Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. (122967 Views)

How Many Countries & States In Nigeria Have You Been To? / 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com / Mention The States In Nigeria That You Have Been To. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by dammieco(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
scholes0:
8: OSUN STATE: Osun is an inland state in south-western Nigeria covering a land area of 9,251 km2. It's capital and largest city is Osogbo, while other important towns include" Ife, Ilesha, Ede, Iwo. It is bounded in the north by Kwara State, in the east partly by Ekiti State and partly by Ondo State, in the south by Ogun State and in the west by Oyo State. The southern two thirds of the state is covered in tropical rain forests, the eastern flanks of the states are a hilly undulating terrain, while the north is primarily wooded savannah. Important touristic sites are the Olumirin waterfalls and touristic resort in Erin-Ijesha, Ayikungba waterfalls, Osun Osogbo UNESCO world heritage site, Ibodi Forest Reserves, Esa Oke mineral spring, Okinni water dam, Shasha nature reserve among others.

PROUDLY ILESHA!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
CSTR2:
But you were defending the validity of your "subjective" list as if it was authentic.
Btw, who told you bayelsa is just swamps? Even at that , swamps are the definition of tropical.
Rocks and hills as depicted in your list is synonymous to arid/savannah regions. There is nothing tropical about rocks and hills.
I was expecting to see beauriful vegetations and wildlife regions, not rocks, hills and aridity.

When did mountains become synonymous with aridity/savannas only? lmao... there is no arid place in my entire post. Most of nigeria's wildlife is in the North, in locations like Yankari, Kainji park, Gashaka Gumti Etc.
You don't agree with my list..... Which is fine

The solution to that is Simple...

MAKE YOURS.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Hero10001: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
adebayor1490:
chai...... na suffer be dat o
no be small thing my broda. No try am if you no get chopper oh!
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Nwunuken(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
scholes0:
1: TARABA STATE: Taraba state in the Middle Belt zone of Nigeria is one of the largest states geographically, and is nicknamed "Nature's gift to the Nation". It is also one of the most sparsely populated, which makes it a wonderful choice/location for nature tourism. Jalingo is the state capital, while Wukari is another important town in the state. The state is named after the Taraba river, which traverses the Southern portions of the state. A major feature of the state is the scenic and prominent Mambilla Plateau with an average altitude of 1,800 meters (6000 ft) above sea level has a temperate climate all year round, other locations include The Ngel Nyaki Forest reserve, the Gashaka Gumti National park (which is the largest in Nigeria), Chappal Hendu, Chappal Wadii, the tallest mountain in Nigeria, Donga river basin forest,.. Etc
Taraba is Definitely the most beautiful state in all of Nigeria.
beautiful environment Taraba state carry the day.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Dezzx(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hero10001:

I served in Kagoro, kaura lg of kaduna. whats beautiful on kagoro hills and kaf falls?!
OP, you know nothing bout beauty.
have u climb the kagoro hill before? Its the most serene and beautiful environment I have seen. Anyway beauty the say is in they eye of the beholder.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Hero10001: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
scholes0:

When did mountains become synonymous with aridity/savannas only? lmao... there is no arid place in my entire post. Most of nigeria's wildlife is in the North, in locations like Yankari, Kainji park, Gashaka Gumti Etc.
You don't agree with my list..... Which is fine

The solution to that is Simple...

MAKE YOURS.

Kai, Kagoro hills is an example of aridity.
Have you been there?!
I was there bro.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by kenoz(m): 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
okay o.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by lordxarmzon: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
see dis tribalist oooo
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Hero10001: 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dezzx:
have u climb the kagoro hill before? Its the most serene and beautiful environment I have seen. Anyway beauty the say is in they eye of the beholder.
Yes i've climb it.
You called that most serene and beautiful environment you've ever seen?!
Chai, you must be charged for murder cos u don kill beauty.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hero10001:

Kai, Kagoro hills is an example of aridity.
Have you been there?!
I was there bro.

If you go there in the dry season, it will be dry, if you go there in the rainy season it will be lush and green
This is Kagoro hills in the wetter periods of the year, is it arid?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Hero10001: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
scholes0:

If you go there in the dry season, it will be dry, if you go there in the rainy season it will be lush and green
This is Kagoro hills in the wetter periods of the year, is it arid?
Now you're talking, i agree with that.
I visited it in the dry season, even the rocks were hot to the point of explosion.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by semitunde: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
CSTR2:
A list created by a renown tribalist.
I have been to ekiti and osun on company sponsored excursions sorry there is nothing "naturally breathtaking" there except for one or two places .
Akwaibom, bayelsa , and enugu are more naturally breathtaking than all the states in your list and both weren't even mentioned.
In fact, when it comes to tropical beauty, the SS and to an extent the SE are the hot zones in Nigeria.
You must be a unsalvageable tribalist or irredeemably ignorant.
Throw this list into the trash.
I don't see tourists scrambling to visit any of those places in your list except cross river.

Lol. This man is angry.

