Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers (1646 Views)

Massive Crowd Shut Down Imo In Solidarity For Buhari And Rochas Okorocha. Photos / Federal High Court Judge Overrules Supreme Court over Sacked Anambra Lawmakers. / Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
The Imo State Government has beggeg the state and national leadership of Nigeria Labour congress, NLC, to reverse their plan to shutdown the state over the 'illegal' sack of over 3,000 civil servants in the state.
NLC had in a statement threatened to shutdown the state if Governor rochas okorocha failed to recall the over 3,000 workers in the 19 parastatals,agencies and departments.
According to a press statement signed on behalf of the Governor by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, government begged labour not to embark on any strike that would not benefit anyone.

Source:www/dailypostnews/okorochabegslabour.com

Lala do the needful
Am waiting grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by vision2022: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
My governor, my governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by doyinisaac(m): 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
They should not shut it down after you caused it...hypocrite!!!

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by ozoebuka1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
people can be funny.. u sack them and u are tellin them not to strike?....
the sack can only be justified if the sacked was working with a fake certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by doyinisaac(m): 1:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
ozoebuka1:
people can be funny.. u sack them and u are tellin them not to strike?....
the sack can only be justified if the sacked was working with a fake certificate.
let me use my own English..."the sackee"..grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by 0nyegame(m): 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Why is he begging them,this Okoroawusa of a man wants to starve Omilites to their graves,what was he thinking when he sacked over 3000plus workers in the state.Rochas! Rochas!! Rochas!!! The gods and people are very angry with and don't think u will escape it

3 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by discusant: 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Okorocha is supposed to say: "Don't shutdown my Owerri"

Problems of Imo state with Okorocha go beyond his sacking of workers.

Okorocha has vested interest in Owerri because he has his palatial home and businesses. including hotels, in Owerri.

He collects federal allocations of the 27 local government councils and use them to build fancy projects only in Owerri.

OBSESSION WITH STATE CAPITAL.

Okorocha even destroyed state library in Owerri to build new one. Modern State library doesn't exist in any other lga in Imo state.

He built three new stadium-like structures in Owerri which already has Dan Anyiam stadium. No sports stadium exists outside Owerri since Okorocha became governor.

Okorocha now builds new roads where no humans live in Owerri in anticipation of expansion of Owerri. But in other towns in Imo state, roads that Okorocha contractors srarted and abandoned since the last four years hinder movement of people and goods

If Okorocha had left the federal allocations to Imo 27 lgas in the last five years, the state should have recorded overall meaningful development.

Okorocha tired to build roads outside the state capital in his first year of office. But seems to have been told later that the Imo state capital is Imo state.

Three months ago, even Okorocha's deputy told the world in an interview with Vanguard media that Okorocha spent 75% of his development efforts in Owerri in four years. This is a serious accusation.

How can Imo people get Okorocha to understand that the state capital doesn't deserve 75% of Imo state's development projects before he transforms the other lgas outside Owerri to abandoned and extinct before he leaves office?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Abagworo(m): 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
He pleaded with them because Imo youths are angry with NLC and tired of anti-Government propaganda by election losers. If the issue is not handled with care there might be a serious ethnic and political clash.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Scholes007(m): 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abagworo:
He pleaded with them because Imo youths are angry with NLC and tired of anti-Government propaganda by election losers. If the issue is not handled with care there might be a serious ethnic and political clash.
which ethnic clash? Guy wetin you dey talk self?!

6 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Abagworo(m): 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
Scholes007:
which ethnic clash? Guy wetin you dey talk self?!

Upcoming events will prove me right as usual. Meanwhile Okorocha is showing Igbo Governors good example on selfhelp and encouraging home made.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abagworo:

Nigga,in the days of Solomon I Odenigbo Aroli would cut your head off with a sword and let you family watch!

6 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Schematics: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nwanne, the ediot is a pure kolomental but I have got his meds.. cheesy

NRIPRIEST:

Nigga,in the days of Solomon I Odenigbo Aroli would cut your head off with a sword and let you family watch!

