Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Is Our Gospel Truly Universal??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Our Gospel Truly Universal??? (735 Views)

Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? / The Universal Declaration Of Peace and Safety and the End Of Time. / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Our Gospel Truly Universal??? by omortoyosi01(m): 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
It was a cold sunday morning, woke up very late and i was already running late for service.
''abeg who dey dere'' i called out to the element of time wastage factor bathing in the only one bathroom we all manage in our face me i slap you apartment...''nah me oo oga willy'' the woman in the bathroom yelled out. I was dumbfounded, cos the woman taking her bath was very notorious for staying in the bathroom close to an hour or two depending on the type of occasion she's going to.
I had wanted to settle for the ''boju bose'' style of bathing when i heard the old bathroom door opening, i ran into the bathroom like i'm been chased, took a quick bath, stayed not more than a minute and ran out. ''bros nah bath yu take so?? people outside were mocking me, i ignored them and ran inside my room...''una no go make me loose my blessings for church today i tot''.
I prepared, ate some food cos i hate going to church on an empty stomach, drank some water instead of the normal captain jack i normally drink before going to church when i was still a sinner and ran off to the church [ had my church just a stone throw to my house so i shouldn't be going late to avoid being tagged an unserious fellow ].
When i got to the church the sunday school was already going on which we normally call search the scriptures in our church, and the topic was ''THE UNIVERSAL GOSPEL'' there our teacher thought us how universal our gospel is, how the same gospel been taught in our church is the same been thought in another church in borno, nassarawa, kontagora, america, limpopo, india and every part of the world. I didn't agree with this teaching so i concluded that i'll ask questions about it when it is time to do so. Eventually the time came and i found myself bombarding our leader with different questions like how come our gospel is universal and gays are accepted in some churches in england and they ain't accepted in ours, how come women do not always have to cover up there heads in some churches and they must always cover up in ours, how come trousers and mini skirts are allowed in some churches even here in Nigeria and ain't allowed in ours. Anointing oils, holy waters, praying on mountains, dancing to the alter to drop tithes and offerings and all sorts are allowed in some churches and are not accepted in others, why are some pastors/believers running after money when the bible clearly says we should not run after the things of the world or why are some running after politics and politicians when the bible clearly says we should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers and the most painful thing is that the pastors/believers of these churches back up there acts with passages from the bible even when fvcking another man's wife #smh
Well i can't really blame them cos in a bid to simplify the bible, the sweetness have been lost, imagine a verse in the kjv been interpreted as ''virgin'' and another bible version interpreting it as a ''young woman''
Our pastor later explained to me that they are all church traditions and that people are only twisting the bible cos of their pockets and to suit the people of the world and that the true word of the Lord is universal and undilluted.

SO THE QUESTION NOW IS DIRECTED TO EVERYONE IN HERE...IS OUR GOSPEL TRULY UNIVERSAL
Re: Is Our Gospel Truly Universal??? by Scholar8200(m): 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
omortoyosi01:
It was a cold sunday morning, woke up very late and i was already running late for service.
''abeg who dey dere'' i called out to the element of time wastage factor bathing in the only one bathroom we all manage in our face me i slap you apartment...''nah me oo oga willy'' the woman in the bathroom yelled out. I was dumbfounded, cos the woman taking her bath was very notorious for staying in the bathroom close to an hour or two depending on the type of occasion she's going to.
I had wanted to settle for the ''boju bose'' style of bathing when i heard the old bathroom door opening, i ran into the bathroom like i'm been chased, took a quick bath, stayed not more than a minute and ran out. ''bros nah bath yu take so?? people outside were mocking me, i ignored them and ran inside my room...''una no go make me loose my blessings for church today i tot''.
I prepared, ate some food cos i hate going to church on an empty stomach, drank some water instead of the normal captain jack i normally drink before going to church when i was still a sinner and ran off to the church [ had my church just a stone throw to my house so i shouldn't be going late to avoid being tagged an unserious fellow ].
When i got to the church the sunday school was already going on which we normally call search the scriptures in our church, and the topic was ''THE UNIVERSAL GOSPEL'' there our teacher thought us how universal our gospel is, how the same gospel been taught in our church is the same been thought in another church in borno, nassarawa, kontagora, america, limpopo, india and every part of the world. I didn't agree with this teaching so i concluded that i'll ask questions about it when it is time to do so. Eventually the time came and i found myself bombarding our leader with different questions like how come our gospel is universal and gays are accepted in some churches in england and they ain't accepted in ours, how come women do not always have to cover up there heads in some churches and they must always cover up in ours, how come trousers and mini skirts are allowed in some churches even here in Nigeria and ain't allowed in ours. Anointing oils, holy waters, praying on mountains, dancing to the alter to drop tithes and offerings and all sorts are not allowed in some churches and are not accepted in others, why are some pastors/believers running after money when the bible clearly says we should not run after the things of the world or why are some running after politics and politicians when the bible clearly says we should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers and the most painful thing is that the pastors/believers of these churches back up there acts with passages from the bible even when fvcking another man's wife #smh
Well i can't really blame them cos in a bid to simplify the bible, the sweetness have been lost, imagine a verse in the kjv been interpreted as ''virgin'' and another bible version interpreting it as a ''young woman''
Our pastor later explained to me that they are all church traditions and that people are only twisting the bible cos of their pockets and to suit the people of the world and that the true word of the Lord is universal and undilluted.

SO THE QUESTION NOW IS DIRECTED TO EVERYONE IN HERE...IS OUR GOSPEL TRULY UNIVERSAL

Can you give a summary of what you understand the Gospel to mean?

And do you imagine that only one denomination will get to Heaven?

Just like the Church in sardis (Revelation 3), some churches the world over (not all though)have a number that the Lord recognise as His own irrespective of their denomination nor is the selection without a reason:

Revelations 3:4
Yet you still have a few [persons’] names in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes, and they shall walk with Me in white, because they are worthy and deserving.

I look forward to your answer to my first question.
Re: Is Our Gospel Truly Universal??? by omortoyosi01(m): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:

Can you give a summary of what you understand the Gospel to mean?

And do you imagine that only one denomination will get to Heaven?

Just like the Church in sardis (Revelation 3), some churches the world over (not all though)have a number that the Lord recognise as His own irrespective of their denomination nor is the selection without a reason:

Revelations 3:4
Yet you still have a few [persons’] names in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes, and they shall walk with Me in white, because they are worthy and deserving.

I look forward to your answer to my first question.
well.. I believe gospel simply means good news and if we go tru d new testament very well.. We'll see how the apostles didn't take it with levity of hand and they didn't turn it to money making venture either.
So I'm wondering why people are twisting everything this days now
Re: Is Our Gospel Truly Universal??? by Scholar8200(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
omortoyosi01:
well.. I believe gospel simply means good news and if we go tru d new testament very well.. We'll see how the apostles didn't take it with levity of hand and they didn't turn it to money making venture either.
So I'm wondering why people are twisting everything this days now
Okay. But I meant what exactly are the contents of the Gospel? Or how would you summarise the news in the Goodnews?
Re: Is Our Gospel Truly Universal??? by omortoyosi01(m): 11:14am On Jul 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Okay. But I meant what exactly are the contents of the Gospel? Or how would you summarise the news in the Goodnews?
i Don't get yu

(1) (Reply)

The Agony Of Gethsemane / Who Should Christians Avoid? / Who Can Be Saved By Our Lord Jesus Christ? Read And Have A Change In Your Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.