Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities (39659 Views)

Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others / FG May Redeploy North-east Troops To N’delta / Confusion Trails Arrest Of N’delta Militants By Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by MrFairplay4ume(m): 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
aminho:
buhari just did 1 month in power how cn he cancel 2 months salary?

Ask them just pained they lost election
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by erudean: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
Let them appeal to Obama to wade in. Obama and Cameron are the only ppl Buhari listens to.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by sweatlana: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
importexpert:
nice move. let their be equal benefit for all nigerians

Where are u from?

Do the ijaws share equal benefits from lagos ports with the yorubas?

The oil belongs to the Niger delta!

Our oil our money!

4 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
ApexTitan:

The line in bold is patently untrue. Where did you fabricate this £90,000 from? (That's ~ N27m shocked shocked)

Na wa. Why tell tales that many people here can disprove with first hand experience?

Well....fees cost 8000-12000 pounds per annum.

Living costs could be anywhere between 650-1400 monthly....which is 7800-16200 per annum.

For a three year Undergraduate course....that amounts to.....72600 -86400 pounds in total.(And if the young one wants to do a Masters....add 12-18000 pounds to that cost in fees....plus expenses...and you will get over the 90000 pounds).

So...very very costly.

Sources: Estimated monthly costs for Univ.of Edinburgh and

Cost of studying in the UK..

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
phabulous88:
If the amount of money spent sponsoring these guys in foreign institutions is spent upgrading our universities, Nigerian universities will be the best in Africa.

Do we know how much we're talking about here? You need a minimum of £90,000 to train an international student for a BSc programme in the UK. Multiply this amount by 6,000 (approx Nos of ex militants in foreign institutions) and you will get the ridiculous, frightening amount being wasted.

By the way, 90% of the so called ex militants are enjoying lavish lifestyles in the UK and the US; another 65% are don't even know how to spell their names (hope you get my drift grin ).

If I'm to advise GMB, get these guys to write examination here in Nigeria and anyone who scores below an acceptable band should be withdrawn from his foreign institution and thrown back to the creeks. I hope GMB reads this
Hahahahahehehehe..... pally U wicked but never mind me, U r right. And so also many Northern lecturer who can not simplify a simple equations are studying abroad on scholarship, when someone send me a quadratic equation to help him solve I laugh.....
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by mmsen: 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
tensazangetsu:
Yes what he said is true 90000 pounds for a low rubbish UK school excluding living expenses. To attend cambridge cost as much as 56000 pounds a year that's almost 220000 pounds for a degree program.

£56,000 sounds a bit high.

It costs 35,000 to study medicine at Cambridge. Living expenses, whilst still high, are not as bad as London.

£45,000 per year for the five years, plus your two of clinical training.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Mogidi: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
atlwireles:

Mogidi, the story is not correct grin grin grin grin The Daura President will not be penny wise pound foolish.

I hope so bros.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Atlantian: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
mmsen:

£20,000 per year for fees. (£60,000)

£10,000 per annum for living expenses. (£30,000)

That figure sounds about right.
Not up to £20,000 per year, about $12,000 per year and £7,000 for living expenses. You guys are just speculating. But for a region that provides billions for the entire country, this is just too little to ask for after years of neglect. I hope the pipelines and oil wells get blown up though.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by vedaxcool(m): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Jonathan should step in and pay up the money or na only am gp chop all that money?
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Truckpusher(m): 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:
When they stop paying ya fees its time to stop the oil flow.
It's as simple as that and Buhari must get whatever he is looking for I swear.

The Federal Government has spent billions of naira sponsoring Northern students to overseas since independence after hijacking admissions from all the federal colleges through quota system ,this Buhari and his free loading bunch of Northern leaches didn't deem it fit to stop such scheme.

This nation will fall apart faster than anticipated if this mad Fulani man continue in this aimless direction that reeks of nothing but hatred and oppression.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by charlesucheh(m): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
Why can't they be given schorlaship into Nigerian universities? Hen! Hen! So they knew our universities aren't good for them, and they continuosly impoverish the ones we have here. No schorlarship for anybody!!! Let the government develop the universities we have here!!
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
Atlantian:
Not up to £20,000 per year, about $12,000 per year and £7,000 for living expenses. You guys are just speculating. But for a region that provides billions for the entire country, this is just too little to ask for after years of neglect. I hope the pipelines and oil wells get blown up though.

