Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (692602 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 7:10am On Nov 15, 2019
Trippledots:

I won't touch this charger with 10foot pole... Waste of money as far as I'm concerned

Why so?
Have you used it before? What was the issue with it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 7:20am On Nov 15, 2019
jidobaba:
Oh
Another thing, did you order your 6A from AliExpress? If so, how much did you pay to collect at the local post office?

The charger is very light. No payment but if they decide to charge you, it won't be more than N500
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:42am On Nov 15, 2019
Trippledots:

I won't touch this charger with 10foot pole... Waste of money as far as I'm concerned
but i av been using this charger for over 2yrs now. its very strong and efficient. i mean the 30A version though
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2019
seejay80s:
the fan is cheap and brand new, the wattage is not on the pack or on the fan but its 12v and not 220v like the first one,
the fan is available in 12v and 24v so tell them the one u want, its better than the first one, I bought today at arena market
it also has on and off switch

Please do you think one can still get this fan?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
I am in the market to buy a 32inch tv ...i am in a bit of a dilemma. Do i buy a 12v tv or a normal 32 inch LED Tv with low wattage?

Please i need your opinion
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Please buy normal TV with low wattage
luvablesam:
I am in the market to buy a 32inch tv ...i am in a bit of a dilemma. Do i buy a 12v tv or a normal 32 inch LED Tv with low wattage?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
Allem:
Please buy normal TV with low wattage

Thnks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
luvablesam:

Please which 12v TV did you see?
Can you remember the brand and what was the cost like?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
eleojo23:

Please which 12v TV did you see?
Can you remember the brand and what was the cost like?

Its a 32inch LG LED Tv... They said its designed for Africa. 38k
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
luvablesam:

Its a 32inch LG LED Tv... They said its designed for Africa. 38k

That's interesting. Was it at the LG official outlet you saw it? Please pardon my many questions.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
eleojo23:

That's interesting. Was it at the LG official outlet you saw it? Please pardon my many questions.

No it wasnt..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
luvablesam:

No it wasnt..
Ok...thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
eleojo23:

Ok...thanks

So why all the questions?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
luvablesam:

So why all the questions?

I am trying to get a DC TV, that's why I am asking.

Was the one you saw like this?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
eleojo23:

I am trying to get a DC TV, that's why I am asking.

Was the one you saw like this?

Yea....how many watts is it? And whats the difference between DC and AC TVs
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
luvablesam:

Yea....how many watts is it? And whats the difference between DC and AC TVs

The watts should be between 30-45w.
The difference is that even though it still has an AC plug, you can power it directly with a 12v battery.

When powered through DC, you don't need an inverter and as such, you conserve more power and make the battery last longer.
How so? An inverter on its own draws some amount of power (watts) once it is turned on even without anything plugged to it. This idle power draw can range from 10w to over 100w depending on the size of the inverter. So whenever you plug any appliance to the inverter, the actual power consumption is the watts of the appliance plus the power draw of the inverter.

When you use a DC appliance, you take the inverter out of the picture thus eliminating the power draw of the inverter.
If you have a large battery bank, you may not worry about the power draw of the inverter but if your battery bank isn't big, removing as little as 10w from the load will make a significant difference.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
eleojo23:

The watts should be between 30-45w.
The difference is that even though it still has an AC plug, you can power it directly with a 12v battery.

When powered through DC, you don't need an inverter and as such, you conserve more power and make the battery last longer.
How so? An inverter on its own draws some amount of power (watts) once it is turned on even without anything plugged to it. This idle power draw can range from 10w to over 100w depending on the size of the inverter. So whenever you plug any appliance to the inverter, the actual power consumption is the watts of the appliance plus the power draw of the inverter.

When you use a DC appliance, you take the inverter out of the picture thus eliminating the power draw of the inverter.
If you have a large battery bank, you may not worry about the power draw of the inverter but if your battery bank isn't big, removing as little as 10w from the load will make a significant difference.

Thanks for enlightening me. so it means i can connect the battery directly to the batteries directly without an inverter. Is there a special cord one can use or special sockets?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
Valto:
but i av been using this charger for over 2yrs now. its very strong and efficient. i mean the 30A version though
That charger is very very good. I've been using mine for over 1 year now and its still going strong. Its not advisable to connect it to a stabilizer, just connect direct to your wall socket. I ordered mine from Jumia last year.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
luvablesam:

Thanks for enlightening me. so it means i can connect the battery directly to the batteries directly without an inverter. Is there a special cord one can use or special sockets?

Did you buy the DC TV? If so, yes it should be able to work directly with the batteries as all it needs is 12v.

I really don't know how the power inputs looks like but it should come with a cable for connecting to the batteries.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
vitality22:

That charger is very very good. I've been using mine for over 1 year now and its still going strong. Its not advisable to connect it to a stabilizer, just connect direct to your wall socket. I ordered mine from Jumia last year.

I like this review. I can now go and order the charger without reservations. cool
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
eleojo23:

Did you buy the DC TV? If so, yes it should be able to work directly with the batteries as all it needs is 12v.

I really don't know how the power inputs looks like but it should come with a cable for connecting to the batteries.

