Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly (2825 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International / 4 Simple Ways To Identify Your Helpers Of Destiny (2) (3) (4)

Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello my Atheist friends on Nairaland. Over time I have come to know and enjoy having dialogues with many of you on issues concerning God or a lack of God.

However dor sake of clarity for myself and for you I am presenting a table of descriptions of the various kinds of Atheists in the world so you can accurately identify yours and so you can be addressdd specifically based on your identity.

Recent Study has shown that Atheism is in 6 kinds and although many here on NL believe Atheism is the lack of belief in God or gods or higher powers.....sorry but its way more than that.

Below is the description of individual Atheistic traits so pick your particular kind.

[b]Are you an Atheist? If yes, pick the category you belong below;

1) Intellectual atheist/agnostic

This type of nonbeliever seeks information and intellectual stimulation about atheism.

They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.

They’re also well-versed in books and articles about religion and atheism, and prone to citing those works frequently.

2) Activist

These kinds of atheists and agnostics are not content with just disbelieving in God; they want to tell others why they reject religion and why society would be better off if we all did likewise.

They tend to be vocal about political causes like gay rights, feminism, the environment and the care of animals.

3) Seeker-agnostic

This group is made up of people who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience.

They are the people who regularly question their own beliefs and “do not hold a firm ideological position.”

That doesn’t mean this group is confused, they just embrace uncertainty.

4) Anti-theist

This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves as “diametrically opposed to religious ideology,”.

“Anti-theists view religion as ignorance and see any individual or institution associated with it as backward and socially detrimental,” the researchers wrote. “The Anti-Theist has a clear and – in their view, superior – understanding of the limitations and danger of religions.”

Anti-theists are outspoken, devoted and – at times – confrontational about their disbelief. They believe that “obvious fallacies in religion and belief should be aggressively addressed in some form or another.”

5) Non-theist

The smallest group among the six are the non-theists, people who do not involve themselves with either religion or anti-religion.

In many cases, this comes across as apathy or disinterest.

“A Non-Theist simply does not concern him or herself with religion,“Religion plays no role or issue in one’s consciousness or worldview; nor does a Non- Theist have concern for the atheist or agnostic movement.”

“They simply do not believe, and in the same right, their absence of faith means the absence of anything religion in any form from their mental space.”

6) Ritual atheist

They don’t believe in God, they don’t associate with religion, and they tend to believe there is no afterlife, but the sixth type of nonbeliever still finds useful the teachings of some religious traditions.

“They see these as more or less philosophical teachings of how to live life and achieve happiness than a path to transcendental liberation, “For example, these individuals may participate in specific rituals, ceremonies, musical opportunities, meditation, yoga classes, or holiday traditions.”

For many of these nonbelievers, their adherence to ritual may stem from family traditions. For others, its a personal connection to, or respect for, the “profound symbolism” inherent within religious rituals, beliefs and ceremonies.
[/b]

Throwing this warm invitation to all Atheists and their well wishers

NB: This is an attempt to get to know and understand you better.......cheers!

cc; KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, cloudgoddess, dalaman, weah96, hopefullandlord, winner01

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
But why don't you call Seun Bro, come here pls cheesy

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by winner01(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
Let me pitch my tent here. grin
Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Seun(m): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
Anti-theists ... believe that “obvious fallacies in religion and belief should be aggressively addressed in some form or another.”
An aggressive muslim murders infidels. An aggressive christian murders abortion doctors. An aggressive atheist makes youtube videos. undecided

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by KingEbukaNaija: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:

An aggressive muslim murders infidels. An aggressive christian murders abortion doctors. An aggressive atheist makes youtube videos. undecided

An aggressive atheist does these www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous/

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by jadeus: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
Mixture between intellectual atheist and seeker agnostic.

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Medicis(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
Majority of the poor purrycat(Atheists) you see here on Nairaland don't even know where they belong.. You just ended up confusing them the more.
Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Richirich713: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:

Stalin disagrees...

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Seun(m): 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
An aggressive atheist does these www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous/
Bleep those communists, though that's the past and doesn't apply to 2016 atheists. Let's go back to the main topic.

