Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,032 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad (37510 Views)

Between Jesus And Paul, Who Founded Christianity And It Doctrines. / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by Rilwayne001: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Demmzy15:
You're very stubborn! grin
Lol...very funny pics. grin

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by tijusegele(m): 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
Its comparable and also nt jesus brought in a religion cal xtainity 2 d world and mohamed introduced islam 2 d world dat only d way u can can compare dem but apart frm dat its far far uncomparable to dos who ondastand
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by Demmzy15(m): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol...very funny pics. grin
Lol bros no mind dem o

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
your questions don't always make sense.
Because you lack sense to comprehend....what's nonsense about my question

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
plainbibletruth:

It is a historical document. Whether it is based on facts and worthy of acceptance is another matter. 

( Just as Shakespeare's 'Julius Caesar' is. Whether an incident there should be accepted as right or wrong is another matter)

For those who claim to hold on to it, the issue is whether that accept it's statements about the uniqueness of Jesus regarding his sinlessness in addition to his combined uniqueness in supernatural birth, supernatural life and supernatural end of his human life. 

Do you believe in the Quran's claim about Jesus' uniqueness?
Uniqueness means to hav no equal right?
here's what The quran says
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 59ً:ُ
Verily, in the sight of God, the nature of Jesus is as the nature of Adam, whom He created out of dust and then said unto him, "Be" - and he is.
So your answer is NO!
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Anas09:
Pls Mustymatics and Crusadistic, where are they Empree, Rilwayne.
Answer the questions posted to you. You all jump from place to place as though you are standing on ants.
1). Why is Jesus the only Sinless Prophet in ur koran. When Mohammed is as good as Satan?
2). Who are the "we, us, and our" Allah keeps referring to?
3). Why does Allah who is suppose to be god need "PEACE". You always say peace be unto him. Why? Is he in any kind of trouble.
3). What is Allah doing with all the blood being offered to him by muslims everyday?
4). Who are "Allat, Malat, and Uzzah?
Simple questions you can't answer, yet you claim you have won an arguement.
Why do we hear of gay pastors?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by Anas09: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
You know the Answer to that. You read the Bible, even when u read it to find faults, never-the-less, you read it. You know what it says concerning everything happening now. Anyone who does contrary to Yawey's statudes is none of His. Eg. Mohammed, the false brethren(Tares) who are inside the Chruch to make the Church look bad. Truth is, we don't shield and justify them like the Muslims do Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by Anas09: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mustymatics. Where are my answers?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by plainbibletruth: 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
mustymatic:

Uniqueness means to hav no equal right?
here's what The quran says
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 59ً:ُ
Verily, in the sight of God, the nature of Jesus is as the nature of Adam, whom He created out of dust and then said unto him, "Be" - and he is.
So your answer is NO!

All humans have flesh but some excel in one area or the other more than most. For example, majority cannot do the 100 meters dash in 10 seconds. If I asked you if the man who does 100 meters in less than 10 second is extraordinary (has no equal) in that respect, what would your answer be?

In the same Jesus had human nature like Adam but was still above and beyond other humans, unique regarding his sinlessness in addition to his combined uniqueness in supernatural birth, supernatural life and supernatural end of his human life. 

So, unless you  are saying that this single verse you quoted invalidates all the other ones about Jesus' uniqueness or that the Quran is contradicting itself, you really have to accept the FACT of his uniqueness unless you want to disregard the Quran or even disbelieve it. 

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 4:03am On Jul 08, 2015
plainbibletruth:

All humans have flesh but some excel in one area or the other more than most. For example, majority cannot do the 100 meters dash in 10 seconds. If I asked you if the man who does 100 meters in less than 10 second is extraordinary (has no equal) in that respect, what would your answer be?

In the same Jesus had human nature like Adam but was still above and beyond other humans, unique regarding his sinlessness in addition to his combined uniqueness in supernatural birth, supernatural life and supernatural end of his human life. 

