Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,802 members, 7,841,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders (32448 Views)

Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet / With The Rejection Of APC In Bayelsa- Can We Say APC Is A Northern Party? / APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 5:50am On Jul 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Akande like Tinubu has always been a closet tribalist masked under 'National' interest

Son of biafra scam u are not in any position to question anybody's tribalism.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 01, 2015
vedaxcool:

Either Jonathan and his clan of trillion naira mismanagement pay up or They will finish their school in Nigeria transfer papers will be filled.
Ok then Just like you were warned about today's change. Your eyes go soon clear

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 01, 2015
vedaxcool:

Son of biafra scam u are not in any position to question anybody's tribalism.
At least I never claimed I was fighting for'National' interest like your stupid political leaders

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 5:55am On Jul 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

I think you are the one in serious pain here. You have been sidelined in a Government you had earlier thought you would dominate. We the lower Niger people are really enjoying the whole show

I am not yoruba so it cannot pain me. We know since APC curtailed your excesses by chasing pdp out of power children of hate and despair like yourself suddenly remember ur failed project biafra, that is the ultimate expression of pain if u ask me.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 5:59am On Jul 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

At least I never claimed I was fighting for'National' interest like your stupid political leaders

Wouldn't it be smarter u restrict ur post to the sectarian board and allow real stakeholders in project Nigeria to exchange ideas on how to live better together?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 01, 2015
vedaxcool:

I am not yoruba so it cannot pain me. We know since APC curtailed your excesses by chasing pdp out of power children of hate and despair like yourself suddenly remember ur failed project biafra, that is the ultimate expression of pain if u ask me.
Mumu have you ever seen me comment on any of the Biafra threads? I hardly click on it let alone commenting

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 01, 2015
vedaxcool:

Wouldn't it be smarter u restrict ur post to the sectarian board and allow real stakeholders in project Nigeria to exchange ideas on how to live better together?
Real stakeholders indeed!!! Am sure that is what you greedy fellows had in mind while sharing political offices to yourselves alone. Finally we have proved to you that we are also stakeholders!!! Most of the PDP votes that enthroned the present NASS leaders and disgraced your local champion came from the lower Niger region

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 01, 2015
APCs have been talking without thinking and without weighing their words since their inauguration. Its either Lai Mohammed condeming d PDP or Ameachi insulting d presidency without caution. With their words, they brought down the former govt and strip it of d little they achieved. So watever their thoughtless words is causing or will cause in their party is a karma.....

23 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by luvinhubby(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2015
There is fire on the mountain , run! run!! run!!!

8 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by abtmaviz(m): 6:33am On Jul 01, 2015
HzRF:
FRESH facts on Tuesday indicated that the national caucus meeting of the All Progressives Congress scheduled for Monday was cancelled because of the suspicion within the party.

The PUNCH learnt that the APC leadership called off the meeting because of reported anger of some leaders of the ruling party in the north at insinuations by Chief Bisi Akande that they were behind the crisis in the party.

Akande, a former interim national chairman of the APC, had in a letter made public on Monday alleged, among other things, that, “Most Northern elite, the Nigerian oil subsidy barons and other business cartels, who never liked (President Muhammadu) Buhari’s anti-corruption political stance, are quickly backing up the rebellion against APC with strong support.”

A member of the party’s caucus from the North-East geopolitical zone, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said it would have been a rancorous session if the caucus meeting had held in what he described as “such an atmosphere of mutual suspicion.”

The party leader, who in fact said he would have spoken on the record if not for the fence- mending efforts being made by other leaders of the party, said, “We (northerners) are unhappy about Chief (Bisi) Akande’s outburst. It was unnecessary because we are all trying to put out a fire that is threatening to consume our house. And when you have a respected leader and elder making such unguarded statements it does not help.

“I personally hold Chief Akande in high esteem but what he wrote in that letter was nothing short of an insult on our collective sensibilities. How can you single out a section of your party and call them criminals who were supporting rebels to destroy the party we all built? This is most unexpected and uncharitable to say the least.”

