Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,643 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (692503 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:45am On Aug 10, 2020
BLS1:

I wanted to mention Anyanwu but he's still owing me a 30amp charger oooo lol ... but he's definitely better than most of those Arena guys.

About the Walasanhe charger Ceejay, I bought it after your recommendation but noticed my unit is usually .2 volts higher than my multimeter.... so I usually turn my load off at the 12.5v reading it gives which I take as 12.3v (which should still represent 50% DOD). Have you tried independently testing the reading to confirm yours isn't off too?

the idioro repairer ones repaired my 30amps digital charger which i later sold off ,it took more than a month for him to get the origina I.C for the charger

let me see the pics of ur Walasanhe charger or a video of it charging
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2020
obinna37:
Oga ceejay,abeg you fit borrow the charger grin
i for borrow u but i dont have any other charger except it, sold 2 of my chargers , , i only have a 10amp suoer left and i am using it in my office with a 100ah calcium generator battery with my PC....
sorry eh...Ndo
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2020
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N14,000
12v 150a.......N10,5000
12v 100a.......N7,000
2v 500a.......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2020
DISCOUNTED PRICE !!!

- Axpert 3kva 24v wall mount hybrid inverter with 50a pwm solar controller ... 100,000

- Schneider 1.5kva 24v hybrid inverter with 1000 watts solar compatibility ...75,000

-Flames 270w mono panel .....40,000

-Flames 320w mono panel ......46,000

- Distilled water & electrolytes for battery maintenance .. 25L Gallon for 7000 . Distilled water 1L × 12 for 5000

- Energy monitor meter or kill-a-watt device ... 15,000

- Programmable Digital 63 amps AVP with ammeter and current limiting feature... 15,000

- DC surge protective device..... 12,000

- Programmable wall mount timer switch ... 12,000

- DC battery 12 volts LCD meter .... 2000

Contact for enquiry & orders,
Call:: 081-350-31951

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2020
BLS1:

I wanted to mention Anyanwu but he's still owing me a 30amp charger oooo lol ... but he's definitely better than most of those Arena guys.

About the Walasanhe charger Ceejay, I bought it after your recommendation but noticed my unit is usually .2 volts higher than my multimeter.... so I usually turn my load off at the 12.5v reading it gives which I take as 12.3v (which should still represent 50% DOD). Have you tried independently testing the reading to confirm yours isn't off too?
its true, now i understand u, the voltage on wanlesanhe is 2v or sometime 1v higher but mostly 2v higher, i dont know which is telling the truth, if its wanlesanhe or my charge controller display, but i beleive the wanlesanhe is more accurate, havent u noticed it doesnt heat up like souer charger?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BLS1: 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
ceejay80s:

its true, now i understand u, the voltage on wanlesanhe is 2v or sometime 1v higher but mostly 2v higher, i dont know which is telling the truth, if its wanlesanhe or my charge controller display, but i beleive the wanlesanhe is more accurate, havent u noticed it doesnt heat up like souer charger?

Yeah the fan is always on, no matter how little the current is which is a bit unusual.

Besides the 0.2v issue, the charger is pretty ok, though I still don't understand the manual charging and how it works as it seems to be still doing smart charging, though it allows you to adjust the voltage.

The main reason I bought it was to revive 2 batteries. My car battery, which now seems to be ok but more importantly my 5 year old tokunbo Ritar telecom which it took almost a week to get full. Once I tried the load test the voltage dropped drastically and I then decided to use the manual charging to make things faster.... within a few hours the battery was swelling and smelling and I had to shut it down. The funny thing is that I gave it a day and the swelling disappeared like magic lol. I tried a load test and it failed again.

I might still use it on that battery for a month (in smart mode).

The on-display voltage is useful to me though as I use it offline to monitor my inverter's (India) charger as I blame it for spoiling my Ritar. Chinese seem to know more about charging than these Indians
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BLS1: 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2020
Allem:
Please boss, Where can I get this charger?

I used Jumia, it will likely be less expensive than aliexpress because of shipping and dollar.

I got it for 16-18k if I remember correctly but I recently saw it on Jumia for 10k (without international customs and shipping).
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
BLS1:

Yeah the fan is always on, no matter how little the current is which is a bit unusual.

Besides the 0.2v issue, the charger is pretty ok, though I still don't understand the manual charging and how it works as it seems to be still doing smart charging, though it allows you to adjust the voltage.