So, unless you  are saying that this single verse you quoted invalidates all the other ones about Jesus' uniqueness or that the Quran is contradicting itself, you really have to accept the FACT of his uniqueness unless you want to disregard the Quran or even disbelieve it. 
No brother, what are the uniqueness, we Muslims believe he perfomed miracles by the will of his Creator, other prophets before him did, so what are you saying? he was given birth without having a father, Adam had neither father nor mother, why don't you worship him too, how miraculous is that? Jesus is not beyond other prophets..
The quran doesn't in anyway contradict itself.
peace!
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 4:22am On Jul 08, 2015
Anas09:
Mustymatics. Where are my answers?
All you're saying are wrong, do more research and I'll answer you, for e.g where do you see that He needs peace? He created "peace"
'we' us' our' have been resolved, laat uzzah, manat, u can find using Google, Jesus is not the only 'sinless' prophet in the quran
goes on like that.....
Why are there 'gay' pastors? do Christians take their religion for some show or what? so long as you perfom miracle you're accepted?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by plainbibletruth: 8:27am On Jul 08, 2015
mustymatic:

No brother, what are the uniqueness, we Muslims believe he perfomed miracles by the will of his Creator, other prophets before him did, so what are you saying? he was given birth without having a father, Adam had neither father nor mother, why don't you worship him too, how miraculous is that? Jesus is not beyond other prophets..
The quran doesn't in anyway contradict itself.
peace!

I'm not just pointing at ONE area but stating that NO SINGLE person COMBINES all these unique attributes together. Jesus Christ was the ONLY ONE who had ALL these attributes IN ONE PERSON. 

Adam sinned. Jesus was sinless. That makes him uniquely different from Adam. 
In fact no other person or prophet matched him in this uniqueness. Is there one?

Other prophets may have exhibited one thing or the other that Jesus did. But NONE of them combines ALL in one person

Do you now see that he is the ONLY PERSON who ever lived who had ALL these unique attributes together to make him the MOST UNIQUE and supernatural person who ever lived?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2015
plainbibletruth:

I'm not just pointing at ONE area but stating that NO SINGLE person COMBINES all these unique attributes together. Jesus Christ was the ONLY ONE who had ALL these attributes IN ONE PERSON. 

In fact no other person or prophet matched him in this uniqueness. Is there one?

Other prophets may have exhibited one thing or the other that Jesus did. But NONE of them combines ALL in one person

Do you now see that he is the ONLY PERSON who ever lived who had ALL these unique attributes together to make him the MOST UNIQUE and supernatural person who ever lived?

Muhammad pbuh never sinned, Ibrahim, Yusuf, Mary, Etcetera
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2015
plainbibletruth:

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by plainbibletruth: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2015
mustymatic:

Mustymatic, are you being sincere or is it that you want to just respond?

Can you show clearly how "Muhammad pbuh never sinned, Ibrahim, Yusuf, Mary, Etcetera"?

But also note what I said previously: 
Other prophets may have exhibited one thing or the other that Jesus did. But NONE of them combines ALL in one person. 

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
plainbibletruth:

Mustymatic, are you being sincere or is it that you want to just respond?

Can you show clearly how "Muhammad pbuh never sinned, Ibrahim, Yusuf, Mary, Etcetera"?

But also note what I said previously: 
Other prophets may have exhibited one thing or the other that Jesus did. But NONE of them combines ALL in one person. 

SHOW WHERE THEY'VE SINNED.
Don't think that jus cos u seek for forgiveness means u hav sinned
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by plainbibletruth: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
mustymatic:

SHOW WHERE THEY'VE SINNED.
Don't think that jus cos u seek for forgiveness means u hav sinned

You seem to be forgetting something here: You were the one that first made the statement that they never sinned.  So it is your responsibility to prove it, not push it at me. You're the one to SHOW HOW THEY NEVER SINNED. Once you do that the issue should be resolved. 

Besides, my major point is still this: Jesus is the ONLY PERSON who ever lived who had ALL these unique attributes together to make him the MOST UNIQUE and supernatural person who ever lived. 

Do you dispute this?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mustymatic(m): 4:18am On Jul 10, 2015
plainbibletruth:

You seem to be forgetting something here: You were the one that first made the statement that they never sinned.  So it is your responsibility to prove it, not push it at me. You're the one to SHOW HOW THEY NEVER SINNED. Once you do that the issue should be resolved. 

Besides, my major point is still this: Jesus is the ONLY PERSON who ever lived who had ALL these unique attributes together to make him the MOST UNIQUE and supernatural person who ever lived. 

Do you dispute this?
YES

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by plainbibletruth: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2015
Even in the face of facts there are those who will still choose to hold on to the contrary. 

A lie repeated well enough becomes accepted as true. The power of repetition has been used by many Muslims to fool other Muslims and even non-Muslims into accepting claims that are non-existent in the Quran. 

The Muslim has been made to repeat some things for so long that it has virtually become impossible for him to imagine the error of such statements or even think through such statements to see errors.  

Any honest Muslim who goes through the Quran carefully cannot but realize that even in the Quran Jesus is more than a prophet; indeed more than all the other prophets. 

No one can face a wrong direction and find himself in the right destination. 

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
menesheh:

You don't know right?

