Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship (15822 Views)

List Of Schools That Their Post-UTME Form Is Out / ASUU Strike: Detailed List Of Schools That Have Joined / Admission 2016: List Of Schools That Have Released Admission List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Omoocash(m): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2015
topygel:
I'm surprised when guys said UI pays Teaching Assistance, we were only given stipends for marking, conducting practicals but feeds us for invigilating and no pay at all for teaching (tutorial classes). I wondered where you guys get paid like that of Unilag guys. well, may be is only my department that does that.
There are enough lecturers in Ui, they only call us to handle tutorials.
If that's the case, can 5.14 out 7.00 be offered PH.D directly in Unilag? Your answer will go a long way. thank you.

Kindly calculate your 5.14 if is above 60% which most school agitating for. moreover, visit the department of your choice and try and see the HOD or PG coordinator . I wish you best of Luck.
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by topygel: 3:29am On Jul 10, 2015
Yes, thank you, it's above 60% I will do that
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
Omoocash:
I enjoyed that of Unilag. #180k Per semester and #360k Per session. GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT GTA or simply call TA Teaching Assistant . It was great to be part of it.

i just got admitted into unilag for a masters degree. Please, how do i apply for a GTA, I had a cgpa of 4.29 in my BA
Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by fratermathy(m): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
fayvableu:

i just got admitted into unilag for a masters degree. Please, how do i apply for a GTA, I had a cgpa of 4.29 in my BA

Meet with your departmental PG Coordinator and/or HOD to discuss the requisites and to know if the department usually takes GTA. Then goto PG School and ask the Secretary for a form to fill. After that, you may be asked to attend an interview and if you perform well, you'd be taken. Although it's very competitive and be prepared to compete with alot of First class holders and those with higher CGPAs. I wish you goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
fratermathy:

Meet with your departmental PG Coordinator and/or HOD to discuss the requisites and to know if the department usually takes GTA. Then goto PG School and ask the Secretary for a form to fill. After that, you may be asked to attend an interview and if you perform well, you'd be taken. Although it's very competitive and be prepared to compete with alot of First class holders and those with higher CGPAs. I wish you goodluck.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Threatens Strike If FG Fails To Sign Draft Renegotiated Agreement / Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU / Which Science Course Can Someone Apply Without Writing Physics In Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.