Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,673 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. (83131 Views)

The Pains Of A Busty Lady / Things An Average-looking Guy Can Do To Increase His 'market Value' / Daily Pains Of A Single, Rich Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Isomerizm(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

You are not alone bruh! smiley

But you can go out and make friends. It's usually easy for good looking guys to attract people of both sexes.

Don't wait for people to come to you. cool
Even if you do attract friends. The envy, the hate, the distrust will always be there. And that's the main reason why most cute guys end up not giving a fvck about anything.
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
teelady:
Expecting to see same topic the female version, cnt wait.
Coming soon. wink cheesy
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by hollypagan: 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
i swear many little girls still like OBJ die
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Isomerizm:
Even if you do attract friends. The envy, the hate, the distrust will always be there. And that's the main reason why most cute guys end up not giving a fvck about anything.
Yeap exactly.

And when you don't give fhuucks they tag you "arrogant". undecided
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Lovexme(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
walosha:
yes

They are not necessarily proud. Besides, any guy could be proud; handsome or otherwise. smiley
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

Lol,,well I still maintain that getting rich or being smart is not as a result of physical features so you have to change your view bro.

All it takes is to work hard.

It's usually the ugly or envious ones that come up with such conclusions about the good looking guys.

Well your opinion is part of the pains they carry. You are simply buttressing my point further. smiley
i am handsome too...so i understand what i am really talking about... cheesy cheesy cheesy..i hope you're hard working too
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

Well that's according to your own experience.

Wealth is not by looks.
Take it or u leave it most handsome guys are damm lazy and broke as hell jare cheesy
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by misspicy(f): 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
prettyJoy22:
Seconded grin
you know it too sista..but they wunt accept
So on point OP

1 Like

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by IceDude(m): 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
Dat No 6 is 100% true. Most pretty gals alwayz give me tough time cos of my looks. There was a day i approached a slim tall ebony damsel, she was just staring at my face smiling. Afta i finished dropping my flows she LOL and said "I know i'm the 10th gal u av toasted dis morning, pls i dnt want my name to be in dat ur long list"....I felt bad dat day eh! embarassed
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by vivalavida(m): 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
All that the OP said is fact. Not blowing my own trumpet,but i have experienced most of what he just stated. It is a fact. Pretty gurls even find it strange to wrap their head around the fact that the guy toasting them is way more presentable than them. Thatz one of the cross we have to bear sha. #TeamGoodLookingGuysWhoChasePrettyLadies

3 Likes

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by walosha(f): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
yea you are right!
Lovexme:

They are not necessarily proud. Besides, any guy could be proud; handsome or otherwise. smiley
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by marieolae(f): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
The op must think he is fine
undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
NigellusHosan:
A topic after my heart...
*I'm in tears, i thought i was d only cutie living this....

But
I'd rather b cute n av only a mirror on d wall as my only friend than ugly with a million friends...

Besides we only associate with fellow cutes.
You should be able to associate with everyone na cheesy
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

Stop hating.

i fine no mean say i suppose get money everytime.

and na student i be, so make u chill out.

and another + be say my IQ no dey dull me.

#Handsome&Brilliant.
grin grin...no worry money go come...just keep working hard..mke sure you graduate with a 2:1 or first class ooo... wink
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
marieolae:
The op must think he is fine
undecided angry
Stop beefing me honey grintongue
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Laashman(m): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
That means there's no pain in been handsome, these points are not convincing. grin grin
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by misspicy(f): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:
Good!
So the same logic applies here too. smiley
ok cool
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Isomerizm(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yeap exactly.

And when you don't give fhuucks they tag you "arrogant". undecided
Better be tagged arrogant than be hurt. undecided cool

1 Like

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
IceDude:
Dat No 6 is 100% true. Most pretty gals alwayz give me tough time cos of my looks. There was a day i approached a slim tall ebony damsel, she was just staring at my face smiling. Afta i finished dropping my flows she LOL and said "I know i'm the 10th gal u av toasted dis morning, pls i dnt want my name to be in dat ur long list"....I felt bad dat day eh! embarassed
Sorry bro.