The main reason I bought it was to revive 2 batteries. My car battery, which now seems to be ok but more importantly my 5 year old tokunbo Ritar telecom which it took almost a week to get full. Once I tried the load test the voltage dropped drastically and I then decided to use the manual charging to make things faster.... within a few hours the battery was swelling and smelling and I had to shut it down. The funny thing is that I gave it a day and the swelling disappeared like magic lol. I tried a load test and it failed again.

The on-display voltage is useful to me though as I use it offline to monitor my inverter's (India) charger as I blame it for spoiling my Ritar. Chinese seem to know more about charging than these Indians

I used Jumia, it will likely be less expensive than aliexpress because of shipping and dollar.

I got it for 16-18k if I remember correctly but I recently saw it on Jumia for 10k (without international customs and shipping).

I think Ur Ritar battery is gone, a cell must be bad inside for it to swell, so forget about it. But it's nice to hear Ur car battery is working okay now; I also recently ordered the charger based on Ceejay80s recommendation. Got it for ₦13500 shipping and delivery inclusive.

When I get mine, will also give a review on how well it works. Thanks for this review.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BLS1: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
saint2ace:

I think Ur Ritar battery is gone, a cell must be bad inside for it to swell, so forget about it. But it's nice to hear Ur car battery is working okay now; I also recently ordered the charger based on Ceejay80s recommendation. Got it for ₦13500 shipping and delivery inclusive.

When I get mine, will also give a review on how well it works. Thanks for this review.

You are probably right about the battery being gone, but when I remember how long it lasted for and how it proved itself so many times, I almost don't want to give up on it lol

If only we had someone on here who could reveal there secrets in Oshodi and tell us how they refurbish these batteries.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
BLS1:

You are probably right about the battery being gone, but when I remember how long it lasted for and how it proved itself so many times, I almost don't want to give up on it lol

If only we had someone on here who could reveal there secrets in Oshodi and tell us how they refurbish these batteries.

The bolded is the million dollar question but there are still batteries that cannot be revived no matter what

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by obinna37(m): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
ceejay80s:

i for borrow u but i dont have any other charger except it, sold 2 of my chargers , , i only have a 10amp suoer left and i am using it in my office with a 100ah calcium generator battery with my PC....
sorry eh...Ndo
No problem nwanne mmadu
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
BLS1:

I have seen on TV the way these butteries are recycled, these oyinbos will buy the bad batteries in very large quantity all over the world and then throw them in to a grinder, that will grind every thing including the plastic body ,after grinding, they add some chemicals and then mold it into a new cell, they put the cell in a new plastic body and u have a new battery, they will test it, brand it with a name and put in carton, most of these China batteries we buy as brand new are recycled batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Lovelynife(m): 8:09am On Aug 11, 2020
ceejay80s:

good....my battery has never gone below 12.5V while using, and even before it gets to 12.5v, it takes so many hours don't know if its my battery that is very good or the desulfating charger that is excellent, all I know is that I am smiling
Good morning. please do you use the desulfating charger as ur main external charger or u r using another?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
BLS1:

i only use the manual for 45mins based on the advice given hear by a nairalander, once in a month or two, i set it to manual and reduce the knob voltage to 16.0v sometimes it falls on 16.1v or 15.9v but i still get that 16v, the amp can fall in 3.3, 3.4,3.5 to 3.9 but it doesnt matter as long as it doesnt reach 5amp and i leave it on the battery for 45mins, then set back to automatic , i dont exceed 45min time, please take not that timing should be different or lower to smaller batteries like 100ah,75ah,50ah 40ah etc.
u can check online for reviews on manual mode, some say its dangerous and its best u leave it on automatic mode to avoid stories that touches it heart.
its not necessary u but the exact type that i am using, there are other brands and also cheaper ones too but same specs, who know....those one could be better than mine
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2020
How good is this charger?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
dollarnaira:
You need to comb jumia very well to get reasonable price of Suoer 500w inverter.
Bought mine for 7500 last month. But saw this last week :
what's your experience so far with souer... Is the wattage true? Plan on getting one soon
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
remi2good:
my setup are 2000w souer Inverter with internal charger and ups function @N20.000, two 130w solar panels @36.000, one fairly used 150ah ritar battery @N35.000(very rugged have been using it for two years now) 50ah cheap pmw charge controller I bought online @N8.000 after I sold my own to a friend because I needed money. My loads are 32" led TV 55w. Gotv and strong decoders. 40w rechargeable subwoofer that shakes the house. 8 led bulbs because I connected our compound security lights, kitchen and bathroom and my mum's room to my system and phone charging outlet that my neighbours always overload.
how strong is the souer inverter?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
officialfestus:
How good is this charger?
good, gooder but not goodest, we are yet to try other types like....

