Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android (35950 Views)

4 Smartphones You Should Buy If You Want To Upgrade / Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by OpraMenu(m): 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
Wetin dis one de tok?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by martineverest(m): 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Apple has been using retina display which is 'IPS' lcd by LG.
ollah1:

You enjoy iOS more than the android doesn't mean it's better. That's your choice it's your opinion. There are more out there that would support and be against your opinion.

There isn't any video regarding the noise cancellation thing doesn't mean it's not being tested by reviewers and it would be written.

I ve got friends that switched from iOS to android and never looked back and vice versa. I used to have 4S but trashed it and never looked back.

Last iPhone didn't have much Samsung components in it but this time Apple wants Sammy to build them NAND storage and also design their A9 processor on 14nm finFET technology. If Apple wasn't stunned by the s6 siblings they wouldn't do business with sammy cos they don't like them.

Best screen: S6(QHD)
Best Camera: S6
Best processor: Exynos 7420 (Samsung)
Longer Battery: S6
Fastest phone : S6 (UFS 2.0)
Smoothest phone: HTC M9

Modified.

The next iPhone screen would be OLED,a tech apple has always criticised
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
xtervaganza:
no wonder iphone users are called Isheep grin

Def bro u nailed it
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by lovely17(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
MsZeezah:

Lol. That's all I can say. S5 you say? Lol. Lol
why you laughing Am serious I compared their specs
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
martineverest:
Apple has been using retina display which is 'IPS' lcd by LG.

Yh true that but they wanna switch to OLED either on 6S or 7 but am guessing its gonna be 7. 6S is usually few upgrades and more of internals
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by johnsonsegxy: 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
anigold:

bros dont mind the OP when some Nigerians are using android phones to make a good living online... And the OP posting very irrelevant reasons for liking Iphone...

Mtcheew....

Dont mind him jare wetin e sabi....na to pose for social site say dem get iPhone... IPhone wey person don use tire.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by bashydemy(m): 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
OP you might b right, I have both Andriod and Apple phone, I use Samsung Galaxy S5 for a lmaost a year now and i bought my Iphone 6 plus last weekend and i love both phone so much.. Though each phone with advantage and disadvantage.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by raysville(m): 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
we all agree that i phone is the best, can you compare rolls Royce with BMW? but then again android is cool. abi? smiley

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by danbrowndmf(m): 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
pinkycute:
Exactly my dear cheesy
IPhone is not interesting jhooooor sad
Samsung Galaxy all the way cheesy
Imagine I can't even operate Nairaland on my IPhone 6 angry not to talk about downloading it embarassed

should i say u'v changed or what? .:/

see ur DP.:/
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by martineverest(m): 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
Neva heard of any rumour like dat....dont xpect apple to dump dia retina display for samsung's super amoled( which sucks battery)
ollah1:

Yh true that but they wanna switch to OLED either on 6S or 7 but am guessing its gonna be 7. 6S is usually few upgrades and more of internals
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by MsZeezah: 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

What samsung did you used? Which phone doesn't get hot? Which phone doesn't consume more battery life on 4G LTE??
An S5. Prior to that, I had a Z10. The screen used to be hot as well but not as hot as the S5, I mean the Samsung gets so hot that I can't even touch it to my cheek or ear when I get calls! Its that bad. I've a 6plus now and I tell you there is a huge difference. I like Androids cos of their flexibility and because it's opensource and all but I'd rather get another BB OS10 than get another android.

And when the Android is on 4GLTE it barely lasts 6 hours. Barely. I could keep my IOS on 4GLTE for a whole day and still have leftover battery life the next day.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by pinkycute(f): 11:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
Not really.....

Changing it*********

danbrowndmf:
should i say u'v changed or what? .:/

see ur DP.:/
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by zylla(m): 12:36am On Jul 04, 2015
XVIER:
iPhone is the best ever.... People always say sh!!t bout iOS cos they've not use it before. Jailbreak your iPhone and get mad.
Word!!!!
I've used the two, I use to have an Galaxy Note 2 and I loved it but when I got the IPhone 5s and jailbreaked it, I was blown out of the water. It's in a different world. The typing is awesome.
Use one to appreciate it

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by dorcky: 12:46am On Jul 04, 2015
iOS is the best because they are virus free and have self repair and the quality of pictures is wonder ... Just buy and fogey about other phones.... Motto: ( you got Mac, you never go back)

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by dblaisepascal(m): 1:00am On Jul 04, 2015
musiwax:

Based on the earlier thread supporting the iPhone, I had to create a rebuttal thread so that people will know what they are signing up for when they decide to go down the rabbit hole of the Android OS.

