Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? (18364 Views)

My Fishes Hardly Survive - Please Help Fish Breeders #sob / The Biggest Fishes In My Fish Farm / Feeding Your Fishes With Crayfish And Indomie, How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
I have ot of maggots here hatched from poultry waste.. Is it OK feeding my fishes with it... is there any side effects. . Fellow fish Farmers in the house, pls reply
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Godfirst2014: 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
maggot is very rich in protein,my brother no side effect.an internationally recognised farm(songhai farm at portnovo even recommend it.read more about this on 'hidden truth about catfish' by robonski
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Godfirst2014:
maggot is very rich in protein,my brother no side effect.an internationally recognised farm(songhai farm at portnovo even recommend it.read more about this on 'hidden truth about catfish' by robonski
thanks bro... I have it a lot here.. Very clean. .
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by kelvin1191(m): 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
Please disinfect the worm before feeding it to the fishes
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
kelvin1191:
Please disinfect the worm before feeding it to the fishes
how do I do that bro?? cry thanks
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by kelvin1191(m): 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Daniel058:
how do I do that bro?? cry thanks

You can use salt but you will get good answers from the professinals if you post your question on the thread that was given to you
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
Daniel058:
I have ot of maggots here hatched from poultry waste.. Is it OK feeding my fishes with it... is there any side effects. . Fellow fish Farmers in the house, pls reply
WASH WITH CLEAN WATER AND USE IT.
THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST NATURAL FOOD FOR THEM. NICE WORK BRO, WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
kelvin1191:

it must not be Robonski alone, there are other geeks there
you are right my bro..
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
Goldenboy842:

WASH WITH CLEAN WATER AND USE IT.
THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST NATURAL FOOD FOR THEM. NICE WORK BRO, WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.
ew! All the thanks bro. . They enjoys it very much.. and picks the thing very fast!!.... grin
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
Daniel058:
ew! All the thanks bro. . They enjoys it very much.. and picks the thing very fast!!.... grin
Do you produce up to a paint bucket
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Goldenboy842:

I can if I take it serious but would be a month issue OOOOO
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Yommiefish(m): 5:09am On Jul 02, 2015
Which pond do you make use of; Earten or Concrete? Either way though, no direct negative effect on the fish only your water might get messy faster and may exposes the fish to some infections. The pollution would be minimal in earten pond. My suggestion is try and change your water regularly if you make use of concrete ponds. Please, also note that you still need other feed to boost your fish weight sir.
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
Yommiefish:
Which pond do you make use of; Earten or Concrete? Either way though, no direct negative effect on the fish only your water might get messy faster and may exposes the fish to some infections. The pollution would be minimal in earten pond. My suggestion is try and change your water regularly if you make use of concrete ponds. Please, also note that you still need other feed to boost your fish weight sir.
yea .. That serves as supplementary. . It's a concrete pond bro..
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
Yommiefish:
I would like to upload a picture of the maggots I harvested recently. . Almost a painter can of it.. U go fear ooo grin
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Goldenboy842:

bros if I upload a picture of my latest maggots harvest, you go fear ooooooooooooooo grin
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
kelvin1191:

it must not be Robonski alone, there are other geeks there
I don harvest another maggots ooooooooooooooo. .. grin
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Daniel058:
bros if I upload a picture of my latest maggots harvest, you go fear ooooooooooooooo grin
Lol maybe you should teach us
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Yommiefish(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2015
Daniel058:
I would like to upload a picture of the maggots I harvested recently. . Almost a painter can of it.. U go fear ooo grin
please do bro. Do you culture them by yourself? Or harvested from poultry dung?

1 Like

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
Yommiefish:
please do bro. Do you culture them by yourself? Or harvested from poultry dung?

from poultry dung.. Sorry I forgot to taking a photo of it. ..
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
Daniel058:

This is a nice idea bro. Please hw do u get the maggots in large quantities. Do u just start picking them from the poultry waste one by one or is there a sort of system that you use. I will gladly be grateful on ur explanation or if you can show hw you collect them with pix will be very helpful. God bless you.
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 9:23am On Jul 19, 2015
Russell145:

This is a nice idea bro. Please hw do u get the maggots in large quantities. Do u just start picking them from the poultry waste one by one or is there a sort of system that you use. I will gladly be grateful on ur explanation or if you can show hw you collect them with pix will be very helpful. God bless you.
OK I will bro next time I harvest and am going to tag you cheesy
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2015
Daniel058:
OK I will bro next time I harvest and am going to tag you cheesy

God bless u brother

1 Like

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by jp130(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
plz pixs o. earthworm n maggots dey like dem
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by CHARLESFISH22: 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
Pls my brothers, am really interested in learning how to produce maggots for fish feeding... I have gained sight from this post and I need more as an intending fish farmer. Thanks house. Daniel058 pls I will lyk to link up with u and every other person in the house who is into Fishery so that I can learn from those who are ahead of me on Watssapp. my number is 08068906659. God bless u all.
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Seun(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
Does anyone know how to get giant maggots? (Black Solder Fly Larvae). They are said to be the best decomposers cos they eat very fast. The soldier flies only live long enough to mate and lay eggs, then they die, making them less of a nuisance. I think some people eat them too.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by midastouch: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
Seun:
Does anyone know how to get giant maggots? (Black Solder Fly Larvae). They are said to be the best decomposers cos they eat very fast. The soldier flies only live long enough to mate and lay eggs, then they die, making them less of a nuisance. I think some people eat them too.

@Seun

I have also been on the lookout for the BSF larvae; the best decomposers there are. I will share any headways made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2015
CHARLESFISH22, Russell145, Seun, midas touch, Robonski1,Yommiefish, Goldenboy842 click to see more on the next page.. . Very clean wink

nikaShow FROM THE POULTRY, PACK THE CHICKEN DUNG, AND HEAP AT A VERY CLEAN PART OF YOUR FARM, ALLOW FOR LETS SAY 4 DAYS... . . By THEN, FLIES WILL B sensing the inbuilt natural perfume the droppings grin .. Though the great donor (flies grin ) may have donated some while still in the poultry farm. .

Make sure its not too or wet, then after 4 DAYS, be ready to harvest your maggots..

There you will see the maggots in thousands,, they may be scattered around the dung but once u start touching, they will all go down to the bottom of the HEAP, gradually remove the top as they move down till you reach where they are. ,. Pack them all into a small tapoline, .. Don't put in a can or bucket else they will start dieing

. ...
. Check the next.....

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Kaykaymil(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2015
The side effect is the fishes can get infected from other parasite in the maggot which can lead to death or sickness of the fishes. i once tried it and for like a two days had to vet my fishes so i restrained from it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know / Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs / Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.