Living expenses...based on cost for an Edinburgh Uni student....can be between 650-1350 monthly....which puts it at 7800-16200 pounds per year...which could reach as high as 48600 for a three year BSc course.

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/finance/cost-of-living
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by mmsen: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
Atlantian:

No, I'm not.

I know because those are the fees for overseas students in the UK.

Cambridge fees for Chemical Engineering are at least 20,000 (to be precise they're 22,000)

Fees for law are £15,000 - those are the lowest.

For the colleges of University of London fees are similar.

Maybe places like Coventry fees are less.

Whichever way you look at it, Nigeria is wasting money enriching other nations instead of using its resources to build its own institutions - it's completely farcical.

If all the Nigerians, Chinese and Indians stopped patronizing UK universities, most of those places would turn into ABU overnight.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Kenobus: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
The Daura President is really looking for trouble. These are the reasons why I am really annoyed with the Niger Delta people. Continue to preach peace. GEJ preaches peace and see where the Niger Delta is. Peace is good. GEJ allowed Jega to rig for GMB and see how they are insulting the ND people everyday. GEJ has caused more harm now. The boys should determine their fate.

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by williamson46: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
abbey621:

It's the truth, you think £90,000 is just tuition, what about housing, feeding and other expenses for 3 or 4 years. Real education is expensive!
do you know how much federal universities pocket evry year even without government grants?? So, it makes no difference if the government stops d program n use d cash for federal schools.. What they just need to do is clean up all mess nt ask for innocent students to be deported.. I'm sure u won't be saying this if u were in their shoes.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by sweatlana: 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Teddyg2:
grin shocked undecided wink wink smileyWETIN BE THERE OWN SELF NIGER DELTA EVERY WERE. Na only Niger Delta dey Nigeria. i beg make unna come back home come dey fish jooo

Na only Niger delta day feed Nigeria. Unlike the dry poverty striken land u come from
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
mmsen:

No, I'm not.

I know because those are the fees for overseas students in the UK.

Cambridge fees for Chemical Engineering are at least 20,000 (to be precise they're 22,000)

Fees for law are £15,000 - those are the lowest.

For the colleges of University of London fees are similar.

Maybe places like Coventry fees are less.

Whichever way you look at it, Nigeria is wasting money enriching other nations instead of using its resources to build its own institutions - it's completely farcical.

If all the Nigerians, Chinese and Indians stopped patronizing UK universities, most of those places would turn into ABU overnight.

Not all UK unis are equal.

Some cost less ,some more.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Jorussia(m): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
Truckpusher:

The Federal Government has spent billions of naira sponsoring Northern students to overseas since independence after hijacking admissions from all the federal colleges through quota system ,this Buhari and his free loading bunch of Northern leaches didn't deem it fit to stop such scheme.

This nation will fall apart faster than anticipated if this mad Fulani man continue in this aimless direction that reeks of nothing but hatred and oppression.
what is wrong with you?
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by sweatlana: 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
It's good that buhari keeps pushing the ND. He will push us to the wall and then we will push back and divide this god forsaken zoo called Nigeria.

We are better of on our own.

Republic of the NIGER DELTA IS IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

THE GOD OF JACOB BEING OUR HELPER!
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Mogidi: 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Truckpusher:

GBAM!!
Some might not know the implication of allowing this obvious injustice. If this was allowed without any protest, what stops the fed govt from removing or lowering our derivation? What stops the fed govt from increasing the NE states allocation etc?