For the purpose of this review, there would be a lot of references to iPhone 6 and Samsung galaxy S6.

1. You prefer the more intuitive and user-friendly, albeit less feature-rich platform/user interface combination
Despite the fact that the most recent iteration of TouchWiz is now more streamlined and intuitive than ever, iOS is still ahead of it in terms of overall performance. TouchWiz UI on the Galaxy S6 still feels "heavy" from time to time, and while it lags less than it did on Samsung's previous flagship offerings, we can't say that it is a better offering than iOS. On the contrary, the latter offers a more hassle-free experience all over the board. Of course, Android and TouchWiz in particular are the epitome of a feature-rich combination between a mobile platform and UI, but this might not be a definite plus for every consumer.

2. You don't want oily fingerprint smudges at the back of your phone

The Gorilla Glass 4-covered back of the Galaxy S6 looks strikingly good and provides a good grip, but wait until you handle the device for a while. Chances are that the rear of your shiny new Samsung flagship will be covered with oily smudges and greasy fingerprint marks. Of course, there's no way that can be remotely appealing. The iPhone 6 holds virtually no smudges thanks to its aluminium rear. The latter, however, is not as grippy as its Samsung rival.

3. You want a metal phone

Despite that the Galaxy S6 and the S6 edge are pretty much on par with the iPhone 6 in terms of exterior design, there might be some users that don't feel comfortable with the Gorilla Glass back of the Samsung flagships. As a refresher, Apple also made use of glass in two of its previous iPhone offerings, the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4s.

4. You want a top-performing all-around device

Say what you want about Apple's iPhones, but you can't argue that they hardly ever exhibit major flaws or issues that turn customers off. Unlike certain Android flagships from the current and last year, which brought issues that we're quite hard to swallow, you can usually count on the iPhone's consistency and reliability. Yes, the iPhone 6 doesn't have an SpO2 sensor or a laser-assisted auto-focus, but it surely takes drool-worthy photos and has a predictable battery life.

5. You want timely OS updates

When a new major version of iOS gets released to the public, the majority of iOS users receive the update in a matter of hours - there's little waiting involved. On the other hand, no matter how much Samsung is poised to keep its flagships running the newest Android version, updating its Android flagships will take significantly longer.

6. You care about the whole experience

From the hardware to the software, Apple takes care of everything iPhone-related. Normally, this ensures that all aspects of the device are tailored to work seamlessly between one another and provide an almost-unrivaled user experience on all fronts. Optimization and the fruitful marriage between software and hardware is one of the most noteworthy aspects of an iPhone. We don't say that you will be disappointed by the Galaxy S6, but you'll probably have to wait a little longer before you can enjoy a similar overall experience on Samsung flagship.

7. iPhones get the best apps first.
Even though the iPhone has a smaller market share, developers still tend to make the best apps for iOS first. Yes, you can find most of the same popular apps on Android, but they don't always have the better features and designs. If you care about having the best apps on your phone, you're better off with iPhone.

8. No Android Phone Can Match IPhones' Fingerprint Sensor

Some Android phone makers like Samsung and HTC have tried adding fingerprint sensors to their phones, but none of them are as useful and accurate as the TouchID sensor on the iPhone. A few years ago, Apple bought a company called Authentec that makes the best fingerprint sensors for mobile devices. No one else has been able to beat TouchID since.

9. Few Android Cameras Can Compare With IPhone 6'S Camera

There are very few Android phones that have cameras as good as the one on the iPhone 6 (The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 stands out pretty well though). iPhone 6's camera takes great photos, and includes nifty features like the ability to shoot slow-motion and time lapse videos.

Plus, rumour has it the next iPhone will have a camera that rivals DSLRs.

