Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church (21000 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Few In The Roman Catholic And Also Few Yoruba Revd Fathers? / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If you like it when your church is being celebrated you should also be prepared to defend it when it is being criticized.
I will defend it when it is criticized unjustly by a human being with a brain...

...not when an empty skull is making noise about what he knows nothing about.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Is this your reason why it is true?

It is reason enough for you and your pastors who are obsessed with the Catholic Church.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I guess it's not the wafer god. undecided
What is "wafer god?"

Is that what you and your pastors are desperate for at the Vatican?
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
urheme:

A universal God who does not recognise religion and their various denomination.

This God does not take tithe, vows, sacriffice, offerings, seed of faith.....etc.

He does not feed on praise,worship,fasting or your harvest.

You cannot eat the flesh or drink the blood of this God in any form, He is not food.

He sees your heart, conscience, good and wickedness.

He does not reside in a church or temple of any sort.

His word has been planted in your heart, you don't need to read any book to know him.

Hope this helps

Are you about to create this "god?"

Or does he already exist?

If he exists, how did you know about him? When did he tell you he has all those qualities? Why should he be focused on? What is his relevance?
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
italo:

The pastors are just as obsessed with the Catholic Church as you are.

You're also fulfilling the same prophecy?

Why would I want to kiss the person who stands as your "Jesus"? Please, can you enlighten us on what prophecy I am supposed to be fulfilling? undecided
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
italo:

I will defend it when it is criticized unjustly by a human being with a brain...

...not when an empty skull is making noise about what he knows nothing about.

I guess the atheists stole this line from you guys by attacking the person in order to derail from the issue at hand. undecided
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
italo:

It is reason enough for you and your pastors who are obsessed with the Catholic Church.

I am obsessed with the gospel truth, can you please answer the question? Is the Roman Catholic the only true church?
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
italo:

What is "wafer god?"

Is that what you and your pastors are desperate for at the Vatican?

The wafer your priests magically turn into the flesh of "Jesus" is what I refer to as the wafer god.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The wafer your priests magically turn into the flesh of "Jesus" is what I refer to as the wafer god.

I see! That's what fascinates you and your pastors about the Church?
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I am obsessed with the gospel truth, can you please answer the question? Is the Roman Catholic the only true church?
It has to be since you and all your pastors are obsessed with it. You all keep vigil to see the Pope and dream of an invitation to learn from him.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
italo:

I see! That's what fascinates you and your pastors about the Church?

I expect you to enlighten us why cannibalism should be practised in the "only true church"
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
italo:

It has to be since you and all your pastors are obsessed with it. You all keep vigil to see the Pope and dream of an invitation to learn from him.

That's not the point. cool
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 12:02am On Jul 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I expect you to enlighten us why cannibalism should be practised in the "only true church"

I expect you to tell us why you and your pastors are obsessed with the Catholic Church.

Is it the "cannibalism" you long for?
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 12:35am On Jul 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

That's not the point. cool

It's the point.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45am On Jul 10, 2015
italo:

I expect you to tell us why you and your pastors are obsessed with the Catholic Church.

Below is a quote from Houston showing you the culprits fratanising with the Catholic Church.

w) When I was first converted about 25 years ago, there was in the front of the King James version of the Bible, the statement that the Pope was the "man of sin." Today, that has been removed. Just another point of the great apostasy that is taking place in regards to the true Church flirting with Rome. We should note how Paul ties in the "falling away" with "that man of sin" in II Thessalonians 2. My personal belief is that the main element of this apostasy is the true Church seeking a common fellowship with this "mother of whores" (Rome) and its "man of sin" (the Pope). As God's Israel of the Old Testament apostasized into Babylon and her idolatry; so it seems that God's spiritual Israel of the New Testament is doing the same thing. But God still has His faithful remnant who still are crying out, "Come out of her, My people." (Revelation 18:4)
And last, but not least, a word from the enemy herself...

https://www.nairaland.com/2342759/testimony-former-jesuit-priest
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by urheme: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Yes it is! All other churches are bunch of rebellouse self rightous hypocrite who have manage to bring christianity to a level of decay and degradation. That the society and the world at large battles to regulate today.

Christianity became a bigger palava when the protestant emerged.

All protestants church pastors are thives who feed on tithe and offerings.