No...i havent...still undecided
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
luvablesam:

No...i havent...still undecided
Ok....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Mppt Pmw available in stock 10amp 100amp
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by surrogatesng: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
luvablesam:

Contrary to popular opinion that DC TV is more energy efficient than AC TV is wrong.

DC TV have different power consumption.Some can be as high as 65 watt while some can be as low as 15 watt.

I once bought a 15 inch TV only to find out that it is 52 watt.

Whether DC or AC what you should be concerned is how energy friendly it is.Is the power consumption within the acceptable limit of using it with solar?

Most modern led tv have an energy saving feature which works well for solar applications when turned on.

If you decide to buy a 12v TV .Please bear in mind that you should also have a battery bank suitable for it.I will recommend a 100ah battery to use with a 32 inch DC TV.

The downside of it is that your DC TV may drain your battery beyond its allowed limit which might make your battery die faster(It also gives a longer runtime on your DC TV)

The DC TV may get burnt due to higher amps or voltage from the battery due to faulty charger controller or any other technical issue I once plugged a 19 inch 15 watt DC TV on a 100ah battery and it blew up.

I sell DC TV and they are all made in china.Whatsapp me if you need one 07067866986

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
surrogatesng:

Contrary to popular opinion that DC TV is more energy efficient than AC TV is wrong.

DC TV have different power consumption.Some can be as high as 65 watt while some can be as low as 15 watt.

I once bought a 15 inch TV only to find out that it is 52 watt.

Whether DC or AC what you should be concerned is how energy friendly it is.Is the power consumption within the acceptable limit of using it with solar?

Most modern led tv have an energy saving feature which works well for solar applications when turned on.

If you decide to buy a 12v TV .Please bear in mind that you should also have a battery bank suitable for it.I will recommend a 100ah battery to use with a 32 inch DC TV.

The downside of it is that your DC TV may drain your battery beyond its allowed limit which might make your battery die faster(It also gives a longer runtime on your DC TV)

The DC TV may get burnt due to higher amps or voltage from the battery due to faulty charger controller or any other technical issue I once plugged a 19 inch 15 watt DC TV on a 100ah battery and it blew up.

I sell DC TV and they are all made in china.Whatsapp me if you need one 07067866986

I am very grateful for the way you broke everything down. I have already gone for the AC TV already. Thanks so much
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
surrogatesng:

Why would you turn on your 12v DC TV while the battery is charging knowing full well that the battery voltage can rise to about 14.7v and the charger supplies very high amps which is not suitable for the TV?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 11:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
eleojo23:

Why so?
Have you used it before? What was the issue with it?

Yes i have.

It seems to be very fragile, as it burnt out on more than than two ocassions. Infact i had to upgrade a resistor inside it when it burnt at first. That didn't help.

Someone up there said it shouldn't be used with a stab, maybe thats why mine zapped because i run my house on a stab due to unstable voltage supply. But come to think of it , why should a charger spit out fire and die because a stab is in line with it.

I hear there is an analog version tho which i was tempted to get....until i decided to use laptop chargers and an mppt to charge my batteries.

The laptop design has worked for me so far with only slight issues i can afford to ignore. Let me knw which you bought and d experience....that is analog or digital.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 5:32am On Nov 17, 2019
Trippledots:

Yes i have.

It seems to be very fragile, as it burnt out on more than than two ocassions. Infact i had to upgrade a resistor inside it when it burnt at first. That didn't help.

Someone up there said it shouldn't be used with a stab, maybe thats why mine zapped because i run my house on a stab due to unstable voltage supply. But come to think of it , why should a charger spit out fire and die because a stab is in line with it.

I hear there is an analog version tho which i was tempted to get....until i decided to use laptop chargers and an mppt to charge my batteries.

The laptop design has worked for me so far with only slight issues i can afford to ignore. Let me knw which you bought and d experience....that is analog or digital.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I haven't bought it yet
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by surrogatesng: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2019
eleojo23:

Why would you turn on your 12v DC TV while the battery is charging knowing full well that the battery voltage can rise to about 14.7v and the charger supplies very high amps which is not suitable for the TV?
Simply because a DC TV is rated 12V does not mean that it cannot take voltage up to 16V or lower than 11V.A good 12V TV can work with a 16V adaptet withput any issues.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by taovilla: 7:59am On Nov 17, 2019
Good morning house
Please I need ur review on this. I have a 1000watt Famicare inverter with 12v 100ah battery using it for year now. But am planning covert to solar system due to poor electricity supply in my area.
What size of solar panel will charger my battery effectively?
And which one will you recommend between monocrystalline and polycrystalline panel?
Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by surrogatesng: 8:09am On Nov 17, 2019
taovilla:
Good morning house
Please I need ur review on this. I have a 1000watt Famicare inverter with 12v 100ah battery using it for year now. But am planning covert to solar system due to poor electricity supply in my area.
What size of solar panel will charger my battery effectively?
And which one will you recommend between monocrystalline and polycrystalline panel?
Thanks

1 or 2 pcs 150 watt panels and 20
amps Charger controller will do.If you need solar panels or charger controller whatsapp me.I am in Lagos 07067866986

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.