Science is just a model setup to thoroughly (i mean thoroughly) examine and substantiate everythings possible. The possibilities should be within the reach of time, space and matter to the best (i mean the best) of human physical and mental capability.

Any story or thesis that can't be substantiated is irrelevant. Any claim of the ultimate cause of the universe at this moment is silly. science never for once claim to know absolutely but are following wherever any convincing evidence leads even faith if there is any.

Since you either wouldn't read or couldn't read for whatever reason I'll oblige you to post the three possibilities of the universe and how we can by the law of logic and science arrive at the conclusion that confirms the Bible. Below is the quote from the thread that you have refused to peruse.

There is no assumption in my claim that the God almighty created all things and I can use the laws of logic and the laws of science to prove this:

There are only three possibilities from where the universe can come from. By way of elimination we will arrive at the scientific evidence of the origin of the universe which took just 6 days.

(1). The universe created itself; or

(2). The universe has always existed, or

(3). The universe was created.

1. The universe created itself:

Can something create itself? Can nothing create something? The answer to these is an absolute No. We all know that something cannot create itself and nothing can't create something. From Latin we have the phrase "ex nihilo, nihil fit" meaning "from nothing, nothing comes." It also violates the law of cause and effect, that says for every effect there must be a cause. The effect can't be greater than the cause and nothing cannot be greater than something. Therefore, based on the laws of science and logic, the universe couldn't have created itself. That leaves us with options 2 and 3.

2. The univese has always existed:

Lets go to the 2nd law of thermodynamics that basically teaches that "the whole universe is losing usable energy for doing usable work." This means that the usable energy in this universe is wearing down. The universe as a whole is losing energy. In other words, molecules as a whole are slowing down.

Therefore, if this universe was eternal we will be in what is called a "virtual heat death." This means that there will be virtually no molecular movement. Everything would have lost its available heat energy for doing work. Therefore, the universe cannot be eternal, it must have had a beginning. The theory that the universe has always existed or is eternal has to be false based on the law of science and logic, another speculation gone with the air. This leaves us with only one possibility based on science. Which is that:

3. The universe was created:

"In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth." -- Genesis 1:1

Science confirms the biblical verse that in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth as we have just shown. With this verse we see that God is outside time. He is eternal, with no beginning or end. He also knows all things, being infinitely intelligent. To recognise His handiwork, you should be able to know how to recognise the evidence of the works of His intelligence. This is simple.

When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I can't see him, hear him, touch, smell or taste him. The evidence of a builder is the building I'm looking at. In other words, the building is the proof positive that there was a builder. The building is the product of the intelligence of the builder. Living things are also evidence of design. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that if man's highly intelligent brain designed the computer, then the human brain was also the product of design?

There is nothing illogical or unscientific about an Eternal Being who has always existed. Nobody created the infinite God. He is the Self-Existent One, the great "I AM THAT I AM" of the Bible. He is outside time because He created time. Everything that has a beginning requires a cause. The universe has a beginning and thus requires a cause. But the almighty God has no beginning since He is beyond time. Therefore, the almighty God does not need a cause.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by stillreal(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Mohammed was a pervert, pedophile , dictator and killer . Its a fact , just amazes me when i see black people wrapping up them selves in hi jab undecided Arabs treated blacks like animals and they still do up till now. But then you chant their language and pray to their priest who saw you as nothing but slaves , Africa undecided
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by Ovacoma: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
Man greatest problem is sin, only Jesus was and is still able to solve this problem; He forgave while on earth, even on the cross, and still forgives and takes away sins. Or which of the prophets could forgive sin or was able to forgive sin while on earth?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by vedaxcool(m): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ovacoma:
Man greatest problem is sin, only Jesus was and is still able to solve this problem; He forgave while on earth, even on the cross, and still forgives and takes away sins. Or which of the prophets could forgive sin or was able to forgive sin while on earth?

No, he begged God to forgive. . . Father forgive them . . . Jesus was no more than a messenger of Allah, didnt Jesus say by myself I can do nothing? Or do you people select verses from the bible that soothes ur sore throat?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by Ovacoma: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
vedaxcool:

No, he begged God to forgive. . . Father forgive them . . . Jesus was no more than a messenger of Allah, didnt Jesus say by myself I can do nothing? Or do you people select verses from the bible that soothes ur sore throat?
Jesus died for all (that come to Him for salvation), as 'Lamb of God ' He carried their sin on the cross and God looked away from Him. He even promise the thief on the cross paradise. Before the cross, He forgave sin, and told the people that he had power to forgive sin. Nobody else among the real and false prophets could forgive people their sin. Jesus Jesus Jesus! No one like You!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by malvisguy212: 5:16am On Jul 11, 2015
vedaxcool:

Jesus has TWO nature, fully God and
Fully man , God did not override the
nature of christ , CHRIST is MAN, there
are things which are not allowed to
revealed to the human nature of christ .
The eternal Son, as God, by his
omniscience, and as man, by knowledge
imparted to him, knows perfectly the day
and the hour of the future judgment. But
Christ as MAN , and as the MESSENGER
from God to men, did not so know it as to
be able to reveal it to men. The
ambassador.