419 actually started in the protestant churches,

There are more armed robbers and prostitutes in the protestant church than we have in catholic,

In fact my rice is burning......will be back

I dey vex today cry
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by urheme: 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
italo:

grin grin grin grin
These protestant are worse than cannibals.
They are blood suckers, they drain u of your blood while alive, they suck u off everything and leave u to go and die,

Infact they should be banned or consolidated, they are trading in too many names and style.

In fact!!!!!!
I dey go sharp my cutlass for these demons, they are polluting our street with noise, flyers, banners all over the place.

Every idddddiot that holds a bible is on billboard, and those useless female with big weavons on their head think they have anoiting.

How can holispirit see all that attachment and still enters, they think holy spirit is a foool.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by urheme: 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Is it not biblical?
I know you are very good with the bible, educate us, i don,t actually believe in it, and i conderm not, they are free to serve their God the way the like, in as much as it is legal
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2015
italo:

It's the point.

Does that answer point number 1 question of the OP?
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2015
urheme:

Is it not biblical?
I know you are very good with the bible, educate us, i don,t actually believe in it, and i conderm not, they are free to serve their God the way the like, in as much as it is legal

You will have to stay tuned till they respond to the last question of the OP.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by italo: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Does that answer point number 1 question of the OP?

Yes.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27am On Jul 13, 2015
italo:

Yes.

How?
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:49am On Jul 13, 2015
urheme:

Yes it is! All other churches are bunch of rebellouse self rightous hypocrite who have manage to bring christianity to a level of decay and degradation. That the society and the world at large battles to regulate today.

Christianity became a bigger palava when the protestant emerged.

All protestants church pastors are thives who feed on tithe and offerings.

419 actually started in the protestant churches,

There are more armed robbers and prostitutes in the protestant church than we have in catholic,

In fact my rice is burning......will be back

I dey vex today cry

Are you a Roman catholic or you are just speaking on their behalf? undecided
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

1. The Catholic church is the one true church CCC 2105

"The duty of offering God genuine worship concerns man both individually and socially. This is 'the traditional Catholic teaching on the moral duty of individuals and societies toward the true religion and the one Church of Christ.' By constantly evangelizing men, the Church works toward enabling them 'to infuse the Christian spirit into the mentality and mores, laws and structures of the communities in which [they] live.' The social duty of Christians is to respect and awaken in each man the love of the true and the good. It requires them to make known the worship of the one true religion which subsists in the Catholic and apostolic Church. Christians are called to be the light of the world. Thus, the Church shows forth the kingship of Christ over all creation and in particular over human societies."

Is this true or not?

2. Infallibility of the Catholic Church CCC 2035,

"The supreme degree of participation in the authority of Christ is ensured by the charism of infallibility. This infallibility extends as far as does the deposit of divine Revelation; it also extends to all those elements of doctrine, including morals, without which the saving truths of the faith cannot be preserved, explained, or observed."

Was the Pope stating an infallible truth when he said the universe was created by a big bang? undecided
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by btoks: 3:23am On Jul 17, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

2. Infallibility of the Catholic Church CCC 2035,

"The supreme degree of participation in the authority of Christ is ensured by the charism of infallibility. This infallibility extends as far as does the deposit of divine Revelation; it also extends to all those elements of doctrine, including morals, without which the saving truths of the faith cannot be preserved, explained, or observed."

Was the Pope stating an infallible truth when he said the universe was created by a big bang? undecided
The pope was not declaring official church teaching to all the faithful therefore was not speaking infallibly. This is what he said: The Big Bang, which is today posited as the origin of the world, does not contradict the divine act of creation; rather, it requires it”, . Also, “evolution of nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation because evolution pre-supposes the creation of beings which evolve.”
This doesn't contradict CC teaching anyway so I don't understand your point. Science discovers things everyday,all he was stating is that all these require a creator, God.
If there is conclusive evidence of the big bang theory in the future,the church may decide to have an official teaching.In any case,it doesn't affect the faith.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by Humblebloke(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2015
Fallacies everywhere....... How on earth does one man pay for someone elses' actions
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by SalC: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2015
urheme:

The catholics you are talking about also share in your Jesus likewise other denominations of christians, so why did u setup a thread to humilate and conderm them?.

Urheme is this you? shocked
What happened?

