Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,343 members, 7,843,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History (2896 Views)

The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit / Mystery Trees With Arabic Inscription In Ogun Turn Tourist Attraction / The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
dalaman:

Sodom and Gomorrah is a mythical story.
Mythical according to you...
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

The historicity of Sodom and Gomorrah is still in dispute by
archaeologists, as little archaeological evidence has ever been found in the
regions where they were supposedly situated.

There are some other stories and historical names which bear a resemblance to the Biblical stories of Sodom and Gomorrah, and some possible natural explanations for the events described have been proposed, but no widely accepted or strongly verified sites for the cities have been found.

Little/No archeological success has been made on the supposed location of the cities, it is plausible that such cities may have existed in the ancient sumerian world but the events described in the biblical fable is sorely myth and bears no historical weight. . . For now, the actuality of a historical sodom and gomorrah remains a shadow.
What else again?

Everything that happens thousands of years ago that doesn't suit them is myth and vice versa...
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahaha please can you just leave your devil out of real archeological findings. . . I don't know how you christians are so cutely naive when it comes to scientific knowledge. . . what concerns gay bible and real historical antiquities. . . anyway am not here to argue when you can't discern the difference between an archaeologically supported historical antiquity and myth. . . still clinging to the childish superstition of a devil. . . #Sighs
Why do evil exist?
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Atlantian: 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Macelliot:

Your 50th generation will pass, and religion might still remain....

I know you don't believe in the return of Christ... But oneday, He will return. (just like a thief in the night)...
Dont you think if he comes like a thief, I might mistakenly think he is a thief and shoot him dead ?
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by johnydon22(m): 10:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Macelliot:

What else again?

Everything that happens thousands of years ago that doesn't suit them is myth and vice versa...

Yeah just like the story of the Trojan horse is Myth cool
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
AnyibestDede:
I understand u bro, i hv notin to gain frm the stroy of sodom
You have alot to gain...
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Yeah just like the story of the Trojan horse is Myth cool

Seems to you guys that everything that happened thousands of years ago without proofs to verify them today is a myth .....

Don't let me use Thousands of years ago as an example.

Millions of people have died in this 21th century around the whole world......
Pls Mr. Right, can you proof to us that all these peoples actually existed in real life??

2 Likes

Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
Atlantian:
Dont you think if he comes like a thief, I might mistakenly think he is a thief and shoot him dead ?
You are far!

It means, the Era of a New thing... An Evolution...

A grand finale war between the Forces of Good and that of the Evil Ones...
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by AnyibestDede(m): 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Macelliot:

Are you better than the Homosexuals?

The era of Christ changed things...

Jesus said, "What will befall men of this days will be worser than the days of Sodom and Gommorah."
So what are u trying to say pls?
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by AnyibestDede(m): 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
Macelliot:

You have alot to gain...
Like?
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by johnydon22(m): 10:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
Macelliot:

Seems to you guys that everything that happened thousands of years ago without proofs to verify them today is a myth .....

Don't let me use Thousands of years ago as an example.

Millions of people have died in this 21th century around the whole world......
Pls Mr. Right, can you proof to us that all these peoples actually existed in real life??

seriously guy there are real historical facts and there are fables. . .Many events that happened thousands of years ago are known historical facts...

Real historical facts should be taught as historical facts and fables as fables.... Learn to distinguish historical fact from myth, don't confuse myth as history.

. .so you really need to get your facts straight. . and seriously stop getting emotional because you sound very irked.

For the 21st century dead people, all you need do is dig up there graves embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 7:33am On Jul 03, 2015
johnydon22:

seriously guy there are real historical facts and there are fables. . .Many events that happened thousands of years ago are known historical facts...

Real historical facts should be taught as historical facts and fables as fables.... Learn to distinguish historical fact from myth, don't confuse myth as history.

. .so you really need to get your facts straight. . and seriously stop getting emotional because you sound very irked.

For the 21st century dead people, all you need do is dig up there graves embarassed
You failed woefully!

Were all of them buried?
Can you locate their graves?

Lolz, That means they don't exist....

2 Likes

Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by johnydon22(m): 7:41am On Jul 03, 2015
Macelliot:
You failed woefully!
Were all of them buried? Can you locate their graves?
Hahahahahahaha am i even still replying the boy cheesy
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by johnydon22(m): 7:43am On Jul 03, 2015
Macelliot:

You failed woefully!

