Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. (83187 Views)

The Pains Of A Busty Lady / Things An Average-looking Guy Can Do To Increase His 'market Value' / Daily Pains Of A Single, Rich Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Ollytaus(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
VictoriaBee:
Keep giving yourself hope. grin lipsrsealed
I'm sure your bf/hubby must be very ugly....u can still port sha
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Gideonaigbe(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
I buy dis...rili true
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Ollytaus(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:
OP, you should be greatful you are handsome!

let the ugly guys tell you their pains first, then you would be thankful to your creator!

note* ugly guys shouldn't quote me tongue
thank God I'm handsome... oluwa is involved
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by babs01(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:

let the ugly guys tell you their pains first, then you would be thankful to your creator!

this gal no get sense
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by saasala(m): 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
Chai! This will be difficult. grin
In the same vein, being a mentally gifted person, is a gift of nature, which, by the way is quite desirable and exquisite. People often think that people with advanced cognitive abilities are able to do anything they want just because of their gifts. However, people often forget that intelligence does not make you a God. You are also a weak, frail person with your own setbacks and problems.
We will not analyze these setbacks together.

people tend to objectify brainiacs, grin. They tend to define you only by your intelligence. They usually do not care about other characteristics you have, whether you are a very romantic person, or kind, pfft. Who cares, you will start hearing, hey! What is 13 squared? Or, hey, I have a date with my boyfriend tonight and I haven't done my homework. Could you do it for me? And oh, make sure about three are wrong, so the teacher doesn't know you had anything to do with it.
Imagine. angry

yeah . . . in this case, it would be the opposite. Nobody cares about you. Nobody therefore talks about you. They only know you exist when their math textbook starts displaying Greek.

yeah, in this case, the envy comes from other less intelligent academics. They cannot believe you are so smart. Without reading, you top the class. While they . . . spend an eternity with their legs in the water bowl. Only to get behind you. Eventually, envy must come. They will also feel insecure around you. They will also shun you.

if you are intelligent and you are not lonely . . . . angry angry
Hardly anyone understands you, the ones that do are green with envy. And usually, brainiacs embarrass themselves in public every time! It's inevitable. No one gets their jokes, or even their grammar sef. grin they are also clumsy at times.

I remember one time like this when my mom said, "you can even cure cancer!" And I was like . . . ehn
They also expect you to perform at peak levels every time. Whether you are sick or not, whether you are depressed or whatever, they don't care. If you lack behind, they will say . . . he has started moving with those olodos. embarassed

one word . . . FRIENDZONE. cool

this also happens to intelligent guys . . . any girl that gets attracted to you becomes overly possessive and clingy. They are also usually bad mannered and not-that-hot. One is happening to me right now even. She calls me day and night and always wants to know my position and momentum at every point in time. angry

some peeps are incredibly witty! Myself included. People like this are considered arrogant because they cannot be beaten in an argument. They cannot be corrected, they cannot be coerced. Simply because they have the reply to every statement. Hence they are considered stubborn, ungentlemanly, and arrogant. Even among the girls, no one will want to hold a conversation with you because they know you will eventually embarrass them and make them look like fools. Their excuse? "He is an arrogant sonofab*tch"

some people embrace their gifts squarely. They begin to believe that they are the normal human specimen. However, in the process, they begin to look down on lesser brained peeps. Forgetting that every human has their part in the greater scheme of things. Becoming too confident in one's mental prowess can lead him to view others as objects and animals.

you know, I think that every gift has its own share of problems. Whether aesthetic beauty, mental agility, or sense of humor. It is these strengths and weaknesses that define who we are, smiley

cc yourmain wink

I cannot agree with you more on this. And your analogy confirms you are one witty fellow. Though not much witty, I still find myself a victim of this. I would implore you to start a thread on this topic; the lord knows you will hit fp. Was I a girl, I would propose marriage to you right away.
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by cozy7(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:

I've never really believed anyone is handsome or ugly.....I just think we're all creation of how mch we take care of ourselves.....some pple call it "packaging".

1 Like

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by no2fuks(m): 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
handsomeness is a waste if you dont have money
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Eniqurl(f): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

I can bet you haven't seen any tongue
Have seen few cheesy tongue
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by sconp: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
How about that part when you become confused when two girls or more come crushing hard on you at the same time and you don't want to wreck their emotions.... My friend said so.
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by ghostofsparta(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy: ...
Didn't need to read all the comment after your so on point thread. You gave me the motivation to share mine here: https://www.nairaland.com/2422532/gorgeous-guys-more-curse-than
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by shurlermoz(m): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yes! We have something like handsome and ugly guys. smiley

Guy, being handsome no dey pay bills, when you get to that stage you will understand.
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by fejikudz(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
Spot on naijaboiy :
it can't be said any better.
All your points have happened to me except for number 9.

1 Like

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
shurlermoz:

Guy, being handsome no dey pay bills, when you get to that stage you will understand.
I don't need to get to any stage to understand.