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Jorussia(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
sweatlana:

Na only Niger delta day feed Nigeria. Unlike the dry poverty striken land u come from
what is wrong with you?didn't Gej owe these students when he was in power?
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by ApexTitan(m): 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
mmsen:

£20,000 per year for fees. (£60,000)

£10,000 per annum for living expenses. (£30,000)

That figure sounds about right.

bushdoc9919:

Well....fees cost 8000-12000 pounds per annum.
Living costs could be anywhere between 650-1400 monthly....which is 7800-16200 per annum.
For a three year Undergraduate course....that amounts to.....72600 -86400 pounds in total.(And if the young one wants to do a Masters....add 12-18000 pounds to that cost in fees....plus expenses...and you will get over the 90000 pounds).
So...very very costly.
Sources: Estimated monthly costs for Univ.of Edinburgh and
Cost of studying in the UK..
tensazangetsu:
Yes what he said is true 90000 pounds for a low rubbish UK school excluding living expenses. To attend cambridge cost as much as 56000 pounds a year that's almost 220000 pounds for a degree program.

I just reread his comment and he did in fact mention the that cost was for a Bsc. I wrongly assumed he was referring to a Masters degree.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Abdulhakeem7(m): 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
The amnesty program in d first place shouldn't hav com up. Why? All d oil producing states earn better monthly federal allocation and another special money from d federal govt for being oil producing states. In view of d above,I believe their states govt should b held responsible for d welfare of their indegens and not d FG. When u go to d North d state govt sponsor their indegens to study both locally and internationally.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by ekefre4(m): 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
importexpert:
nice move. let their be equal benefit for all nigerians
Equal benefits u say ryt? D same way oil spills equally in nigeria abi?
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Konjour(m): 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
ApexTitan:

The line in bold is patently untrue. Where did you fabricate this £90,000 from? (That's ~ N27m shocked shocked)

Na wa. Why tell tales that many people here can disprove with first hand experience?

Regardless of what you're studying for under Tier 4, you'd be spending a minimum sum of £9,600 - £12,000 on your upkeep per year (i.e about

3 - 3.8 million naira per year). If you're on a 3 year programme, that's somewhere around £30,000. If you're on a 4 year course, that extends

to about £40,000 - £45,000. You'd spend roughly the same sum on your tuition in terms of an average figure, but this varies largely from

course to course/university to university.

Having said that, I don't agree that £90,000 is the minimum that will be required. It is a moderate figure. You can spend quite less than that.

You can also end up spending much more than that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by atlwireles: 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Read the comments of the one Nigeria crowd, wishing all kinds of ills on Niger delta students cheesy cheesy cheesy Make una no vex, paying for amnesty 10 times over is cheaper than the alternative. Your Daura President is welcome to see what's on the other side.

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
mmsen:

£56,000 sounds a bit high.

It costs 35,000 to study medicine at Cambridge. Living expenses, whilst still high, are not as bad as London.

£45,000 per year for the five years, plus your two of clinical training.

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Ayietim(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Stop getting angry with people who call you names, they are doing their business,
keep on working to make a good name and the fame, make this your business.
http://ayietim.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by oluwafemiabioye(f): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
This very bad of GEJ, we are here breaking our heads to read in this country and he his wasting our money in sponsoring militants outside the country when our universities here don't have enough equipments.
THERE IS GOD HOOOOOO.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by ekefre4(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=Sunky200 post=35326976][/quote]Because FG refuse 2 let us control 100% of our states reaources as its supp 2 b
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
Jonathan should have paid for their full course fee. Let wike and Dickson foot the bill,or they come back home. I hope Buhari is not on a revenge mission against the SS/SE. He probably wants the SS and SE to experience what NE experienced,not sure though.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
Konjour:

Regardless of what you're studying for under Tier 4, you'd be spending a minimum sum of £9,600 - £12,000 on your upkeep per year (i.e about

3 - 3.8 million naira per year). If you're on a 3 year programme, that's somewhere around £30,000. If you're on a 4 year course, that extends

to about £40,000 - £45,000. You'd spend roughly the same sum on your tuition in terms of an average figure, but this varies largely from

course to course/university to university.

Having said that, I don't agree that £90,000 is the minimum that will be required. It is a moderate figure. You can spend quite less than that.

You can also end up spending much more than that.

Plus Tier 4 allows you to work for 20 hours a week....so if you get a good job....costs can fall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu Acid: Oshiomhole Must Have Mistaken Me For Another Dean – Sagay / Maria Igbinedion: Housemaid, Dominion Okoro Recounts How She Killed Her Madam / EndSARS: Youth Reps Pull Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel After Cbn’s Account Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.