Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church (42248 Views)

Victims From The Suicide Bomb Blast In Konduga, Borno State (Graphic Photos) / Failed Suicide Bomb Attack At The University Of Maiduguri Today (Photos) / Suicide Bomb Attack In Muna, Borno (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by shedrack222: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
Potiskum (Yobe)- The Police in Yobe on Sunday confirmed the killing of six persons in a suicide bomb attack on a church in Potiskum.
Mr Toyin Gbadegesin, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the state command, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Damaturu that the death included the suicide bomber.

The spokesman said: “A male suicide bomber detonated a bomb at Redeem Church at Jigawa area of Potiskum, killing five on the spot.
“A female member of the church who sustained injuries also died while receiving treatment in the hospital.’’

He said the injured are receiving treatment at various health facilities in the area.
According to AFP the bomber entered the uncompleted Redeemed Christian Church of God at 9:55 am in the Jigawa area on the outskirts of the city in Yobe state and detonated his explosives, killing the worshippers, including a woman and her two children as well as the pastor, they said.
“Four worshippers died instantly while the fifth victim gave up shortly after she was taken to hospital,” a police officer involved in the evacuation told AFP.

“The victims included a woman and her two children, the pastor and another worshipper,” added the officer who spoke on condition of anonymity.
Witness Garba Manu told AFP the bomber arrived at the church on a motorised rickshaw disguised as a worshipper and detonated his explosives as soon as he entered the church.

“I saw when the bomber alighting from a motorised rickshaw and entering the church and as soon as he entered a loud explosion ripped through the church which is under construction,” he said.
“I saw him walked into the church and he didn’t raise any suspicion. Five worshippers, including three females and two males were in the church when the bomber entered and they were all killed,” he added.

“The dismembered body of the bomber was also recovered,” said Manu, who lives in the area.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility but Potiskum, the commercial capital of Yobe state, has been hit repeatedly by Boko Haram Islamists in their six-year insurgency, including by suicide bombers.

The insurgents have also launched a series of attacks on mosques, villages and markets in neighbouring Borno state in the past few days, claiming more than 200 lives.

Boko Haram are keen to prove they are not a spent force despite a four-nation military offensive that has run them out of captured towns and villages since February this year.

The use of improvised explosive devices and suicide bombings has increased since May 29 when President Muhammadu Buhari took office vowing to crush the rebellion.
According to an AFP tally, at least 654 people have lost their lives since that date.

source-- http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/6-die-in-suicide-bomb-attack-on-church/

Cc::: lalasticlala
Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
So sad to know

Updated.....
Am not a fan of ftc.
Anyway..On behalf of My humble Self, Softsparky and Rolly83. We send our sincere condolences to the affected families.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by shedrack222: 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Bokoharam

2 Likes

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by hakeem4(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ghen ghen

The guy below me no get sense

7 Likes

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
k
Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by stinggy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
Again

Buhari let's get serious. Who will you preside over if all of us get killed?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by izeeqpotter(m): 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
We need to carry guns for safety now o. With your NIN you should b licensed now Abi??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by ElDeeVee(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
This is getting serious. This past one week has been crazy

Bring back our military

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by TippyTop(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
Whose side is Buhari on?
Dullardinhooo believes we're winning the war, but the only people winning are boko haram.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by yorke1: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
Daura dulllard is confused already and the religion of peace is even making it worst for him.

I heard ISLAMABAD is the capital of Pakistan.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by sotall(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
I dedicate this page to GEJ my hero...

Have a happy, lovely and peaceful weekend Sir.

You have been justified.

177 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Eternal lite be upon d dead!
May our Lady, Queen of all souls, Queen of heaven and earth intercede on their(d dead) behalf, Amin.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Lordave: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Please the whole world should investigate this; it's obvious I Was hypnotised in Voting and canvassing for Muhammadu Buhari in the last Presidential Election. I was not conscious of my actions and please, once more on behalf of scammed and hypnotised Nigerians I tender my apology to the most tactful and shrewd president Nigeria ever had, Mr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR, I'm sorry for falling for the greatest scam ever known to man. I'm sorry, sir.

159 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by WOCKHARDI(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Can't these Northerners hold the president and their governors accountable for this their plight? And one of the NE governors even said that Buhari's election is one of the good things to have happened to the north.
How?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by GovWahala: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
This useless Animals, do we have a President in this country?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by xynerise: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Is there no hope for this country?

1 Like

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Symphony007: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Boko haram is back and stronger than ever!! Meanwhile we have no defense minister or a well articulated plan to halt their offensive talk less of stopping them! How far the service chiefs? Have they moved to maiduguri?

14 Likes

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by EmmyOG7(m): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stupid president

8 Likes

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by shedrack222: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ya

Pregnant Married Lady caaught Dooing It with Her Secret Lover

[url]proudlyweb.com/pregnant-married-lady-caaught-dooing-it-with-her-secret-lover[/url]
Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by emmanuel2015: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
una fast o

1 Like

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Damscrob(m): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Front page..dedicate this to All chemical engr's on this page.

FTC now on my mind
wink

2 Likes

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Baba snail. Shebi u said you will lead war against bokoharam . What is happening babamumu, please do something or u face impeachment. Biko u r just incompetent.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by bornmekus: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
I will stop Boko Haram in 3months- Mr Dullard President.What is happening now to Nigerians in the North?Nigerians voted thinking its 4change but don't know that they just entered one chance. CONGRATULATIONS TO MR ONE CHANCE PRESIDENT.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by kay29000(m): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hmm! Na wa o! So right now as I type, there is a man preparing to go and blow himself up. What do they tell these people? I just can't wrap my head around it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by horla32: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Etisalat Nigeria Fresh Graduate& Exp. Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

http://cuts.name/3tg
Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
Buhari is a son of a b.tch ...and to all those buhari blind supporters, may God run your life the way buhari is currently runing Nigeria.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Prince081: 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
While PMB is taking selfie with his cows in Daura.
Change indeed.
Snail Buhari!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Tbillz(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
GMB was assumed to be sponsoring or subscribed to the idea of BH back then.... If its true, the question is i.] can he be sponsoring terrorist against his own government?

5 Likes

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by sosanova: 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
[size=13pt] grin grin grin Buhari is a big scam...Nigerians don enter one chance for the next four years [/size]

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by Godjone(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
They wan start again abi........ Church attacks been don stop before oooooo.

But wait oooooo..., wetin Buhari dey talk na

8 Likes

Re: 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church by EagleScribes: 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
So their god is still thirsty of blood abi? This was how it started when people turned a blind eye and a deaf ear.

Pls let us know when your god is drunk with blood and satisfied with captured innocent girls

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DJ Switch Blasts Lai Mohammed / Obasanjo Gives Condition To Support New Mega Party - This Day / PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.