I totally get what you are talking about but that is not the aim of my thread. smiley
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by jiggaz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
I have to comment here cos what am seeing don pass me. For the records, i dont know whether the guys commenting here know what HANDSOME means cos its like everyone commenting on this thread don turn handsome.

I hardly do this but i have to start clicking on y'all profiles to see ur pix, and apart from the OP and few others, all the other guys claiming handsome here are just average looking guys to me. I don't know but my standard for grading handsome guys and beautiful ladies is high... Most of the guys here are not like Nonso Diobi, Ramsey Noah, Desmond Elliot, Lynxxx,.Yul Edochie or even Mike Ezuruonye. So what are we talking about here?

@OP You made good points but another thing u have to consider is PERSONALITY. If u are a fine guy without class or style, u will always lose out at the social circle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
... ko eazy

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by liquidmetall: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bro

Nos 2,3 4,5,6 is killing

Everybody thinks you have tons of girlfriend

Coupled with the fact that am a baller,

Have accepted my fate sha
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
op good list another one is
* Your girlfriend will keep suspecting you that you are cheating on her or that you will soon leave for other girls who finds you attractive.
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by prettyJoy22(f): 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
chudidonas:

No... I learnt from nollywood grin

And you're not bad either, with the best skin tone.
tanx smiley
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by hopeforcharles(m): 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

Well done sir. cool
in as much as i will not disprove you, i refuse to be weight down with those lists you mention, every thing has its positive and negative aspect. I have experienced some of the things you wrote. But i am using my handsomeness quite effective, i use to be a bad introvert, but now man i go all out as long as a see some green light or something to talk about with her, and in my business my handsomeness make girl and women love and want to patronise me, alot of times i prefer buying stuffs from women when i use my looks and sweet tongue to scoope and make them sell things exceptionally cheap to me. Advise from me harness ur handsomeness and use it to ur advantage. Dnt mind them when they say you are proud or other shits the conjure. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by marieolae(f): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
undecided undecided
czarr:
.....naijaboiy here's another hater,hu thinks undermining a fine boy is gonna make him any less attractive... grin grin angry
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by daclint(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
Na wetin dey happen to Me o
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

Loneliness is just part of the points oga.

I didn't say I was lonely. grin

brosh ! , my main problem is that i dunno weather im ugly or handsome

nobody has ever called me ugly, also i have never heard anybody call me handsome

im "konfused"

1 Like

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
vickerz:

brosh ! , my main problem is that i dunno weather im ugly or handsome

nobody has ever called me ugly, also i have never heard anybody call me handsome

im "konfused"
You are probably average then. wink
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
hopeforcharles:

in as much as i will not disprove you, i refuse to be weight down with those lists you mention, every thing has its positive and negative aspect. I have experienced some of the things you wrote. But i am using my handsomeness quite effective, i use to be a bad introvert, but now man i go all out as long as a see some green light or something to talk about with her, and in my business my handsomeness make girl and women love and want to patronise me, alot of times i prefer buying stuffs from women when i use my looks and sweet tongue to scoope and make them sell things exceptionally cheap to me. Advise from me harness ur handsomeness and use it to ur advantage. Dnt mind them when they say you are proud or other shits the conjure. Cheers
my aim was not to put anybody down.

Just wanted to let the world know our experiences. wink
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
chai!! so Op turn gay last last...with very loong essay for the gay book club....like Mrcork says...(no ofeense)
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
runnazz:
chai!! so Op turn gay last last...with very loong essay for the gay book club....like Mrcork says...(no ofeense)
I was never expecting you to make so much sense.

Nice one! smiley
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by sasteve(m): 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nice writ up,it is lik d sayin 'd rich also cry.
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:
Being a handsome or good looking guy is a very wonderful gift of nature which every body see as a good thing. People who are born good looking are always grateful to be created that way by their maker. The society always tend to think these set of people always get things done easily because of their looks. They are also believed to always easily attract the female opposite sex of any type. They are given some kind of special preference most times.

But one thing people fail to notice is that these set of people are just human beings who encounter some setbacks as a result of their physical features.

Now let's analyse some of these setbacks or disadvantages together.

1) Objectification: People tend to objectify handsome or good looking guys. They tend to define you by only your superficial attributes and fail to read you as a person,,because they miss to see anything in you besides your looks. For example,, they hardly think you are good at anything else other than just being good looking. Your looks will seem to over shadow every other quality in you. This issue has tasked good looking guys to work harder and prove their worth to people that they have other things to offer than just a mere good looking physique.

2) Topic of discussion: To the Handsome guys in the house. Have you noticed that you seem to be a topic of discussion in little groups especially amongst idlers. Those who don't really have anything doing other than gossip. They just settle down to discuss you and say all sorts of things about you. Even the things that you can never do.

3)Envy/insecurity: Sometimes people tend to get envious at you for no reason. Some get jealous by mere looking at you. You'll have your friends whom are less good looking than you being insecure whenever you are around them. They wouldn't let you follow them whenever they want to meet their girlfriend. You try to be nice and they accuse you of trying to snatch their girlfriends.

