Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe (52683 Views)

Elderly Woman Accused Of Witchcraft Is Beaten Mercilessly & Stoned (video) / Church Members Attack Elderly Woman In Lagos, Accuse Her Of Being A Witch (Pics) / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by gentl(m): 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
So why judge him...are you his creator ?
starlingslimnet:
And Christ said "Do not Let your right hand know what your left hand is doing" If you do you have receive your reward. Again he said "Do not seek to receive glory from one another"

T.B Joshua is Satanic.... he can do whatever he wish only he should not call himself a man of God cause he is not.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
gentl:
So why judge him...are you his creator ?
Kindly underline the word of judgment in my post or forever hold your peace
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by ayd91(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
He's a good actor and business man.

If only there were more "actors and business men" like him. wink

1 Like

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by richidinho(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
Brown47:

to give tithe you must anounce and mention it?

This is nonsense

Sharrap

The pastor did not force her to announced it......it was out of happiness she did that, mind you she is not even a member of the Church
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by butanep(m): 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And Christ said "Do not Let your right hand know what your left hand is doing" If you do you have receive your reward. Again he said "Do not seek to receive glory from one another"

T.B Joshua is Satanic.... he can do whatever he wish only he should not call himself a man of God cause he is not.
Calm dowm & keep quiet there...

Who are you to judge? You mortal man want to judge your fellow mortal being...

Let God in heaven judge him before you inflict cause into your life & generation...

Never you judge a man of God... whether is is Godly or not...
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by UTEWUOJO: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
I respect dis man's opinion, todays pastors are damn hugry dat dey tell u dat u are robbing God by nt paying ur tithe, bring quality offering etc
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by vigasimple(m): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
SuperMaq:
My response is not to the Man of God , but to the respondents here.

The tithe is not giving to a man, as it were, but to God. There is a difference between offerings, gifts, and the tithe. The tithe is not yours but God's and must be paid. A gift can be rejected, offerings and tithes should never be rejected because they are direct instructions fro, God to His children.

Your point actually make sense.

However, the larger picture the Pastor is trying to paint was that the woman in question is a widow and retired. She needed all the money she can get for her old age.(in my own opinion)

It may even be possible that the 500k is more than 10% of her pension money. She feel obligated since she wasn't hoping to ever get any money from the pension board.

The tithe and/offering thing is a matter of the heart and God will surely bless the woman more if she had offered the money from her heart whether or not the church receives it.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Goodnuel: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
SuperMaq:

The tithe is not giving to a man, as it were, but to God. There is a difference between offerings, gifts, and the tithe. The tithe is not yours but God's and must be paid. A gift can be rejected, offerings and tithes should never be rejected because they are direct instructions fro, God to His children.
My thought exactly... Is he allowed to reject or accept an offering to God??.

9ja sha.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by vigasimple(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
SuperMaq:

Your point actually make sense.

The larger picture the Pastor is trying to paint was that the woman in question is a widow and retired. She needed all the money she can get for her old age.(in my own opinion)

It may even be possible that the 500k is more than 10% of her pension money. She feel obligated since she wasn't hoping to ever get any money from the pension board.

The tithe and/offering thing is a matter of the heart and God will surely bless the woman more if she had offered the money from her heart whether or not the church receives it.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by adajiemma: 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Real man of God
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by WINDSOW(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Brother 'Holier than thou', Good pm ooooo
Na u Holy pass.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
butanep:
Calm dowm & keep quiet there...

Who are you to judge? You mortal man want to judge your fellow mortal being...

Let God in heaven judge him before you inflict cause into your life & generation...

Never you judge a man of God... whether is is Godly or not...
Underline my words of judgment or keep quiet in your shame.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by FregeneB(m): 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
LIES LIES LIES...BULLSHIT. USELESS MAN THAT CALLS HIMSELF A MAN OF GOD. THIS MAN SHOULD BE A DIRECTOR IN NOLLYWOOD.