Article sources:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/slideshow/9-reasons-why-iphones-are-better-than-android-phones/itslideshowviewall/46107000.cms
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Six-reasons-to-get-the-Apple-iPhone-6-instead-of-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S6_id68983

Further review by me.
My review is based on personal experience with two flagship devices on the platforms (iPhone 6 & Samsung S6), and using each OS over the years.

Here's a list of devices I've used so far:

Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC ONE M8 - 16 Gig with 32Gb memory card
Samsung Galaxy S6 - 64 Gb
Iphone 6 - 64 Gb
thanks for d info'. BUT I am still very cool with my blackberry' subscription-cheap, app-ok, parts-cheap, netwrk strenght- Ok, Market price-ok(for akpako like us), & so easy to operate... I rep BB... Iphone(for Big Boys), BlackBerry for d masses..
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by XVIER(m): 1:16am On Jul 04, 2015
zylla:

Word!!!!
I've used the two, I use to have an Galaxy Note 2 and I loved it but when I got the IPhone 5s and jailbreaked it, I was blown out of the water. It's in a different world. The typing is awesome.
Use one to appreciate it
you see. i have used several types of android htc and samsung but when my bro introduced me to iphone mehn it was dope. there are somethings you dont argue about.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by danbrowndmf(m): 1:33am On Jul 04, 2015
pinkycute:
Not really.....

Changing it*********

If u want more like n attention keep it!
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by tchino26(m): 1:36am On Jul 04, 2015
Sony Xperia Z4 won the race

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by 360musicng(m): 1:57am On Jul 04, 2015
proudly a tecnorian grin grin grin make iphone users change imei get data make i see tongue tongue shocked grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by lakecyd(m): 3:33am On Jul 04, 2015
Chanchit:
Sho ro niyen? Mtcheeew, abegi.
Oyami lenu oo, typically comparing Samsung to Apple, and labeling it android vs iPhone
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Donlychigokage(m): 4:17am On Jul 04, 2015
which one you don makeakiko!
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by scobaba: 4:55am On Jul 04, 2015
I still luv my bb q20.

My iphone 6+is just for efizi. Chics go just call u big boi even when you wear slippers grin.
Had issues with uba. While talking to the pretty customer service officer, she just kept looking at the phone like, " if u gv me ds phone, i go follow u go house "grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 04, 2015
MsZeezah:

An S5. Prior to that, I had a Z10. The screen used to be hot as well but not as hot as the S5, I mean the Samsung gets so hot that I can't even touch it to my cheek or ear when I get calls! Its that bad. I've a 6plus now and I tell you there is a huge difference. I like Androids cos of their flexibility and because it's opensource and all but I'd rather get another BB OS10 than get another android.

And when the Android is on 4GLTE it barely lasts 6 hours. Barely. I could keep my IOS on 4GLTE for a whole day and still have leftover battery life the next day.

The way people compare phones ehnn it's really funny. Ohh k good, u had a bad experience with your s5 that automatically means all android phones are below par. So all iphones don't have any issues at all in anyway ?

Your phone barely last you 6 hours on 4GLTE and you are screaming foul. You are funny tho ,how many phone would last you longer than 6 hours on 4G LTE? Besides iPhone 6 plus, which other iPhone can last you that long? Iphone 6 won't even last you 3 hrs till it dies
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Edigrows: 5:47am On Jul 04, 2015
an IPhone will never win case against Android in Nigeria. Take such argument to USA, na dia u fit win ;p
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by mekd: 6:03am On Jul 04, 2015
Loving my mate 7 the more. Iphone na just for effizzy jor
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by MsZeezah: 6:23am On Jul 04, 2015
ollah1:

The way people compare phones ehnn it's really funny. Ohh k good, u had a bad experience with your s5 that automatically means all android phones are below par. So all iphones don't have any issues at all in anyway ?