Also, a chieftain of the APC, Alhaji Kawu Baraje, on Tuesday, described as unfortunate, the statement by Akande.

Baraje, in a statement in Abuja, said he was disappointed that Akande who had led the party and served as a state governor could author a statement in which he was allegedly seeking to divide the nation by setting the North against the South-West.

The APC leader, who once served as the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, said, “I do not know where Chief Akande and his cohorts are getting this unsubstantiated information they are circulating. We challenge them to provide proof and let Nigerians make their judgment.

“Akande and co believe that they have exclusive right to determine who occupies what position in today’s Nigeria and whoever tries to challenge their position must be subjected to savage attack in the media. That tactic is definitely undemocratic.

“I have known Chief Akande to be an honest man. I got the shock of my life when he alleged that I had a meeting in my house with ‘some old and new PDP members with a view to hijacking the National Assembly’ through the aspiration of Dr. Bukola Saraki as the Senate President.

“I have been quiet as a leader so as to not to be seen as taking sides because of my closeness to Dr. Saraki, else people will read meaning into it.

“Akande has been playing a role which I admire. He will recall that he met some actors, with a governor from the North-West and a leader of the party from the South-West, where the leader from the South-West was cautioned to be reasonable in this crisis.

“He (Akande) supported the view of the governor from the North-West that the particular leader from the South-West should be admonished for his action. It is therefore surprising that Akande is now being economical with the truth and painting a picture that exists only in his imagination.”

Baraje said the allegation by Akande that a purported meeting took place in his (Baraje’s) house after the general elections, where “a so-called new PDP group plotted with a view to hijacking the National Assembly…with an ultimate aim of resuscitating the PDP as their future political platform” was a mere fabrication.

Our correspondents learnt that renewed peace moves were being made in the party and that the party leaders were hoping that they would before Friday achieve an atmosphere conducive to holding the APC NEC meeting.

The APC NEC meeting was shifted from Tuesday (yesterday) to Friday to enable party leaders to engage in further consultations.

A top member of the APC National Working Committee, who did not want his name mentioned, said that the meeting was postponed to allow tempers to go down.

“All leaders are in touch with one another and I can assure you that the crisis will be resolved on Friday,” the party source said.

However, the Deputy Senate Leader, Senator Bala Ibn Na’Allah, himself a northerner, had defended Akande on Monday. Na’Allah said Akande must have been misquoted.

The senator said, “Chief Bisi Akande is a highly respected senior member of this country and I am not so sure he had not been misquoted on that issue. Even where it exists, I am absolutely sure that it cannot be the correct statement on the situation.

“The North holds every section of this country high; we detest the idea of even labelling us as North because we have passed that stage with the current development in our country.

“We are a united country whether we like it or not with some few interests being defined at different levels of our governance but as far as Nigeria is concerned, I don’t want to believe that there is any conspiracy.

“If there is any conspiracy on the part of the North, what made you think that the conspiracy will involve bringing somebody from the Peoples Democratic Party and from the South-East to become the deputy senate president?”

The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mr. Timi Frank, on Tuesday, confirmed that the party’s National Executive Committee would meet in Abuja on Friday to thrash out all issues affecting the party.

“We are holding our NEC meeting on Friday and I am sure all our issues will be thrashed out and the party will come out stronger,” Frank said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-crisis-akandes-letter-angers-northern-party-leaders/

APC again Mtcheew

5 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Godfullsam(m): 6:52am On Jul 01, 2015
Now this is becoming UNBECOMING

A house divided against itseft undecided

Let's see how this mess will end.

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 6:52am On Jul 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

How do reconcile these post?

chukwudi44:

Mumu have you ever seen me comment on any of the Biafra threads? I hardly click on it let alone commenting
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 6:56am On Jul 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Real stakeholders indeed!!! Am sure that is what you greedy fellows had in mind while sharing political offices to yourselves alone. Finally we have proved to you that we are also stakeholders!!! Most of the PDP votes that enthroned the present NASS leaders and disgraced your local champion came from the lower Niger region

All i can see in your post is a man in excruciating pain, advice seek medication.
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by chinae(m): 7:04am On Jul 01, 2015
APC is like Euro zone, soonest one part will turn Greek trying to pull out.

