Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours (24504 Views)

How I Was Saved From Ritualists After Entering 'One Chance' In Lagos -Lady. PIC / "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) / Face Of One Chance Robber In Lagos Who Steals ATM From Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by sanandreas(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
angrysecurity of lives and properties
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by pretydiva(f): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Just here 2 read and learn
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Mariecakes(f): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Sorry oo...
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Coldfaya(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
One chance
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Beremx(f): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mogidi:
My only experience with one chance is with #babaonechance, don't know if that counts.

Anyway @OP, thank God you survived yours, pray we survive ours as well.
Stop making senseless posts. You think an experience in a "one chance" bus is a joke?

smh

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by DTOBS(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
ThankGod for sparring your life ooooo.... Next time be careful ooooooo
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Mogidi: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Beremx:
Stop making senseless posts. You think an experience in a "one chance" bus is a joke?

smh

You're one of the proponents of the #onechancebus Nigeria finds itself in.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by dbaptist1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Its well
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by SynecticsLAB1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thank God for life...
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by iamyet: 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
Na wa
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Lanceslot(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
Crazy and funny @ same time. You are lucky that they are hungry one chance not the ones hunting for human parts. Be very careful when entering a bus next time.
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by izutex007(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
@ op thkGod u survived it. God wl kip us all from dem In Jesus name.

For the 'bad guyts', may dey all b exposed in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Beremx(f): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mogidi:

You're one of the proponents of the #onechancebus Nigeria finds itself in.
very dry joke!

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by tonimenia: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
All i can say, is that, always be very careful,

when you are moving from Mile2 to Badagry

or from Mile2 through Cele Bus-stop to Oshodi.

Meanwhile,

Just Rush Now & Get Your Own 100

Hottest Business Opportunities,

Free Financial Assistance And Latest

Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000

Other Nigerians Who Are Already

Millionaires With These Immediately

Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Mogidi: 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
Beremx:
very dry joke!

It might be a dry joke to you, to the unemployed and the economy, its an expensive joke.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by tellwisdom: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
Guy, so you allowed them eat your suya turkey, your money plus ATMs and you left them??

When next you go buy another suya make I wait for you?? sad
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Lagunalic: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
If not for your own foolishness,you would boarded a taxi at that late hour.
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Lanceslot(m): 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:
Chai. I've never met those ones in the bus. They came to ask for directions a few times, they will now be like I'm from Cotonou blaah blah. I no dey answer anybody for road again sef since I started hearing stories. If you like be stranded and dying, I go just nod my head left and right. Na only 1 life person get abeg.

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Those that asks for direction are Fraudsters not "one chance" I've had a bone chilling encounter with them.
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
i hop u reported to d police...... i tank God for ur life
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
My experience with one chance?....I had just gotten the salary from the bank...and then I hopped into a taxi with four other people,...because I had to get somewhere quick. Three minutes later.....we were suddenly chased by another taxi.....and the driver of the taxi I was in stopped and let me out and drove off in a hurry. The other taxi chasing them turned out to have three members of the NURTW...and the taxi i was in was one chance.

Yes...I did not lose anything, thank God. I caught another taxi...this time legit...to my destination.

My mum's own.....she stepped out of the bank....and one nice white taxi drove up to her, and the kind driver opened the door even.

And my mum was like...So, una think say dem born me yesterday?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by lengraaam07o: 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by coleon(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
LamLam15:
My experience in the hands of the dreaded men of the highway popularly known as “one chance” is not one to be forgotten so soon.
It is important for us to share our experiences so others can learn from them and see caution in other for them not to fall prey of one.

My experience goes thus:

It was on a Tuesday evening on my way back from work around 10:30pm. I had stopped over at a friend’s place that normally helps me in buying meat from his customers around Onipan; they sell good ones at very reasonable prices. I quickly rushed down to his house, picked up the meat, pay him for it and head straight back to Onipan bus-stop to board a bus going towards Ketu-Ojota as I stay around Ogudu.

