Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader (7468 Views)

Gbajabiamila Emerges Reps Majority Leader / Welcome Saraki's Choice Of Majority Leader! (picture) / Dogara Resists APC Leaders' Move to Appoint Gbajabiamila as Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Bollove: 4:27am On Jul 05, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Even saraki will realize it at the right time that an attack on Tinubu is an attack on Yorubas.

I wait for the day he will come to the SW to ask for votes, he will regret it that day. The man is a Fulani. Omo oro ni o de ma gbo oro
It is Tinubu that should not bring s.h.it to Yoruba race .....
if Tinubu decides to bring Saraki down, Saraki will defend himself because he have strong rapport with Northern Oligarch and alliances with SS/SE caucus and Saraki will defend himself by clipping Tinubu wings further from any position Tinubu could use to clip Saraki and Clipping Tinubu will affect Yoruba race because he is the National leader of Yoruba in APC.

I think Tinubu should forget being arrogant and stubborn and work with Saraki for the development of OODUA land ..... and Saraki is a Yoruba that will never allow Tinubu to relegate or downgrade him.

Owo kan oo gbe eru doru o.
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 05, 2015
VirginFinder:

Na wa for these Tinubu boys o!

See how they are lumping Tinubu's interest with Yoruba interest.

No sane Yoruba person will refer to Saraki as a Fulani man.

The worst a SWer can call him is 'northerner' which is correct.

Ilorin people abound among us and we cant tell because there's no difference.
Am from ilorin south and I know what am talking about, tell me what makes him a Fulani, in fact they are the only saraki in ilorin, the first saraki in ilorin is olusola (bukolas father) some people said they came from Mali 200yrs ago, how come bukolas father is d first and only saraki in ilorin
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2015
gsalvatore:
refer him to Wikipedia.
Wikipedia is not always right,don't u know that?
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 05, 2015
Please, why is it that South West are so obsessed about their people being in leadership position? What is special about Majority Leader or even Deputy Speaker or even Speaker? I still cannot find what the following people from SW did for South West. For example:

- OBJ was president for 8 years added to 3 years as Military Head of State. What did SW benefit from OBJ?
- Etteh was Speaker for sometime, what did she do for SW?
- Dimeji was Speaker for a term or so, where are the benefits or did he transform Ogun State?
- Mulikat Akande or whatever was Majority leader for 4 years, tell me what project was executed by her that is benefiting SW?

All the flyovers and bridges in Lagos were built by Yakubu Gowon and IBB, except for one or two built by Fashola. Even if Gbajabiamila becomes Speaker, what is he going to do? Impeach Buhari to become president or make Tinubu president? All these cries is never about Nigeria, but self and some 'fools' are killing themselves for nothing. An average SW thinks more of Oodua than Nigeria, then why do you still support this union?

1 Like

Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Rilikoko(m): 6:42am On Jul 05, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
Only one thing is certain.

Hon. Gbaja is going to be the majority leader.

Dogara has no choice but to accept this, the error was not announcing his candidates before the NEC meeting. Any attempt to deviate from the party wishes will pitch him against the APC leadership and the Governors.

Now the question is, will Tinubu accept these position and that of chief whip in the senate for south west.

Now this is for all Yorubas.

Ithas become imperative for us to give Tinubu our loyalty, from all indications the man will not compropmise for selfish interest againt the Yoruba interest. I am particularly happy he did not attend the NEC meeting and also he has been quite since this crisis broke out.

For those saying he should publicly accept Saraki, I say you are on a long thing.

Tinubu as a matter of urgency should align with Obasanjo now more than ever, the battle for 2019 has started.

For Saraki, there are two options for him to realize his 2019 ambition:
1 Get APC AND PDP to make him candidates in 2019 ( I doubt if he can win APC primaries though, however with his romance with pdp he may win pdp primaries)

2 Decamp to PDP and continue is political vollage, the question is will the PDP accept him. However in all, he must win the Igbo and SS confidence. This should not be too diffuclt to do, all he has to prove is that he is anti-Yoruba. the SS and Igbo will vote him like they just did.

Finally Saraki is a Fulani man, the SW will not vote another Fulani man in 2019. I know it that apart from Buhari, Tinubu does not trust any other Fulani.

Now speaking for myself cause I hate making sweeping general statements.