I think there's a strong case to be made for anti-theism. Religious people are really suffering under the yoke of beliefs that are not true. cry

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Sveen: 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:

What would you do to a religious extremist whom have murdered dozens of people if you get hold on one?
Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by KingEbukaNaija: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:
Bleep those communists, though that's the past and doesn't apply to 2016 atheists. Let's go back to the main topic.

The 2016 atheists subscribe to militant atheism . And from that thread we understand that today's atheists have the disposition to be malignant towards the religious . And would inflict harm on the religious if they had that discretion like the atheist leaders.

I think there's a strong case to be made for anti-theism. Religious people are really suffering under the yoke of beliefs that are not true. cry

"Suffering" seems rather ambiguous here . Can you actually explain what you mean by suffering ?

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Seun(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
Sveen:
What would you do to a religious extremist whom have murdered dozens of people if you get hold on one?
Lock him up so he can't murder any more people for the rest of his life. Deconvert him. Give him the chance to deconvert other extremists.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by jadeus: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The 2016 atheists subscribe to militant atheism . And from that thread we understand that today's atheists have the disposition to be malignant towards the religious . And would inflict harm on the religious if they had that discretion like the atheist leaders.

"Suffering" seems rather ambiguous here . Can you actually explain what you mean by suffering ?

Conservapidia says that "Militant atheists have a desire to propagate the doctrine, and differ from moderate atheists because they hold religion to be harmful."

This is from a religious website, I might add. That's different from what you said. Also atheists are not malignant to theists, we just say that your beliefs are wrong and can be harmful. If you read your Bible, you would realize that if taken literarily, it will be harmful to people. Leviticus 20 prescribes the death punishment for insulting one's parents and adultery. We both know that these crimes are not worthy of death, but we have to realize that some people have actually died because of this law. There are many others in the Bible and Qur'an that shows how harmful religious can be and that's why we are against it. Also, if you see someone who believes in the flying spaghetti monster, would you keep quiet? No. You would go up to him and challenge his beliefs about it. Why can't some do the same to you when you believe in an imaginary God for which there is no scientific evidence.

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Sveen: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:
Lock him up so he can't murder any more people for the rest of his life. Deconvert him. Give him the chance to deconvert other extremists.
What if one of his homicide victims is someone you love, like a family member. No gain saying or acquiescence bias. Would you still prefer he breathe or cease breathing just like the did to your beloved.
Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:

Seun this study was done in 2016 so is very modern.
Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Seun(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
The 2016 atheists ... would inflict harm on the religious if they had that discretion like the atheist leaders.
Lying for Jesus.

"Suffering" seems rather ambiguous here . Can you actually explain what you mean by suffering?
Poor people are asked to pay 10% of their income to their rich pastors. That's immoral. Those who can't afford to pay it are made to believe that they are robbing God and therefore bad things will happen to them. That's wicked. Others are forced or brainwashed to dress in black sacks that cover their entire bodies except their eyes while in public, even though they live in hot deserts. The sick are accused of not having faith etc.

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Seun(m): 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Families spend their Sundays in church instead of resting and enjoying each others' company. They also lose their sleep on Fridays.

Young men and women pick marital partners according to "God's will" as revealed by pastors whose main motivation is not their happiness.

Teens are made to feel crippling guilt over sexual attraction and masturbation, which are perfectly normal and healthy according to doctors.

Little children are tortured, and left to starve to death because their parents were told that they are witches, whereas witches do not exist.

So there's a strong case for anti-theism. People should not feel ashamed to be identified as "anti-theists" or even "militant atheists". The term "militant atheism" is misleading though. Richard Dawkins is no more militant than Pastor Adeboye or Eunice Elisha. He doesn't bear arms.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by TomHagen: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:
Families spend their Sundays in church instead of resting and enjoying each others' company. They also lose their sleep on Fridays.

Young men and women pick marital partners according to "God's will" as revealed by pastors whose main motivation is not their happiness.

Teens are made to feel crippling guilt over sexual attraction and masturbation, which are perfectly normal and healthy according to doctors.

Little children are tortured, and left to starve to death because their parents were told that they are witches, whereas witches do not exist.