4) Loneliness: It is a very surprising Fact that some,,if not most good looking guys are lonely. Except maybe the extroverts who defy the odds to make friends themselves. Most people conclude that guys who are handsome already have so many people clustered around them. A girl would see a good looking guy but she will choose to ignore him because she feels he already has a lot of girls at his beck and call,,therefore it would be a waste of time getting to know him. When this keeps happening,,you discover that most handsome guys have little or few friends while some are even single without a girlfriend to call their own.

5) High Expectations: Some times people give a lot of high expectations to good looking guys. Most times they expect you to be the head or leader. They feel since you are good looking you should be able to make decisions and be charismatic. They would want to follow your every step. While this can be very difficult for the guys who aren't outspoken/introverted,,it could work out well for the confident ones. So it's a bit of an advantage and disadvantage. But the problem comes when you do something out of what your followers expect of you. There will now be a crisis between pleasing yourself and pleasing the people that expect so much from you.

6)Pretty girls play hard to get: Now this is a very confusing fact. But it is of a truth that girls who are also good looking will play hard to get and put up a higher wall of defence when you are trying to approach them. Have you wondered why a beautiful girl easily succumbs to the toasting of that your "not-so-good-looking" friend but she keeps posting you whenever you approach her?. It is difficult to get their sense of interest. She feels that her showing of interest in you is a massive conceit of power.

7) Intimidation: The case is not any better with a less attractive girl. When a handsome guy is talking to a girl less attractive than he is she may feel way too intimidated. She may also feel he just wants to use her for sex and she wouldn't want to date someone more attractive than her because she can't use her sexuality power. A guy also has to become careful of this type as they may become really clingy to him after they have gone intimate for a while. And any sign of dis interest shown by him automatically makes him a heart breaker and from there he's tagged a "player".

8 ) Confidence is misunderstood for arrogance: The sub heading has already explained the point briefly. Good looking guys who are confident and not shy of showing off what they have are considered to be arrogant and proud. They are looked at as condescending. It has become so bad that they don't even know of the best way to reply to a compliment again. There is no way a handsome guy will reply such compliments without coming off as proud and ignoring the compliment completely is not even an option.

9) excessive self-confidence might turn into vanity: On the other hand,,we have some set of good looking guys who become over confident and dwell on their looks for everything. They allow the praises get to their head and concentrate on their looks alone. They ignore other important aspects of life and depend on their good looks to get them what they want. They forget that everything is vanity at the end.

10) share yours. wink

*crying* if say I handsome now I for follow una talk..... your list de LEGIT sha
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

You are probably average then. wink

is there average? its either fine or ugly nah

look my pic abeg, u be fine boy nw, u suppose know nw
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
*crying* if say I handsome now I for follow una talk..... your list de LEGIT sha
Lol...but the hustle is still the main thing boss. cool
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
YourMain:

Lol I am ridiculously flattered to be "cc'd"

Well in my opinion intelligent guys are forever winning even before good-looking guys. Good-looking guys are just meh. All them girls will completely regret making you do their homework.

Lol the constant topic of discussion I have is about intelligent guys. Who doesn't want a nerd. Jeez. Except when they're like all snotty with braces.

Well. Haters are motivators. Who cares If they're hating. That is a good thing.

Intelligent people are usually happy not being around people I'd think. My best friend is like a genius. Not them book smart people. But yknow you speak to her and you're like. Woah. Mind. Blown. Anyways she'd never ever ever want to hang out when we ask her. And she's like I don't associate with idiots grin grin. She's only joking. I hope.

Haha Awh moms think their kids can do anything. I understand. My mum's the same lol.

Ehm. These girls need to wisen up. Smart guys are the way to go. Then again those types of females usually aren't very intelligent themselves.

Would ya blame them for being clingy. Now they know that intelligence is the way into the future and they've to stay hanging lol. I would anyways grin. Ehm I think that's cause smart people ( I feel really bad for saying smart people, kinda like I'm assuming everyone else isn't..) sometimes settle for less. Maybe cause of those girls friendzoning them. sad

Who doesn't like a bit of wit ? Well my friends and I love it. You should just leave them people and come chill with us grin

Well I'd personally rather have problems being smart than being good-looking... or maybe even both grin grin

Please, don't be. grin
cheesy
Sorry for the late reply. I was suddenly overcome by a nasty fever. embarassed I have been bed ridden since then. In fact, I still am. sad

Honestly, you are very right. cool smart guys are the way to go. If only more ladies realized this. wink

My back! embarassed
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Revolva(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
angry angry angry umm well na sin to de handsome again

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Mr. Nairaland Contest 2015 - ELIMINATION ROUND 2 / Photo Of Half Unclad Lady And A Guy Sparks Heated Online Debate. See Why / How I Discovered That My Boyfriend Impregnated My Mother — Lady (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.