Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity (27552 Views)

Nigerian Student Scores Zero In Screening & Admitted, Says It Is The Work Of God / Nigerian Student Of Warwick Suffers Racism (Photo) / Udom Celebrates Best Nigerian Student In Imperial College, London (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by kokoye(m): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
Note:
The father said Nigeria ooooo ...he didn't call out any particular tribe.

Learn!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by yibobasher2: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
Where are thou the flat heads?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Kentrasso(f): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
Wow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by tdayof(m): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
tonychristopher:
Stop been a tribalist...he is Nigerian not yoruba...does he look it

follow and gerarahere

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by callonme(m): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nigerians in diaspora with breaking/setting records.....I'm happy for Tobi......I also need to inform you that.....

I'm still working on my blog oh.
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by DrSage(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by KELVIN086: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by tdayof(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
seeun:
call me
am an international student already thanks smiley
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Papasmal(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
Congrat bro..
A proud son of his family.
A good diplomat of naija.
Those desperate dude out there should borrow a leaf from this nigga and stop tainting our image abroad.
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by hoasis: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
Why should we throw rationality to the winds and live on myopia. Many Nigerian students would achieve this feat if the enabling environment is in place.
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by damilareoye: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
making the country proud.......
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by AreaFada2: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
amaben2020:
That's good, you still need to come here and start learning Naija law afresh, Law is one of those courses you don't wanna do outside our shores

Most of Chief Justices of the Supreme Court and most legal luminaries were trained abroad.

If not that we make our things difficult, our law is based on British legal system or is he coming to learn sharia law in 9ja? grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Foxflames: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
All you people fond of saying he's Yoruba, Igbo , he is Japanese, he is that. Ask yourself, what have you done with your life? It is his degree, his own sweat, he is not sharing with anybody. No need to try and attach to his success. Go and get yours.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by DennisEche(m): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
[quote author=seeun post=35411177][/quote] thiefy thiefy...... Not interested, try again
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by nerodenero: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
How can the educational system improve when their children school abroad?
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by fairygeh(f): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
Congrats dear,you have made all Nigerians proud.
BTW if he was an igbo boy,you would have been hearing them shouting Ndi Igbo tongue
But he is Yoruba,so i say well done aburo.
#lokeloke

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by SIRANDREWS: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
good one
tonychristopher:
but if he's Igbo, he is a biafran right?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by myklangelo(m): 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
No be moi moi

But to pass in America and Europe is as easy as eating akara.

Follow on twitter @odeniigboBlog

My tutorial for the week is out...Igbo ga-adiririri!

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Sanuzi(m): 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Wow thats good News.Congrat Boy

Lets Talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

BBM: 7B663F3A

www.africanwebservice.com

An expert in Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Balkan(m): 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
DrSage:

He is of Yoruba blood,bravo !!! cheesy
it seems you want start dickk measuring. Yoruba no dice to measure ooo
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by FUCKU: 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
Na em be say Oyibo people no dey read. Or the guy carry EXPO
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by bigfrancis21: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
PentaSol:
A Nigerian student, Oluwatobi Olasunkanmi has won the William Charnley Prize for the best First Class in Law at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.

The 24 year old Oluwatobi who is the son of the former Minister of Youth Development, Senator Akinlabi Olasunkanmi, happened to be the only student of black descent in the graduating set.

In an official correspondence dated June 26, 2015, addressed to the best First Class Law student, the University's Senior Tutor, Dr Philip Johnson, congratulated the Nigerian lad for the feat.

“Many congratulations on obtaining the best Hughes Hall First Class in your BA in Law. In recognition, the College has awarded you with the William Charnley Prize” said Johnson.

Meanwhile, the father of the award winner, Senator Olasunkanmi, has expressed his joy at the achievement attained by his son, noting that it has not only brought honour to his family but to Nigeria as a whole. “Sincerely speaking, my joy is not only because he is my son but because he has represented Nigeria well by bringing a laurel which has manifested in the best First Class Prize in Law”.

Caption for the attached photo:
The Nigerian Student, Oluwatobi Olasunkanmi who won the William Charnley Prize for best First Class in Law at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, flanked by his parents, Senator Akinlabi Olasunkanmi and Mrs Adenike Olasunkanmi during the institution's graduation ceremony last Saturday

Source: http://www.myosunstate.com/nigerian-student-tobi-olasunkanmi-tops-uk-varsity/

This is good news! Nigerians making us proud.

His mom look Igbo sha. And her attire also. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
I'll soon bag my own too Best Engineering Student UCLA
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by RolePlay(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
MemphisDepay:
That's my guy.. He was once a naira lander.

Dumped nl to chase his dreams

So should we all
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by hardisha81(m): 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
DrSage:
lipsrsealed
thank God he's not a LAGOONIAN...yoruba set the pace since 1901...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by ipreach: 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
this is part of CHANGE APC PROMISE US
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Bibidear(f): 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
TVTKOKO:
But why is it always yorubas ehn Hausas no dey nigeria ni?

But as a matter of fact, outta ten achievements by nigerians, there's every probability that atleast five of them are yorubas...
u dnt need that,he is a nigerian and so we have to celebrate him as dat
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by MsZeezah: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
amaben2020:

Must you be a tribal bigot at all times? Congratulations to my fellow Nigerian
Oh, but he won't be a tribal bigot if the boy was Igbo and the person you quoted had said "Igbo Kwenu"? Remove the log from your eye before removing the speck from someone else's eye.

Thank You.

P.S: I am not supporting tribalism, I just hate being one sided.
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by MsZeezah: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
bigfrancis21:

This is good news! Nigerians making us proud.

His mom look Igbo sha. And her attire also. wink
You see them?

Amaben2020, oya tell this one to stop too.
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Gorimakpa1: 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
he bagged the best student award because the country were he merited and got the award is an equitable and merit driven country....over here i can bet with my pension, tribalism and bigotry will never let that happen.
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
@ my namesake
Re: Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity by kingsley3218(m): 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
Guy,come back home and study that law again and let's see if those winchi winchi lecturers would allow u progress with a first class they themselves couldn't graduate with.....naija lecturers,winching nigerian students since 1960!!! Anyway,big congrats bro.....proud ur a nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA / Federal Poly Nekede Cut-off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.