Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode (14651 Views)

China Exim Bank Approves N408bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project / Recession: African Development Bank Approves $600m Loan To Support Nigeria.. / PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by jaybee3(m): 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
anonimi:

I dey hold you from directing to your own select few ni abi why are you wailing and gnashing your teeth grin

Who do you think will suffer the consequences of your selective questioning/uproar?

I'm sure your pea brain understands the fact that all these loans are being guaranteed by the FG and defaults will have multiplier effect across regions

1 Like

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by IME1: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
VACANCIES IN NIGERIA
Do you prefer imported products? Please read this: Ever wondered why it ' s so hard to find a job in Nigeria ?
Emeka Nosa Oluwatosin Abubakar had just been retrenched from a high flying job, and now he set out hoping to bounce back into the job market. He started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6a.m. While his coffee pot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG), and bathed with his sponge (FROM SOUTH AFRICA) and soap (from Ivory Coast ) and sprayed his designer perfume (from France ) .
He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN BANGLADESH, IMPORTED FROM DUBAI), designer jeans (MADE IN SOUTH AFRICA) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).
After cooking his breakfast on his new electric cooker (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN JAPAN) according to BBC (BROADCASTING FROM LONDON) time, he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY AND REFURBISHED IN BELGIUM) and continued his search for a good paying NIGERIAN JOB.
At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Chukwu decided to relax for a while. He sat on his leather couch (MADE IN CANADA) reading a best-seller novel (PUBLISHED IN USA).
After a while he wanted to refresh himself. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), to CNN (TRANSMITTED FROM AMERICA) and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in..... NIGERIA...!
LEARN TO PATRONIZE MADE IN NIGERIA GOODS SO THAT WE CAN CREATE MORE JOBS FOR OURSELVES AND LET FOREIGNERS DOING BUSINESS GENERATE THEIR RESOURCES LOCALLY.
ALL THESE LOANS THEY ARE SHARING, THERE IS CONDITION OH...
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by horlabiyi(m): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
CSTR2:
Wike is governing a niger-delta state.
Rivers state oil produce for a month is enough to pay off any debt owed by the state.
even with all the IGR of Lagos state, they can't pay without borrowing? Stop defending politicians they're all the same throughout the world.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by jaybee3(m): 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
asumo12:
KINI TIE NIBE? iwo ni se.un ni abi iwo ni lala

ogbeni erukumakanaki yapa ooooo...

angry angry angry

What da heck are you saying dingbat
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by anonimi: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
jaybee3:

Who do you think will suffer the consequences of your selective questioning/uproar?

I'm sure your pea brain understands the fact that all these loans are being guaranteed by the FG and defaults will have multiplier effect across regions

Why are you so hard of understanding?
Why

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2110930_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Smooyis(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijainfogalery:
In as much as i dont like states borrowing but i think it might be for the good , and i hate Nigerian media, news like this hardly becomes a big deal in western countries, but our media just write things that will draw peoples attention to buy their papers

1. Lagos is the highest revenue generating State in Nigeria, which means they are not using money to pay salaries, they are using money to built investments and assets.
- I might be wrong, lagos state is still one of the biggest farms states in Nigeria, Lagos has farms scattered all over the South east state like Ogun, Osun , Ondo and even Lagos.
- Lagos has one of the biggest Government owned estates in Nigeria
- Lagos govt is building world class infrastructures that will drive investors into Nigeria

So if the Government borrows money for development it can be justifiable compared t when they borrow to pay salaries or to run the govt.
But all the same, they should be careful and avoid wastage
People with sense are still available on nairaland. Good reasoning here.
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by jaybee3(m): 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
anonimi:

Why are you so hard of understanding?
Why

Why are you so two faced?
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by asumo12: 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
odabi eni wipe oti wo W abi?

grin grin grin

jaybee3:

What da heck are you saying dingbat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by jaybee3(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
asumo12:
odabi eni wipe oti wo W abi?

grin grin grin

String two sentences together bro... Just two dumbass
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by 9jatatafo(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
Did Gov Fashola leave empty treasury too? The loans are flying in too early.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by sweatlana: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
Tinubu needs money to control his boys hence the loan. .

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by asumo12: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin grin grin
jaybee3:

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by asumo12: 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
jaybee3:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by seangy4konji: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
Make all of una just deh collect loan they pocket am for swiss acct...

God is watching all of una.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
i smell massive distribution about to take place

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Forward1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Naira as a currency is dead.... Imagine $200m=#39.4bn.

If i may add, its about time our state governors start thinking towards improving IGR.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by drey076(m): 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
Make dem Kaku use d whole Lagos do collateral for debt Ole gbogbo
Anyway Sai baba

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
When will Nigeria be free from debts they take without any repayment plans. Yet these neo colonialist agents spend this money on contracts with themselves.
I swear, Ambode fall my hand. angry

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Superman11(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
oyindare:
Just in case....who go pay back.? What do I no grin

Thank you. i usually ask this same question and nobody seems to give an answer. This is what puts us in debt as individual states and as a country. i am following your profile ..here correct guy.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by free13: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hmm...... lipsrsealed
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by aresa: 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
Yesterday it was for wike, today it's for ambode, tommorow might be my turn.