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N15,000
12v 150a.......N11,000
12v 100a.......N7,500
2v 500a.......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
ceejay80s:

thanks for the review sir
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
ceejay80s:

Uncle u never see deals, check out the picture below. But be mindful, the start up current on Ur model is 110v but in this one it's 130v, while Ur model has a 5 stage charge system, this particular one keeps it at 3 stages, for some that's not a deal breaker but if u're into details I believe there's a reason why the prices are different.

My 2 kobo......

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2020
officialfestus:
what's your experience so far with souer... Is the wattage true? Plan on getting one soon

Wattage is relative bro
It is like buying 5L oil, d 5litre is not real
It is like buying fuel in litres d 1L is not complete too.

But no matter how, it is bad to load an inverter very close to its size.

I now possess 1000w inverter
My load on it is 77w.

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
officialfestus:

Why not get a 1kva, got the same at arena Oshodi for 8k.....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:00am On Aug 12, 2020
saint2ace:

Uncle u never see deals, check out the picture below. But be mindful, the start up current on Ur model is 110v but in this one it's 130v, while Ur model has a 5 stage charge system, this particular one keeps it at 3 stages, for some that's not a deal breaker but if u're into details I believe there's a reason why the prices are different.

My 2 kobo......

u are right!!!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 5:10am On Aug 12, 2020
saint2ace:

Why not get a 1kva, got the same at arena Oshodi for 8k.....
I live in benin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 5:11am On Aug 12, 2020
dollarnaira:

Wattage is relative bro
It is like buying 5L oil, d 5litre is not real
It is like buying fuel in litres d 1L is not complete too.

But no matter how, it is bad to load an inverter very close to its size.

I now possess 1000w inverter
My load on it is 77w.
thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2020
DISCOUNTED PRICE!!!

Genus Heiwa 1625VA/12V Inverter (LED)
Output load : 1400VA, Peak Efficiency: >73%, Charger 15A +/- 1A, Tech: ASIC Technology , Dimension: (398*260*152)mm. Wave form: Pure Sine Wave.
Price: 85,000

- Genus 950va 12v ....... 50,000
- Genus 1675va 24v ..... 82,000
- Genus 2050va 24v ..... 87,000

Contact,

SmartcellNuggets : Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2020
Kindly reach out for our available stock at best discounted price!

* JINKO PANELS (370w & 390w mono)

* Canadian solar panels

* Era solar panels

* JA solar panels

* SCHNEIDER Inverter (1.5Kva, 2.5Kva, 4kva, 8.5kva)

* VICTRON Energy Inverter (3Kva, 10kva, 15Kva)

* MPPT Charge controller
( TBB, SCHNEIDER & VICTRON)

* PHOCOS 5000 Watts Hybrid inverter

* SMA SOLAR
(SI 6.0H, 8.0H, SunyBoy 5.0)

* TROJAN Battery (USA)
( 6V 315Ah AGM, 12V 170Ah Flooded, 12V 205Ah AGM)

*Quanta battery (India)
(12V 150Ah, 12V 200Ah)
e.g white carton quanta 200a ... 147,000.
Brown carton 200a ..... 140,000

* HOPPECKE Battery (German)
( 2V, 1500Ah)

* Deka 210a battery (USA)

* SHOTO Battery
(2V, 1000Ah)

* Solar pv cables ( 6mm, 10mm & 16mm size)

INSTALLATION ACCESSORIES such as Aluminium Rail (4.2m), Middle clamp, L- foot, End clamp, Earthing Kit & Lug, Rail splice/Joiner, Adjustable Tilt kit etc with full stock on ground , available for order at best discounted prices.

Contact,

SmartcellNuggets : Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2020
officialfestus:
thanks

Uwc
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2020
officialfestus:
I live in benin

Okay na.....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
saint2ace:

Okay na.....
can I get a 3kva there?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
officialfestus:
can I get a 3kva there?

Yes u can, both used and brand new but if u're looking for brand new, why not order from konga or Jumia so it can be delivered to u in Benin.... Just saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.