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by osahon9: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
bilalfarid:
OP u dnt just copy somthing from another website and paste here on NL for discussion, even my 15 year old Lil brother would give a satisfying answer to wat ur so called MATT Slick holds unto as d reason y jesus is gr8ter dan Muhammad (saw).
magnitude of miracles can no be used as a standard to judge which prophet is greater. The bible even mentioned other miracles by other prophets which where gr8ter than that of Jesus, examples below:
Jesus (ﷺ) fed thousands with a few fish and loaves of bread

Elisha fed a hundred people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn (2 Kings 4:44); granted a widow such an abundant flow of oil from a jar that she was able to pay off her debts, save her sons from slavery, and live on the profits (2 Kings 4:1-7); and gave increase to a handful of flour and spot of oil such that he, a widow and her son had enough to eat for many days, after which "The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry". (1 Kings 17:10-16).

B. Jesus (ﷺ) healed the lepers

Elisha healed Naaman (2 Kings 5:7-14); for that matter, the disciples were bidden to such service in Matthew 10:8.

C. Jesus (ﷺ) cured a blind man

Elisha not only struck his enemies blind, but restored vision to the blind through prayer (2 Kings 6:17-20).

D. Jesus (ﷺ) raised the dead

Moses put life into a dead stick and transmuted it from the plant kingdom to the animal kingdom by making it into a serpent (Exodus 7:10)

Elisha raised two children from the dead (1 Kings 17:22; 2 Kings 4:34)

Elisha's bones brought a man back to life merely by coming into contact with the corpse (2 Kings 13:21)

The disciples were bidden to raise the dead (Matthew 10:cool

E. Jesus (ﷺ) walked on water

Moses (ﷺ) parted the sea.

F. Jesus (ﷺ) cast out devils

So did his disciples (Matthew 10:cool and the sons of the Pharisees (Matthew 12:27; Luke 11:19).
So OP disregard matt slick's write ups. If magnitude of miracles determine a prophets gr8tnes the jesus won't be head of when they talk of miracles.
NOTE: according to the bible. dis raises another uestion of the bible inaccuracy.

Jesus ressurected from the dead and because he lives all men who believes in him will live forever. Amen. Muhammed didn't do this, who else did?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by adullam210: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
osahon9:

Jesus ressurected from the dead and because he lives all men who believes in him will live forever. Amen. Muhammed didn't do this, who else did?
No one like my Jesus! He is incomparable, second to none, King of kings and Lord of lords! Who else has these titles?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad

by Matt Slick

Following is a chart that shows some of the strong differences between Jesus and Mohammad. The Muslims revere Mohammad as the greatest of prophets, yet Jesus clearly demonstrated greater authority, teaching, and miracles than Mohammad ever did. Why would anyone want to follow Mohammed over Jesus when Jesus claimed to be divine, performed many miracles, said he alone was the truth, raised people from the dead, and rose from the dead himself; and Mohammad did none of these things. However, Mohammad did have people killed, spread his religion through war, married a very young girl and had relations with her when she was nine years of age, and taught hatred of Jews and Christians.

https://carm.org/comparison-between-jesus-and-muhammad

Let's begin to tabulate the differences:

1. Death:

Jesus died and rose from the dead.

Muhammad died and stayed dead.

1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
khukhi:

mhhmmm.. interesting. Look forward to everyone elses comments.

We are still waiting for them to comment on the OP. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Let's begin to tabulate the differences:

1. Death:

Jesus died and rose from the dead.

Muhammad died and stayed dead.

2. Fighting:

Jesus never fought.

Muhammad fought many many times.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

2. Fighting: Jesus never fought. Muhammad fought many many times.

3. Hearing from God:

When Jesus heard from God, He went to the desert to be tempted and began his ministry with boldness. (Mark 1:14-15).

When Muhammad heard from Allah (supposedly through an angel), he cowered, was uncertain, and wanted to commit suicide. (Surah 74:1-5)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Vs Kemi Olunloyo: Forgiveness Is Unnegotiable. Fasterwell / Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World / Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.