Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets (17648 Views)

How Buhari Ignored Ugwuanyi Calls To Allow Fulani Herdsmen Massacre Enugu Indige / Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days / Buhari, Osinbajo Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by kurt09(m): 11:07am On Jul 01, 2015
Change is here. They voted for "Baba" if you put am "one chance" na you sabi.

First to comment on second page. This month will make sense o.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by engrajoo1(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2015
Am begining to doubt buhari's integrity

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by mistabiola: 11:09am On Jul 01, 2015
obailala:
If TANoids cannot wait for the first 100 days promised to elapse, they can all go to hell!

Obviously, you're on point cheesy cheesy
Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by forposting147: 11:12am On Jul 01, 2015
=====================================================
Build your dream online! Get an e-Learning scholarship that worth $200,000 for FREE! >> http://forposting147..com/
=====================================================
Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by drss(m): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2015
PMB wants to loot the treasury dry first before he declare his assets public. If not, what is there in making common assets declaration public? President Daura is hiding something.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by galadima77(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2015
Mogidi:

Coming from Premiumtimes, an APC approved propaganda site.
While we await Buhari's public declaration of assets, the dullard is busy amassing wealth.
Don't be surprised if Buhari declares #10b assets in future, he has ample time to loot us dry.

if he's breached the constitution, say so and do the needful or forever hold your peace.

no weapon fashioned against Baba shall see the day...

GEJ till 2019!!! hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2015
grin
Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by HzRF(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2015
PassingShot:
Hasn't the president promised to declare his assets publicly immediately after Code of Conduct Bureau has verified same?

Are we not still "within the 100 days" he promised during his campaign?

Too many jobless journalists!

https://www.nairaland.com/2391559/why-cant-release-details-buhari

Can u nw shut ur stenching gutter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by free13: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2015
Apc news media...... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
Well for a man with no assets outside d country and very few in Nigeria or maybe just in Katsina lyk we were told, i think d code of conduct bureau is rather to slow or that d details is not meant for d public afterall.

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Hashimu: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2015
I do not want to say you are silly cos you may take it I'm insulting you but I think you need to be more intelligent than your comment presents.
The 1999 Constitution of the FRN only stipulates that a declaration of assets be made to the CCB but your Daura President seeking to impress the gullible like you and present himself as a better and more honest person than Jonathan promised to publicly declare his assets once elected. Now election is over and the tune has changed. Didn't Buhari know that the bureau would have to make verifications that will. Of course take time before making the promise?
Yes nobody is expecting him to come to Eagles Square or International Conference Centre (where he chose to deceive his APC senators) to declare his assets as nothing in the constitution demands that but as a supposed man of integrity he is duty bound at least morally to keep his promise. How are we supposed to believe him tomorrow if he fails his first test.

Talking about verification with the CCB I see that as a ploy by Buhari to renege on his promise to Nigerians. Nothing stops him from making the declaration public even while the verification is going on. You guys shouldn't go thinking we are fools cos we aren't.

Bros I think it is good that we always understand issues before we quickly jump to conclusions.
By saying once he is elected into the office he would declare his assets does not necessarily mean that same day and immediately.
Okay we have rules guiding all these proceedings which he would have to follow, by first making submissions and onward verification by the CCB.
Thereafter declarations publicly would be effected.
I think we should exercise some patience for now, and see how things would unfold at least we still have some more days to his 100 days in office. cheers

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by neocortex: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2015
I am not surprised because Babaonechance is the antithesis of everything APC
portrayed him to be.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by eleko1: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2015
Going to hell isn't difficult.The surest/best bet is for theM to take a plunge/Dive into Lagoon/cesspit.Useless pipu
obailala:
If TANoids cannot wait for the first 100 days promised to elapse, they can all go to hell!

