Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday (18285 Views)

Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi / An Important Lesson All Job Seekers Should Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by labamo07(m): 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Your chances of securing jobs in Nigeria are getting slimmer. Best bet, while waiting for government to do necessary reform, get involved in some trade or get a skill. There are many things you could do even with zero naira, you can talk to your friends/relatives who work in a company, find something to supply to them. Sharpen your skills. By the way that boy named Memphisdepay needs help/deliverance, the boy is just wasting his talent or is he high on morphine.
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by tgmservice: 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
All will be well jobseekers as once a frustrated jobseeker turned enterpreneur I encourage new start ups by offering a free logo, absolutely free contact me on 08170736942 or www.tgmwebservices.com I also give web design services
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by MemphisDepay(m): 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
labamo07:
Your chances of securing jobs in Nigeria are getting slimmer. Best bet, while waiting for government to do necessary reform, get involved in some trade or get a skill. There are many things you could do even with zero naira, you can talk to your friends/relatives who work in a company, find something to supply to them. Sharpen your skills. By the way that boy named Memphisdepay needs help/deliverance, the boy is just wasting his talent or is he high on morphine.
lol
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by stag: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
elnino2015:

You are perfectly correct bro!

It's FBN Microfinance.

Wow! I'm shocked. It is awful sad that FirstBank brand would engage in such a stance. I'm disappointed.
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by level10: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
Dopefiend:

I get it, but that does not mean there are no good Christians willing to go the extra mile for people they hardly know. Bad eggs abound everywhere.

May God bless us all
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by level10: 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
Dopefiend:

I get it, but that does not mean there are no good Christians willing to go the extra mile for people they hardly know. Bad eggs abound everywhere.

may God bless us all
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by lonelydora: 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
Even before I got work. Fidelity and Skye bank offer me job which I rejected as an applicant. I wonder why people still look for job in banks.
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by benebaby77: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
majidyusuf:
Ko
Space Booker caught red-handed
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
majidyusuf:
Why are you hiding their identity?

It's FBN Microfinance, a subsidiary of First Bank.
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by agrovick(m): 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
elohorayodele:
beta plan towards starting your own biz and become an employer too.

Salary can not make you wealthy n rich
What happens when everyone becomes an entrepreneur?

1 Like

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by Trustworthiness: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
ukipet1:
hmmm, God will help us

God helps those who helped themselves. Think out of the box and be an employer of labour yourself.
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by sexybaykay: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
elnino2015:
Sometimes, I just wonder how all these crazy demands from job seekers started in this country.

Companies advertise for Graduate Trainee openings stipulating maximum age of 24 years and yet stating Masters degree is added advantage.Apparently, they expect one to have a Masters degree at age 24.

There was a job opening in one of the new generation banks I saw few weeks back stating they only need graduates from foreign universities or those having MSc or MBA from a foreign university.How crazy? For a job opening in Nigeria, you are shutting the doors to Nigerian trained graduates. What happened to Corporate Social Responsibility and labour laws in Nigeria?

Or is it the maltreatment of Direct Sales Agents and Contract staffs in our financial institutions. These people who are employed as DSAs are also graduates but they face inhumane treatments in our banks. They give them crazy targets and pay them peanuts.
How irrational our Nigerian employers have become, subjecting someone to inhumane and unfavourable work conditions and yet still expect maximum productivity from such dehumanized and unhappy employee? How possible is that?

What prompted me to write this write up was my experience with a leading Microfinance bank in Nigeria today. I did an interview with the bank,passed the interview, did medicals and was asked to provide 3 guarantors before I'll be issued my appointment letter.

The crazy part of the guarantor thing is that the bank wants my guarantors to issue them a blank cheque; and attach 6 months statement of accounts. Where on earth does a prospective employer request for blank cheque as part of the requirements of a guarantor before issuing employment letter.

This has left me confused and pondering what kind of country is this?
My dear.. na God and man know man because i am below 24 with a foreign degree and am at home... so dont think all foreign grafuates are working. As a matter of fact.. all my mates are at home in nigeria cuz there is no work

1 Like

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by sacredsaint(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
that is naija 4 u
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
U refusing to disclose their name is part of the problem. Lords knows I'd call them out real quick.
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
benebaby77:

Space Booker caught red-handed
haha, I am the chairman
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
elnino2015:

thank you, you just saved someone from wasting time going through all their process
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by nkemjacob2(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
I am working in a school, dey pay #15000 Graduate. They dnt hide it, they will tell u they have being sacking staffs. Nd they can sack anytime if u under perform to their expectations. They will sack. Nd they employ anytime. They make u feel like a modern slave. God will help us in the country

1 Like

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
level10:

d wickedness we Christians show to each other is nothing compared to theirs..The wickedness I have passed through in d hands of a pastor is a write off...At times fellow Christians make one question his existence. .Well I'm not arguing. .but Muslim's have showed me more love so far..Even in the aspect of Employment. .
Gbam!!!! Bros, u are on point. I always tell people dis & i will continue. Aside d crisis rocking d North & its people, they remain d best

2 Likes

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by 6fit(f): 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
babaijesha:
We live in a corrupt/ capitalist country with no trust on both side, employee angle and employer angle. Every side trying to take advantage of each other. Like the quote from Achebe, “Eneke the bird says that since men have learnt to shoot without missing, he has learnt to fly without perching.”

u are fucking correct...lack of trust on d path of both employer and employee lead to those unreasonable job conditions
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by 1stola: 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
elnino2015:
Sometimes, I just wonder how all these crazy demands from job seekers started in this country.