Were all of them buried?
Can you locate their graves?

Hahahahahahaha am i even still replying the boy cheesy how many people died in the 21st century. . you have to name them so we can know if they existed or not? grin
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 8:10am On Jul 03, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahahaha am i even still replying the boy cheesy how many people died in the 21st century. . you have to name them so we can know if they existed or not? grin
Mr. Always Right, you see you aren't right...

1 Like

Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by johnydon22(m): 8:15am On Jul 03, 2015
Macelliot:

Mr. Always Right, you see you aren't right...

Lmao. . . Lets see how wrong i was. . . mention one 21st century individual that is dead lets see if he or she existed cheesy My assertion remains correct because it is ONE of the methods that can be used to determine the authenticity of the subject... so boy mention one so i can direct you where to diggrin
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao. . . Lets see how wrong i was. . . mention one 21st century individual that is dead lets see if he or she existed cheesy My assertion remains correct because it is ONE of the methods that can be used to determine the authenticity of the subject... so boy mention one so i can direct you where to diggrin
Double-mouthed...

Going by you assertion, The only people you see and can prove are the only ones that exist.....

That's why I told you that millions have died in this 21st century, but I bet you that you yourself can't prove the existence of only a thousand among them...

Because you Johnny can't prove the existence of a thousand people shouldn't make people believe that the population of the entire world is not more than a thousand...

I'm done!!!

1 Like

Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Ubenedictus(m): 9:14am On Jul 03, 2015
wiegraf:

oh nos. those damned are gays coming into my house and eating sausages

lol,
what concerns me and "sausage eating"? What concern damned Or gay or sausage eating?

Oh, i Guess that was a failed attempt to make an arguement from sympathy by describing gays as sausage eating people, well everyone eats sausages including heteros, pedos, e.t.c, it has nothing to do with this topic. Nor have I described anyone sofar as damned.

Now go eat some sausages smiley

I'm confused as to what the problem is with calling a bigot a bigot. bemused. I mean, if you want to use xtianity as an excuse, why I don't see you treating those who wear different fabrics, eat shellfish or work on sabbath in the same way? one can only surmise the problem lies elsewhere

lol,

I am aware it is pretty difficult to prove a negative, infact most people prefer not to waste time on such things.

First my dear, a bigot is someone who is intolerant to other people because they hold ideas, thought or characteristics which differ.

If i prevented a jew from eating with other nations in my resturant simple 'cos he is a jew, then i'll be a bigot. If i start avoiding d muslims in my area for no reason other than religion then the name may apply. The same will apply if i was pursueing homosexuals away from my area or even my church, trying to avoid them.., simply because of their orientation.

And for the record, I actually know people who are not heteros and I don't avoid them, I actually have pretty good relationship with them, we actually are close enough to share tables. So sorry I am not intolerant or discriminatory to homosexuals.

So my dear I am no bigot.

The point I have expressed so far is that "marriage" properly speaking is an ancient institution that unite of man and woman for the procreation and upbringing of offsprings and companionship.

By definition a "gay marriage" is a impossibility. If the government is allowing unions of gay people, that is their business but it certainly is not marriage, it is a misnomer to describe it as such, or to equate it with marriage. Marriage unites man and woman and by that very fact a "gay marriage is a misnomer unless the couple are man and woman. And any redefinition of that term as the supreme court just did is not marriage at best a joke, as I said earlier d new definition simply say it is a way to prevent loneliness.

Oh and before I forget, It seems you are hopelessly confusing Christianity with Judaism! Shell fish and fabrics are not forbidden in Christianity I thought you should know that, it is judaism that forbids such.

On the otherhand, we do forbid stuff like stealing, murder, masturbation, addiction, adultery, fornication, bearing false witness and homosexual sexual relation and all those are considered sinful and discouraged.

And yes, I treat all who commit such sins the same way including myself, I remind them that such is immoral, I do not encourage it and I hope for repentance. That is exactly how I treat myself when I sin.
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2015
[s]
johnydon22:
[/s]
I'm prolonging an un-nessasary arguement with you...

Atheist and deceit are one...

With the bolded... We gonna invite a third party.. 100k each for betting...

1 Like

Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by johnydon22(m): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2015
Macelliot:

Double-mouthed...

