Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

#beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? (45754 Views)

Man Celebrates His Hot Mother's Birthday On Twitter / Hilarious Tweets As NIGERIAN MUM Trends On Twitter. / #youknowyourmumisnigerian - Hilarious Topic Trending On Nigerian Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

#beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by GoldStandard: 11:01am On Jul 01, 2015
Nigerian females took to Twitter this morning using the hashtag #BeingfemaleinNigeria to highlight the challenges they face in their daily lives.
See screenshots below:
NL'anders what's your take on this?

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 01, 2015
*It's Only in Nigeria that's it is a crime for a woman to have a car and not have a husband.

*When you are a Nigerian lady and you are still single at 30years, pastors will start casting out the spirit of anti-marriage from you.

*For a Nigeria woman, after school you must have two certificates.
University certificate and your marriage certificate.

*"Don't you know how to drive, see how you are driving like a woman"

*Every pretty light skinned girl is an ogbange

*Every single girl that dresses fine and has money is a runs girl.

*Every lady that wears skirt is a good girl. Every one that wears trouser is a bad girl.

#beingfemaleinnigeria

159 Likes 13 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by axiliborha(f): 11:04am On Jul 01, 2015
Well I will dedicate this post to the entire Nairalanders.....you guys are simply the best happy new month....making my post on FP...you all will reach FP today IJN...please can I have 50likes and 10shares.....one love

86 Likes 23 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by toluine56(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2015
misssclassy:
Wow! tongue
Fake missclassy.
Come n see oh Missclassy

4 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Slimzjoe(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2015
Lot of Sentiments Up there

What about when A man Makes money and they all Tag him a Ritualist undecided

Or Not being Married at 30 and Being Suspected to be Gay

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by GoldStandard: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2015
axiliborha:
Hmm

Spill it Lady! Stop hmmming...

IMO... Those tweets have a feminist undertone

3 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Cool. It's beautiful that Nigerian females are beginning to wise up and see the inhumane acts meted on us women.

Feminism is winning. cheesy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2015
I am a male and I understand the point these women are making.

*A female boss controls her male subordinate and he declines, they hail the guy and say she's rude and uncouth.
A male boss does the same to a female, and she declines, they give 20reasons why Nigerian women are rude, uncouth and uncultured.

*A male strives to be successful and he's hailed whether the money is legitimate or illegitimate.
When a female makes a legitimate, she must be runs girl et al.

*A guy sleeps with many women and he still opens mouth to curse females that he probably has slept with.

Bunch of bitter, depressed and frustrated men with forlorn childhood hailed by some of their female masochists.

128 Likes 16 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by angieberry(f): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2015
If you draw eyebrows, you're a runs girl (a male course mate once told me this)

If you're single and you drive a nice car, you'll chase away the men

If you're a man and you sleep with many girls, you're a boss. But if you're a woman, and you sleep with many men. You're a LovePeddler.

When a man gets a doctorate degree, he is very intelligent. But when its a woman, she's too ambitious.

It's okay for a man to drink publicly. But when it's a woman, she's wild.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Stillfire: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
The revolution is just beginning!
Operation say no to the tyrannical excesses of the patriarchal system on womanhood!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by GoldStandard: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
More shots...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by dominique(f): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
I agree, being female in Nigeria has more disadvantages than advantages. So much is expected from her, so little is done for her. Good thing that people are getting more enlightened and are getting to appreciate women more. @007dq and @toyosi made most sense sha.

16 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Stillfire: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
Elnathan John @elnathan
#BeingFemaleInNigeria means that in some parts of the country you can be "married" off to a man at the age of 13 to be raped in perpetuity.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by MKO4ever(m): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2015

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
Some are true.

You make a Mistake in cooking a meal

"E dey follow you go your husband house"

#BeingFemaleInNigeria

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by MemphisDepay(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
dominique:
I agree, being female in Nigeria has more disadvantages than advantages. So much is expected from her, so little is done for her. Good thing that people are getting more enlightened and are getting to appreciate women more. @007dq and @toyosi made most sense sha.
@Toyosi Akerele, you made me to recheck that tweet.
I have met that woman in my church and she's one hell of a vocal woman. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by sonnyudoh(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
To think that this made front page gerrarahea menh shiii

5 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Georgekyrian(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
A new phone / gadget comes out, they don't have the money to purchase it...

3 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by seedorfg(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
what is twitter

3 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by exlink10(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
I don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by delishpot: 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
True sha

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by hensben(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
Women complains/nag a lot, if only they know what nigerian men passes through on daily basis.

12 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by lonelydora: 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
I'm here to read comments. Nairalanders no go kill me with laugh.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by oseiwe(m): 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
ok. blawdy rants.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Expsbterror(m): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
Like play like play, this thing is getting seriously serious. Been female.

No doubt it's not easy been female in Africa at large but we have also seen lots of female icons from the same continent and country sef. It's more about determination. Especially in this new age, anything is just possible.
Check it out, about 4 mother's day have been celebrated, female child's day, children's Day, valentine's day (another females day) and now a lot of transgender mutation is going on.. This is enough to show that a female African child has a lot of prospect than in D days.

BTW Y my hand dey pepper me na.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by RedEagle: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
We have to do more about women's rights

2 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Segadem(m): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
humn

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by tellwisdom: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
98.9% of gurls in Nigeria are unromantic, poor, money hungry, dirty and hoes in disguise angry

31 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family / See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day / Pretty Ladies Can You Do This? Lovely Wedding Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.