But wait

support a range of
reforms relating to fiscal sustainability, budget
planning, budget execution and the investment
climate in the state.

Not even for capital projects undecided

World bank loans funds the construction of the Lagos metro rail, Lagos Light Rail project, expansion of Badagry road project and the Mile 12-Ikorodu road project, 36 new firefighting engines and supplies to save your lives and property among others.

They don't have to specify capital project for you to know exactly that budget implementation and investment climate means funding capital projects budgeted for. For any serious society and economy to attract value and investment, you have to invest in and upgrade your infrastructure.

It takes more than your pissy FG allocation and IGR that amounts to $3 billion to manage 20 million people and decades of poor and neglected infrastructure. Other climes with less population and decades of development like NY budgets over $100 billion and still have over $100 debt.

Borrowing is a bad idea if you have zero capacity to repay the loan and so far Lagos state is yet to default on any loan, they have comfortably repaid loans and bonds with change left in their loan payment funds reserve.

They have over N100 billion in loans repayment bank accounts that generates interests specifically to fund their loan obligations.

Fitch upgraded the state’s National Long-Term rating from AA to AA+ with a stable outlook which is an indicator of the financial resilience of Lagos.

You don't get such ratings and respect if you are financially irresponsible. Lagos's credit ratings is better than many countries in Africa.

You people need to first understand loans, how it works and the value it adds to your economy and your lives.

Lagos state is Africa's 5th largest economy and it didn't get there by accident... If the people managing Lagos are not doing a great job, Nigerians won't migrate to Lagos and Lagos wont be economic sanctuary for millions of Nigerians from all over Nigeria.
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by logica(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
Once I read that crap about using cameras to solve our traffic problems, I knew he had money coming and they'd planned the sharing.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by esecoal(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
to do what now
all the internally generated tax wetin Fashola take am do?
I smell trouble for this Ambode his BOy boy for Tinubu too mch

1 Like

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by esecoal(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
I wonder oo
lol
hope na im surname of im papa im use
oyindare:
Just in case....who go pay back.? What do I no grin
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by esecoal(m): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
this ur nose na die
Themaingate:
i smell massive distribution about to take place
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by speak2leo(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
Dannyset:
Can they atleast borrow to empower the powerless Youths? because if dis doesn't translate to the betterment of the youth, na still waste oo.
How them wan take empower the powerless youths? The youths go overpower them na. Na themselves them they empower to continu overpowering d powerless. Opression continue!!! grin

1 Like

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by elohorayodele: 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
Gbese re oh
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
And now Lagos debt stands @ 500 billion naira, Chisos Christ

Funny thing is that they won't do anything meaningful with that Money.

Lagos as glaring transport issues, Man hours are wasted in traffic n yet so called APC people won't get a loan to get Lagos a Good rail system.

I tire.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
anonimi:

I did not know that I have an adoring fan following me all over the place for autographs etc grin

Shey I hold your hand for type anything you wanted on the Wike thread ni abi na wetin be your complaint, whining and wailing sef
eleribu omo iran ki ran. At least you didn't deny your hypocricy, Na lagos your people open eye
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by anonimi: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
IyaIode:
eleribu omo iran ki ran. At least you didn't deny your hypocricy, Na lagos your people open eye

Can you explain the bold part of your post?
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by komek(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Where is this transgender Ngene Ukwuenu who talks from all the holes in his body. Ambode who is a well known Tinubu's boy has collected a credit worth more than what Wike collected in 2 places, nobody has heard from him. Ambode was sacked under Fashole when it was discovered he paid some unassigned money into Tinubu's account. Ofcourse Tinubu made sure he was called back and asked to resign. Now he is the CEO of Lagos, tell me if 50% of this money borrowed will not go into the pockets of Tinubu.

Nigerians should check the antecedents of these APC governors. The other day, it was Rochas on a private jet why his state is begging for a bail out and he had the temerity to say he does not like poverty.
Some days back, it was Aregberascal who paid just Dec salaries of workers after owing them for 8months. What happens to the remaining 7months. And he flys up and down with an Helicopter.

APC is a scam

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by hibbayueei(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Good.. He shld make good use of it.

Am so late for my meeting and I ve not gone 2ru the files/Am traveling and I will need sumtin to kip me busy/My phone memory is filled up, I need to free some space/i need to transfer files from my computer to my Phone or Tablets/ I need to watch a video or play music or read files I downloaded from my phone on my TV screen or Tablets or computer .... THEN what you need is an OTG Smartphones Dual USB Flash drive... Check my signature/profile for more information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector / Member Of PDP New Media Team Attacked On Sick Bed In Benue (Photos) / Imo APC Group Blasts Okorocha, Condemns Endorsements Of Uche Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.