Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina (664 Views)

Buhari Leaves For S-africa Today To Discuss With China’s President / I Did Not Discuss Jonathan With Buhari Says Anyaoku / I Did Not Discuss Jonathan With Buhari, Says Anyaoku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by SEYILIGHT(m): 6:12am On Jul 05, 2015
FG’ll Not Discuss With B’Haram From Weak Position — Adesina

By Mohammed Abubakar, Abuja

WHILE re-iterating its desire to enter into any possible negotiation with Boko Haram group to end the ongoing insurgency in the Northeast, the federal government has re-stated that it would not discuss with the terrorist group from the position of weakness.

The government’s apparent change of position might have been a reaction to renewed onslaught by the members of the group in towns and villages in Borno State in recent weeks, leading to the loss of hundreds of lives in their wake.

Stating the government’s position in an interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation ( BBC) on Friday, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina had re-iterated that while the Federal Government was not ruling out negotiations with the sect if it would put an end to the activities of the group. He lamented that the insurgents had attacked so many villages and killed scores of people.

Adesina had told the BBC that the federal government was considering negotiations with the insurgent group? He said, “If they are willing, why not? You know attempts have been made for negotiations in the past and they didn’t work. Every reasonable person would want to see the end to this insurgency. So if they are willing, why not? You can’t rule that out.”

Providing further clarification on the government’s position in a statement yesterday Adesina said, “Most wars, however furious or vicious, often end around the negotiation table. So, if Boko Haram opts for negotiation, the government will not be averse to it. Government will, however, not be negotiating from a position of weakness, but that of strength.”

However, he expressed confidence that the machinery put in place, and which would soon be set in motion soon, could devastate and decapitate insurgency. It is multinational in nature, and relief is on the way for Nigeria and her neighbours.

His words, “President Muhammadu Buhari is resolute. He has battled and won insurgency before, he is poised to win again. It is a promise he made to Nigerians, and he is a promise keeper. But I say again, if the insurgents want to negotiate, no decent government will be averse to such. Didn’t the Taliban and Americans also negotiate in Afghanistan?”

When asked whether this would work, Adesina replied, “This is going to work. There are machineries being put in place. It’s going to work. The recent killings by the sect were meant to break our resolve, to weaken it, but that will stop. It remains a priority to him (Buhari) to deal with the group.

www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/fgll-not-discuss-with-bharam-from-weak-position-adesina/
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by bigiyaro(m): 6:14am On Jul 05, 2015
any discusion atall, has already betray FG's weakness.
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by Lattop(m): 6:15am On Jul 05, 2015
Noted

Enough space

For book contact me

Stay Blessed
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 05, 2015
BokoHaram has since shown they're not interested in negotiation
they should all be wiped out simple
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by modath(f): 6:20am On Jul 05, 2015
The value
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 05, 2015
This government is really beginning to piss me off, all these double mouths baffles me
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by ziccoit: 6:21am On Jul 05, 2015
I don't think those barbaric set of people will even want to negotiate with the government. The way they go about killing people even put doubt to whether they even have blood running in their veins like you and I.
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by Imortal001: 6:23am On Jul 05, 2015
What more can i say! all we want is peace in the land!
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by Shortyy(f): 6:25am On Jul 05, 2015
una no dey sleep
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by biznus: 6:52am On Jul 05, 2015
Shortyy:
una no dey sleep
sleep tire person
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:53am On Jul 05, 2015
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by SEYILIGHT(m): 6:53am On Jul 05, 2015
Shortyy:
una no dey sleep
Na devil's work.
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:56am On Jul 05, 2015
Phantomstranger:
This government is really beginning to piss me off, all these double mouths baffles me

panic not bro.. It's the media that is dissecting what the govenment says. I didnt waste my time to read the news cause i knew it was media dissection of talks..

Believe me! Its the media.!!

Z.R
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by vedaxcool(m): 6:56am On Jul 05, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
BokoHaram has since shown they're not interested in negotiation

they should all be wiped out simple

Gbam i don't think negotiations should even be offered talk more negotiating.
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by SEYILIGHT(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2015
LalasticIala, Ishilove
Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by Vicadonis(m): 7:11am On Jul 05, 2015
All this one Na English. We know sey una won give boko haram amnesty...

1 Like

Re: Fg’ll Not Discuss With B’haram From Weak Position — Adesina by Armaggedon: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2015
buhari is a terrorist

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Chaos In Osogbo As Thugs Disrupt Protest Against Aregbesola / Kudos To President Muhammadu Buhari For The Sack Of The National Security Advise / Photo: Man Arrested With 47 Kegs Of Petrol In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.