Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship (15827 Views)

List Of Schools That Their Post-UTME Form Is Out / ASUU Strike: Detailed List Of Schools That Have Joined / Admission 2016: List Of Schools That Have Released Admission List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
manlygroup:
That is a nice information.Educative and informative.
in the affirmative
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
cool
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Ayietim(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
Today, no matter what, make up your mind, to go for success, happiness and everything that makes you feel fine- #Quote.
http://ayietim.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by bioda: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
I think FUT Akure does too......
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Godskidmidas(m): 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
fratermathy:

Graduate Assistantship is similar but different to Teaching Assistantship. While one is offered upon graduation, the other is offered upon Masters/PhD admission.
Offered on admission? I don't know about that oo. What I know is that at a point in their studies -before they finish - they begin to lecture

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by mojazee: 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
And unto us a child is born. Oshe baba.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by fratermathy(m): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
Godskidmidas:

Offered on admission? I don't know about that oo. What I know is that at a point in their studies -before they finish - they begin to lecture
No, I didn't mean immediately after admission. I meant that the student must have been admitted first before he is awarded.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by linsa01(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ekiti State University does. But no pay oo
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by fratermathy(m): 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
linsa01:
Ekiti State University does. But no pay oo
Then what's the need? grin
Anyhow some people would still do it just for the experience sha.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Godskidmidas(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
fratermathy:

No, I didn't mean immediately after admission. I meant that the student must have been admitted first before he is awarded.
If that's what you talking about, then it happens in uniben
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by ipreach: 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO DISCOVER ME
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by royalfly(m): 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
i have a 3.87 in my msc and i need to know if i can get a phd admission in uniben or unilag
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
UNAAB
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by sexymonkey(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
royalfly:
i have a 3.87 in my msc and i need to know if i can get a phd admission in uniben or unilag
I think it's 4.0 and above.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Venom104: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
How does one go about getting these positions ??
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Rhoteabarca(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
D Premier University, UI leads!
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by obynoses(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rubbish list....You did not mention the best. NATIONAL TEACHERS INSTITUTE KADUNA. It is and shall remain the best.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by daftpikin: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
fratermathy:

Some schools just dont like offering it maybe because they are well staffed and need no assistance or it may be an issue of policy and quality assurance.

You rep unilorin I guess
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Omoocash(m): 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
I enjoyed that of Unilag. #180k Per semester and #360k Per session. GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT GTA or simply call TA Teaching Assistant . It was great to be part of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Omoocash(m): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
bioda:
I think FUT Akure does too......

Are u sure ? Am interested in FUTA own. I just obtained my PhD for 2015/16. I enjoyed that of Unilag. I will also like to enjoy that of FUTA. I will find out if they give out TA.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by rkarang: 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Omoocash:

Are u sure ? Am interested in FUTA own. I just obtained my PhD for 2015/16. I enjoyed that of Unilag. I will also like to enjoy that of FUTA. I will find out if they give out TA.

How many PHDs do you want to bag now
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Femsyn(m): 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
Yes! The op is right! Got 360k (180k per semester) and 50% school fee waiver from the University of Lagos, as a Masters degree student last year.

Although, prerequisite is 2nd Class Upper and above in 1st degree.

Looking forward to that of U.I.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Giov: 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
royalfly:
Unilag accepts from 4.00 upwards for a Ph.d. 3.87 can only get u an M.phil. Buh I tink u can get a Ph.d with ur grade in UI though.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Omoocash(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
Giov:
Unilag accepts from 4.00 upwards for a Ph.d. 3.87 can only get u an M.phil. Buh I tink u can get a Ph.d with ur grade in UI though.

Are u sure U.I can take 3.87 for PhD direct., If possible I May think otherwise. I have 3.76 that was why I went to FUTA because FUTA takes 3.50 . This day schools are upgrading to 4.00
For example, UNN was 3.50 for PhD as at last year but this year is 4.00 For entrance and other universities are trying to follow suit.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Omoocash(m): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
rkarang:

How many PHDs do you want to bag now
It wasn't PhD but Master's degree at Unilag. Is now am applying for PhD.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Omoocash(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
royalfly:

@ Unilag , U will do M.Phil/PhD
also like@ U.I and O.A.U
but try to make your findings .
I have gone to U.I and O A U for my own findings .
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by rkarang: 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
Omoocash:

It wasn't PhD but Master's degree at Unilag. Is now am applying for PhD.

Alright! You're a great dude, I'm wishing you success in your career.

BTW, how did you get em?
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by dom(m): 2:37am On Jul 01, 2015
this is one of the most matured threads i've seen here recently. Congrats You all. Left U.I in 2002 but couldnt do my LL.M up till now cos job took me straight to Abuja and you know how mediocre the sorrounding universities are. Hopefully i'll take a study leave and commence the LL.M this year, make a Ph.D grade and try catch up with you guys. Cheers, men.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Topkush: 6:19am On Jul 02, 2015
plowret:
Disappointed unilorin is not there
I can confirm that UNILORIN also awards this teacher assistanship to msc student
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by topygel: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2015
I'm surprised when guys said UI pays Teaching Assistance, we were only given stipends for marking, conducting practicals but feeds us for invigilating and no pay at all for teaching (tutorial classes). I wondered where you guys get paid like that of Unilag guys. well, may be is only my department that does that.
There are enough lecturers in Ui, they only call us to handle tutorials.
If that's the case, can 5.14 out 7.00 be offered PH.D directly in Unilag? Your answer will go a long way. thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Important Things To Take Note When Registering For Post UTME 2018 / Which Science Course Can Someone Apply Without Writing Physics In Jamb / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.