Companies advertise for Graduate Trainee openings stipulating maximum age of 24 years and yet stating Masters degree is added advantage.Apparently, they expect one to have a Masters degree at age 24.

There was a job opening in one of the new generation banks I saw few weeks back stating they only need graduates from foreign universities or those having MSc or MBA from a foreign university.How crazy? For a job opening in Nigeria, you are shutting the doors to Nigerian trained graduates. What happened to Corporate Social Responsibility and labour laws in Nigeria?

Or is it the maltreatment of Direct Sales Agents and Contract staffs in our financial institutions. These people who are employed as DSAs are also graduates but they face inhumane treatments in our banks. They give them crazy targets and pay them peanuts.
How irrational our Nigerian employers have become, subjecting someone to inhumane and unfavourable work conditions and yet still expect maximum productivity from such dehumanized and unhappy employee? How possible is that?

What prompted me to write this write up was my experience with a leading Microfinance bank in Nigeria today. I did an interview with the bank,passed the interview, did medicals and was asked to provide 3 guarantors before I'll be issued my appointment letter.

The crazy part of the guarantor thing is that the bank wants my guarantors to issue them a blank cheque; and attach 6 months statement of accounts. Where on earth does a prospective employer request for blank cheque as part of the requirements of a guarantor before issuing employment letter.

Sue the ídiots

Report them to Nigerian labor Congress, efcc, icc etc angry

1 Like

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by damiloladuke: 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
not their fault

HOW I PRANKED THE GIRL THAT WANTED TO CHOP MY MONEY www.nairaland.com/2414463/how-pranked-girl-wanted-2chop
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by KissQ(f): 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
elnino2015:

Dats how I saw one microfinance bank that advertised and they specifically said they wanted graduates from covenant,babcock,igbenedion or any foreign uni, I was like "wah..." so we wen our papa no get money to send us go CU and dem brothers we no go get work again bah,It's really a crazy situation sha,only God can help us.
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by KissQ(f): 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
damiloladuke:
not their fault

HOW I PRANKED THE GIRL THAT WANTED TO CHOP MY MONEY
www.nairaland.com/2414463/how-pranked-girl-wanted-2chop

Whose fault is it? Yours?
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by scippy: 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
elnino2015:

Pls,what is the name of the new generation bank?Also,kindly help to provide d link for the job,if it's still open.Thanks bros.
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by damiloladuke: 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
KissQ:

Whose fault is it? Yours?
mine and yours..... sha visit my blog and wish me happy birthday
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by Taiwohmo: 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
The reality is that getting a job is even a job on its own.
Friends, even if you are very passionate about getting a job, you could still start a small business and use it to sustain yourself.
Simply identify what people need in your locality or community, and think of a very innovative way to help them meet those needs: It may be in form of goods or services.
Friends, there are lots of opportunities for self-employment in Nigeria which we really need to take advantage of.
Simply evaluate yourself and discover what you are very good at doing- It may be cooking, sowing, speaking, counselling, computing, teaching, marketing, essay writing, farming, singing, drawing, etc.
Nigeria is Africa's most populous nation- Therefore, the market is not a problem.
And to those that are already employed, I want to encourage you to also have a small business by the side (and employ people); doing that will help you to be financially sustainable.
Finally, I think this info will really benefit some people. Let me also inform everyone of an ongoing mid-year website promo for small and medium scale enterprises, powered by SuperSolve Technology. The company is making it possible for SMEs to own a modern website (that will help to promote and enhance their business entreprises easily and effectively) at a very affordable price with lots of benefits within the promo period (promo ends on 10th July, 2015). For detailed information and to benefit from it, you could visit www.supersolve.com.ng/promo
All the best!
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by ttmacoy: 3:38am On Jul 02, 2015
What's up with this salary can't make you rich and everyone must do business mentality all over nairaland?

Not everyone via cut out for business and besides a very very large proportion of businesses fail within 2-3 years.

Also saying salary cannot make you rich is deceiving. There are many rich people from salary.

In summary some people will make it owning their business, others will make it being an expert in certain areas helping those with business ideas to grow it into corporations.

elohorayodele:
beta plan towards starting your own biz and become an employer too.

Salary can not make you wealthy n rich

1 Like

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by KissQ(f): 6:20am On Jul 02, 2015
damiloladuke:
mine and yours..... sha visit my blog and wish me happy birthday

grin grin oya happy birthday,wullnp
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by ttmacoy: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
We all do trade by barter lol

Not everyone can and should be entrepreneurs. We need scientists, we need researchers etc as well as business men.

agrovick:

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by ttmacoy: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
I remember seeing something similar from access bank as well

elnino2015:

Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by elohorayodele: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
ttmacoy:
What's up with this salary can't make you rich and everyone must do business mentality all over nairaland?

Not everyone via cut out for business and besides a very very large proportion of businesses fail within 2-3 years.

Also saying salary cannot make you rich is deceiving. There are many rich people from salary.

In summary some people will make it owning their business, others will make it being an expert in certain areas helping those with business ideas to grow it into corporations.

Many people are rich from salary- Name anyone among the top 100 richest in the world or in africa that's an 8-6 worker?
Re: Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday by elohorayodele: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
agrovick:

Everyone cannot be an entrepreneur, only the smart ones will. and those who are not will work for them and make them wealthy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Visited Your N-Power Physical Verification Centre? / Customer Care Job Vacancy At UNC Enterprises / Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.