I AM VOTING WHOEVER TINUBU SAY SW SHOULD VOTW IN 2019.

Thanks

#IStandWithTinubu too
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 05, 2015
I stand with tinubu thou. ...

But the deputy speaker came from south west.

It will be unfair to other regions to get majority leader again.

Just my humble submission
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by lagdmark(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Above all OBJ will align with Tinubu cause its the right thing to do.

See Saraki voyage to OBJ is to get is support cause he feels he needs a strong Yoruba on his side that can talk to Tinubu, nothing less nothing more.

Saraki biggest online supporter is dele momodu and for you to know Saraki has reach out to Tinubu but was turned down all you need to do is read Dele tweets.

I just laugh readings kids talk about politicians based on what they read here.

If OBJ is Saraki godfather what is now the role of Atiku in this all. So you think OBJ will support saraki when it is obvious the man is ATIKU puppet.

Which Tinubu and OBJ is like oil and water, didn't OBJ work for Tinubu this last elections.

Some of you comment with emotions and not rational thinking.

When You type too much, sometimes it doesn't make sence
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by sunshine1974(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2015
Ur vote is just one oga, moreover tinubu will loose relevance b4 2019
NewNigeriaMind:
Only one thing is certain.

Hon. Gbaja is going to be the majority leader.

Dogara has no choice but to accept this, the error was not announcing his candidates before the NEC meeting. Any attempt to deviate from the party wishes will pitch him against the APC leadership and the Governors.

Now the question is, will Tinubu accept these position and that of chief whip in the senate for south west.

Now this is for all Yorubas.

Ithas become imperative for us to give Tinubu our loyalty, from all indications the man will not compropmise for selfish interest againt the Yoruba interest. I am particularly happy he did not attend the NEC meeting and also he has been quite since this crisis broke out.

For those saying he should publicly accept Saraki, I say you are on a long thing.

Tinubu as a matter of urgency should align with Obasanjo now more than ever, the battle for 2019 has started.

For Saraki, there are two options for him to realize his 2019 ambition:
1 Get APC AND PDP to make him candidates in 2019 ( I doubt if he can win APC primaries though, however with his romance with pdp he may win pdp primaries)

2 Decamp to PDP and continue is political vollage, the question is will the PDP accept him. However in all, he must win the Igbo and SS confidence. This should not be too diffuclt to do, all he has to prove is that he is anti-Yoruba. the SS and Igbo will vote him like they just did.

Finally Saraki is a Fulani man, the SW will not vote another Fulani man in 2019. I know it that apart from Buhari, Tinubu does not trust any other Fulani.

Now speaking for myself cause I hate making sweeping general statements.

I AM VOTING WHOEVER TINUBU SAY SW SHOULD VOTW IN 2019.

Thanks
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Change2015(m): 10:18am On Jul 05, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Ultimately thats what will happen. Tinubu is going to get his ministerial nominations and they will pass screening. Buhari knows who his candidates are and to balance the selections we see the President already appointing Northerners as DGs in various agencies in preparation to spread the power.

There is power in silence! Certain people are intimidated by Tinubu silence and they are trying to agitate him to talk so they can analyze his thoughts and read his mind. His silence opresses them.

Tinubu has not been silent, only Atiku. All the calumny in the press against Saraki was orchestrated by Tinubu. The lies told to the president that Saraki bought over the party chairman were from Tinubu. The fake meeting at the ICC on the morning of the Senate leadership elections was another ruse from Tinubu. Who else wanted his brother as oil minister and his wife as Senate majority leader? Who else sent Akande to release that embarrassing statement that managed to unite the north against his ambitions? Why else did gbeja fail in his bid to lead the house- because they saw the shadow of Tinubu over him. I really am disappointed that a man can be so greedy in this life and not expect repercussions. The apc is a national party and will not be controlled by any one man no matter how smart he thinks he is. Atiku has won this round, and Tinubu should realise that we will never have him as a presidential candidate. Especially not when he behaves in the manner we have seen in recent weeks. Avarice and ambition must have limits!

#change
#PMB
#APC
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 05, 2015
moufan:
I think it's high time south westerners and yorubas in general rally round tinubu cos it seems lots of people outside the south west hate him and will do anything to tarnish his image and discredit him.

Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by SegunAdewole: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

See you are all still pained Jonathan lost the elections.