So there's a strong case for anti-theism. People should not feel ashamed to be identified as "anti-theists" or even "militant atheists". The term "militant atheism" is misleading though. Richard Dawkins is no more militant than Pastor Adeboye or Eunice Elisha. He doesn't bear arms.
Oga Seun don kee people ooo. Christians should come and tell us the difference between Richard Dawkins and Eunice Elisha.

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:
Lying for Jesus.

Poor people are asked to pay 10% of their income to their rich pastors. That's immoral. Those who can't afford to pay it are made to believe that they are robbing God and therefore bad things will happen to them. That's wicked. Others are forced or brainwashed to dress in black sacks that cover their entire bodies except their eyes while in public, even though they live in hot deserts. The sick are accused of not having faith etc.

Seun you say he is lying for Jesus? Can you show me proof that 2016 Atheists are different from the Atheists of old?

So your idea of wickedness is the paying of tithes which personally I do not subscribe to basdd on my faith level. To those who enjoy doing it and somehow link their blessing to it via continuous proof same way an experiment is proof of something after repetitive same results so to them its proof of their blessing so they enjoy doing as to them they see their obedience as being to God but what you see Seun is not the obedience aspect but the tithe paying and who its going to.

To the recipients of its reward its not suffering even though you have that as a personal opinion. You want to lay claim that Religion is evil and produces suffering but how do you rate suffering? By what scale? Especially since everything seems to be moraly right to an atheist.

I could also assume that people being asked to pay you for adverts on Nairaland are being made to suffer by you?

If a poor man wants to advertise on NL would you review your rates downwards for such a one? Or would you be firm since its company policy?

[b]Nobel Prize winner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was asked to account for the great tragedies that occurred under the brutal communist regime he and fellow citizens suffered under.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn offered the following explanation:

“ Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.'
Since then I have spend well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened[/b]

Thats a nobel laureate who grew under real Atheistic environment and who spent 50 years ( almost 15 more years older than your age) ro study and research on this same matter. You have probably been an Atheist for 15 years or 10 years but under very sane Atheistic conditions unlike the militant communist environments some Real people grew up in and he arrived at that conclusion because he has a before and an after comparison but what do you have as an authority to take a stand with?

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Tintinnoty(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:

you so sure witches and wizards don't exist? That motion should be restricted to this platform. I have no issues with you being atheist but trying to there're no witches and wizard i stronglly don't buy such idea

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:

WONDERFUL,YOU ARE TOO MUCH BABA
Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Tintinnoty:

you so sure witches and wizards don't exist? That motion should be restricted to this platform. I have no issues with you being atheist but trying to there're no witches and wizard i stronglly don't buy such idea
be deceiving yourself have you ever seen a witch fly

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:

Families who go to church on sundays and also stay up on fridays do so based on their choice! Not all christians are churchy and observe vigils so that should not be your concern. You are speaking from a place of arrogance and I know more than you position hence that statement.

Pastors do not choose spouses for anyone....if they do then they are false preachers and should not be used as a basis to declare or challenge the word of God which clearly states that a man has to find his wife by himself and if such a man wants to prayerfully do so how does that affect him or even you?

Again I say that you have no moral foundation which is why you say masturbation and homosexuality is perfectly alright afterall homosexuality is also sexual attraction. If a man approaches you for sex seun would you consent to it? Especially if nobody sees you? Pls answer this.

The issud of witchcraft is based on the individual and location and not a general christian view that witches should be punished....if it was then Eunice the slain preachers husband would also be demanding for the head of her killers but he declined.

Your opinion is yours seun and does not represent anyone elses and on the scale of assessment is perfectly negligible.

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by braithwaite(m): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2016

seems we atheist re having swell time on nairaland...
Op. Don't be an aggressive type

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Tintinnoty(m): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
stephenmorris:
be deceiving yourself have you ever seen a witch fly
call it deceit or what have u, lots and loads of pple has said more than this but at the end they ended up believing the existence these forces
Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by UyiIredia(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:

But cases of Christians murdering abortion doctors is pretty rare.

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by UyiIredia(m): 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Families who go to church on sundays and also stay up on fridays do so based on their choice! Not all christians are churchy and observe vigils so that should not be your concern. You are speaking from a place of arrogance and I know more than you position hence that statement.

