Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) (98553 Views)

Dangote, Femi Otedola, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu Hang Out Together / Photos: Billionaire Femi Otedola Kisses His Mother On The Lips During Visit / Throwback Photo Of Billionaire Femi Otedola And His Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2015

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Kazrem(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
That's one of the miseries of life: you "form" before making it and after making it, you see no need for it. Meanwhile, the truth is that you need that big phone, (within your size of your income ooo) now that you have not made it more than when you make it because no serious person will do business with an unknown guy using 3310 as a communication gadget. But after making it, you need it less because you are known to have the capacity to purchase an expensive phone.

2 Likes

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
andyanders:
Only poor guys show off their phones when they are nothing but claim to be someone. You see P Square and their likes buy snickers, phones and other things, they go on air an social median to announce and display them.They buy cars, they show off them off.Nonsense.

Real millionaires don't show off those material things.

What do you mean real millionaires?
I thought "million" is conventional?

Besides , face it those guys aren't poor, not just psquare but the likes of wizkid, olamide ,davido and the rest..

The fact that they are not as rich as otedola doesn't make them "poor"
Or doesn't restrict them from showing off their wealth

Its like saying otedola is broke because he isn't in anyway close to zuckerberg or even richard branson.....i mean .....otedola isn't a billionaire yet by forbes calculation (in dollars)(he's about 900million)

And yes he has a yatch (well he bought it for his wife) while warren buffett has none but is x50 richer. it doesn't make otedola a show off or a broke man

2 Likes

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Orikinla(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
What really matters is not the price of your phone, but the value of what it does for you.

1 Like

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by miquelon(m): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
MAJOLAUTOS:

Are you aware of blackberry OpenSSL FREAK vulnerability that downgrades your SSL encryption cipher-suites to a weak one that can be exploited?

Sorry if I came off a bit too technical there. It just goes to show that Blackberry is not as secure as you think. The above mentioned is just one of the potential vulnerabilities that can impact your BBM security mechanisms.

Yh but Bb stays on top of it, considering security is what they are known for. There's a fix for it, plus if you are connected to an enterprise server, you SHOULD have added layers of firewall. (not too technically versed)
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by crisycent: 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
Don't be fooled. Does he have a Facebook or Twitter account? He first take selfie abi? The fact that you are unable to afford a good phone doesn't make you prudent. Those that don't use good phones can't afford it.

1 Like

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by currency10(m): 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
kayo80:
I remember there was a time Kanye West wasn't even using a phone...he communicated only via emails. The thing is, thousandnaires and even millionaires wanna prove to people around them that they are rich, but when you reach that billionaire status...when you rich that billy gates status...gosh! It is an entirely different feeling. Even Jay Z is still struggling to get to that billion dollar mark...you can see the difference between a Mark Zuckerberg and a Jay Z. Jay Z can make noise about his million dollar Bugatti all year, but Mark would ride to his office in a bicycle but can buy all jay's entire business empire and there won't be a single dent in his netwoth.
Lol... Na WA O.

1 Like

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
Don't be surprised they are customised and worth millions. grin
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by EddyTeddy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
lalasticlala:
What's your take?
Na lie, i nor sure say na den get am (phones)
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by gottliebglobal(m): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
Those seems like the AC remote control and not phones.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by callonme(m): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
It's a personal decision

I'm still working hard on my award-winning blog.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Intendy: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
I said it before, you use big cars and big phones doesn't 'tag' you rich. empty barrel makes a hell of noise.

small phone with billions of naira control.

This are people who knows the value of their money and how to maintain it. You can't see them driving Lamborghini and that's why they will forever remain rich cool
that's the way it should be.but he has a tablet for fun.but his business is calling to order and receive.I still use my Nokia 1200 as my main phone,and my Andy for all this
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by agarawu23(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
Intendy:

that's the way it should be.but he has a tablet for fun.but his business is calling to order and receive.I still use my Nokia 1200 as my main phone,and my Andy for all this
na so bro
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Kessythegeek(m): 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
I reedited it

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by JurassicPark: 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
Different strokes for different folks

It is all about choice

There is no one method of living

Go with whatever floats your boat
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Besto(m): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
kayo80:
I remember there was a time Kanye West wasn't even using a phone...he communicated only via emails. The thing is, thousandnaires and even millionaires wanna prove to people around them that they are rich, but when you reach that billionaire status...when you rich that billy gates status...gosh! It is an entirely different feeling. Even Jay Z is still struggling to get to that billion dollar mark...you can see the difference between a Mark Zuckerberg and a Jay Z. Jay Z can make noise about his million dollar Bugatti all year, but Mark would ride to his office in a bicycle but can buy all jay's entire business empire and there won't be a single dent in his netwoth.

do u know what you saying
jay z struggling to get billion dollars
when apparently he z richer than kanye u r calling a billionaire.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by kayo80(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
Besto:

do u know what you saying
jay z struggling to get billion dollars
when apparently he z richer than kanye u r calling a billionaire.

I didn't call kanye a billionaire; i called mark zuckerberg a billionaire. I only used kanye in the beginning of my analogy as a rich person who doesn't really flash his wealth. And yes, jay z is struggling to get to the billionaire mark...he has been hovering around half a billion for 10yrs now.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Kizyte(m): 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
I said it before, you use big cars and big phones doesn't 'tag' you rich. empty barrel makes a hell of noise.

small phone with billions of naira control.

