Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons (4605 Views)

My President Is Been Humble And Liberal, A Rare And True Leaders Last Advise / It Is Better To Support A Liberal Man Thsn Buhari / Yabatech's School Of Liberal Studies Is On Fire (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2009
JJYOU:

true but they are not always good and natural bed fellows. now let nobody run here and tell me they are all igbos

you're going off topic
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Hotstepper(f): 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Dede, only your post has really made sense here and well presented in an articulate manner.

I detest it when non-igbos say igbos are tribalist because most of them tend to marry Igbos. Marriage is by preference and in most cases gat nothing to do with tribalism and Yorubas are more tribalist than igbos.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by DeReloaded: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2009
Hotstepper:

Yorubas are more tribalist than igbos.

Are these Igbo women getting married to themselves? Ode.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Hotstepper(f): 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2009
nobody is talking about igbo women marrying themeselves, if you have a point say it
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tangent(f): 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2009
tribalism again?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 2:58pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2009
tpia:

afam4ever, what's your problem with Deltans? Yes, they are very detribalized when compared to other Nigerians. This attitude isnt limited to the Delta Ibos but is found in other groups as well. So why are you trying to single out one group at the expense of all the others?

Deltans and other groups are on their ancestral lands. Same as the other tribes in Nigeria. Every tribe in Africa has to coexist with other tribes in their respective geographical locations. That's how it is and the sooner people accept this reality the better.

So, if you're saying delta-ibos are detribalised, then it means other Ibos are too, cos delta-ibos don't have a distinct behaviour from other ibos. U get my point?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On Mar 04, 2009
tpia:

No, thats not what I'm saying.

Do you consider yourself detribalized?  Check your posts on Nairaland.

I said Deltans and I meant Deltans. I didnt emphasize any one group.

How did Babangida creating a state change the way they(deltans) behave.

For example, just imagine the government decides to carve out onitsha and it to delta state, will you still say that deltans are detribalised? bearing in mind that a new town have been added to the state.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by DeReloaded: 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
Hotstepper:

nobody is talking about igbo women marrying themeselves, if you have a point say it

You're kinda slow  undecided

You made a lame point that igbos "cant" be "tribalistic" cos they intermarry then you said yorubas are the most tribalistic. Seeing that Yoruba-Igbo marriages have been on the raise for years now, how does your dumb comment make any sense?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by asha80(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2009
Tpia for Godsake accept you are wrong.There is no tribe and ethnic group called Delta.Even within Delta why are Urohbos angry that the capital is asaba?Why are Anioma people intent on creating there own state If the people of the state are so detribalized?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by deb(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2009
Guys! why don't you drop this arguement?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by DRANOEL(m): 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2009
the central people are the most detribalised
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 5:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by eldee(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
afam4eva:

So the germans, spanish, french, russians don't go to school abi?
This is simply because they're not that exposed to 'normal' (educated and middle-class) black people
This is the exposure bit of it.

If all the black people you've seen in your life are farmers, you tend to form the stereotype that no black man can thrive at any other thing.
AND NO!!! The french are not racist.

afam4eva:

Did they just start getiing educated?
Are you trying to take the piss??
Have you not heard of the Civil Rights Movement??
Aight let me school you, since the 1960s, various groups have been championing a cause for the end to racism
This opposed the hegemonic belief that black people were intellectually inferior to the white people
This, coupled with various scientific researches since the 70s has created a value concensus that makes people see the need to be politically correct.

So no, education didn't start yesterday, the value concensus is what just started.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by kokoA(m): 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2009
Idomas! Final.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ Tpia, you're just ekwekwe, just accept that you're wrong, and stop cursing.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2009
tpia:

Anyone who doesnt know which tribes make up Delta, should go look up Delta state on wikipedia or google, which are both FREE services available to anybody on the internet. Rather than yarn dust on Nairaland, some people will do well to utilize google instead.

Trust Naijas- as soon as you finish educating one set of nitwits, another batch shows up as if reporting for youth service. angry

jealousy no go kill una. Bad belle people.

There's nothing there to look up, only common sense will tell you that Delta is multi-ethnic
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Mar 04, 2009
tpia:

you're an anuofia for saying that.

I'll take that as a compliment, cos i now you don't know the meaning of ekwekwe
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2009
tpia:

you're the one who's making yourself look ridiculous all over Nairaland, not me.

Better wise up, sucker.

anu mpam.

Tilapia  Tilapia   Tilapia

How many times did i call your name, why do u always have to behave like a teenager, You're turning a simple argument into something else.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tamme: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2009
efik and Ibibios smiley
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tamme: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2009
Tilapia Tilapia Tilapia

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2009
yall need to sharrap, the people of Delta are detribalized, liberal and live in interrupted harmony compared to you savages.

the central people are the most detribalised

so what happened between the tivs and jukun?

This thread is like arguing whether having a stroke is better than having cancer.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2009
bawomolo:

yall need to sharrap, the people of Delta are detribalized, liberal and live in interrupted harmony compared to you savages.

if my opinion pains you, you know what to do.

tamme:

Tilapia Tilapia Tilapia

grin grin grin grin

I know you from where exactly? grin

Arent you supposed to be busy opening tribal threads?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2009
i wasn't talking to you
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2009
bawomolo:

i wasn't talking to you

thats your problem.

You dont have to insult the people from any state just becuase they're less tribalistic than you. Neither do you have to single them out for ridicule simply because not everyone feels the same way you do about your narrow minded worldview.

If your own people arent detribalized, then thats your personal problem, not other peoples own.

Last time I checked, you were screaming yourself hoarse because some Jamaican girl was being "disrespected" when you wanted to toast her. Nobody disturbed themselves over it, yet here you are talking trash because others are considered liberal and detribalized.

Some Naijas and their overblown egos!!!!!!! They must always fight anytime someone mentions tribe!!!!!!

What a barbaric mindset!!!!!
angry angry angry
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2009
oh ok
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2009
angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You / Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola / Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Military/army Career (formal President Of Nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.