That's the way it is grin
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Laashman:
That means there's no pain in been handsome, these points are not convincing. grin grin
Being handsome is still better. cheesy
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Lovexme(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
Take it or u leave it most handsome guys are damm lazy and broke as hell jare cheesy

Some
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Lovexme(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
walosha:
yea you are right!
wink

1 Like

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by fexyrich(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
I don't see myself as that handsome.but some girls say I am..And d most painful thing is that there was this girl I loved so much and wanted to have a relationship with..she is quite preety and tall and she got evrytin I wanted in a woman..She bluntly refused to date me saying that I was a player and I wanted to play my usual games with her same way I do with other girls..She never believed I did not have a girlfriend at that time..saying that a handsome guy lyk me must surely have some girl friends out there and I wanted to join her in my list and that she is not one of those cheap girls.This is a girl dat knows nothin about me..She just made her conclusions cos she saw me as handsome.That hurt me really badly..As she never believed me even till date.
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Toks2008(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:
OP, you should be greatful you are handsome!

let the ugly guys tell you their pains first, then you would be thankful to your creator!

note* ugly guys shouldn't quote me tongue

With good money i can date you over n over again even if im as ugly as ugly.

Good looks only have good impact if you have money to compliment it else you park well or go to other countries where good looks is cherished.

In the country where i come from our women prefer a rich monkey to a broke cute guy. FACT.

2 Likes

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by cescky(m): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
most of dem are so so broke!!damm na only to beg money cheesy cheesy cry i gat dem as friends.

I asuume your either a billionaire or incapcitated

1 Like

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Lovexme:

Some
All of dem self cheesy oya do ur worst tongue
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by naijaboiy: 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
I can't take it.

Because it's a myopic view.

I'm a handsome guy and most of my male friends are handsome too.

We are no way under the category of what you just stated.

It's just like calling every beautiful girl a who're. I'm sure you wouldn't agree with that too. undecided
Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Chai! This will be difficult. grin
naijaboiy:
Being a handsome or good looking guy is a very wonderful gift of nature which every body see as a good thing. People who are born good looking are always grateful to be created that way by their maker. The society always tend to think these set of people always get things done easily because of their looks. They are also believed to always easily attract the female opposite sex of any type. They are given some kind of special preference most times.

But one thing people fail to notice is that these set of people are just human beings who encounter some setbacks as a result of their physical features.

Now let's analyse some of these setbacks or disadvantages together.
In the same vein, being a mentally gifted person, is a gift of nature, which, by the way is quite desirable and exquisite. People often think that people with advanced cognitive abilities are able to do anything they want just because of their gifts. However, people often forget that intelligence does not make you a God. You are also a weak, frail person with your own setbacks and problems.
We will not analyze these setbacks together.

1) Objectification: People tend to objectify handsome or good looking guys. They tend to define you by only your superficial attributes and fail to read you as a person,,because they miss to see anything in you besides your looks. For example,, they hardly think you are good at anything else other than just being good looking. Your looks will seem to over shadow every other quality in you. This issue has tasked good looking guys to work harder and prove their worth to people that they have other things to offer than just a mere good looking physique.
people tend to objectify brainiacs, grin. They tend to define you only by your intelligence. They usually do not care about other characteristics you have, whether you are a very romantic person, or kind, pfft. Who cares, you will start hearing, hey! What is 13 squared? Or, hey, I have a date with my boyfriend tonight and I haven't done my homework. Could you do it for me? And oh, make sure about three are wrong, so the teacher doesn't know you had anything to do with it.
Imagine. angry

2) Topic of discussion: To the Handsome guys in the house. Have you noticed that you seem to be a topic of discussion in little groups especially amongst idlers. Those who don't really have anything doing other than gossip. They just settle down to discuss you and say all sorts of things about you. Even the things that you can never do.
yeah . . . in this case, it would be the opposite. Nobody cares about you. Nobody therefore talks about you. They only know you exist when their math textbook starts displaying Greek.

3)Envy/insecurity: Sometimes people tend to get envious at you for no reason. Some get jealous by mere looking at you. You'll have your friends whom are less good looking than you being insecure whenever you are around them. They wouldn't let you follow them whenever they want to meet their girlfriend. You try to be nice and they accuse you of trying to snatch their girlfriends.
yeah, in this case, the envy comes from other less intelligent academics. They cannot believe you are so smart. Without reading, you top the class. While they . . . spend an eternity with their legs in the water bowl. Only to get behind you. Eventually, envy must come. They will also feel insecure around you. They will also shun you.

