based company to an international student (applicant) required to be legalized at the originating country (US) before submitting for visa application by the applicant? The scholarship documents include a scholarship award letter, company registration documents in the United States, a scholarship agreement, and the company's bank statement in the United States, which details all allowances provided to cover the required amount.

DeeKeem:

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Konphido(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16
chidosky4ril:
Hello everyone,

I'm seeking advice regarding my student visa application for KU Leuven University for entry in September 2024.

Thank you!

Chidi

Please Chidi, I would like to ask questions about KU Leuven, I am also interersted in their program for September 2024. kindly respond to my mail. Thank You so much.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by chidosky4ril: 10:28pm On Apr 16
Konphido:

Please Chidi, I would like to ask questions about KU Leuven, I am also interersted in their program for September 2024. kindly respond to my mail. Thank You so much.

Feel free to ask your questions

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.