Pastors do not choose spouses for anyone....if they do then they are false preachers and should not be used as a basis to declare or challenge the word of God which clearly states that a man has to find his wife by himself and if such a man wants to prayerfully do so how does that affect him or even you?

Again I say that you have no moral foundation which is why you say masturbation and homosexuality is perfectly alright afterall homosexuality is also sexual attraction. If a man approaches you for sex seun would you consent to it? Especially if nobody sees you? Pls answer this.

The issud of witchcraft is based on the individual and location and not a general christian view that witches should be punished....if it was then Eunice the slain preachers husband would also be demanding for the head of her killers but he declined.

Your opinion is yours seun and does not represent anyone elses and on the scale of assessment is perfectly negligible.

Nice riposté.

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2016

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by analice107: 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Hello my Atheist friends on Nairaland. Over time I have come to know and enjoy having dialogues with many of you on issues concerning God or a lack of God.

However dor sake of clarity for myself and for you I am presenting a table of descriptions of the various kinds of Atheists in the world so you can accurately identify yours and so you can be addressdd specifically based on your identity.

Recent Study has shown that Atheism is in 6 kinds and although many here on NL believe Atheism is the lack of belief in God or gods or higher powers.....sorry but its way more than that.

Below is the description of individual Atheistic traits so pick your particular kind.

[b]Are you an Atheist? If yes, pick the category you belong below;

1) Intellectual atheist/agnostic

This type of nonbeliever seeks information and intellectual stimulation about atheism.

They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.

They’re also well-versed in books and articles about religion and atheism, and prone to citing those works frequently.

2) Activist

These kinds of atheists and agnostics are not content with just disbelieving in God; they want to tell others why they reject religion and why society would be better off if we all did likewise.

They tend to be vocal about political causes like gay rights, feminism, the environment and the care of animals.

3) Seeker-agnostic

This group is made up of people who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience.

They are the people who regularly question their own beliefs and “do not hold a firm ideological position.”

That doesn’t mean this group is confused, they just embrace uncertainty.

4) Anti-theist

This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves as “diametrically opposed to religious ideology,”.

“Anti-theists view religion as ignorance and see any individual or institution associated with it as backward and socially detrimental,” the researchers wrote. “The Anti-Theist has a clear and – in their view, superior – understanding of the limitations and danger of religions.”

Anti-theists are outspoken, devoted and – at times – confrontational about their disbelief. They believe that “obvious fallacies in religion and belief should be aggressively addressed in some form or another.”

5) Non-theist

The smallest group among the six are the non-theists, people who do not involve themselves with either religion or anti-religion.

In many cases, this comes across as apathy or disinterest.

“A Non-Theist simply does not concern him or herself with religion,“Religion plays no role or issue in one’s consciousness or worldview; nor does a Non- Theist have concern for the atheist or agnostic movement.”

“They simply do not believe, and in the same right, their absence of faith means the absence of anything religion in any form from their mental space.”

6) Ritual atheist

They don’t believe in God, they don’t associate with religion, and they tend to believe there is no afterlife, but the sixth type of nonbeliever still finds useful the teachings of some religious traditions.

“They see these as more or less philosophical teachings of how to live life and achieve happiness than a path to transcendental liberation, “For example, these individuals may participate in specific rituals, ceremonies, musical opportunities, meditation, yoga classes, or holiday traditions.”

For many of these nonbelievers, their adherence to ritual may stem from family traditions. For others, its a personal connection to, or respect for, the “profound symbolism” inherent within religious rituals, beliefs and ceremonies.
[/b]

Throwing this warm invitation to all Atheists and their well wishers

NB: This is an attempt to get to know and understand you better.......cheers!

cc; KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, cloudgoddess, dalaman, weah96, hopefullandlord, winner01
Ah, am not an atheist. I love Jesus with all my heart.

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
analice107:

Ah, am not an atheist. I love Jesus with all my heart.

I know you are not an atheist my dear sister. You were just tagged as an observer.

God bless you

Re: Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly by Eddlad: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
If Christianity is real it can't be fought, if it ain't it will eventually retire into man's historic books of past religions.

The Summary Of Al-fathiah / Moment Pastor Stares In Wonder At Curvy Female Congregation Without Letting Go / Faith In God - "i Just Want To Say 'hi' To My Friend, God"

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80