Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,772 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG (17528 Views)

Borno Recovers, Buries 81 B’haram Victims / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / Amnesty for B’Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by YOURMAN: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
UN Human Rights Chief, Zeid Al-Hussein, has appealed to Nigerian authorities to ease abortion restrictions for women and girls who had been sexually enslaved, raped and forced into so-called “marriages” by Boko Haram fighters.

He said this on Thursday in New York while discussing with the Human Rights Council on Boko Haram’s rights violations and abuses, the findings of a 12-member team to Cameroon, southern Niger and the north-eastern regions of Nigeria on Boko Haram.

Al-Hussein said interviews had confirmed that during their captivity lasting for months or even years, women and girls were sexually enslaved, raped and forced into marriages.

The Rights group chief said as a result of this, many survivors of the horrific experiences are now pregnant for their rapists.

Al-Hussein also drew attention to the situation of many formerly captive women and young girls, who are pregnant and their reported wish to terminate these unwanted pregnancies.

“I note that abortion is legal in Nigeria only when the life of the woman is at risk.

“Human rights mechanisms have consistently called for ensuring access to safe abortion services beyond the protection of the woman’s life, including in cases of rape, and to preserve the health of the woman,” he said.

The Rights chief said as a result of the unwanted pregnancies, government should have a rethink over the abortion law.

“Taking this into account, I strongly urge the most compassionate possible interpretation of the current regulations in Nigeria to
include the risk of suicide and risks to mental health for women and young girls, who have suffered such appalling cruelty.

He said it had already become clear that the violations committed by Boko Haram were extensive and far-reaching, demanding a response of commensurate magnitude.

Al-Hussein said the survivors in Nigeria gave distressing witness accounts of gruesome mass killings of men and boys, whom Boko Haram grouped together and gunned down or hacked to death with sadistic cruelty.

http://www.punchng.com/news/relax-abortion-laws-for-bharam-victims-un-urges-fg/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by asumo12: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2015

24 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by YOURMAN: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
mods shld do need ful

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
I support abortion for anybody that wants to do it, I can't imagine the helplessness of those pregnant girls.

12 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
America Why don't you mind your business

17 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by glimpse33(m): 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
seconded cool
but? who knows?
One of those girls might give birth to shekau the second!

CONDULT A MASS ABORTION, PLEASE!

4 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by ChelseaDr(m): 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
ok
Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
They should all give birth and buhari will adopt all of them

15 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by hackerboogey: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hi,

I sell good spamming tools, RDP, Fresh email leads, Spywares, Smtp, Mailer, onions, money highways, Webmails,
Dating site Logins/ Emails, Job seekers, World Wide Database emails, Ailibaba logs + wire. I also give tutorials
on Hacking.

Chat me with my id: donbugy@yahoo.com
Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by publicenemy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
Abortion should be legalised in Nigeria.

We are too much... 7th most populous nation in the world... One of the countries with the poorest citizens.

6 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by kent79: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by soloxxng: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Lilimax(f): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
starlingslimnet:
America Why don't you mind your business
Honestly.
Americans should mind their business sad

5 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by adorablelove: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm jux passing..........jare
Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by allanphash7(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
I support abortion

Abortion suppose to be legalised

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Blackchampion(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Can't imagine d trauma of having a child of terrorist who raped u.
Meanwhile

15 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by asumo12: 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Georgekyrian(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nice suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Bibidear(f): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
They shud abort the babies ooo

1 Like

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by naijainfogalery: 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
they claimed they are worshipping Allah and doing all they are doing to serve Allah, yet they are raping women , molesting children, stealing, kidnapping
Boko end is gradually coming to an end

6 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Lilimax(f): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
America should not sell their laws to Nigeria. We are two different countries undecided
Na so e dey start!
Very soon they'll mandate us to recognise GAY rights and the likes sad

But I know that Baba PMB will not give in to their pressure smiley

6 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Abortion is murder. #Simple

9 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by bogolobango(m): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Asumo12 abg comot dis ur people wey dey dance joor
Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by andrew12(m): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
HOW ARE YOU MY FELLO NAIRALNDERS I USED TO BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO JUST COME HERE TO READ STUFF BUT I AM A VERY BIG FAN OF RIRI POPULARLY KNOWN AS RIHANNA AND I JUST SAW THE NEW VIDEO THAT DROPED I BET YOU SHOULD SEE THIS STUFF

https://www.nairaland.com/2421757/rihanna-better-money-video-here
Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Edwardhead(m): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
[size=15pt]those dat get belle before boko haram capture dem will now be using dat as excuse undecided[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by applord: 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin

MISGUIDED BROTHERS at work

1 Like

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by ITbomb(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Yeah

Next would be "Relax Gay law to boost foreign investment" and the Dualllard would agree

5 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by ylaa(f): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
NOT IN THIS COUNTRY.
allanphash7:
I support abortion

Abortion suppose to be legalised

1 Like

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by chesterlee(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
After relaxing the Abortion law

Next might be to Relax GAY law!!!

We Say No!!!!!!!!

9 Likes

Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mehn, everything is jst too complicated
Re: Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG by lionphil(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
How this matter take concern America

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west / Raymond Dokpesi Released After Detention At Abuja Airport / Ex-FIRS Boss Nami Approved ₦11bn Payments After His Exit - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.