Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? (18451 Views)

My Fishes Hardly Survive - Please Help Fish Breeders #sob / The Biggest Fishes In My Fish Farm / Feeding Your Fishes With Crayfish And Indomie, How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2015
packing the maggots filled part of the dung into a tapoline

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2015
fetch a bucket of clean water, wash the maggots, and remove some dirts nikaShow

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2015
I dey come

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2015
after that, put a litre of water or two in kettle, allowing to boil for few minutes. .. [NOTE:it shouldn't be too hot] pour into a bucket, u put ur washed maggots, they will all starts floating , they use sieve to nikaShow

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 29, 2015
Boy!!! This serious guy... Kudos bro..hw do u harvest this much, is it the amount of poultry dung that u use that determines the quantityt produced or what?
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
Russell145:
Boy!!! This serious guy... Kudos bro..hw do u harvest this much, is it the amount of poultry dung that u use that determines the quantityt produced or what?
yep
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by jp130(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
oboy u tite pas my pant. i use it 2 feed tilapia wher i de kip 4 backyard. i wish i cn get it in large qnty like u. hop dis tilapia grows

1 Like

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by age2richee: 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
Serious farmers wouldn't use maggots to feed fish. It's outdated because it didn't yield an expected result in the past . Maggots are made up of over 70% water. Yes! The fish eats it very fast but does that result in speedy growth? Think about it man.
Daniel058:
I have ot of maggots here hatched from poultry waste.. Is it OK feeding my fishes with it... is there any side effects. . Fellow fish Farmers in the house, pls reply

1 Like

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by nikaShow(m): 6:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Daniel058 kindly explain the procedure for raising so much maggots. And how You do it to always have it consistently.

age2richee, this maggots would serve as supplementary. The maggots are rich in protein and you still feed them your normal standardized fish feed. You get your 'fish weight' result in shorter time than if you were using only feed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Seun(m): 7:49am On Jul 31, 2015
age2richee:
Serious farmers wouldn't use maggots to feed fish. It's outdated because it didn't yield an expected result in the past . Maggots are made up of over 70% water. Yes! The fish eats it very fast but does that result in speedy growth? Think about it man.
If you can turn manure into food for your fish, then I see no reason not to do it and waste the manure. Maggots are high in protein and fat.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:28am On Jul 31, 2015
age2richee:
Sorry man, you are not a practicing farmer if I'm to say.. simply learn from us. . Thanks for understanding.. cool

You can easily Learn more from here http://www.agriprotein.com/

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by nairalife2013(m): 8:36am On Jul 31, 2015
Seun:
If you can turn manure into food for your fish, then I see no reason not to do it and waste the manure. Maggots are high in protein and fat.
maggots! ...I don wanto it fish tagain, in my baby dota's voice.

1 Like

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
This can reduce cost of feeding by 30% or more than.

1 Like

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 8:21am On Aug 04, 2015
jp130:
oboy u tite pas my pant. i use it 2 feed tilapia wher i de kip 4 backyard. i wish i cn get it in large qnty like u. hop dis tilapia grows
no poultry farm around ur area ? ? grin
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
Daniel058:
no poultry farm around ur area ? ? grin
YOU have to teach us or I will come to ur farm n collect fishes
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by enema1984(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
How can I use poultry dump to form maggots for my fish
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
Goldenboy842:

YOU have to teach us or I will come to ur farm n collect fishes
Lol i explain every uploaded pictures.. Check again nah..
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 10:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
enema1984:
How can I use poultry dump to form maggots for my fish
Bro, check each pic to see my explanations.. smiley
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 6:15am On Aug 05, 2015
Daniel058:
OKAY BRO
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by nikaShow(m): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Daniel058:awesome! Great one bro... what does the 'rinsing with hot water' achieve? Just sterilization?
And how many paint buckets would You need to feed a 1000 fish pond in a meal?
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
nikaShow:
Daniel058:awesome! Great one bro... what does the 'rinsing with hot water' achieve? Just sterilization?
And how many paint buckets would You need to feed a 1000 fish pond in a meal?
not actually rinsing, the hot water only make them floats since they will all starts struggling to escape, as they float, use sieve to gather them. .

As for the the quantity, it depend on how old your fishes are . Remember it only serves as supplements, because it contains protein majorly...just feed till they stop eating.. ..
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
I'll have to try it on poultry production
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
Daniel058:
Do you heap the poultry droppings on concrete floor or Sandy ground
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Yommiefish(m): 9:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
Daniel058:
CHARLESFISH22, Russell145, Seun, midas touch, Robonski1,Yommiefish, Goldenboy842 click to see more on the next page.. . Very clean wink

nikaShow FROM THE POULTRY, PACK THE CHICKEN DUNG, AND HEAP AT A VERY CLEAN PART OF YOUR FARM, ALLOW FOR LETS SAY 4 DAYS... . . By THEN, FLIES WILL B sensing the inbuilt natural perfume the droppings grin .. Though the great donor (flies grin ) may have donated some while still in the poultry farm. .

Make sure its not too or wet, then after 4 DAYS, be ready to harvest your maggots..

There you will see the maggots in thousands,, they may be scattered around the dung but once u start touching, they will all go down to the bottom of the HEAP, gradually remove the top as they move down till you reach where they are. ,. Pack them all into a small tapoline, .. Don't put in a can or bucket else they will start dieing

. ...
. Check the next.....
Great revelation.
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Do you heap the poultry droppings on concrete floor or Sandy ground
AS of now I still heap on bare ground

grin . . I'm also planning to cage some flies soon..
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yommiefish:
Great revelation.
thanks bro
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Goldenboy842(m): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
Daniel058:
AS of now I still heap on bare ground

grin . . I'm also planning to cage some flies soon..
Okay. Is it droppings from battery cage system or deep litter system?
My available droppings is from deep litter system, I don't know if this will work out?
Your advice is needed sir.
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Daniel058(m): 12:03am On Aug 09, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Okay. Is it droppings from battery cage system or deep litter system?
My available droppings is from deep litter system, I don't know if this will work out?
Your advice is needed sir.
they are all the same sir...
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Ifedayour007(m): 4:58am On Aug 18, 2016
age2richee:

Now you are talking about what you don't know like you know it all. Do your research and you will see you're very wrong. Smh.
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by Schoolguy9(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Do you feed them RAW? or dried, sir?

1 Like

Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by sagac10us: 8:21am On Aug 19, 2016
URGENT!!!!!!
CATFISH AVAILABLE FOR SALE....... 1KG SIZE ON D AVERAGE ONLY....... AT SAGAMU OGUN STATE, CONTACT: 08137138189 PRICE: CALL AND NEGOTIATE....
THANKS
Re: Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects?? by fm7070: 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Kaykaymil:
The side effect is the fishes can get infected from other parasite in the maggot which can lead to death or sickness of the fishes. i once tried it and for like a two days had to vet my fishes so i restrained from it.

where is that discovery coming from?
since you heard flies producing maggot,
you dey form your own theory

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs / What Are The Requirements For Cold Room Business / NSCDC Intensifies Protection Of Farmers. Nigerians Seek More Funding For Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.