Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (691158 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 7:27am On Sep 09, 2020
eleojo23:

If you don't mind waiting, you can get 600w Psw inverter on AliExpress for around 20k. Just type 600w pure sine wave inverter in the search bar. I got one from there last year.

With the resumption of international flight, you won't have to wait too long unlike when borders were still closed.

Most AliExpress acclaimed psw na msw but i will bro. Help with a specific brand if u can pls.
Most are not branded
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 7:38am On Sep 09, 2020
abbeymighty:
Hello house, please which one is between using 24v inverter with 4* 200ah batteries and using 48v of same inverter with 4*200ah batteries both are 2.5kva.
Please your input is highly appreciates
Basically the same runtime, but the 48v version will be more efficient with a better load carrying capacity

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 7:42am On Sep 09, 2020
mahkanjuh, I don't know how this nl pm thingy works. You can post your question here and I'll be glad to assist.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:14am On Sep 09, 2020
JustCryptos:

Bros. In trying to revive your battery, do you add distilled water inside?

I have 1 200ah fullriver battery that has been dead for over a year. And then 4 100ah GACIA batteries that have started packing up.

When I opened the 100ah batteries. They were all dried. I bought acid from a charger to put in one to test if it will work but my 40a suoer charger charges it for a bit and then stops. I have sent two of the batteries to the guy to charge for 2k.

What's your take on this?

No I did not open the batteries at all, the technology behind the pulse charger is systematically breaking down sulphation on the glass plates dissolving them and adding them back to the electrolyte gel in the battery, with the plates clean the battery can hold more charge, and it's worth knowing that battery chemistries vary so it's not a one size fits all scenerio.

The gacia brand of batteries are gel batteries and so do not make use of acid or electrolyte. So adding avid or electrolyte will only damage the battery chemistry, I know we've seen so many YouTube videos on how it helped revive batteries but it never worked for me, @ceejays80 can testify to a time we did that experiment.

I would advise you give myself and @dollarnaira a few weeks to test our batteries and see if the charger can revive seemingly dead batteries, if it does then give it a shot (we now know it can improve ailing batteries).

But opening of batteries didn't work for me then and I'm not about to try it again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Boss, how do i reach you so we can discuss about this deal? I am very very interested.

Thanks

Thanks for the interest boss, let's @mahkanjuh the choice of second refusal, if he doesn't comment in 24hrs then we deal, also available is an Epilson 1.6kva 24v inverter @50k

So whosoever is interested should indicate their interest.

Pics available on demand
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:26am On Sep 09, 2020
eleojo23:

If you don't mind waiting, you can get 600w Psw inverter on AliExpress for around 20k. Just type 600w pure sine wave inverter in the search bar. I got one from there last year.

With the resumption of international flight, you won't have to wait too long unlike when borders were still closed.

Does the 20k include shipping cost? I'd also appreciate the link when available...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 8:50am On Sep 09, 2020
Then I am next on the list.
saint2ace:

Thanks for the interest boss, let's @mahkanjuh the choice of second refusal, if he doesn't comment in 24hrs then we deal, also available is an Epilson 1.6kva 24v inverter @50k

So whosoever is interested should indicate their interest.

Pics available on demand
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by zeestone99(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2020
150w super bright all in one solar street light.
60k only.
Limited quantity available.
Call - 08117398294
Chat - http:///2348117398294
Email- info@mazinegroup.com

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by zeestone99(m): 9:32am On Sep 09, 2020
Call us for your professional solar/inverter installations and procurement.
Call - 08117398294
Chat - http:///2348117398294
Email- info@mazinegroup.com

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2020
dollarnaira:

Most AliExpress acclaimed psw na msw but i will bro. Help with a specific brand if u can pls.
Most are not branded

The one I bought is actually pure sine wave. No humming with fans or led bulbs. I just tried looking for it, unfortunately, the store doesn't have it again. The only store that has it sells at 14k plus 15k shipping fee so that's approx 30k.

I'll keep looking sha. You can also try searching by yourself. Take note of customer reviews and watch out for oscilloscope test pictures. That's your proof of the nature of the sine wave.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 10:06am On Sep 09, 2020
saint2ace:

Does the 20k include shipping cost? I'd also appreciate the link when available...

Unfortunately, it's now about 30k.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrWL8K7
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2020
eleojo23:

The one I bought is actually pure sine wave. No humming with fans or led bulbs. I just tried looking for it, unfortunately, the store doesn't have it again. The only store that has it sells at 14k plus 15k shipping fee so that's approx 30k.

I'll keep looking sha. You can also try searching by yourself. Take note of customer reviews and watch out for oscilloscope test pictures. That's your proof of the nature of the sine wave.