5 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2015
kenny091:
If chief Akande really said that, it is unfortunate. APC needs to get their acts together. The losers at the last election are hungry for any chance to attack them, why helping them do their job.

APC has o acts, let alone getting them together.
It is gathering of political hustlers who was losing out on the grip they have on Nigeria and Nigerians in Jonathan's Prsediency.
Forget about what you were reading in media, Jonathan was doing some good work on the sick systems.
These misfits controlled the media, and the rest is history.

Time is a reveler of things. Change is not always progress.
Nigerians has been duped.

19 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by adedejihollas(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2015
I said it yesterday that their s no proof yet to back this acusation up baba Akande should wait a litle bit before pronouncing such allegatio.notherners are not conspired at all for now tho my opinon,I want more stability in Nigeria.Let see til the president Buhari make his list then Yoruba u kno exacly wher noth stand and we Yorubas kno how to fight our fight without using a gun.Good morning Nigeria happy nwe month.
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 01, 2015
tinubu is a beast. since he had been politically murdered he is just causing problems in the background. frog eye thieff.

16 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by dhesmond(m): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2015
lol funny them
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by san316(m): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2015
provoking things. make dem fight tear their cloth now.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by funkybully(f): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2015
APshyt on d brink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Orikinla(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2015
HzRF:

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-crisis-akandes-letter-angers-northern-party-leaders/

IN BOLD CAPS. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH CHIEF BISI AKANDE. WHAT HE HAS SAID IS A FACT.
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 01, 2015
APC.....smh

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2015
I don't have to waste my time reading apc nonsense long article......

11 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Realdeals(m): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2015
“Most Northern elite, the Nigerian oil subsidy barons and other business cartels, who never liked (President Muhammadu) Buhari’s anti-corruption political stance, are quickly backing up the rebellion against APC with strong support.”

This statement could be true, they prefer Atiku to PMB that is why they push Atiku, Kwankwanso to slug the APC presidential ticket with Buhari

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 01, 2015
You started very well only to ruin it at d end the rendering the whole post useless

HungerBAD:
The APC should get its act together and stop acting like Ojukwu's Children fighting for their fathers property.

We did not Vote for APC Internal wranglings.

We did not vote for tribal clique-ism.

We did not vote for Saraki and his cronies to hold our "BLUKUS" to ransom.

In every democratic setting, the President is the Automatic leader of his party, so Buhari should step up and be a leader before it is too late,and may what happened to the Otuoke Clown not be his portion when PDP went to the dogs.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 01, 2015
The northern slave masters are handling the slaves properly

15 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Orikinla(m): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2015
funkybully:
APshyt on d brink

THEY ARE MANIFESTING THEIR TRUE COLOURS.
Enemies of our progress.
I said it. Political fallacy and political hypocrisy of those surrounding President Muhammadu Buhari will do collateral damage to the party.
Wolves in sheep clothing.

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Pascal181: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2015
HungerBAD:
The APC should get its act together and stop acting like Ojukwu's Children fighting for their fathers property.

We did not Vote for APC Internal wranglings.

We did not vote for tribal clique-ism.

We did not vote for Saraki and his cronies to hold our "BLUKUS" to ransom.

In every democratic setting, the President is the Automatic leader of his party, so Buhari should step up and be a leader before it is too late,and may what happened to the Otuoke Clown not be his portion when PDP went to the dogs.

I don't need 2 ask before I know u lack parental moral upbringing. GEJ is not ur mate,never u, I mean NEVER u show ur stupidity here by using abusive words on GEJ again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cherubim And Seraphim Church Warns Buhari Govt Against ‘arrest Of Peter Obi’ / States With Highest Number Of Indigenous Prostitutes/ Whores (pixs) / Confinement Saga: Governor Chime’s Wife Makes a U-Turn, Begs for Forgiveness

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.