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Wildrage: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2015
I can see some sycophants already inventing excuses for the presidents lack of integrity concerning this issue by trying to stretch logic beyond its reasonable limit. For sake of clarity, these are the issues

1) the constitution stipulates that all public officers must declare their assets with the code of conduct bureau once they take up any position of responsibility

2) The president, to bolster his credibility during campaign promised to go beyond the constitutional requirement by publicly declaring his asset

3) as required by the law, he and his vice submitted their assets declaration form to the code of conduct bureau but contrary to his electioneering promise, he has refused to made the form public

4) the excuse of verification by the bureau before publication is lame as it does not change the content of the assets declared. Its just an administrative procedure to confirm if there are discrepancies in what is declared . Changing the content to align with the result of the verification would amount to a crime because the declaration is made under oath

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Planetapeng: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
Estate Manager Urgently Needed @ Prixair Properties Abuja
BSC/HND/OND in Estate Management or equivalent with at least second class lower Estate management experience for at least 2 years of which 1 years must ideally but not compulsorily be an estate manager. Excellent communication skills, result oriented driver, first rate administrator, HR manager Accounting and computer literacy. Experience in management of labor unions/contract service providers and diversified work force added advantage.

Call 07059940132 or CV to bankolebanjo@prixair.com

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by PassingShot(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2015
HzRF:

https://www.nairaland.com/2391559/why-cant-release-details-buhari

Can u nw shut ur stenching gutter
You're obviously an aasshole!

How does CCB saying it lacks the power to make assets public translate to Buhari not making same public?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/184459-buhari-osinbajos-assets-to-be-made-public-after-verification-presidency.html

Me replying you is a honour to you. Do not expect further replies.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Abugab(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2015
kutchs:

I do not want to say you are silly cos you may take it I'm insulting you but I think you need to be more intelligent than your comment presents.
The 1999 Constitution of the FRN only stipulates that a declaration of assets be made to the CCB but your Daura President seeking to impress the gullible like you and present himself as a better and more honest person than Jonathan promised to publicly declare his assets once elected. Now election is over and the tune has changed. Didn't Buhari know that the bureau would have to make verifications that will. Of course take time before making the promise?
Yes nobody is expecting him to come to Eagles Square or International Conference Centre (where he chose to deceive his APC senators) to declare his assets as nothing in the constitution demands that but as a supposed man of integrity he is duty bound at least morally to keep his promise. How are we supposed to believe him tomorrow if he fails his first test.

Talking about verification with the CCB I see that as a ploy by Buhari to renege on his promise to Nigerians. Nothing stops him from making the declaration public even while the verification is going on. You guys shouldn't go thinking we are fools cos we aren't.

And you feel the word silly is apt for you to use here? Do know what it means to be silly? See below:
1. You started by quoting the constitution which says assets must be declared to CCBand that PMB and PYO have done. Do you see the silliness in you?
2. That PMB trying to impress during campaigns said he will declare his assets publicly. Did he say he will come to the open market to do so? He said he will declare his assets publicly in his first 100 days in office. What day are we now? Do you see another silliness here?
Please, I will have to let go because you need to et your silly head fixed. Derelictous human like you.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Umunede(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2015
When I saw President Buhari and his Son with his cows examining books. Something came to my mind. Hope he is not trying to pass over some of his assets to his son before declaring the rest.

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by nortcentrallord(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2015
Mogidi:

While we await Buhari's public declaration of assets, the dullard is busy amassing wealth.
Don't be surprised if Buhari declares #10b assets in future, he has ample time to loot us dry.

He wouldn't dare it. He claimed he borrowed money to purchase the presidential ticket of his party. For all I care, his assets should not be more than the apc presidential ticket.
Well, everything goes in Nigeria. What still amazes me is why the self acclaimed Mr Integrity will not tow the lines of Yaradua or has Yaradua more Integrity than him?

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by topman224(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Why has it taken him this long without declearing his assets? I think the facts remains that in Nigeria the type of leadership is the same. the only difference is when the oppositions are giving their own piece of information to attaract sympathy from the public,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, watch out, the likes of Amechi, Bola Tinubu,Okorocha etc .. who stole billions of Naira from their respective states will be given a clean bill of health, while the opposition will be ment to face the anticurruption agency as usual.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Akon419(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2015
obailala:
100days when he must have looted the country dry and add to his assets he want to declare

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Pheals(f): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2015
..Politics episode !! Too long can't read shit

the distribution won't knock at me

politicians are ludo plays
what if he declare it nko !! It doesn't reduce the billions they we steal

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by blackpanda: 11:39am On Jul 01, 2015
Mogidi:

Please stop talking trash buffoon!
Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 01, 2015
Abugab:
Why do you guys always like revisiting closed books?
President and Vice declared their assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau immediately after swearing-in as it is the body constitutionally entitled to receive assets declaration.
Are you expecting him to come to Eagle Square to announce it?
However, the Bureau will have to verify everything specified in their completed forms as there is a process to follow.
The Committee has not been flouted in any way.
This is the reason why its mandatory to go to school. Take time again to read the headline then take a cup of coffee before reading the body of the message for clarity.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by hibbayueei(m): 11:45am On Jul 01, 2015
Are we still on this issue...