Bro thanks alot
Shipping fee is d issue
I checked Jumia too seems fair
Jumia sells for abt 16k
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2020
dollarnaira:

Bro thanks alot Shipping fee is d issue I checked Jumia too seems fair Jumia sells for abt 16k
If you can get a good deal on Jumia, go for it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2020
dollarnaira:

Bro thanks alot
Shipping fee is d issue
I checked Jumia too seems fair
Jumia sells for abt 16k

If it's the same model then go for it. I hope they don't ship the msw version sha. Bought a 4kva 12v, some months back and they shipped a MSW instead psw. But for the price I couldn't complain, kept it for emergencies.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Lovelynife(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2020
eleojo23:

Unfortunately, it's now about 30k.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrWL8K7
30k and possibility of paying customs fee
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2020
Lovelynife:

30k and possibility of paying customs fee

Surprisingly, I have never paid custom fees on my over-200 orders from AliExpress. I only read about other people's experience.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Lovelynife(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2020
eleojo23:

Surprisingly, I have never paid custom fees on my over-200 orders from AliExpress. I only read about other people's experience.
dhl or Aliexpress standard?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mahkanjuh: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2020
eleojo23:
mahkanjuh, I don't know how this nl pm thingy works. You can post your question here and I'll be glad to assist.
Thanks bro, the question has been answered actually, above there. Wanted to ask for the specific one u ordered from AliExpress @the PSW inverter.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2020
Lovelynife:
dhl or Aliexpress standard?
AliExpress standard mostly. Used DHL only once.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2020
Saint2ace this is d battery i planned reviving today

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
I may likely get this if money show

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2020
dollarnaira:
Saint2ace this is d battery i planned reviving today

Very good battery, let's give it a shot then. Does it take charge? And what's the volts at rest?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
dollarnaira:
I may likely get this if money show

Why not any of these 2 attached? My reason being that the true watts of the inverter is less than half the capacity written on the inverter.
The true continuous draw on this Ur inverter could be 100w and it peaks at 300w as shown in the picture.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2020
saint2ace:

Why not any of these 2 attached? My reason being that the true watts of the inverter is less than half the capacity written on the inverter.
The true continuous draw on this Ur inverter could be 100w and it peaks at 300w as shown in the picture.

Another rescue
Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2020
saint2ace:

Very good battery, let's give it a shot then. Does it take charge? And what's the volts at rest?

In fact make i no talk yet....
Battery:
B4 charge = 2v
Now charging at 13.6v , 11amp( amp was increasing with time. Started with 0.9amp)

From manual charge to intelligent
Turn off n on
Disconnected one terminal n plugged back b4 it peaked.

At THIS STAGE THIS CHARGER NA WINSH...

Observing.....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2020
dollarnaira:

In fact make i no talk yet....
Battery:
B4 charge = 2v
Now charging at 13.6v , 11amp( amp was increasing with time. Started with 0.9amp)

From manual charge to intelligent
Turn off n on
Disconnected one terminal n plugged back b4 it peaked.

At THIS STAGE THIS CHARGER NA WINSH...

Observing.....

Wawoooo, abeg observe well oh. Give us update sha when it gets to full then allow it sit for 24hrs then we go know the true state.

Well done boss
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
saint2ace:

Wawoooo, abeg observe well oh. Give us update sha when it gets to full then allow it sit for 24hrs then we go know the true state.

Well done boss

Ok boss
Remember,it will take few days bc of nepa i need constant 24hrs of power
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Zifon: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2020

Helo house
i have this diy 11.1v 14.4ah lion battery and 12/24v 20a solar charge controller that is connected to 150w solar panel. The charge controller charging voltage is between 14.4v to 15v max adjustable. My question now is can i charge the battery with this controller?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by letustalk(m): 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
saint2ace:

Hi Saint2ace, you seem to know your inverters quite well. Quick guidance needed here. I want to setup my workstation at home. I will be using a laptop, 2 monitors and a wireless router. Can you recommend the suitable setup to go for and how much this is like to set me back? Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 6:01am On Sep 11, 2020
Zifon:

Helo house
i have this diy 11.1v 14.4ah lion battery and 12/24v 20a solar charge controller that is connected to 150w solar panel. The charge controller charging voltage is between 14.4v to 15v max adjustable. My question now is can i charge the battery with this controller?
that controller will damage the battery in no time.
Charge voltage for the said battery should be 12.66V.
It's better to get a CV, CC step down converter that you can use.
Lithium are very sensitive.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 6:02am On Sep 11, 2020
Zifon:

Helo house
Do you mean lithium batteries? If yes, how are they configured? That will determine their charging voltage, a picture also if available
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 6:04am On Sep 11, 2020
letustalk:

Hi Saint2ace, you seem to know your inverters quite well. Quick guidance needed here. I want to setup my workstation at home. I will be using a laptop, 2 monitors and a wireless router. Can you recommend the suitable setup to go for and how much this is like to set me back? Thanks
You will have to tell us the total and individual wattage of the devices you want to power first

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.