On getting to Onipan bus-stop, in front of the police station beside Forte Oil filling station, I met about five other guys waiting to board a bus as well and the entire highway looks deserted with few vehicles going to and fro. As at that time, whatsapp messages kept on coming in from my wife saying it was too late for me to be outside at that time since I didn’t go out in my car. The chat went on and on….the only thing on my mind was to see a bus very fast going towards my route so I can go home to my family.

After a short while of waiting, here comes a neat well painted (Lagos Commercial bus colored) Volks-Wagen bus with a usual aggressive “conductor” shouting “ketu-Ojota-Mile 12….. N100 ketu-ojota”!! Only two of us ran to the bus with the rest still waiting at the bus-stop. I never sensed foul play as my mind was only fixed with one thing; home. After shouting for a while calling passengers, the driver moved to the next bus-stop called “Aladiye” still at Onipan. A very close friend was standing there busy pressing his phone, waiting for a bus when the bus parked by his side with the conductor repeating his lines “Ketu-Ojota-Mile 12…….N100.00 Ketu-Ojota”. He (My friend) felt reluctant at first; maybe for the fear of too many guys in the bus. Then I called him….”wale (not real name), wale”. He then responded “guy…how far now? You just dey go home?” then I replied “yes o my Brother. Na wetin man go chop cause am o”. So I told the bus conductor to stand up from my side and allow my friend sit beside me, he quickly objected as there was only one person in the back sit. Wale seeing me in the bus felt at peace and hopped in to the back sit. The conversation then continued with blutooth. Wale then said “Ore, why didn’t you go to work in your car”? “Omo with the traffic around Apapa these days, I go on public transport. I only take my car on Fridays…you know as e dey go now?” I replied. The bus had gotten to another bus-stop called “Church”. A Bros I know also entered the bus. I dodged for him; never wanted him to see me cos he is always in need begging for money. And I mean always.

The driver then moved on to Palm-groove bus-stop. With no passenger at the bus-stop, he drove on. Then the conductor started asking for money. I dug my hand into my front pocket, brought out N500.00 and paid for two; myself and my friend. While waiting for my N300.00 balance and at the same time in deep thought of my family, they declared thus “Hey everybody, you have entered one chance….respect yourself…” I rose up my head to this amazement of whether these “crazy bastards” still exist or they are only joking. The guy sitting beside me started struggling with them when one of the “one chance” guys sitting in the extreme end on the same sit started hitting him hard on the head with a big stone and the guys on the sit behind us hit him with knuckles and gun butt in a bid to calm him down. They hit him on the head until blood started gushing out of it.

I then raised my hands, with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in my hand and my BB in one of my front pockets. One of the two guys sitting beside the driver collected the Note 4 from me. Then they stopped bordering me as they focused on other victims. Deep down, I was happy as I still had my BB with my N21k in my pocket. At the time, my friend Wale who is obviously taller and relatively huge was their center of focus. The craziest one among them sitting right behind me holding a gun; pointed the gun at Wale; ordering him to surrender all he has to him. While reluctantly bringing t out, the “Crazy” gave him a heavy blow on his lips and threatened to shoot him. “Abi were nie ni…moni ko fun mi ni owo apo e. olo fe ma s’agidi. E be like sey I go shoot one person for leg so una go know sey we no dey joke o” he said as he released a shot in the air. Then Wale started begging; released all the money plus ATM in his pocket to one of them. “How much dey there?” said the “Crazy”. “N50k” said Wale. Then they asked how much the guy sitting beside me has in his pocket, he brought out N350.00, N2k Nokia phone and 2ATM cards. They asked how much he has in his ATM when the guy replied “N3k”. The crazy now said angrily “so na because of N350, N2k Nokia phone and N3k in your account you wan kill yourself? No dey try am again o. we go just kill you comot; nobody fit hold us”.

At this time we were already in Gbagada cos instead of going straight, they made a turn beside Batola Machine Tools Company, Anthony and headed towards Gbagada via Charley Boy before making a turn on the bridge facing Anthony-Oshodi again. I was nursing the ambition of going home with my BB and N21k in my pocket when one of them dug his hand in my pocket and took them. He then said “wetin be this (showing me my BB)? Sebi you say u don give us everything. You even get money” “haa….i no know say the phone even dey there. I think say I don drop everything o……na a your own, take am naa.” I said. Meanwhile, I had my ATM and another N2k with some change in my back pocket.
They then forced others to release whatever they had on them while pointing guns to Wale to release his ATM PIN to them. He quickly gave them a fake PIN. Not satisfied, they insisted he must follow them to an ATM machine where he will make a withdrawal for them. He then pleaded that he had withdrawn everything in his account which they already collected.

