Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,960 members, 7,835,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

First Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Child (1132 Views)

What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? / Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child / What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Child by manakins: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2006
I am puzzled with nature or lost on why most fathers that there first
kid is a girl have so much attachment to her and are always overprotective
of her.Is it the same way round in mother/first son. smiley smiley smiley smiley.
People wake me up. cool cool cool
Re: First Child by Seun(m): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2006
It's not so in my family. I'm a first son. If my mother was that close to me, I would know. wink
Re: First Child by Damsal(f): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2006
yeah it happens that way often, casue naturally as a first time father you are really excited about being one at all that when you happen to realise that it's a daughter you feel more protective cause well girls are frigile and feminine and you want to protect your baby girl it's also the same way around with mothers except that of Seun's whose story always manages to be different.
Re: First Child by Seun(m): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2006
Most first sons of my generation that I know are not particularly close to their mothers. What for? Food?
Re: First Child by jaybaby(f): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2006
YEA it's true -they feel it's da fiRST born dat OPENED the way for the remaining children so they take 'em as a blessing 4m GOD!
Re: First Child by Seun(m): 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2006
Parents often make all their worst mistakes when dealing with their first children. The result often isn't pretty.
Re: First Child by mamaput(f): 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2006
Seun:

Parents often make all their worst mistakes when dealing with their first children. The result often isn't pretty.

how true.
And when the son grows the mother will have a new foe the daughter inlaw.
I will not be fighting a daughter inlaw because men usually give their wives more freedom with their mothers than women give to their husbands.
Re: First Child by GNature(m): 12:25am On Sep 25, 2006
I think a man is happy to have his first child to begin with, but when its a girl, he is over protective. The combination
of being the first (a man now has a human being is responsible for) and a girl (men always want to protect their women) is a very powerful one.

I also think a mother would be protective of her son because girls tend to mature quicker than boys. So, mothers don't want girls/women taking advantage of their sons, so they keep a watchful eye on them.

@Seun, it happens like that sometimes. Some mothers are so confident of their son's ability to handle themselves that they don't come across as being very protective. Your mom probably sees that you are strong and think well
for yourself, so she doesn't pay that much attention to you. Believe me, I was once in the same boat. You get over it
with time  wink
Re: First Child by Phlota(f): 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2006
I think d father likes the first child more as a female. im a 1st child, female nd closer 2 my dad.
Re: First Child by windywendy(f): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2006
I agree with GNature on the statement he made about dads and their first born daughters.

On the part of moms being close to their sons, I think the reason most moms are attached to their sons is because the sons are usually more eager to please the mom than are the daughters -- for instance, you're less likely to hear a mom and her son quarelling in the mall about what clothes to buy for back-to-school. The boys are usually more obliging than the girls  kiss kiss kiss. And of course when the little boy becomes a big strong man, he is very protective of his mom, moreso than is the daughter  cheesy cheesy cheesy

But then at some point later in life, I think moms and daughters could develop a special bond that beats that of the moms and sons -- I should know, I developed the same with my mom after I got married and moved out  grin grin Now we call eachother often and spend hours just gisting and laughing, while my brothers only call her occassionally  sad

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Sleeping With Daughter / To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? / She Doesnt Want Proffessional Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.