Going by you assertion, The only people you see and can prove are the only ones that exist.....

That's why I told you that millions have died in this 21st century, but I bet you that you yourself can't prove the existence of only a thousand among them...

Because you Johnny can't prove the existence of a thousand people shouldn't make people believe that the population of the entire world is not more than a thousand...

I'm done!!!
hahahahahahahahahaha mention one?? cheesy
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Ubenedictus(m): 9:49am On Jul 03, 2015
wiegraf:

as for the legal issues, you might have a case in certain situations. but I also know there are ways to continue living like it were 4 millennia ago (as the op reminds us, ie assuming his fairy tale were true) if you want to. I know of reputable clubs that didn't allow black people in till the 90s. and that wasn't because the law required it of them, they simply realised they had to keep up with the times, and finally.

that said, I do know most jurisdictions have anti discriminatory laws that apply to institutions that meet certain criteria. heres a summary of some of californias history in that area

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Membership_discrimination_in_California_social_clubs

i'll add; tell me exactly how you'd feel if you showed up to collect your marriage certificate and were denied because you were...black? jewish?
this falls flat on its face when we remember that marriage isn't defined with regards colour or nation but certainly with regards sex.

a government institution? one run on public taxes? or even just aided by tax breaks on the assumption that they take on meritable public causes?

I needn't say more, I hope

anyways, as for private institutions, that's another story, yes, but the public general supports your right to be a bigot. recent fiascos like the chikenzila incident from last year or so demonstrate this.

these cases aren't even the norm. there must be afair amount of similar incidents daily in which the couple just shrugs and moves on. these particular couples are aggrieved for whatever reason. dunno, we'll just let the courts handle that. were laws broken? maybe, but claiming you are somehow being persecuted is a tad silly, no? let's not even get into the hypocrisy. you really might need some perspective.

for instance, 'advertising' in public school? are hetero unions also 'advertised' in those books? what of interracial marriages? are such abominations advertised in those books?

public (emphases on this word please) school books fa!

oga, if you live there, find yourself a private school suited to your (frankly bigoted) needs abeg. follow your own suggestions; just as you feel these people should find another venue/whatever for their weddings, you find a school which feeds your needs. don't expect publicly funded schools to cater to your narrow views

and you're the one being discriminated against?!

hmm

I'll pretend I didn't see that bestiality comment, for now.

now I feel offended by your tags and lastly read up of the supreme court judgement and see the definition given and see the wide door opened.
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Your assertion are blurred....
You don't exist!
Bye.......... *unfollow*
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by Macelliot(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2015
johnydon22:
You don't exist!
Bye.......... *unfollow*
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by johnydon22(m): 10:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Macelliot:
You don't exist!
Bye.......... *unfollow*
Hahahahahahaha ok but mention one cheesy
Re: The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History by wiegraf: 7:16am On Jul 04, 2015
Ubenedictus:

lol,
what concerns me and "sausage eating"? What concern damned Or gay or sausage eating?

Oh, i Guess that was a failed attempt to make an arguement from sympathy by describing gays as sausage eating people, well everyone eats sausages including heteros, pedos, e.t.c, it has nothing to do with this topic. Nor have I described anyone sofar as damned.

Now go eat some sausages smiley

lol,

I am aware it is pretty difficult to prove a negative, infact most people prefer not to waste time on such things.

First my dear, a bigot is someone who is intolerant to other people because they hold ideas, thought or characteristics which differ.

If i prevented a jew from eating with other nations in my resturant simple 'cos he is a jew, then i'll be a bigot. If i start avoiding d muslims in my area for no reason other than religion then the name may apply. The same will apply if i was pursueing homosexuals away from my area or even my church, trying to avoid them.., simply because of their orientation.

And for the record, I actually know people who are not heteros and I don't avoid them, I actually have pretty good relationship with them, we actually are close enough to share tables. So sorry I am not intolerant or discriminatory to homosexuals.

So my dear I am no bigot.

The point I have expressed so far is that "marriage" properly speaking is an ancient institution that unite of man and woman for the procreation and upbringing of offsprings and companionship.