4) Loneliness: It is a very surprising Fact that some,,if not most good looking guys are lonely. Except maybe the extroverts who defy the odds to make friends themselves. Most people conclude that guys who are handsome already have so many people clustered around them. A girl would see a good looking guy but she will choose to ignore him because she feels he already has a lot of girls at his beck and call,,therefore it would be a waste of time getting to know him. When this keeps happening,,you discover that most handsome guys have little or few friends while some are even single without a girlfriend to call their own.
if you are intelligent and you are not lonely . . . . angry angry
Hardly anyone understands you, the ones that do are green with envy. And usually, brainiacs embarrass themselves in public every time! It's inevitable. No one gets their jokes, or even their grammar sef. grin they are also clumsy at times.

5) High Expectations: Some times people give a lot of high expectations to good looking guys. Most times they expect you to be the head or leader. They feel since you are good looking you should be able to make decisions and be charismatic. They would want to follow your every step. While this can be very difficult for the guys who aren't outspoken/introverted,,it could work out well for the confident ones. So it's a bit of an advantage and disadvantage. But the problem comes when you do something out of what your followers expect of you. There will now be a crisis between pleasing yourself and pleasing the people that expect so much from you.
I remember one time like this when my mom said, "you can even cure cancer!" And I was like . . . ehn
They also expect you to perform at peak levels every time. Whether you are sick or not, whether you are depressed or whatever, they don't care. If you lack behind, they will say . . . he has started moving with those olodos. embarassed

6)Pretty girls play hard to get: Now this is a very confusing fact. But it is of a truth that girls who are also good looking will play hard to get and put up a higher wall of defence when you are trying to approach them. Have you wondered why a beautiful girl easily succumbs to the toasting of that your "not-so-good-looking" friend but she keeps posting you whenever you approach her?. It is difficult to get their sense of interest. She feels that her showing of interest in you is a massive conceit of power.
one word . . . FRIENDZONE. cool

7) Intimidation: The case is not any better with a less attractive girl. When a handsome guy is talking to a girl less attractive than he is she may feel way too intimidated. She may also feel he just wants to use her for sex and she wouldn't want to date someone more attractive than her because she can't use her sexuality power. A guy also has to become careful of this type as they may become really clingy to him after they have gone intimate for a while. And any sign of dis interest shown by him automatically makes him a heart breaker and from there he's tagged a "player".
this also happens to intelligent guys . . . any girl that gets attracted to you becomes overly possessive and clingy. They are also usually bad mannered and not-that-hot. One is happening to me right now even. She calls me day and night and always wants to know my position and momentum at every point in time. angry

8 ) Confidence is misunderstood for arrogance: The sub heading has already explained the point briefly. Good looking guys who are confident and not shy of showing off what they have are considered to be arrogant and proud. They are looked at as condescending. It has become so bad that they don't even know of the best way to reply to a compliment again. There is no way a handsome guy will reply such compliments without coming off as proud and ignoring the compliment completely is not even an option.
some peeps are incredibly witty! Myself included. People like this are considered arrogant because they cannot be beaten in an argument. They cannot be corrected, they cannot be coerced. Simply because they have the reply to every statement. Hence they are considered stubborn, ungentlemanly, and arrogant. Even among the girls, no one will want to hold a conversation with you because they know you will eventually embarrass them and make them look like fools. Their excuse? "He is an arrogant sonofab*tch"

9) excessive self-confidence might turn into vanity: On the other hand,,we have some set of good looking guys who become over confident and dwell on their looks for everything. They allow the praises get to their head and concentrate on their looks alone. They ignore other important aspects of life and depend on their good looks to get them what they want. They forget that everything is vanity at the end.
some people embrace their gifts squarely. They begin to believe that they are the normal human specimen. However, in the process, they begin to look down on lesser brained peeps. Forgetting that every human has their part in the greater scheme of things. Becoming too confident in one's mental prowess can lead him to view others as objects and animals.

[10) share yours. wink
you know, I think that every gift has its own share of problems. Whether aesthetic beauty, mental agility, or sense of humor. It is these strengths and weaknesses that define who we are, smiley

Cc: Lalast.iclala.
Ishilove.
cc yourmain wink

4 Likes

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by czarr(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
most of dem are so so broke!!damm na only to beg money cheesy cheesy cry i gat dem as friends.
..not all of them are broke ooo grin grin grin
BTW is that u on ur dp?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. by donifez(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
You couldn't have said it better OP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

What Happened To This Woman After Accepting A Drink From An Ex / How I Discovered That My Boyfriend Impregnated My Mother — Lady (Photo, Video) / Photo Of Half Unclad Lady And A Guy Sparks Heated Online Debate. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.