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Scholes007(m): 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abagworo:

Upcoming events will prove me right as usual. Meanwhile Okorocha is showing Igbo Governors good example on selfhelp and encouraging home made.
see na you sabi wetin you dey talk o. Forget this okorocha make we talk better thing joor? Anyway congrates to him for encouraging home made

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Vicboi1(m): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abagworo:

Abagworo ur a Undiluted fool have u been to anambra if u go there u would find out that that Wille is the best in southeast why did Rochas take the money going to the lga into his purse and that bastard is saying Imo is broke he milked Imo dry all his project is wash I wish his life can be wash also we haven't entered 4 years yet and we are complaining only God would help us because that devil called rochas is a complete bastard I just wish a group of people would stand up and start killing all this our politicians instead of innocent people Rochas is just in it for his family and nothing else

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Abagworo(m): 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Vicboi1:
Abagworo ur a Undiluted fool have u been to anambra if u go there u would find out that that Wille is the best in southeast why did Rochas take the money going to the lga into his purse and that bastard is saying Imo is broke he milked Imo dry all his project is wash I wish his life can be wash also we haven't entered 4 years yet and we are complaining only God would help us because that devil called rochas is a complete bastard I just wish a group of people would stand up and start killing all this our politicians instead of innocent people Rochas is just in it for his family and nothing else

So all the over 400 schools he built is for his family, the scholarship to more than a million people is for his family, the hundreds of kilometers of roads he constructed is for his family, the dozens of hospitals he built is for his family. Please spare those made in Mbaise lies and accept your defeat in peace.

And finally don't compare Anambra with Imo. Maybe Mbaise is not good but not the parts of Imo and Anambra I've been to lately will prove anyone better.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Schematics: 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hopeless animal focus on your useless and worthless imo state. You hate the truth so much that it eats you up whenever you hear the bitter truth.

It's an insult to write the mess called imo state on the same page with Anambra. Be guided you clown.

[s]
Abagworo:

So all the over 400 schools he built is for his family, the scholarship to more than a million people is for his family, the hundreds of kilometers of roads he constructed is for his family, the dozens of hospitals he built is for his family. Please spare those made in Mbaise lies and accept your defeat in peace.

And finally don't compare Anambra with Imo. Maybe Mbaise is not good but not the parts of Imo and Anambra I've been to lately will prove anyone better.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by UyiIredia(m): 6:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
But I saw an argument on Channels between an agent of the the Imo state government and a rep of the aggrieved workers. The sack was don after they found out that the workers weren't doing what they were paid for. If that is fact then taxpayers money are simply being wasted.

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Vicboi1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abagworo:

chairman am not from mbaise firstly and secondly I want to ask u something can u take your child to those so called schools he built with nothing inside? Secondly mention just one road that he has built that's hasn't spoilt or hasn't been amended on a regular basis and if truly he built dozens of hospital then why it that imolite are going to private hospitals . I rest my case for until u give me a reply to those questions then I would actually know that u are somebody of substance.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Abagworo(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Vicboi1:
chairman am not from mbaise firstly and secondly I want to ask u something can u take your child to those so called schools he built with nothing inside? Secondly mention just one road that he has built that's hasn't spoilt or hasn't been amended on a regular basis and if truly he built dozens of hospital then why it that imolite are going to private hospitals . I rest my case for until u give me a reply to those questions then I would actually know that u are somebody of substance.

Have you visited the schools or you are looking for ways to discredit his achievements. Inside Owerri Owerri city School and Emmanuel College are a stone throw apart. You can visit the 2 and verify incase you are assuming they are empty inside. As for Hospitals if Okorocha succeeds in concessioning them Imo will become the 1st State with functional public hospitals where even a Governor can be treated. The public health sector in Nigeria is being jeopardised by interests. Most senior Doctors at our General hospitals have private clinics hence divided attention. When concessioned it becomes all or nothing.

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by BeardedMeat(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abagworo:
Taa meshie onu gi! Imo youths kole? Ori 'a ishi ari gi nma!

1 Like

Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by ozoebuka1(m): 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
doyinisaac:
let me use my own English..."the sackee"..grin
lol
Re: Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers by Vicboi1(m): 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abagworo:

Have you visited the schools or you are looking for ways to discredit his achievements. Inside Owerri Owerri city School and Emmanuel College are a stone throw apart. You can visit the 2 and verify incase you are assuming they are empty inside. As for Hospitals if Okorocha succeeds in concessioning them Imo will become the 1st State with functional public hospitals where even a Governor can be treated. The public health sector in Nigeria is being jeopardised by interests. Most senior Doctors at our General hospitals have private clinics hence divided attention. When concessioned it becomes all or nothing.
Abagworo when u talk with facts I have visited the school at Emmanuel college and the principal told us clear that there is nothing is in those building's that we see that the government is doing that that the so called free education is a scam that y he doesn't want to talk is because he fears for his job and why can't u answer just a simple question can u take ur ward there? And forget about what that man is saying if he wanted to do it he would pass an information early and he would come out and explain to imolite what it really means that pursue doctors out and use security agency to block the hospital so tell me what does it really mean that he has a selfish interest

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos:Buhari Returns To Nigeria From Qatar And Saudi Arabia / Why Do You Support The Party Of Your Choice? / Check Out The New Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.