HOW ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE HE KEEPS GIVING 5000, 10000, 20000 RESPECTIVELY TO GO AND SPEAK WELL OF HIM AT THE COURT?

I AM SURE HE GAVE THE WOMAN THE MONEY AND ASKED THE WOMAN TO COME AND PRESENT IT TO HIM AND HE WOULD RETURN IT BACK TO THE WOMAN AS A GOODWILL SO THAT COURT CAN CLEAR HIM OF THE BLOOD IN HIS HANDS.

WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING..

IF THE COURT CLEARS YOU TB JOSHUA...HEAVEN WOULD NEVER CLEAR YOU. I CAN NOT IMAGINE THAT RESPECTABLE MEN GO TO THAT SHRINE OF A SANCTUARY TO WORSHIP!

ennyhola:
T.B. Joshua, perhaps Nigeria’s most
unconventional cleric, posted a heart-warming
story on his official Facebook Page about an
elderly lady who came to his church with an
unusual gift.
A retired teacher named Caroline Orugude had
come to The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations
(SCOAN) in Lagos, Nigeria to share a curious
testimony.
After retiring from her job in June, 2012,
Caroline was forced to wait almost two years
for the gratuity that she was supposed to
receive. “There was nothing much we could do
except pray because the pension system is so
unreliable,” she narrated to the congregation.
After visiting various churches for prayer
without any visible change, she was
introduced to Emmanuel TV, the popular
Christian television station broadcasting the
activities at The SCOAN, and began praying
along with T.B. Joshua.
Within two weeks, she received a call from the
treasury, asking her to go to Abuja to collect
her pension money. “I decided that when I got
the money, I would come to The SCOAN to
appreciate the Lord,” she joyfully said. “I am
here with the small sum of 500,000 naira, to
give to the man of God and The SCOAN, as my
tithe.”
It was an unexpected declaration but the
response of Joshua was equally surprising as
he insisted he could not collect the gift.
“Yes, it is written in the Bible that we should
pay tithe but how can we collect tithe from
widows and the aged who are supposed to be
under our care,” he questioned the
congregation.
“Remember, she has stopped working. She
needs our care for the rest of her life. These
are the women we should be feeding and
taking care of. She is our mother; she is my
mother too.”
The cleric, who is well known for his
philanthropic gestures, then announced that
instead of taking Mrs. Orugude’s tithe, he
would support her with an additional 500,000
naira.
“When God calls a man or woman, what they
will eat, what they will use and everything they
need for their journey will be provided
abundantly by God,” T.B. Joshua then
explained, noting the attributes of genuine
ministers of God.
“When a minister begins to depend on tithes,
you know he is not a minister of God,” he
added. “This is a message to ministers of God
all over the world. When we collect tithes, we
should know those whom we collect them
from. Don’t force anybody – it is between
them and God. Let us worship the Giver of
money, not money,” he concluded.
The post on Joshua’s Facebook page,
followed by 1.5 million people, ended with a
poignant question. “Where are your elderly?
Care for them and you shall reach old age.”
A video recently surfaced of Joshua refusing a
$1,000 offering from a Swiss lady who
received healing during his crusade in
Colombia. Several weeks ago, he spoke
scathingly of ‘money-hungry’ pastors,
insisting that ministers of God should not
force members to give offerings or tithes as it
was a thing of the heart.