Then the North can continue to rule the country, let see who complains first. The SS AND SE should forget ever ruling Nigeria BECAUSE THE hausa/Fulani will never vote the Igbo and the SS. If not OF OBASANJO IN 2011, can JONATHAN defeat Atiku on his own=NO

It is we the sophicated yorubas that will cry more if North decides to rule for 100years. I can bet their will be an Emirate in Osun within that time as many of our people will forcibly convert to lslam to survive politically. The Igbo man will either have gotten a referendum for Biafra by then because they will never convert to Islam. Igbo people na wah.
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Change2015(m): 11:05am On Jul 05, 2015
Xetima:
Please, why is it that South West are so obsessed about their people being in leadership position? What is special about Majority Leader or even Deputy Speaker or even Speaker? I still cannot find what the following people from SW did for South West. For example:

- OBJ was president for 8 years added to 3 years as Military Head of State. What did SW benefit from OBJ?
- Etteh was Speaker for sometime, what did she do for SW?
- Dimeji was Speaker for a term or so, where are the benefits or did he transform Ogun State?
- Mulikat Akande or whatever was Majority leader for 4 years, tell me what project was executed by her that is benefiting SW?

All the flyovers and bridges in Lagos were built by Yakubu Gowon and IBB, except for one or two built by Fashola. Even if Gbajabiamila becomes Speaker, what is he going to do? Impeach Buhari to become president or make Tinubu president? All these cries is never about Nigeria, but self and some 'fools' are killing themselves for nothing. An average SW thinks more of Oodua than Nigeria, then why do you still support this union?

You make an excellent point that people refuse to grasp. This so called battle is all about personal interest and ego and positioning for 2019. Dare I say no one has even talked about the people in all this time. However, the real politics is that since Tinubu has become so cantankerous, Saraki has no option but to align himself deeply with the President's agenda, to ensure he keeps the job. So the president gets what he wants even if he doesn't approve of the manner it was done. Senate salaries and allowances will be cut, and their budget eventually open to scrutiny. Tinubu has to deal with that and understand that he cannot bully the national party in the way he does to the south West apc. The crisis is over and he has shown too much ambition too early. The apc will never accept him as a presidential candidate!

#change
#PMB
#APC
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Change2015(m): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2015
SegunAdewole:

It is we the sophicated yorubas that will cry more if North decides to rule for 100years. I can bet their will be an Emirate in Osun within that time as many of our people will forcibly convert to lslam to survive politically. The Igbo man will either have gotten a referendum for Biafra by then because they will never convert to Islam. Igbo people na wah.

This makes no sense. No region can rule by itself. The north/south west alliance is the best for Nigeria and it cannot be allowed to fail because of one overbearing person. There are many yoruba in the apc who strongly oppose Tinubu because he prefers personal loyalty over party loyalty. He has prolonged this crisis unnecessarily and upset many people. Biafra will never come to be and there will never be a referendum. What you say about Osun state is rubbish. People are obviously afraid to tell Tinubu the truth, that national politics is not like the local league. There is no christian /Muslim antagonism, except only in your mind. Has either faith succeeded in stopping corruption in public or private business? Or promoted efficiency in delivery of services?

#change
#PMB
#APC
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by simeonii(m): 11:21am On Jul 05, 2015
AlPeter:

betrayed who? The SE\SS ? Do you even know the meaning of that word? Was there any arrangement with those guys in the first instance?

Same question ve always asked.... May be someone really need to define the word 'Betray' undecided

@simeonii_1
Re: Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader by Change2015(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2015
BLOTRS:

with the support of which other region? the power hungry north? or the SE/SS you betrayed? yorubas should forget ever ruling this country again

The only persons who betrayed the se/ss are the useless money grubbing thieves who gladly surrounded the most incompetent president we have ever had in Jonathan. What did he achieve in the se/ss? Apart from settling every idiot 'militant' who made enough noise. We have seen what a mess weak leadership can be and the country for all the wealth that came in with high oil revenues has nothing to show for it, not even in savings. The alliance of North and south west will be much better for the whole country. The election result was a rejection of the very idea you propose, so give it a rest already.

#change
#PMB
#APC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Zakzaky Protesters At Unity Fountain, Abuja (Photos) / 4,500 APC, GPN Members Defect To NNPP In Bauchi / Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.