Your phone barely last you 6 hours on 4GLTE and you are screaming foul. You are funny tho ,how many phone would last you longer than 6 hours on 4G LTE? Besides iPhone 6 plus, which other iPhone can last you that long? Iphone 6 won't even last you 3 hrs till it dies
Screaming foul? Smh. Bye. Learn better ways to address someone is isn't arguing with you but putting her points across. Bye again

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by LordReed(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2015
For those who believe in the myth of iPhones have no issues do a web search for WIFRIED. I also keep hearing people say iPhones don't lag that also is a myth, iPhones lag on certain apps and under certain conditions the ui will lag. Read this from macrumors:

forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6-lag.1790320/

Let's be honest. The 6+ lags.
I notice lag in most apps when rendering content, and I notice glitches where the app downscales, even in Apples own safari.
One minute the content will be fine, the next it glitches and downsizes.
Is this an iOS problem or is it hardware?
I didn't spend $1200 on an unlocked phone to have considerably more lag than I ever did on the year old 5S.
Pissing me off....
Or do I have a faulty unit with a faulty graphics chip?
Everything else about the phone is awesome. I just didn't expect this to ever be a problem. Why downscale if it's going to cause noticeable lag? Just make the developers write code for the new Resolution.

All phones have their own unique problems, don't let the various marketing companies hype machine brain wash you into believing myths. Buy the phone you like and enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2015
martineverest:
Neva heard of any rumour like dat....dont xpect apple to dump dia retina display for samsung's super amoled( which sucks battery)

I read it in diff tech sites. Retina display is just a grammar,it's IPS. I said OLED, never said apple would use Samsungs super amoled. LG makes OLED and can supply them with it . Btw, samsung amoled doesn't suck battery .in fact, QHD and FHD consumes the same battery life.

S6 siblings battery life would have been worst if it wasn't amoled. It's got tiny battery but still incorporates QHD
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2015
LordReed:
For those who believe in the myth of iPhones have no issues do a web search for WIFRIED. I also keep hearing people say iPhones don't lag that also is a myth, iPhones lag on certain apps and under certain conditions the ui will lag. Read this from macrumors:

forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6-lag.1790320/

Let's be honest. The 6+ lags.
I notice lag in most apps when rendering content, and I notice glitches where the app downscales, even in Apples own safari.
One minute the content will be fine, the next it glitches and downsizes.
Is this an iOS problem or is it hardware?
I didn't spend $1200 on an unlocked phone to have considerably more lag than I ever did on the year old 5S.
Pissing me off....
Or do I have a faulty unit with a faulty graphics chip?
Everything else about the phone is awesome. I just didn't expect this to ever be a problem. Why downscale if it's going to cause noticeable lag? Just make the developers write code for the new Resolution.

All phones have their own unique problems, don't let the various marketing companies hype machine brain wash you into believing myths. Buy the phone you like and enjoy it.

Glad an iFan can boldly speak the truth and also provide an iFan site as a proof of what others encounter.

They actually feel the phone is made in heaven and its perfectly perfect and wouldn't listen to you when you school them about phones or tell them the problems its got.

+1 like for you bro
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by LordReed(m): 9:47am On Jul 04, 2015
ollah1:

Glad an iFan can body speak the truth and also provide an iFan site for a proof of what others encounter.

They actually feel the phone is made in heaven and its perfectly perfect and wouldn't listen to you when you school them about phones or tell them the problems its got.

+1 like for you bro

I am not an iFan but I use Apple products and like them for their utility. They are by no means perfect and it is irritating to see people hype them as though they are.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 04, 2015
LordReed:

I am not an iFan but I use Apple products and like them for their utility. They are by no means perfect and it is irritating to see people hype them as though they are.

Great. The hype is just it, u said all bro. You hit the nail on every part of the body and not just the head
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by martineverest(m): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2015
ollah1:

is oled not an old version of samsung resolution?who still use oled?...super amoled is d latest,bro.........mind u QHD AND FHD does not consume same battery.d former consume more.d higher d resolution d more battery consumption
I read it in diff tech sites. Retina display is just a grammar,it's IPS. I said OLED, never said apple would use Samsungs super amoled. LG makes OLED and can supply them with it . Btw, samsung amoled doesn't suck battery .in fact, QHD and FHD consumes the same battery life.

S6 siblings battery life would have been worst if it wasn't amoled. It's got tiny battery but still incorporates QHD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series / Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review / Top 10 Current And Best MTK Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.