By definition a "gay marriage" is a impossibility. If the government is allowing unions of gay people, that is their business but it certainly is not marriage, it is a misnomer to describe it as such, or to equate it with marriage. Marriage unites man and woman and by that very fact a "gay marriage is a misnomer unless the couple are man and woman. And any redefinition of that term as the supreme court just did is not marriage at best a joke, as I said earlier d new definition simply say it is a way to prevent loneliness.

Oh and before I forget, It seems you are hopelessly confusing Christianity with Judaism! Shell fish and fabrics are not forbidden in Christianity I thought you should know that, it is judaism that forbids such.

On the otherhand, we do forbid stuff like stealing, murder, masturbation, addiction, adultery, fornication, bearing false witness and homosexual sexual relation and all those are considered sinful and discouraged.

And yes, I treat all who commit such sins the same way including myself, I remind them that such is immoral, I do not encourage it and I hope for repentance. That is exactly how I treat myself when I sin.

there is so much wrong here one could easily write a textbook. this here is a brief version, believe it or not.

the sausage comment is not an argument. it highlights how you base your decisions around irrational fears. you seem to have this idea that the world will become more of a sausagefest if gays are allowed their due rights. thats wrong and silly. and even if it were correct, so? nobody is forcing you to become gay. if you or anyone else find yourself suddenly attracted to the same sex, then youve always been gay, simple, and likely closeted atm.

how evil, being gay ie.

I'm sorry but the rest of us have much more pressing things to be concerned about than evil santas disdain for homosexuality.

--

are you really sure you know what bigotry is?

you think denying Jews service at a restaurant is bigoted, yet denying same Jews marriage rights is not?!

the way you value things seems backwards

as you have token gay friends, try this - find any that havent been brainwashed by xtianity and tell them that youre against their right to marry, that you compare their case to bestiality's, then ask them if youre a bigot or not and come back here and post the results.

there is NO difference between denying gay rights and denying jews or black man rights.

look at africa, because of these silly foreign traditions a gay man is easily ostracized or even worse, imprisoned and what not, yet you think that despite this one would choose to be gay? hmm.

just as some are born jewish some are born gay. read up on the biology of gay people's brains. and even for the bisexuals that can swing both ways and 'choose' to be gay, again, so what? we have MUCH better things to do than persecuting them for what they do with other consenting and willing adults.

-----

i can only cringe at the level of arrogance on display, you going about and persecuting others for their actions which affect you in no way and also deciding for the rest of us what marriage is.

protip; even in africa here, marriage is not equal to marriage in xtianity. abi xtianity condones polygamy? curious

nero married men, nobunaga's most intimate relationship was with a boy who became a young man under his watch.

no, xtianity didn't create marriage, and you dont get to shove your narrow definitions down the throats of those who dont believe in sky hitler. this your definition of 'proper' marriage; married people that don't procreate, perhaps their marriages are not valid? and how dare you decide for two adults whom they choose to have as companions? abi are they hindering you from making your own choice?

and even if i accepted this your 'proper' and ancient definition of marriage, so what? for instance, this practice of man to younger boy that nobunaga indulged in was particularly rife (and in many cases admired and praised) in the ancient world. today, most of these people would be in jail as pedos. actually, most of humanity would be in jail as pedos as 13 year old brides were the norm for most of our history. slavery, human sacrifice, genocide even; all perfectly fine to various cultures through our history. you don't believe me? open your bible and see.

something being traditional doesn't make it right by our standards today, or even to competing standards of their contemporaries. Muslims still proudly marry 13 year olds in this day and age just as many of your xtian heroes did. by western standards of the day, is this right?

heck, not even by competing cultures; the same cultures evolve with time, and obviously. even you just admitted that with your claim that your fickle god changed his mind about shellfish.

so no, xtianity does not hold the copyright on what marriage is. that's arrogant in the extreme.
and even if it did, it could clearly evolve and get with the times, which it has done through history (you even get a lot of stick for that from your Muslims cousins, who are not yet reformed and live even more in the past than you. notice how advanced their world is? same $hit applies to the secular world and all you traditional xtians)

----

with your claim about the difference between xtianity and Judaism, are you being disingenuous or what? is it not the same ot verses that condemn homosexuality that also condemns those that work on sabbath?! what are you trying to pull here?? again, why do you seek to cherrypick who you choose to persecute? na wa

don't worry, will deal with other post later...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly / The Bible And Homosexuality: What Shall We Do? / The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.