Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

How Long Did It Take? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Did It Take? (918 Views)

She Finally Did It [Photo] / How Long Did Your Virginity Sex Last / How Long Did You Last With Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did It Take? by Kasimaramma2(f): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2015
How long did it take you to get over someone you love?
We are more than insults,please
Re: How Long Did It Take? by piicity(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2015
10 DECADES
Re: How Long Did It Take? by naijaboiy: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2015
Two weeks. undecided
Re: How Long Did It Take? by IamLEGEND1: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2015
3hrs.....

but it felt like 5hrs at dat time.
Re: How Long Did It Take? by buygala(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2015
10 minutes angry.... That was how long it took me to get to the ashawo joint in my area and have one Calabar babe give me such great sex that after d whole orggy, I kept trying very hard to remember who I was supposed to be 'getting over', and I still can't till nowembarassed

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take? by marshalcarter: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2015
Just 2months cry Den I fell in love with ma drumzgrin
Re: How Long Did It Take? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 02, 2015
cheesy :DI haven't gotten over him. tongue but i have gotten above him
Re: How Long Did It Take? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:
Two weeks. undecided
Shh. That's not love
Re: How Long Did It Take? by trapQ: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2015
havnt gotten over my first love after 3years. someone help me
Re: How Long Did It Take? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 02, 2015
Just one night!
Re: How Long Did It Take? by naijaboiy: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2015
dovelike:

Shh. That's not love
Because it took you 5 years to get over your Ex doesn't make yours "love" either. undecided
Re: How Long Did It Take? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

Because it took you 5 years to get over your Ex doesn't make yours "love" either. undecided
Lol. I've never been in love. But I can tell yours is not. Just a mere infatuation.
Re: How Long Did It Take? by Adaeze003(f): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Love(bf/gf kind) is overrated... undecided undecided
Re: How Long Did It Take? by naijaboiy: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2015
dovelike:

Lol. I've never been in love. But I can tell yours is not. Just a mere infatuation.
Coming from someone who has never been in love? cheesy

You must be a comedian. grin

And besides why do you have to take people's post on threads like this seriously? undecided
Re: How Long Did It Take? by naijaboiy: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2015
Adaeze003:
Love(bf/gf kind) is overrated... undecided undecided
Yea...so how do you get to ascertain if you want to marry a guy? undecided
Re: How Long Did It Take? by osmodes(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Never
Re: How Long Did It Take? by damilareoye: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2015
2minutes
Re: How Long Did It Take? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2015
2 days. On a very serious note.
Re: How Long Did It Take? by komzyb(f): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2015
Still counting........
Re: How Long Did It Take? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 02, 2015
It depends on how soon u realize u arent meant to be with that person and how soon u realize that life is too short to start thinking abt someone doesn't even know if u still exist or nt
Re: How Long Did It Take? by Adaeze003(f): 9:22am On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yea...so how do you get to ascertain if you want to marry a guy? undecided

First off, let me state that "romantic love" is experienced in the first 2yrs(maximum) of dating/being with someone(my opinion but also the opinion of some people). After that, it boils down to mutual respect, understanding, compatibility and most importantly, the willingness to stay together(in my opinion ).

You've heard people say "I love him/her but I can't live with". In this case, I like to assume they are incompatible, they don't understand each other or they have different ideologies(imagine a feminist and a traditional Nigerian man grin). Wisdom is walking away if all effort to make things work fails but "love" is going ahead to marry the person and when the butterflies go away? Resentment sets in. I'm not saying love is the opposite of wisdom but if they don't work hand in hand then it can be.

To your question...

Get to know him, his personality, character, attitude... can I live with that?

Get to know his opinion on marriage and family, what he expects from me and let him know what I expect from him... can we meet each other at the middle(compromise)?

His values, do they align with mine? Coz I aint gon try to change anyone and it's those values that'll be passed on to the next generation.

Check his goals... do they align with mine?

How committed are you to me and to making it work?

Love... of course you need to have that romantic love/chemistry to even want to know or understand him and when you don't feel the butterflies anymore, you are committed to each other, work on the relationship, rekindle the fire and in so doing, create a bond between the two of you (instead of hoping the children will create the bond).

But hey, I'm human so I might have false judgments in some aspects so... I'm gonna trust God to help me make the right choice... wink

You can dabble into love but marriage?

Sorry for the epistle, but you asked for it... grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take? by Lilyomi(f): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2015
The epistle above said a lot. Pls re_read

(1) (Reply)

7 Signs Your Long Distance Relationship Is In Trouble / 5 Ways To Catch A Typical Nigerian Chic! / How Some African Wives Have Killed Their Husbands Without Knowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.