HAVE YOU HEARD THAT.... You can now carry your files/music/video on your OTG Flash Drive and read/play on your mobile android phones or Tablets any where you are... OTG Flash drive are available at a very reduced price... For more information, pls check my signature/Profile.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Correctman0606: 11:46am On Jul 01, 2015
obailala:
Irritated at what?... Buhari not declaring his assets?... Just like I said, we are barely in day 31 out of 100. Anybody who is irritated should go and swallow piriton allergy tablets and stop distracting serious minded people.
You don make sense abi? You nor sabi take Piriton allergy tablets so that you go go sleep and stop talking rubbish out of that oozing mouth like Thiefnu.bu?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Monalisa185(f): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2015
booked for future purpose

stay off
Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by kutchs: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2015
Hashimu:

Bros I think it is good that we always understand issues before we quickly jump to conclusions.
By saying once he is elected into the office he would declare his assets does not necessarily mean that same day and immediately.
Okay we have rules guiding all these proceedings which he would have to follow, by first making submissions and onward verification by the CCB.
Thereafter declarations publicly would be effected.
I think we should exercise some patience for now, and see how things would unfold at least we still have some more days to his 100 days in office. cheers

It's laughable don't you think?

If they had told us from the onset that the assets will be made public 100 days after who do you think will bother them now? They told us 'immediately' and you and me know what immediately means.

While I don't hold it against him even if he doesn't (as there is no constitutional breach) he's morally duty bound to do so for those who believe in him.

Come to think of it why is it taking the CCB all these long to verify the declaration of a man who claims to have nothing other than 150 cows? If it was Dangote or Adenuga or even Uba involved I will understand by Buhari is supposed to be poor nah so it isn't supposed to take more than 1 week.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Noblechykk(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2015
obailala:
What ineptness?.. The man promised to declare his asset publicly within 100 days, we are barely in day 30 and you are crying?... and you tell me it's not a PDP thing?
Buhari didn't give time frame as to when he will make public declaratiin of his assets. He said and I quote him, "if voted into office as the president of Nigeria, I will make public declaration of my assets immediately after assumption of office. I don't have mastery of english language because my papa is not from england but from liitle understanding of what the word "immediate" stands for, buhari has failed on that promise. That's an integrity flaw.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by Abugab(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
Isn't this the headline or do you have another; "How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets"

Then read my comment again and correlate.
You need the education most
Re: How Buhari Ignored Transition Committee’s Recommendation To Declare assets by MKO4ever(m): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
kutchs:

Sorry brother you don't get it. I personally have no issue with public declaration of assetsas it's not a constitutional requirement but we were told during the campaign that he will make the assets public immediately after swearing in. The 100 days stuff came after the swearing in abi no be so? People like me wouldn't have bothered if they had told us 100 days after from the onset. I see the 100 days stuff as a ploy to renege on the promise.

This is how assets declaration works:
--A form is issued to whoever wants to declare assets by the Code of Conduct Bureau
--The form is completed and returned to the bureau
--The Bureau then carries out asset verification/audit
--This is necessary to ascertain the Existence, Ownership Completeness and Accuracy of the assets as declared in the form
--The Bureau then certify the asset declaration form
--The verification is necessary because some Officers usually overstate their assets during asset declaration
--So that by the time they are leaving office, it wouldn't appear as if they acquired so much additional assets during their tenour
--This is the procedure and you know Baba does not like to violate procedures

Baba has said he will make his assets known to the public, therefore let us be patient and reasonable

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Inspects Ekiti PDP Secretariat Site / More Pictures & Video From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Taraba / I Won The Election. They Took Me To Court & I Won. I Am Proud Of Myself- Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.