SOURCE: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/letter-to-the-editor/176233-t-b-joshua-returns-elderly-womans-half-a-million-naira-tithe176233.html
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
WINDSOW:
Brother 'Holier than thou', Good pm ooooo
Na u Holy pass.
Good pm....Why the sarcasm na......Speaking of Holiness all christains are Holy and blameless before God not because of work not because of Christ. Nice car@ur dp.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by bigiyaro(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
He's a good actor and business man.
i belive oyedepo is d best.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by nwakaibeya1: 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
DO HUMAN BEIGNS REALLY LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH?::::: authority has come back to the earth,BEHOLD we are not begging human beigns to accept our truth and revelation and that is why we have told them,this is power as of old , that go and sin no more power of REAL Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns , so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us?dont forget this that many are pretenders INFACT THEY are pretenders who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his , pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the HIDDEN mystery OF HUMANBEIGNS ?you that think that you are wise?many human beigns like to stand at the gate of heaven ,enter they will never enter ,also allow others to enter they will never allow others to enter so you must think humanbeigns:we are speaking by the power that is unbelievable to human beigns *this is typical of all our truth and revelation and explanations about the night people ,the rich people and evil marine and occult world and those whom human beings believe in them so much that they were called by God or where made rich by God who are in existence today as being powerful and others as the descendants of the prophets and priests referred to here in the bible @#### Jeremiah 5,25, Your wrongdoings have kept God away;your sins have deprived you of good and peace and night sleep.26 “Among my people are the wicked,who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch people.27 Like cages full of birds,their houses are full of deceit;they have become rich and powerful,28 and have grown fat and sleek.Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not seek Gods justice and secular.They do not promote the case of the fatherless;they do not defend the just cause of the poor even when they do its for their own selfish reason unknowingly to the those benefiting from them?.29 Should I not punish them for this?”declares the Lord.“Should I not avenge myself.on such a nation as this?30 “A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land,31 The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority,and my people love it this way.But what will you do in the end?is it not those we call CHAMELEONS Let this phrase as follows sink in you and we repeat that we keep telling you human beigns about them that are being referred to in those passages by God himself hence judgement has come again or cant you see the judgment is all over the place even though the worst judgement is happening spiritually now but because those being judged are pretenders we repeat who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the mystery ?you that think that you are wise?this is words of authority and power from real Jesus CHRIST, that we declare and they are spirits,who can battle with the God of justice,he that made the spiritual laws?we are not begging human beigns to accept the truth and thats why we have told them this is power as of Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us BUT AS USUAL ONLY TIME WILL TELL WHO IS GENUINE OR NOT?DO NOT SAY YOU WHERE NOT TOLD THAT KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME AND JUDGEMENT HAS COME BACK TO THE EARTH:YOU ARE PERMITTED TO INVESTIGATE BUT HOW WOULD YOU INVESTIGATE WHEN YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY BLIND?JEREMIAH 5,21-22
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by mooa404(m): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
madridguy:
Most generous man of God in Nigeria.
Long life TB Joshua.

Its Amen plenty
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by jimmayoy: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
ojimbo:
how did he know that it was the woman that paid the tithe or was he at the offering pot checking on how much every member is dropping or is he trying to buy recognition? Nigerians are becoming more foolish as day goes on

Oga next time before u reply to a post make sure u read it very well.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by iamauxin(m): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
The proper thing would have been to allow her give the tithe and then give her whatever he wants to give her...it's not really cool to reject the tithe..
The tithe serves as a door opener...my thoughts though.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by david4comfort: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:

.nobody is too old before God.a 200 year old woman in d sight of God is a baby.God told d woman in Malachi 3 dat u shuld bring ur tithe,prophet tb Joshua said they will not collect the tithe.its a clear signal for people who have d spirit of God.i wont say more dan dat
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by hansad: 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
This was meant by T. B Joshua to be an advert for his church and person. Nothing to cheer in the return of the money to the pensioneer.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
david4comfort:
.nobody is too old before God.a 200 year old woman in d sight of God is a baby.God told d woman in Malachi 3 dat u shuld bring ur tithe,prophet tb Joshua said they will not collect the tithe.its a clear signal for people who have d spirit of God.i wont say more dan dat
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by hibbayueei(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
HAVE YOU HEARD THAT.... You can now carry your files/music/video on your OTG Flash Drive and read/play on your mobile android phones or Tablets any where you are... OTG Flash drive are available at a very reduced price... For more information, pls check my signature/Profile.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Smooyis(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Whaooooo. Love this man of God so much.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by FAGGED2(m): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
?
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by realGURU(m): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
This an advert or firtional any way
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by kevyngbash(m): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
ennyhola:
T.B. Joshua, perhaps Nigeria’s most
unconventional cleric, posted a heart-warming
story on his official Facebook Page about an
elderly lady who came to his church with an
unusual gift.
A retired teacher named Caroline Orugude had
come to The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations
(SCOAN) in Lagos, Nigeria to share a curious
testimony.
After retiring from her job in June, 2012,
Caroline was forced to wait almost two years
for the gratuity that she was supposed to
receive. “There was nothing much we could do
except pray because the pension system is so
unreliable,” she narrated to the congregation.
After visiting various churches for prayer
without any visible change, she was
introduced to Emmanuel TV, the popular
Christian television station broadcasting the
activities at The SCOAN, and began praying
along with T.B. Joshua.
Within two weeks, she received a call from the
treasury, asking her to go to Abuja to collect
her pension money. “I decided that when I got
the money, I would come to The SCOAN to
appreciate the Lord,” she joyfully said. “I am
here with the small sum of 500,000 naira, to
give to the man of God and The SCOAN, as my
tithe.”
It was an unexpected declaration but the
response of Joshua was equally surprising as
he insisted he could not collect the gift.
“Yes, it is written in the Bible that we should
pay tithe but how can we collect tithe from
widows and the aged who are supposed to be
under our care,” he questioned the
congregation.
“Remember, she has stopped working. She
needs our care for the rest of her life. These
are the women we should be feeding and
taking care of. She is our mother; she is my
mother too.”
The cleric, who is well known for his
philanthropic gestures, then announced that
instead of taking Mrs. Orugude’s tithe, he
would support her with an additional 500,000
naira.
“When God calls a man or woman, what they
will eat, what they will use and everything they
need for their journey will be provided
abundantly by God,” T.B. Joshua then
explained, noting the attributes of genuine
ministers of God.
“When a minister begins to depend on tithes,
you know he is not a minister of God,” he
added. “This is a message to ministers of God
all over the world. When we collect tithes, we
should know those whom we collect them
from. Don’t force anybody – it is between
them and God. Let us worship the Giver of
money, not money,” he concluded.
The post on Joshua’s Facebook page,
followed by 1.5 million people, ended with a
poignant question. “Where are your elderly?
Care for them and you shall reach old age.”
A video recently surfaced of Joshua refusing a
$1,000 offering from a Swiss lady who
received healing during his crusade in
Colombia. Several weeks ago, he spoke
scathingly of ‘money-hungry’ pastors,
insisting that ministers of God should not
force members to give offerings or tithes as it
was a thing of the heart.

SOURCE: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/letter-to-the-editor/176233-t-b-joshua-returns-elderly-womans-half-a-million-naira-tithe176233.html

I am not his fan but this gesture shows he is genuine and reasonable. If TB and his followers can stop the 'predictions' they throw around, I am sure he will win more souls to God
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by k3npat(m): 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
Truly, this is a man of Jah
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Wealthyonos(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
ojimbo:
how did he know that it was the woman that paid the tithe or was he at the offering pot checking on how much every member is dropping or is he trying to buy recognition? Nigerians are becoming more foolish as day goes on
Nigerians are not getting more foolish, it is u whose brain is poorly fed that is getting more foolish. Read the story all over again and stop accusing Nigerians instead of your artificially inflated brain demolition lol.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by misreal(m): 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
No pastor has any right to return a tithe...QED
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by damilareoye: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
some people will still fails to realise the true meaning of what the prophet did but rather, they will be shouting its not compulsory to pay tithe.

categorically, I won't say the tithe was returned but The woman was faithful and she was blessed back in two folds.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by lecat(m): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
ojimbo:
Did you pass ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN YOUR WAEC. IF you did, it's a statement to the malaise bedeviling our educational sector. The article clearly states the woman's predicament and her vow when she gets to overcome it. She came to give her testimony as can be clearly seen in the accompanying photograph in the article.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CANT STOP LAUGH: Caption This Funny Photo / 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know / Primate Ayodele: "I Warned Keshi, Wrote A Letter To Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.