They later dropped us along the road in a flower garden very close to Anthony after UPS office, Gbagada. I then took a cab home with my friend Wale. On getting home, I narrated my ordeal to my wife who said she’s been calling my line to no avail. I then remembered I bought a Chicken Suya….”oh one of then eating it in the bus” I realized.

It was really an awful experience as they were so mean and ready to kill anyone found not cooperating.

I urge the Lagos state government to rise up to its primary responsibility of protecting the life and property of every Lagosian by working closely with security operatives in tracking these dreaded and heartless men down before it is too late.
Kindly share your “One Chance” experience if you have any so others can learn. If you don’t, kindly follow so as to learn from people’s experiences.

Please ignore errors and omissions as this was posted without cross reading.

God Bless Nigeria.

Lalasticlala please help move this to front page for better audience
Eehya very funny and pathetic story. I don't know what d government can do to flush put these beasts.
They rob maim and kill but God will surely catch them one day.
Take care bruv.
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by 247notire(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
A friend's own story. He boarded a bus one afternoon in a park. Cnt rmbr whr he was going to. Then the passenger beside him bought two sachets of water from a boy hawking it, took one and offered my frnd the other one. He naively collected it and drank it, the whole thing. After abt 20 mins he began to feel dizzy and before he knew it he had blacked out in the bus. Other passengers meanwhile thought he was asleep. The crooks waited till he was the only one left in the bus. Took away both of his phones and 30k on him. He was rudely woken up when they got to a deserted road, and ushered down and out of the bus as he was still dizzy. He walked down for a mile or so, met a man on the road and collapsed into his arms. He spent a week in the hospital after the unfortunate incident. He learnt his lesson.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by LilSmith55(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mehn... Thank God its only your Phones and Money were taken... When there is still Life, You can own a Phone Company...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by marldean(m): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
Wow well I guess 'one chance' is a bad thing
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Mznaett: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hmm
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by xkris11(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mine was a testimony, happened 4 yes ago.
I wanted to send some document through dhl,on getting there I realise I wasn't with enough money so I need to visit the nearest bank at under bridge,along Abeokuta express road coming from Ikeja along bus top,so I entered this bus heading towards under bridge with some guy sitted at the back,I was in a hurry to get to the bank,I was having like 18k in my back pocket.

On getting to under bridge,I didn't know my money was gone,came down from the bus and I was called back by one of those boys at the back sit and handed back my money to me,i was so surprise how i didnt notice my money fell from me,i thanked him and they drove away.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by Missmossy(f): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ewww such a horrific experience, thank God your life was spared.
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by ceejay80s(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Was a victim in 2005 and January 2015, it was really scary, they collected my sagem my x7 in 2005 and cllected my nokia n96 and blackberry 9850 torch3 in January 2015,
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by chemmerfrank(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:
Chai. I've never met those ones in the bus. They came to ask for directions a few times, they will now be like I'm from Cotonou blaah blah. I no dey answer anybody for road again sef since I started hearing stories. If you like be stranded and dying, I go just nod my head left and right. Na only 1 life person get abeg.

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
pray your not in need one day.. Cause karma is a b!tch

1 Like

Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
And I wonder why people always praise this slum called Lagos. Abuja rocks man!
Re: My Experience With "One Chance". Share Yours by udysweet(f): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
Oga o@op,sorry abt ur loss.God will replenish you manifold. Never experienced dos pple, don't pray ever to,frm all stories hav ben hearing its beta imagined than experienced.

Ps: pls check my signature*winks*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Steals Ambode’s ‘light Up Lagos’ Project Cable (photo) / IEDC staff electrocuted at ijegun, ikotun Lagos (Photos) / Man Bathes Girlfriend With Acid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.