This are people who knows the value of their money and how to maintain it. You can't see them driving Lamborghini and that's why they will forever remain rich cool
He's is an old school Billionaire
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Baroba(m): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
And reasonable man or woman understands phones are not assets..
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by nortcentrallord(m): 12:02am On Jul 05, 2015
redcliff:

Lol. Only if you knew better...

Submission in defeat. cheesy cheesy cheesy. I know every bro. Your game is stale. Niga, wake up. @ 22 I had made my 1st million. U almost 22 and u still wearing a fake gold with some 3digit bank acct? Demn! Am nt proud but u shouldn't form what u ain't "nicur". cheesy

Sorry if I broke ur balls a lill bit but what can I say? wink
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by redcliff: 12:10am On Jul 05, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Submission in defeat. cheesy cheesy cheesy. I know every bro. Your game is stale. Niga, wake up. @ 22 I had made my 1st million. U almost 22 and u still wearing a fake gold with some 3digit bank acct? Demn! Am nt proud but u shouldn't form what u ain't "nicur". cheesy

Sorry if I broke ur balls a lill bit but what can I say? wink

Like i said if only you knew better..making your first million at 22 does not make you a millionaire. your 1m is less than 5kchf and you are bragging about it. What has the one million done in your life and how have you used it in such a manner that ýour 1m then is still relevant now? You keep castigating my wrist watch, its just a picture so you would never know if its fake or not.. You broke no balls.. you only displayed your folly. Good night.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by goodgate: 12:19am On Jul 05, 2015
callmenow:
Otedola is a Luddite. Smart phones makes for a smart future. He does not get it. He is a billionaire because of the oil subsidy scam. However, he is going down. Checkout dangote and Adenuga phones. The difference is clear.
Baba hold it there!! Otedola had been a billionaire before the subsidy issue came up now, besides Dangote and Adenuga are two very simple guys, in a way that 'll shock you. Dangote goes in 2 prado SUVs without the security vans,Mike Adenuga also uses old nokia phones,although he goes about in bullet proofed vehicles, but for their status they are ver simple.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by MrBasketball: 12:31am On Jul 05, 2015
og2711:

Guy try to reason nauu..

Do you think that Mark Zuckerberg who can buy Otedola's whole family is not using a top end phone? Otedola is using this because he is probably not too tech savvy.

Do you know any poor man that owns a Lamborghini?!!

Some folks dull, Allah!
Guy you reason well... You know when they are too hungry of FTC, they won't reason well before commenting.

1 Like

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by islandmoon: 1:07am On Jul 05, 2015
some people don't understand why he's using such fones, no need for privacy setting and can not be hacked! it is more secure , no gps tracking and other spying enhancing stuff! he can do his secret deal and worry less about DSS/NIA, CIA, FBI, ETC
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Sagamite(m): 1:23am On Jul 05, 2015
lalasticlala:
What's your take?

That is basically me.

I know who I am, I don't need to show of by spending or popping champagne like many Nigerian mugus.

1 Like

Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by trapQ: 2:18am On Jul 05, 2015
its not his fault. we billionaires don't like big phones
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 05, 2015
Because you feel intimidated by those who use big phones, once you see a confirmed rich dude using small phone it becomes news. Make i hear word jare! You think he doesn't have a smartphone to check his email on the go? Or check stock price or view attachments while in a plane? Or Skype with his managers?
Naija how una de think sef?
Who even tell una say the phones na him get am? His iPhone 6 may be in his pocket.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 05, 2015
He spends on other stuffs... yachts, private jet etc... it all depends on individual priorities.

What's the use of having money if you don't want to spend it...

Divide your money into proportions... invest some, save some, give some to charity and spend others.. IMO
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by MadCow1: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2015
msmon:
Listen, a rich man can always use anything. In fact, he can use Nokia 3310 in public, it doesn't matter because his real worth is very obvious.

What do think, most of this so called big phone can't last long on call and they're also very vulnerable.

Gbagbe, I no get money, make I still no get package... I'm neither Otedola nor Dangote.

I hope you know those phones cost more than 2 blackberry porshe.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by MadCow1: 8:20am On Jul 05, 2015
MyTime3:
He spends on other stuffs... yachts, private jet etc... it all depends on individual priorities.

What's the use of having money if you don't want to spend it...

Divide your money into proportions... invest some, save some, give some to charity and spend others.. IMO

The combined value of those two phones are over 1 million naira.

Don't be deceived..
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 05, 2015
That shitt is a portable Hbp device. It aint no mobile phone.
Re: The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) by nortcentrallord(m): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2015
redcliff:

Like i said if only you knew better..making your first million at 22 does not make you a millionaire. your 1m is less than 5kchf and you are bragging about it. What has the one million done in your life and how have you used it in such a manner that ýour 1m then is still relevant now? You keep castigating my wrist watch, its just a picture so you would never know if its fake or not.. You broke no balls.. you only displayed your folly. Good night.

Hahahahahaha, need I tell u more? Even @ a distance, I can spot the fake. If I made my first mill @ 22 then by now u should know am miles away. Niga, u need to be self made. grin. Forget about all the side attraction. Back to what brought us here. There is certain stage you reach financially and resource wise and some certain things just don't tickle your fancy anymore. Am not rich bro, but am wealthy and I bless God. Nice day. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

9 Silent Nigerian Billionaires Who Keep Their Wealth On A Low Key(photos) / What Is The Difference Between Tier 1, Tier 2 And Tier 3 / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.