1 Like

Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by Appleyard(m): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Below are the false teachings of the Roman Catholic Church

1) The Catholic Church is the one true church (CCC 2105),
2) Infallibility of the Catholic Church, (CCC 2035),
3) Only the Roman Catholic Church has authority to interpret Scripture (CCC 100),
4) The Pope is the head of the church and has the authority of Christ (CCC 2034),
5) The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation (CCC 846),
6) Sacred Tradition equal to scripture (CCC 82),
7) Forgiveness of sins, salvation, is by faith and works (CCC 2036 CCC 2080 2068),
8] Full benefit of Salvation is only through the Roman Catholic Church (Vatican 2, Decree on Ecumenism, 3),
9) Grace can be merited (CCC 2010 CCC 2027),
10) The merit of Mary and the Saints can be applied to Catholics and others (1477),
11) Penance is necessary for salvation (CCC 980),
12) Purgatory (CCC 1031 CCC 1475),
13) Indulgences (CCC 1471 CCC 1478 CCC 1498 CCC 1472),
14) Mary is Mediatrix (CCC 969),
15) Mary brings us the gifts of eternal salvation (CCC 969),
16) Mary delivers souls from death (CCC 966),
17) Prayer to the saints (CCC 2677),
18) The Communion elements become the actual body and blood of Christ (CCC 1374 CCC 1376).

Good exposition.

Now check these:
The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,

1. Why does it condemn clerical dress? (Matt. 23:5-6). 2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary? (Luke
11:27-28).

3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests? (1 Pet. N2:5,9).

4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?
(Gal. 4:9-11). 5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints? (1 Cor. 1:2).

6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images? (Ex. 20:4-5).

7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring? (Col. 2:12).

8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as
"father"? (Matt. 23:9).

9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter? (1 Cor. 3:11).

10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many? (1 Tim. 2:5).

11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married
man? (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5). 12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter? (Luke
22:24-27).

13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory? (Luke 16:26). 14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the
Catholic Church?

It all shows that the roman catholic church is the hallmark of Satanism!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
btoks:

The pope was not declaring official church teaching to all the faithful therefore was not speaking infallibly. This is what he said: The Big Bang, which is today posited as the origin of the world, does not contradict the divine act of creation; rather, it requires it”, . Also, “evolution of nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation because evolution pre-supposes the creation of beings which evolve.”
This doesn't contradict CC teaching anyway so I don't understand your point. Science discovers things everyday,all he was stating is that all these require a creator, God.
If there is conclusive evidence of the big bang theory in the future,the church may decide to have an official teaching.In any case,it doesn't affect the faith.

In short the Pope is saying that the big bang is the answer to the origin of the world thus acquiescing to the theory of evolution that says there is no need of a God for the world's existence.
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
Humblebloke:

Fallacies everywhere....... How on earth does one man pay for someone elses' actions

Are you saying no one can be magnanimous enough to solve our indebtedness? undecided
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
Appleyard:

Good exposition.

Now check these:
The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,

1. Why does it condemn clerical dress? (Matt. 23:5-6). 2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary? (Luke
11:27-28).

3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests? (1 Pet. N2:5,9).

4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?
(Gal. 4:9-11). 5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints? (1 Cor. 1:2).

6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images? (Ex. 20:4-5).

7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring? (Col. 2:12).

8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as
"father"? (Matt. 23:9).

9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter? (1 Cor. 3:11).

10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many? (1 Tim. 2:5).

11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married
man? (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5). 12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter? (Luke
22:24-27).

13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory? (Luke 16:26). 14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the
Catholic Church?

It all shows that the roman catholic church is the hallmark of Satanism!

Let's trust our Roman catholic folks would not hesitate to address these points that you've raised. undecided
Re: A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church by Humblebloke(m): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying no one can be magnanimous enough to solve our indebtedness? undecided

If someone who graced the earth over 2500 years ago died for the sins of the whole mankind...... Including The .ones before and after his existence.... This kind of theory gives room for atheism

If I am to buy this.........Then I should consider going on a killing spree since some superhuman died for my sins already

Pls....sell ur story book elsewhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / 14-Year-Old Orphan Thrown Out By Her Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation. Photos / Ex Boko Haram Leader, Now Converted To The Christian, Fingers Ibb And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.