But bros, I think I agree with the op o. There are many places you don't know about. The fact that tourists are not scrambling to get to those places ( including your Enugu) is as a result of the poor tourism culture in Nigeria. This doesn't remove from their beauty.

Not to worry though, as humans we always get tired of seeing the same things. Other known tourist destinations would soon become less endearing. Its the little known places like those we have here that movie producers and tourists/ adventurers would be looking for.

Probably by that time it will be one of the few with little disturbance from modernity.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by juman(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
In my opinion I think adamawa state is the most beautiful.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by ddugeri(m): 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
scholes0:
1: TARABA STATE: Taraba state in the Middle Belt zone of Nigeria is one of the largest states geographically, and is nicknamed "Nature's gift to the Nation". It is also one of the most sparsely populated, which makes it a wonderful choice/location for nature tourism. Jalingo is the state capital, while Wukari is another important town in the state. The state is named after the Taraba river, which traverses the Southern portions of the state. A major feature of the state is the scenic and prominent Mambilla Plateau with an average altitude of 1,800 meters (6000 ft) above sea level has a temperate climate all year round, other locations include The Ngel Nyaki Forest reserve, the Gashaka Gumti National park (which is the largest in Nigeria), Chappal Hendu, Chappal Wadii, the tallest mountain in Nigeria, Donga river basin forest,.. Etc
Taraba is Definitely the most beautiful state in all of Nigeria.

its raining season naw so every state suppose fine..Green land
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by obinnajr(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
lie lie lie lie lie lie lie
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by butanep(m): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
dubylhover:

grin grin grin,abeg forgive my ignorance...remind me wetin abuja b
Abuja is the capital city of Nigeria...

Abuja is the only city without state...
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by bobkezel(m): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2015
Op u dont know damn thing about beauty.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by carterkelly1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
you are trying to tell us that theres no state with clean water
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by AreaFada2: 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ogun state nko? If na ritual now dem nor go forget. FCT, Oyo, Enugu, Edo, Akwa should get a mention. Anyway, it's subjective.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Minemrys: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
scholes0:
[size=14pt]10 most Naturally beautiful States in Nigeria[/size]

This is a completely Subjective list, of what I think are the ten most naturally endowed (in terms of natural beauty) states in Nigeria.....
Sit back and Enjoy. Don't take the rankings too seriously, folks. cheesy

10: KOGI STATE: Kogi state is located in the central region of Nigeria. It is popularly called the Confluence State because the confluence of River Niger and River Benue is at its capital, Lokoja, which is the first administrative capital of modern-day Nigeria. Other important towns in the state are Kabba, Okene and Idah. The state covers a total land area of 29,833 km2, and is the only state in Nigeria to border 10 other states of the country. The state comprises of various natural features and ecological habitats such as uplands, river valleys, forests, and savannahs. Some interesting features of the state are the Confluence of the Niger and Benue river, Agbaja plateau, Eganaja warm spring, Osome falls & Mount Patti.

CC: Lalasticlala , Seun , OAM4J .
bro u lost me there when u said kogi state. That state is trash!
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by kramer: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
scholes0:
7: ONDO STATE: Ondo state is situated in the south Western part of Nigeria, and covers a total land area of 15,500 km2. Akure is the state capital and largest city, while others include Ondo town, Owo, Ore, Ikare and Okitipupa. Ondo State is richly blessed with varied and favourable ecological biomes and landscapes with vegetation ranging from mangrove swamps to the southern coastal riverine areas through the rainforest of the mid/central lands to the mountainous derived savannah in the northern part of the state. Some major attractions include the Idanre hills, Ebomi lake, Igbokoda waterfront on the Atlantic coast, Igbo Olodumare rain forest, Etc.

Ehmm I didn't know they had beaches in ondo state grin cool
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by yibobasher2: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
aryzgreat:
Biased OP, enugu with all the hills as d name enugu means hills, and d green serenity is not in ur list.

Rubbish, am outa this trash thread

Hush there. What's is beautiful about enugu? Is it the milleken hills or udi hills or abakpa Nike? Though it is the most beautiful state in south east, but surely not in top 10 in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Jyde89: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
kr0ne:
More

All this pix are also beautiful but not as beautiful as those listed in the top10, but I think it's about celebrating the beauty of 9ja @least before Biafra is declared, so let's not argue again please, let every body just rep his or her state by posting beautiful pix k.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by willyo(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
This List was compiled by a ROBOT. It can't be human.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by pauloskyo: 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
Enugu is th best state in Nigeria
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Bibidear(f): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hmm,so my state osun is there,i love that
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by pauloskyo: 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
Enugu is the best

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by kinah(f): 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Chai. Oyo state Ibadan is nt der! shocked
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Goshiii: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
ScholesO organize tours with this information o.
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by Affable200(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
op.I disagree with you,no south east it is unfair
Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by icekoko(f): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Where is Imo eeh? shocked shocked since na rivers and grasses u dey snap u no see the lovely Oguta lake? Or na Only west and North get fine places huh? Cos from ur ranking all I see is North and South. Hmmmm! Just hope no sentiment attached.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.